PDA

View Full Version : Ben Affleck as Daredevil?

Galvatron91
2003-01-24, 04:55 AM
what do you think?

Sir Auros
2003-01-24, 08:22 AM
Funny that we were just discussing this on AIM...

I had to go with "I don't know," because he's had such a sordid acting past, but Changing Lanes causes me to give him the benefit of the doubt, and regardless of whether or not he really fits the role, I'm sure to go see it soon after it comes out, but not the weekend that it comes out since that's Valentine's weekend and Lady Auros'll be up here...

Silly Cow
2003-01-24, 08:41 AM
From the teaser I saw, he seemed to be good for the part. Can't really say anything for certain though, but I think he'll do well.

If they would've needed actors to play Murdoch and Nelson, then there would've been an old on-screen duo that would be perfect for the roles: Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter. :D

Cliffjumper
2003-01-24, 03:00 PM
The actor? Hmmm.... unconvinced but willing to give it a go... it's the fact that the costume makes him look like The devil's Personal Gimp that bothers me...

BigMaki
2003-01-24, 06:08 PM
At least the guy is a huge fan of the comics. Hopefully he'll have enough input to keep it true enough to its roots. Now, I'm not sure about the director, considering what a butchering he put on A Prayer For Owen Meany when he turned it into the festering pile of garbage known as Simon Birch...

Ultimate Weapon
2003-01-24, 11:16 PM
The Frank Miller Visionaries is the best interpretation of Daredevil material ever. How can Hollowood even dare to live up to the Miller myth. Much like the first Batman which copied Dark Knight Returns and Killing Joke. I may give this one a pass and wait for Hulk or Punisher.

Denyer
2003-01-25, 05:05 AM
Well, since I don't much bother with the comics, I doubt I shall with the film...

Bombshell
2003-01-25, 05:08 AM
I might go and see it...

Oh, and does anyone think that Michael Clarke Duncan is the perfect Kingpin?

*EDIT*

Checking over at IMDB.com, I found out that he's going to be doing the voice of the Kingpin on the new Spider-Man animated series.

Galvatron91
2003-01-25, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Quicksilver
The actor? Hmmm.... unconvinced but willing to give it a go... it's the fact that the costume makes him look like The devil's Personal Gimp that bothers me...

it frightens me that we both think that...bitter minds do think alike.

Cyberstrike nTo
2003-01-25, 03:36 PM
Having seen Chasing Amy he might be able to pull it off but with crap he made like Armageddon this still could be a real disaster.

I will say this in his favor: He looks like Matt Murdock but his acting talent is debateable.

Cliffjumper
2003-01-25, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Well, since I don't much bother with the comics, I doubt I shall with the film...

Dude, what did you think of that disintegrating one I sent ya a year or so ago? C'Mon, it rocked! Apart from the suspicious stain on the cover...

And G91, what I'd like to know is just what was wrong with the 'red' costume [I'm not going to fall into the pit of saying original ;)] which to be honest was one of the more respectable and movie-friendly ones of the whole Marvel line....

The Green Knight
2003-01-25, 07:20 PM
Question: how many here care more about seeing Bullseye than Daredevil? I'm stoked about seeing that psychotic marksman going after that little goody-goody on the big screen...

he deserves some much more than being a mere Daredevil baddie...

BigMaki
2003-01-25, 07:29 PM
It helps that Colin Farrell is just a badass. Don't know about the way they did his bullseye on his forehead, though... It looks a little goofy to me. Here's to hoping they don't kill him or Elektra, either...

Galvatron91
2003-01-25, 10:05 PM
And G91, what I'd like to know is just what was wrong with the 'red' costume [I'm not going to fall into the pit of saying original ;)] which to be honest was one of the more respectable and movie-friendly ones of the whole Marvel line....

EXACTLY! The red is classic Daredevil!

Blitzwing
2003-01-25, 11:57 PM
I think Affleck should be pretty good for the part. He's a semi-comic fan in real life, so it's better than getting someone who didn't know anything about comics.

I also heard that Kevin Smith was on the set for a lot of the filming and that he had a bit of artistic input for the movie, so that should be a plus.

Wolfang
2003-01-26, 12:30 AM
Why didn't they have DDs black/red/silver deal? That suit was good...not that there's anything wrong with the red one, mind you. As for Michael Clarke Duncan, I think he'll make an awesome Kingpin. Like Snake, however, I'm far more psyched about seeing Bullseye on the big screen.

Divebomb
2003-01-26, 08:18 AM
I think he fits the role and since I am a marvel fan, even though I don't pay attetion to Daredevil hiself, I will go see the movie.

angloconvoy
2003-01-29, 09:05 PM
Ok, my opinion. Whoever said affleck looks like murdock is just plain wrong. Oh except that since the movie was announced they've been slowly altering him to look more like affleck. I don't see him having the acting ability to pull it off either. Oh and the red black silver dealy was nasty colurwise, but would have made a nice design for a real life interpetation of the costume. Keepit all in red and it would look nice. Saying that, I'm a fairly big fan of the character so I'll still give it a chance. I'm just hoping its more spider-man than x-men (or wolverine and a bunch of other people, as cliffy rightly called it, not that wolverine even looked that much like...err getting off the point on an x-men rant here. I'll stop now)

Cliffjumper
2003-01-29, 09:35 PM
Hmm, I'm trying not to kick it too much before I've seen it... and as for synchronisation of appearancs, check out Smith's Daredevil/Bullseye #1.... wouldn't be surprised if DD has a new look by the end of that series... The movie isn't going to blow Miller's stuff out of the water, and is unlikely to reach the darkness of Nocenti's stuff eiither, but if it's a passable runaround I'll be happy...

BigMaki
2003-01-29, 09:43 PM
as for synchronisation of appearancs, check out Smith's Daredevil/Bullseye #1.... wouldn't be surprised if DD has a new look by the end of that series...
Well, considering the fact that the series, if it continues on the schedule it's on, will finish in approximately 2006, I figure the movie will be long forgotten by then. ;)

angloconvoy
2003-01-29, 09:44 PM
That's about where I am for now. Hell if I could enjoy the old bill bixby hulk I'm sure I can be mildly entertained by this at least. I am glad thay didn't go with lucy liu as elektra in te end though (ehat with elektra being greek)

Cliffjumper
2003-01-29, 10:01 PM
Y'know, I honestly think, as appearances go, Aria would make a fantastic Elektra...

axio
2003-01-29, 10:06 PM
Y'know, I honestly think, as appearances go, Aria would make a fantastic Elektra...

Aria would be to stupid to act, she'd prob spread her legs or something and that would be the end of her scene... haha, ok ok, I kid, I just don't see what everyone sees in her...

Cliffjumper
2003-01-29, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by LiquifiedTiger
Aria would be to stupid to act, she'd prob spread her legs or something and that would be the end of her scene... haha, ok ok, I kid, I just don't see what everyone sees in her...

I did say only by apearance - I doubt very much she could cut it as an actress... And I find her beautiful. Oh, and I'm 21, hardly a kid...

Ozz
2003-01-29, 10:25 PM
Yeah, all those popsingers Grimlock and others are having in sigs are nothing compared with this babe.

I like Ben Affleck, most, no, every film with him I saw, no matter if it was 'Forces of Nature' or 'Mallrats', was great to me. So I shouldn't be worried about his performace in 'Daredevil'. But...

There is another great actor, Val Kilmer, whom I like much, but his Batman wasn't too good.
But I'm rather optimistic about Affleck's part.

Cliffjumper
2003-01-29, 10:27 PM
...what about Pearl Harbor? Actually, to be fair, he was probaly the best thing in it...

Ozz
2003-01-29, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by me
I like Ben Affleck, most, no, every film with him I saw, no matter if it was 'Forces of Nature' or 'Mallrats', was great to me.

But I haven't seen 'Pearl Harbor'.;)

Cliffjumper
2003-01-29, 10:49 PM
Yeh, but you don't implicictly state that... you give two examples, and you're sentence doesn't say wheth they are just that, examples picked out to show the range of Affleck movies you've seen [e.g. "I love every TF comic, from 'Legacy of Unicron' to 'Rock 'n' Roll Out!'"] or just the only ones...

Ozz
2003-01-29, 10:57 PM
Yeah, sorry. But I can tell you I've seen some more than those two. And among them, worst Affleck's part would be the one in Armaggedon. From what I heard the one in Pearl Harbor wasn't great either. That would mean that he's not good as goody superhero, and that's why I'm bit worried about 'Daredevil'.

Cliffjumper
2003-01-29, 11:02 PM
Hmmm, to be fair there's nothing wrong with his performacne in PH, it's more the fact that he's probably got a badly written role - one of PH's failings is that the love triangle is uninteresting, and even rather irrelevant to the attack itself, and takes up about 2 hours of the film... he does quite well, though about the only other persoon who doesn't get terminal miscasting is Hartnett...

dead robot
2003-01-30, 01:02 AM
... they should've gotten a bunch of nobodies that can be taken seriously ...

axio
2003-01-30, 01:49 AM
I did say only by apearance - I doubt very much she could cut it as an actress... And I find her beautiful. Oh, and I'm 21, hardly a kid...

I said "I kid" as in Triumph the Insult Dog's catch phrase after he says "FOR ME TO POOP ON!"

yes... but have you heard her voice... ewww

Cliffjumper
2003-01-30, 02:03 AM
I said "I kid" as in Triumph the Insult Dog's catch phrase after he says "FOR ME TO POOP ON!"

yes... but have you heard her voice... ewww

Ah my apologies... and no, I haven't... not sure I want to now ;)

axio
2003-01-30, 02:10 AM
Ah my apologies... and no, I haven't... not sure I want to now ;)

view a vid of her, guarantee you'll want to slap her after hearing her HORRIBLE voice, its the thing that nightmares are made of

Ozz
2003-01-30, 02:14 PM
She gets speaking parts?

The Green Knight
2003-01-30, 02:43 PM
I just don't see what everyone sees in her...

*takes a gander...

Yuck! In her, I see a high risk of getting VD!!!

Lucifer
2003-02-12, 12:07 AM
As long as Affleck's new wife-to-be stays far away from the project, i'll probably check it out.

Aria = not bad to talk to. Tera Patrick = ugly, over rated, and impossible to deal with.