PDA

View Full Version : The constructicons messed up when they designed Trypticon

THREATMATRIX
2004-01-12, 03:01 AM
Now, I know they were expecting to destroy autobot city by having trypticon stomp it, and probably wasn't expecting autobot city to transform into metroplex. Maybe they were influenced by earth's godzilla movies but Trypticon can never beat metroplex. Trypticon is not designed to fight metroplex.

His arms are too short to even do anything to metroplex, plus he can't get in close to fight metroplex because metro's reach will knock trypticon out on his back. Also, Trypticon's mouth and head cannon are no match for metroplex's shoulder cannons, chest cannon and big ass gun metroplex holds. That's why the cons had to resort to stealing metroplex's transformation cog to have trypticon step on him!

Now, if I was galvatron, I'd use trypticon to take out some gestalts, or to fly to another planet and kick some ass, since trypticon can fly and metroplex cant! But on earth, Metroplex rules! that's why Galvatron was gonna aim a comet at him! Think about that for a second! How crazy is that! Aiming a comet to hit metroplex! Galvatron rules! But I love trypticon and it saddens me everytime he loses to metroplex! :rant:

THREATMATRIX
2004-01-12, 03:03 AM
I forgot to add, the constructicons could have taken a few more minutes to take the time to water proof Trypticon before unleashing him, geez....:glance:

DrSpengler
2004-01-12, 03:07 AM
Hell, he lost to Daniel and Wheelie! The writers for Headmasters just aren't very kind to him.

I find it odd that Dinosaurer loses to Metroplex so much. In the G1 manga (which is a part of Japanese continuity) Megatron sends Astrotrain and Reflector to spy on Metroplex. The two of them gather data and return it to Megatron. The Contrusticons then use that data to build Dinosaurer.

Where did they go wrong? They specifically built Dinosaurer to battle Metroplex using Metroplex's structural information.

Man, the Constructicons really dropped the ball on that one...

THREATMATRIX
2004-01-12, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by DrSpengler
Hell, he lost to Daniel and Wheelie! The writers for Headmasters just aren't very kind to him.

I find it odd that Dinosaurer loses to Metroplex so much. In the G1 manga (which is a part of Japanese continuity) Megatron sends Astrotrain and Reflector to spy on Metroplex. The two of them gather data and return it to Megatron. The Contrusticons then use that data to build Dinosaurer.

Where did they go wrong? They specifically built Dinosaurer to battle Metroplex using Metroplex's structural information.

Man, the Constructicons really dropped the ball on that one... See that's what I mean! The japanese version of transformers is weird! How the hell did wheelie and daniel beat a big ass city sized mechanized dinosaur?! And Trypticon was designed to fight metroplex?! If I was galvatron (and I realy wish I was) I'd torture those constructicons for months and demand they build a black and purple twin of metroplex!

RID Scourge
2004-01-12, 03:37 AM
Didn't they build trypticon while metroplex was still missing his transformation cog? They probably figured that would suffice to destroy him while he's down. Unfortunately, the autobots got the cog there just in time.

Snake
2004-01-12, 03:53 AM
What'd ya expect? The Constructicons were supposedly reponsible for the creation of that moron Megatron. Considering that it took all six of them to create a normal-sized moron, the Cons are lucky the much-more detailed work require to make the huge transforming city wasn't botched to the point that he ended up shooting at his own side, or such.

DrSpengler
2004-01-12, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by THREATMATRIX
See that's what I mean! The japanese version of transformers is weird! How the hell did wheelie and daniel beat a big ass city sized mechanized dinosaur?! And Trypticon was designed to fight metroplex?! If I was galvatron (and I realy wish I was) I'd torture those constructicons for months and demand they build a black and purple twin of metroplex!

Dinosaurer was just wandering around a canyon until he noticed Daniela dn Wheelie. The two managed outrun him (what?) accross a flimsey rope bridge. Wheelie then teased Dinosaurer and tricked that idiot into trying to cros the canyon on THE ROPE BRIDGE. Needless to say, he fell and got stuck in the canyon. *sigh* The writers hated Dinosaurer more than they hated Ultra Magnus. His death in Zone wasn't very spectacular either. In fact, he's the one who charged the Zodiak with Energon Z and gave the Autobots the power to win the battle. Idiot.

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Didn't they build trypticon while metroplex was still missing his transformation cog? They probably figured that would suffice to destroy him while he's down. Unfortunately, the autobots got the cog there just in time.

Well, in Japanese continuity they used Metroplex's design to construct him. They then unleashed him on Metroplex in Scramble City which lead to an unresolved battle. Well, apparantly Metroplex won (big surprise) and the Constructicons had to rebuild him to fight Metroplex in FFoD.

Nevermore
2004-01-12, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Snake
The Constructicons were supposedly reponsible for the creation of that moron Megatron. Considering that it took all six of them to create a normal-sized moron

It took all eight of them. http://www.comicforum.de/comicforum/images/smilies/znaika.gif

Lambda prime
2004-01-12, 01:08 PM
You have to remember the constructicons are lazy and poor builders, in 'The Master Builders' they keep going to Grapple and Hoist for assistance and some Constructicons kept using them to do their tasks on the solar tower.
Plus they were on a shedule in Five Faces, probarly rejected some essential parts of Trypticon.
In the end the Constructicons only masterpiece would be devastator who is a successful titan.

Snake
2004-01-12, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Nevermore
It took all eight of them.

Ah yes, the eight Constructicons, I remember them well: Scrapper, Scavenger, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Hook, Mixmaster, Animationerror, and Drunkenmistake...

Nevermore
2004-01-12, 01:33 PM
Actually, I can see at least one of them to be retroactively declared into being Load Hauler (http://www.tfu.info/2003/Cybertron/LoadHauler/loadhauler.htm). ;)

Dead Man Wade
2004-01-12, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Snake
Animationerror, and Drunkenmistake...

:laugh:

Too good!

Garrason
2004-01-13, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Didn't they build trypticon while metroplex was still missing his transformation cog? They probably figured that would suffice to destroy him while he's down.

Hay lets give em a bit of a brake up to this point ine the storie line the only transforming metro had done was in TF:TM from city to battle city the con-cons might not have known that metro had a bot form and laid a big green and purple brick when he stood up and tried to step on em

E Nice
2004-01-13, 04:55 AM
Aren't Metroplex and Autobot City two different things. Didn't Metroplex move around Autobot City in FFoD?

Jhiaxus
2004-01-13, 05:08 AM
By some, Metroplex is considered to be Autobot City. Others see him as a whole different entity. I say that Metroplex and Autobot City are the same, but you take your pick.

And before anybody else asks, I also consider Trypticon and Decepticon City to be the same thing.

Ozz
2004-01-13, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Optimus Magnus
By some, Metroplex is considered to be Autobot City. Others see him as a whole different entity. I say that Metroplex and Autobot City are the same, but you take your pick.

And before anybody else asks, I also consider Trypticon and Decepticon City to be the same thing.

Metroplex is a part of Autobot City. I don't think it's a case of 'picking'.

Garrason
2004-01-14, 01:07 AM
in the timewars storie from the comic books rodie tells a quint that metro lets them live in him to build ther city or somthing like that

Cyclonis
2004-01-14, 03:32 AM
What idiots build a whole decepticon based on circumstancial evidence? (metroplex not being able to transform or whatever)Anyways was it that much work to improve Trypticon just a little in case the Autobots gave metroplex the transforming cog???:rant:

Darth Shrapnel
2004-01-14, 06:35 AM
His death in Zone wasn't very spectacular either. In fact, he's the one who charged the Zodiak with Energon Z and gave the Autobots the power to win the battle. Idiot.

I thought his death in Zone was one of the best deaths in G1.

DrSpengler
2004-01-14, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shrapnel
I thought his death in Zone was one of the best deaths in G1.

All they did was blow him and King Poseidon away with the Zodiak. I didn't think it was too special. Plus, if he had been a little smarter and known that his Energon Z Beam attack would charge up the Zodiak he would've lived.

Snake
2004-01-14, 07:15 PM
You can't take your pick over Metroplex; he's not the entire autobot city. They sometimes refer to autobot city as Metroplex, but that's mostly likely just to hype the toy, as there was no jumbo-sized autobot city available. Metroplex is merely a robot that transforms into a portion of autobot city. He's white in color, and the rest of autobot city is orange. It's quite clear he's a component in the episode "Thief In The Night."

DrSpengler
2004-01-14, 07:19 PM
So when Metroplex transforms how does he get out of the rest of Autobot City without crushing it? Does he tip-toe really carefully or just try to jump his furthest?

Ultimate Weapon
2004-01-14, 07:42 PM
So when Metroplex transforms how does he get out of the rest of Autobot City without crushing it? Does he tip-toe really carefully or just try to jump his furthest?

I'm guessing something like this:

http://www.seibertron.com/images/comic/03/186.jpg

Lambda prime
2004-01-14, 09:54 PM
That was dumb, why did they build a city over Metroplex every time he's called into action he demolishes half the city? Something to with Galvatrons weapon in Target 2006?
I own a figure and though stuff like the hands, slammer, scamper and Sixgun are missing... it makes a decent Mini-con base.
Seriously though, Metroplex was probarly built to serve as a mobile base and serves as a component for Autobot city. The cog idea in Five Faces was just to explain why he didnt transform in the movie and Autobot city looks nothing like him.

Snake
2004-01-15, 08:55 AM

In "Thief In The Night", he was positioned at the edge of autobot city. All he had to do was transform and walk away.

The crushing-of-autobot-city scenario is probably why the writers had him stationed out in the middle of nowhere for "Ghost In The Machine", so when Scourge and Starscream make off with his eyes, he could stumble around blindly without smashing or shooting-up ther rest of the city.