PDA

View Full Version : [G1 Ongoing cover] Now this is weird...

Nevermore
2003-12-31, 06:11 PM
http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/board/diamond/g1.jpg

Is that Sunstorm being throttled by Jetfire?

Bombshell
2003-12-31, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Nevermore

Is that Sunstorm being throttled by Jetfire?

Yes. It is.

It's also the cover of the third issue of the G1 ongoing.

Jetfire426
2004-01-03, 11:10 PM
just another cover to get

Ballplayer
2004-01-04, 03:30 PM
Okay but what's weird about it then???

Jetfire426
2004-01-04, 05:59 PM
who the hell is Sunstorm:confused: is he new?

Halfshell
2004-01-04, 06:04 PM
Sunstorm is a newish character.

eHobby have been doing a line of exclusive recolours to compliment Takara's Collector reissues. The Starscream counterpart was an orange jet called Sunstorm.

The character supposedly represents the orange Decepticon seen on Cybertron in a couple of season 1 episodes.

There was a Heroes of Cybertron version done as some form of exclusive for OTFCC this year, and DW have decided to include the character in the ongoing series.

My work here is done.

Bombshell
2004-01-04, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Brendocon

My work here is done.

Good. Now go away and don't come back. :p

And for more info on Sunstorm, go here (http://www.tfu.info/2003/Destron/Sunstorm/sunstorm.htm)

Jetfire426
2004-01-06, 12:30 AM
ok so he was just a guy in the back ground and they decided to make him into a normal guy.. ok thanks

Random Sweep
2004-01-07, 05:04 AM
basically DW was inundated with requests for him ( and jetfire funnily enough ) so they decided to make him a central figure in Vol. 3

Bombshell
2004-01-07, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Random Sweep
basically DW was inundated with requests for him ( and jetfire funnily enough ) so they decided to make him a central figure in Vol. 3

Really? I though that they were "introducing a brand new G1 character."

Random Sweep
2004-01-07, 05:48 AM
I guess Sunstorm is their idea of a "NEW" character as he hasnt been featured and a named character in a comic before.

Bombshell
2004-01-07, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Random Sweep
I guess Sunstorm is their idea of a "NEW" character as he hasnt been featured and a named character in a comic before.

True, but if they did it with Overlord/Gigatron (and from what I've heard, that's real likely), it wouldn't necessarily be the same, since, even though he's new to the American G1 universe, he's not exactly new to the Transformers universe as a whole.

Strafe
2004-01-07, 06:24 AM
Why is Sunstorm's right hand twice as large as his left?

Other than that the cover looks awesome, tho I'm not in the mood for Jetfire being an ally of Starscream. (Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt)

Bombshell
2004-01-07, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Strafe
I'm not in the mood for Jetfire being an ally of Starscream. (Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt)

What do you expect? It's Brad Mick, the guy who made the War And Peace stew from almost 20 years worth of old veggies. :rolleyes: At least he seasoned it up so it was passable. Here's hoping he does it again.

Random Sweep
2004-01-07, 09:45 AM

I think that it is just a distortion caused by the curve of the page making that part closer to the camera, could be wrong though... might be gigantism

Halfshell
2004-01-07, 10:56 AM

Muscle development because he uses it more?

*bans self*

Random Sweep
2004-01-07, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Brendocon
Muscle development because he uses it more?

*bans self*

hehe was gonna say that but didnt want to be that obvious

Xille
2004-01-07, 06:02 PM
The issue's not even out yet and there's already a problem with it. It never fails.

Warcry
2004-01-08, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Bombshell
At least he seasoned it up so it was passable.
That's debatable.

Seriously, if Jetfire's intro this time around involves getting pulled out of the ice, I'm going to fly out to Vancouver and shoot Brad Mick in the face.

Denyer
2004-01-08, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by xille
The issue's not even out yet and there's already a problem with it. It never fails. a) The DW sense of 'perspective' is in operation.

b) Jetfire's already being headlined in TWW.

Xille
2004-01-08, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Denyer
b) Jetfire's already being headlined in TWW.

I've got no problem with Jetfire being there. I just don't like the hand. That's all.

Jetfire426
2004-01-08, 11:33 AM
thats to bad that they didn;t get the rights to draw him like the toy back in the day.... i think that would have been cool...to have that Jetfire instead of the G1 Skyfire...

Denyer
2004-01-08, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by xille
I've got no problem with Jetfire being there. I just don't like the hand. That's all. Just commenting that it doesn't exactly bode well...

I'll be interested to see how they deal with Sunstorm, whether they keep any of his characterisation, etc.

Nevermore
2004-01-08, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Jetfire426
thats to bad that they didn;t get the rights to draw him like the toy back in the day.... i think that would have been cool...to have that Jetfire instead of the G1 Skyfire...

Toy-accurate versions of Ratchet, Ironhide and Megatron would also be cool.

Denyer
2004-01-08, 04:50 PM
It'd beat Pat's version of Megs, anyway. I don't know how the leader of 'Cons is supposed to look dangerous when he has a head shaped like a penis.