PDA

View Full Version : Your First Tf Experience

gazometer_96
2004-01-26, 11:17 AM
when did you first see or hear about the transformers

i remember having the ladybird books "lightning strike" and "lazerbeaks fury". i also remember watching the cartoon on tv:am every morning before i went to school

that was 20 years ago:eek: "youre getting old john" http://www.schwarzenegger.cz/filmy/komando/images/19.jpg

bluekatt
2004-01-26, 12:48 PM
its a bit garbeld
( my memory is bad and i dont remember much from the 80's)

i remember around 85\86 seeing the orginal cartoon on sky net ( no idea what episode ) and watching that on a regular basis along with other 80 cartoons ( gi joe voltron robotech he man etc
i also remember reading the dutch issue 5 of the comic ( the us numbers 9 and 10 lets not get in to the dutch comic its butcherd beyond al recogintion )
the first transformer toy i had was first aid around 17 18 years ago

i feel old now

Ozz
2004-01-26, 01:00 PM
Toy commercial I saw on TV.

Other than that, Marvel US #1, 'The Transformers'.

Jetstorm316
2004-01-26, 03:46 PM
I remember seeing the commercials and thinking that they looked really cool. I even remember my first transformer it was Windcharger. Then later I got Gears.
I did watch the Cartoon but I was living in England at the time and it was only on Saturdays on these morning shows for kids and they would break a 22 min episode into 4 parts and make you watch one episode over an entire month. I think this was to to the price of buying the cartoon from America. Anyway I remember this vividly cause it used to piss me off to no end as a kid. I just remember getting so mad that my mom finally bought me More then Meets the Eye on Video. I also had the Ladybird books on Tape which I loved.

My best Transformers Experience was when my grandmother came to visit us for a week from America. She called me over and reached into her bag and pulled out a Optimus Prime. I played with him probably all day.

Osku
2004-01-26, 04:13 PM
Propably reading TFTM comic version (in Finnish) when visiting my cousins. No wonder it took years before I took another look at TFs again...

Dead Man Wade
2004-01-26, 04:23 PM
First experience with TFs was the cartoon.

And if I'm not mistaken, my first TF was G1 Snarl (which I later lost :wall: ).

Hellion
2004-01-26, 05:22 PM
My first TF experience was a Diaclone Constructicon Giftset

powerpoldi
2004-01-26, 09:28 PM
It was in the late 80ies, watchin the cartoons weekends on Sky Channel (FunFactory). (Later on the it was named Sky Europe). Beginning 90ies , Sky was kicked out of our cable TV, but some episodes were shown on Super Channel (BOOS).

Never read any comics.

Worst thing I've ever seen was the german translation of the cartoons in the late 90ies. It was a pain in the ass!!!

Xille
2004-01-26, 10:04 PM
My first experiences with the transformers included Scavenger (yes, only one constructicon for me :( ), watching the movie on a tape that my aunt recorded for me (at least twice a day) and a book I had (I don't remember what it was called, but it involved the autobots racing, with mirage, hound, and cliffjumper being the main characters, maybe I'll look for it the next time I go home). I later got Perceptor at a garage sale and was exstatic.

I didn't see many of the episodes on TV.

fourth_heir
2004-01-26, 10:37 PM
I saw the first adverts for the TFs back in '84 and still remember thinking "Bah! Someone's copying the Robo-Machines!" (the original name for GoBots - they'd launched only a couple of months before in the UK). My first toy was Brawn and I've still got him now. The comic appeared several months before I saw the cartoon (which I thought was pretty ****, even back when I was 8!) so I've always considered the Marvel UK G1 run to be 'the' TF continuity.

Civ
2004-01-27, 12:53 AM
My first TF experience that I can remember was the cartoon.

My first TFs were Megatron, Ironhide, Ratchet, Jetfire, and Prowl. I just wish I didn't suffer from little brother syndrome cuz he broke all of them. :(

joempn
2004-01-27, 12:56 AM
My first experience is either my diaclone fairlady z (bluestreak) around 1982 or 83 if that counts, or seeing the 1st issue of the comic when it was released in 83-84 (i think)

I bought these because i was already into transforming robots since i could remember (daimos, voltes v) & was into the machino robo series (gobots to you guys) & I thought the comic was about them.

Zizicez
2004-01-27, 03:19 AM
i used to play with my brothers old very ****ed up transformers and some i got from his friends

i remember having limp noodle onslaught, armless Jetfire 3 predicons dead ratchet and ironhide

and then g2 happened and i wasnt aware so i missed out very badly

but i was 4-5 during G2

Beastwars was a my era

but G1 still rules, well the comics do

nmathew
2004-01-27, 06:36 AM
Well, first I was Orion Pax, then...

I believe it was the cartoon. That's the earliest thing I recall, though it's possible I was introduced though an older cousin's toys.

RED EVIL
2004-01-27, 04:35 PM
Watching TF the movie and MTMTE pars 1 -3 in the same day with my big bro, that and getting most of his TF toys

Jetfire426
2004-01-28, 07:29 PM
Christmas of 84.. i was walking down the lines of TRU... and saw Optimus Prime and Megatron and the Jets, and some of the cars, and was like 'wow DAD, check these out" and i remember the best part of looking at them was the boxes... they looked appling and colorful the Red and Black, Purple and Black... it was cool.. and then after seeing the toy, i started watching the show..

Springer145
2004-01-28, 10:51 PM
Being born in '85 I can't say I had many of the original series...By the time I was old enough to really play with "Action toys" they almost had out the pretenders. I can remember looking everywhere for the 85-87 transformers. Even at 5 and 6 years old I kept an eye out at fleamarkets for dirt cheap (unknowingly priced) old transformers and found some nice ones ones every now and then (such as hook and scrapper). My first TF was Swerve and from then I was hooked. My greatest memory however was getting Power Master Prime for a Christmas present. It may not have been the original Prime, but to me it was still Prime, and that was by far good enough for me. I can remember how hard it was to find the ones I wanted, and I can remember a place in Middle TN that always seemed to be stocked with the very best GI Joes and TFs. Every time we would go to Middle TN I would beg to go to that store and load up. After the Action Masters came out I got fairly discouraged and basically moved on to mostly Joes, with the occasional G2 TF (mostly the G1 remakes so I could at least have a normal Jazz or Inferno).

Warcry
2004-01-29, 01:09 AM
My first memory of TFs is unwrapping Lightspeed the day before my 4th birthday. I knew about TF before that, and I didn't start reading the comics until a lot later, so I imagine I was watching the cartoon before then. That would prob'ly have been my first exposure, but I know my cousins had some TFs (Galvatron, Shrapnel, Hound and some Constructicons, at least) before I did.

Originally posted by Springer145
My greatest memory however was getting Power Master Prime for a Christmas present.
I can say something similar, as could a lot of people I know. I was a happy kid that Chistmas, I assure you.

PRIMALTRON
2004-01-29, 08:26 AM
I first conrtact with Transformers was the cartoon during Wackaday,
It was great but only problem was they only showed something like 10 minutes each day

Cyberstrike nTo
2004-01-29, 11:46 PM
I got G1 Hound for Christmas