PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Chrystals of Burma = Raw Energon?

DrSpengler
2004-01-06, 03:14 AM
Today I watched More Than Meets the Eye 1-3 and Before The Storm through Other Voices 2.

So I was thinking, were the Ruby Chrystals of Burma seen in MTMTE2 actually energon in its raw, chrystalic form (as seen in Beast Wars)?

I mean Soundwave says that the chrystals are packed with energy and Megatron finds a way to convert them into stable energon (just as Beast Wars Megatron did).

Besides, what kind of normal chrystals are "packed with energy"?

After Other Voices the Vok Planetbuster eradicated most of the energon on prehistoric Earth but by not all of it. And when Beast Wars finished the Maximals left Earth still riddled with the energon chrystals the Vok seeded it with.

It's a thought I had. I was bored.

Anybody else think this?

bluekatt
2004-01-06, 03:32 AM
never thought it before though it could work and is another tie beastwars tie in to G1
if you forget that G1 is fragemented and episodic and each episode is pretty much a standalone effort instead of a coherent story
AND THe WRITERS OF EACH EPISODE DO WHAT EVER THEY PLEASE AND CAN JUST AS WEL DISREGARD WHAT HAS HAPPEND BEFORE ( THATS WHY ( damn caps lock ) after mmte we never saw those crystals again )
but you coudl argue that the crystals seen in a prime problem
are also a form of raw energon because they displayed the same qualities thatbw energon had ( distrupting towards cybertronian life forms highly explosive and extremley powerfull)
i wont be surprised if that episode has been used to define the bw energon crystals but im just guessing here

DrSpengler
2004-01-06, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by bluekatt
but you coudl argue that the crystals seen in a prime problem
are also a form of raw energon because they displayed the same qualities thatbw energon had ( distrupting towards cybertronian life forms highly explosive and extremley powerfull)
i wont be surprised if that episode has been used to define the bw energon crystals but im just guessing here

I had considered that. The Corlonium Crystals seen in A Prime Problem do share the same explosive likeness of raw energon but if they were such a powerful energy source wouldn't Megatron have converted them to stable energon instead of hatching that idiotic "Prime clone leads the Autobots into a crystalin pit of doom" scheme?

Also the fact that they are established as Corlonium Crystals by Megatron himself and not raw energon. The name "Ruby Crystals of Burma" was made b Earthlings who had no clue what raw energon was.

bluekatt
2004-01-06, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by DrSpengler
I had considered that. The Corlonium Crystals seen in A Prime Problem do share the same explosive likeness of raw energon but if they were such a powerful energy source wouldn't Megatron have converted them to stable energon instead of hatching that idiotic "Prime clone leads the Autobots into a crystalin pit of doom" scheme?

Also the fact that they are established as Corlonium Crystals by Megatron himself and not raw energon. The name "Ruby Crystals of Burma" was made b Earthlings who had no clue what raw energon was.

wel as far as the idotic scheme goes we are talking about G1 megatron here the same megatron who thought up more idiotic schemes then i can remember to either gatrher more energon or destroy the autobots he might have been willing to sacrifice raw energy for a chance to destroy teh autbots

an dthe fact taht megatron stated himself that they were corlonium crystals doesnt actually inspire a vote of confidence he might have overlooked the fact they might be energon or maybe corlonium is another form of crystalised energon like differnt earth minerals each with their own forms