PDA

View Full Version : Proof that Takara is better than Hasbro (Energon)

Brave Maximus
2003-12-03, 10:49 PM
We always know that Takara USUALLY (barring some of the ehobby repaints) has the better paint jobs: Shockwave Vs Tidalwave, Japanese Armada actually has detailed symbols on the TF's, etc.

It seems that Hasbro has really made something ugly this time:
2 of the complaints for Energon prime is the over ammount of white and that mouth.

Well, the scans from Superlink Japan - it looks like Hasbro did that and Takara didn't.

Here's some pics of Energon in Japan (http://www.fantofan.com/news/mag/hyperhobby/hh1-3.jpg) - not Prime looks better AND DOESN'T HAVE A MOUTH!!!!!

Well, I know which one I'm getting..........

Edit: Also notice that Primes little partners are about the same size as a basic sized Transformer (and yet they still don't have a Robot mode)

deej
2003-12-03, 11:10 PM
hmm..while the colouring on prime looks better than the hideous (sp) hasbro scheme, I still think he looks like he belongs in the "My first Transformer" toyline as opposed to energon..

on a side note - I'm assuming that's Energon jetfire on the right? I think that's the first I've seen of him and he's the 2nd mold that I think looks worth getting (next to rodimus)..

Dead Man Wade
2003-12-03, 11:24 PM
yeah, no.

it may be better than the hasbro version, but it's still not worth buying. now, if someone got me an energon o.p. as a gift, i would accept it, and it would most likely go on the shelf o' tfs. but as for paying for it, no.

Brave Maximus
2003-12-03, 11:26 PM
What don't you like about it?
the extreme chubbyness or the multicoloured parts?

RID Scourge
2003-12-03, 11:37 PM
I think the mouth is on the head for big mode (yes, he has a different head when he combines with the little pieces of sh*t that he comes with).

Dead Man Wade
2003-12-03, 11:38 PM
mostly the fact that he's way to chubby. admittedly it's a minor gripe, but i just don't like the way he looks.

the fact of the matter is, he's not the worst tf i've ever seen. but he's definitely not real high on my list of "must-haves".

Brave Maximus
2003-12-03, 11:44 PM
Actually, in the North Am version, it's like a helmet sortof - it goes aroun his head, but doesn't cover the mouth up

I can understand the Chubbyness thing, but he does look better combined. I think it would be a much better thing if it was one unified colour scheme. This one would look amazing in an RID scourge colour scheme or even black and gold.

Dead Man Wade
2003-12-04, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Brave Maximus
I can understand the Chubbyness thing, but he does look better combined. I think it would be a much better thing if it was one unified colour scheme. This one would look amazing in an RID scourge colour scheme or even black and gold.

yeah, he does look better combined. and if i get him, that's how he'll be displayed.

but it's real hard to justify buying a toy that looks so.......out of shape.

as for the color scheme, definitely look better black.

RID Scourge
2003-12-04, 04:37 AM
I've decided that PLOP is the last OP I get in a while, unless Anniversary Prime doesn't sell, and ends up going for dirt cheap.