PDA

View Full Version : OOC: AWF stuff...

Wolfang
2003-10-15, 12:38 AM
Alright, just so nobody bitches at me about not making any more logos, Blaster has some. I have no idea which, but he definitely has some. That's one update out of the way.

Now, there are a few other things relating to the AWF staff in general. The first is going to be me asking Silly Cow if there are updated stats for win-loss records and averages. Well?

The second is going to be asking D-Extreme if we can update our profiles for his AWF scenario (I think that's what it was called)? You know... name changes, move changes, altered 'overness' (I think that was how it was phrased), and salary. (I just wanted to bring to your attention that I was more over and making more money since moving to the tag team scene).

And finally... some suggestions for categories in the AWF 2003 Awards.
1) Best wrestler of the year.
2) Best tag team of the year.
3) Match of the year.
4) Pay-per-view of the year.
5) Best entrance music.
6) Best signature move.
7) Holy sh1t moment of the year.
8) Best bumptaker.
9) Best smacktalker.
10) Bump of the year.
11) Funniest moment of the year.
12) Emotional moment of the year.

And I'll take any other suggestions for categories.

Well get on with it, people!

Silly Cow
2003-10-15, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Wolfang
Now, there are a few other things relating to the AWF staff in general. The first is going to be me asking Silly Cow if there are updated stats for win-loss records and averages. Well?

Sorry, no. I've been too caught up with all kinds of s**t to keep them updated. I intend to do it, though.

And for the AWF awards, since we are finishing our second year a "Rookie of the year" award wouldn't be that bad.
And I know it would bring extra work but I think we could use nominations for the awards. We could have a first round vote and then they would take the best five and we would vote on them. Just an idea. I'm pretty sure that in some categories (MotY) the votes would spread too much.

Sixswitch
2003-10-15, 08:41 AM
How's bout:

Non-Wrestler of the year(referee, announcer, interviewer, etc etc)
Feud of the Year

As for EWR, has a scenario been made for Version 4? I just got this version, and I'd be interested to see an updated AWF scenario for it.

-Ss

AWF Press Office
2003-10-15, 08:48 AM
And finally... some suggestions for categories in the AWF 2003 Awards.

How is it October already? That's scary.

1) Best wrestler of the year.

Whilst being the obvious one, this raises a big question mark. What criteria do you use? The best performances within their match? If so, then that's down more to the writer... although it's influenced by the character themselves. Maybe a "best character" category to supplement it? We've seen quite a few unique characters pass through, who whilst not having huge success, definitely deserve praise for cultivating them.

7) Holy sh1t moment of the year.

In ring, presumably. I'd add a "surprise of the year" category, too.

Newcomer's already been suggested. Maybe expand the MotY category to cover best singles match, best tag team match, best other, and best overall?

Extreme_Kup
2003-10-15, 10:38 AM
version 4? Hmm..yeah I have been making one but I guess I have to make gfx for the banners and pics for the wrestlers then? so it will be a pain for me to do that. Or if you guys want I can just make the scenario and dont need to make pics since EWR 4 has a picture of wrestler option.

As for the over and card position of the scenario I will ask either G91 or Vin(if I get in touch with him on AIM possibly if hes available there) to PM with the card standings (main eventers, upper midcard, midcard, lower midcard, openers and jobbers)

And I have to update the new wrestlers of this fed and the other 2...(that is if fed no. 3 will actually be active)

[edit] hmm....damn i'm so tempted to make 2 scenarios...one that is the real AWF one and one which is Mayhem vs Warzone scenario where both brands go into separate er..promotions?

Brave Maximus
2003-10-15, 04:00 PM
For bump of the year and Holy SH!t of the year, I say that match between OP2005 and God Jinrai. The one where Jinrai Died. :D

Wolfang
2003-10-15, 09:08 PM
So we're looking at adding:
1) Changing Best wrestler to best character.
2) adding non-wrestler of the year (#13)
3) adding feud of the year (#14)
4) adding surprise of the year (#15)
5) adding best newcomer (#16)
5) expanding the match of the year to be best singles match, best tag team match, best other match and then best overall.

That would be about 20, yes?

Okay. I like Silly Cow's suggestion of nominating for a first round, and then voting on the choices. Oh, and out of professionalism, can we not have people voting for themselves? I know it seems like nitpicking, but I can think of at least one person who I believe would do this...

And Max, I think your nomination is a good one. Unfortunately, Jinners isn't (apparently) dead...

On another note, this will be Mayhem and Warzone combined. Otherwise we're looking at about twice the number of categories; and that is way too much to handle.

Brave Maximus
2003-10-15, 09:16 PM
LOL, well he was dead (much to just about everyone's surprise) and now he's not and then...... ah well.

Good point on not nominating yourself, very cool idea :D