PDA

View Full Version : MP Prime shots / news policy discussion (kept for reference)


Denyer
2003-10-07, 11:34 PM
http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1945357

Pretty nice. Me want... smaller version.

deej
2003-10-08, 12:32 AM
holy **** he's big...Could have a nice wrestling showdown between Masterpiece Prime & Unicron I think :P

"annnd Prime hits the gorilla press....Unicron is dooownnnnnnn"

Sir Auros
2003-10-08, 12:54 AM
Yeah, smaller and plastic parts are good enough for me if they'll drop the price...

BigMaki
2003-10-08, 01:08 AM
* coughs *

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549

Scooped! ;)

I guess I'm not the only one getting tired of incredibly large figures. Only so much room on the shelf, you see...

Sir Auros
2003-10-08, 01:13 AM
It's not so much that it's so big, it's that it's so big and that raises the price to a ridiculous level...:wall:

Denyer
2003-10-08, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by BigMaki
* coughs *

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18549

Scooped! ;)Would've been scooped if you'd posted it in the right damn forum...

BigMaki
2003-10-08, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Denyer
Would've been scooped if you'd posted it in the right damn forum...
Hey, I didn't post it, but I'd think Toys/Merchandise would be a logical place for it to go... Where's that shrugging his shoulders smiley? :)

Denyer
2003-10-08, 01:39 AM
It's news. Toys/merch is for discussion of TF products, and MP Prime isn't shipped and in hand. Nor is it a kitbash. The question "would you buy this (insert pic)?" would suit Toys, because News ain't about questions. It's more for drooling/speculation, really...

RID Scourge
2003-10-08, 01:43 AM
I'm actually getting him because of his size. If it were smaller, I wouldn't consider it because I have so many primes all ready. It's the size that makes him unique.

BigMaki
2003-10-08, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Denyer
It's news. Toys/merch is for discussion of TF products, and MP Prime isn't shipped and in hand. Nor is it a kitbash. The question "would you buy this (insert pic)?" would suit Toys, because News ain't about questions. It's more for drooling/speculation, really...
And thus, the reason I never browse by forum, only by recent post is revealed to me. I always kind of figured, "Hey, it's a toy, so it should be posted in toys." Shows how little I know about this place, I guess. ;)

Just thought it curious to have 2 topics that are just about identical to each other open at the same time is all... :rolleyes:

ShinCDX
2003-10-08, 04:23 AM
Very impressive. Up until now, I had only seen pics of an unpainted prototype.... but this is truly magnificent....almost every detail captured.... But no trailer?:confused:

Oldschool TF fan
2003-10-08, 04:38 AM
I love him. I've always wanted a Prime that was like on the cartoons but this is more than you could ask for. Another fig I've been wanting for around 17yrs.

Sixswitch
2003-10-08, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by BigMaki
And thus, the reason I never browse by forum, only by recent post is revealed to me. I always kind of figured, "Hey, it's a toy, so it should be posted in toys." Shows how little I know about this place, I guess. ;)


Logic has no place here. You should know that by now. ;)

-Ss

Ultimate Weapon
2003-10-08, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Denyer
It's news. Toys/merch is for discussion of TF products, and MP Prime isn't shipped and in hand. Nor is it a kitbash. The question "would you buy this (insert pic)?" would suit Toys, because News ain't about questions. It's more for drooling/speculation, really...

Then why did you move my Arcee custom thread?:eyebrow:

Denyer
2003-10-08, 09:14 AM
Because it's a custom/kitbash, not a product.

We've usually got topics multiples... but if you take the news (and upcoming toys make up a large chunk of that) out of here, is there any point in having a news forum? The only other current products are reprints and DW, and convention stuff isn't exactly thick on the ground.

This is possibly why I don't visit this place for news; only about three-and-a-half people regularly post their finds in it.

Should we can this forum and stick with the news lister on the front page?

RID Scourge
2003-10-08, 04:08 PM
I come to this forum for news, as this is the only TF site I regularly frequent. There are a few reference sites I go to in order to look at pics of old toys so that I can decide if I want them, but I really don't find any news there. So, I vote to keep this forum.

Ultimate Weapon
2003-10-08, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
Because it's a custom/kitbash, not a product.

We've usually got topics multiples... but if you take the news (and upcoming toys make up a large chunk of that) out of here, is there any point in having a news forum? The only other current products are reprints and DW, and convention stuff isn't exactly thick on the ground.

This is possibly why I don't visit this place for news; only about three-and-a-half people regularly post their finds in it.

Should we can this forum and stick with the news lister on the front page?

Well it would eleviate the need to post 2 threads on an identical subject. But since you asked if it were my way I would lessen the forums into 1 single Transformers thread. I believe the Archive has too many forums as it is, just my opinion.

Denyer
2003-10-08, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
I would lessen the forums into 1 single Transformers thread. It worked really well when there were only about ten people posting.

I do think that there's too much redundancy here now with individual forums, a news forum and the lister. Maybe if there were a way to operate psuedo forums, in which topics were marked for inclusion into a news forum incorporating posts from all the others...

Not sure if vB can handle that, or even if any BB software out there can. It would make an awful lot of sense, though.

Sixswitch
2003-10-08, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Denyer

Not sure if vB can handle that, or even if any BB software out there can. It would make an awful lot of sense, though.

It could be done manually. Kinda like the way you handle the Online TF Resources forum. It'd be a bitch to maintain though.

-Ss

Denyer
2003-10-08, 07:16 PM
I could just swipe anything which constituted genuine news into this forum with a redir left... I do usually read Toys&Merch, so it's a solution of sorts. There isn't going to be any BW+BM/RiD/JapaneseTF news as such, and I also read G1 sometimes.

Yeah, that's probably the best solution. May take a few cross-forum threadmerges sometimes (the software is happy with this AFAIK), but I think it bears up to scrutiny as a working policy.

Here's how it's going to work:

Toys: Kitbashes, customs, shipping products.

News: Forthcoming official products. eg, Energon, unreleased Alternators.

With that in mind I'm going to go and raid Toys&Merch a bit.