PDA

View Full Version : May 3rd is Free Comic Book Day.

Sir Auros
2003-04-29, 06:37 AM
Just so you know. I think the site for it is actually something like www.freecomicbookday.com

There's a DW Armada comic (don't know if it's a rehash of the first or not) and a Slave Labor Press comic (with a Jhonen Vasquez story, you know, the creator of Invader Zim and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac?), and some other comic that I thought looked neat.

Bombshell
2003-04-29, 07:21 AM
Yeah, I know.

And the Armada comic is a new one.

Click Here To Read A Review Of It (http://www.bwtf.com/cbreviews/dw/free/)

RID Scourge
2003-04-29, 09:32 AM
Yay! That's saturday! :D

StoneCold Skywarp
2003-05-04, 11:50 PM
I love free comics.... I gots me :

Transformers Armada (Naturally)
Ultimate X-Men
Superman (****, but kinda funny)
Velocity (haven't read)
Fables (talking pigs?!)

Free comics, probably gonna pulp two or three of them, but hell they didn't cost me anything !!

RID Scourge
2003-05-05, 04:19 AM
Got 2 copies of Armada, 1 of Ultimate X-Men, and 1 of He Man (was actually just issue 1, and they wanted to get rid of it).

Hound
2003-05-05, 05:52 AM
Got Ultimate X-Men, Batman Adventures, Armada, Leave It To Chance, Way of the Rat, Donald Duck Adventures, Metallix and Rocket Comics.

I probably won't read the last three but at least I didn't pay for them...:cool:

Sir Auros
2003-05-05, 06:19 AM
I really wanted to pick up the Slave Labor Press book (for whatever Jhonen Vasquez put into it), but we went to Busch Gardens (finally) on Saturday, so it looks like I missed out.

Oh well.

Blitzwing
2003-05-05, 06:35 AM
I picked up Armada and Leave it to Chance. Armada was pretty good, LitC was not.

There was a free Ultimate X-men? I would have loved to have gotten that since I just started getting into the series. Was it a new issue or a reprint of an older one?

Halfshell
2003-05-06, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Blitzwing
There was a free Ultimate X-men? I would have loved to have gotten that since I just started getting into the series. Was it a new issue or a reprint of an older one?

Issue 1.

You goons got to pick the comic you wanted? Gah. FP in Southampton were doing blind-draw with every transaction. Fttt.

Cliffjumper
2003-05-06, 11:04 PM
How the Hell do we get a free Amrada, but none of the actual issues? It's not like it'll detract from sales of the Panini book.

Halfshell
2003-05-06, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
How the Hell do we get a free Amrada, but none of the actual issues? It's not like it'll detract from sales of the Panini book.

Speaking of which, does anybody really think we were expected to buy "Terry Henry, Woolwich" as a genuine contributer? El Furmo strikes again, methinks.

RID Scourge
2003-05-07, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
It's not like it'll detract from sales of the Panini book.

From the looks of it, it's doing a good job of that on its own. :p

I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have a free GI Joe comic. That would have been awesome.

Hound
2003-05-07, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by PaladinPrime
I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have a free GI Joe comic. That would have been awesome.
I was actually glad that Image picked "Leave It To Chance". I'd never read any of that book before and was curious about it. The free comic was lame though, sadly. I wonder if that's indicative...

BTW, the free Ultimate X-Men comic was a reprint of issue #1 and I didn't much care for it... :yawn: