PDA

View Full Version : The New Masters

God Jinrai
2002-12-12, 10:17 PM
Your thoughts on the new masters of the universe series and comic?

The sorceress, Teela and evil lynn are hotter than ever before...

Granted the battles are a little too dbz style for me, but perhaps it's that change that makes it more watchable in my eyes... The voices are also quite a nice change of pace...

Zath
2002-12-12, 10:39 PM
I like the show a lot... They gaver nods to old fans as well as attracting newer ones. The intro is classic...

LigerZero
2002-12-12, 11:51 PM
Yeah I like it too. It doesn't seem too DBZish to me. And I really do like that they didn't forget where the show originally came from. The nods to the original show are great.

And I like how Adam and He-Man don't look alike like they did in the original. Adam is smaller and not overly musilled while He-Man could make any body builder jealouse.

Sir Auros
2002-12-13, 03:26 AM
I love it...

How's about making this sticky since this is like the 5th copy of this thread I've seen, or at least conglomerating them...

Wildfire Herald
2002-12-15, 03:08 AM
DBZ style? Odd, I haven't noticed Skeletor and Heman standing in front of each other doing nothing but saying "grr..." and sweating for 3 episodes straight... My only real problem with it is that Skeletor's lackeys are too stupid. Trapjaw, Whiplash, Beast Man and Clawful are pretty much all the same character but with different physical deformaties. I know his troops are supposed to be dumb, but come on

Ultimate Weapon
2002-12-15, 11:28 AM
The comic is out yet I failed to notice it. I'll be picking it up Monday as I saw my friends copy and flipped through it. I noticed Orka on almost every page.

Scout
2002-12-16, 04:41 AM
I like the new comic! The art is awesome, the plotline is moving along well and it's got great perspectives in the way the story is drawn. So far, it's very good imo.

popediscordia
2002-12-16, 07:17 PM
The cartoon is great, good voice charactization, nice animation and interesting stories.

What little I've read of the comic leads me to believe that it's not worth my time.

Transfan
2002-12-17, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Scout
I like the new comic! The art is awesome, the plotline is moving along well and it's got great perspectives in the way the story is drawn. So far, it's very good imo.

The comic is starting to grow on me,the idea of a crystal that enhances magical abilities is an intriguing story IMO.But is the comic an ongoing series or a mini series?

Darth Shrapnel
2002-12-20, 10:45 PM
How many issues are out?