PDA

View Full Version : New "Prelude To Energon" Preview

Bombshell
2004-01-28, 09:02 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=100714

StoneCold Skywarp
2004-01-28, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I was waiting for them to upload their site.

If anyone in the UK's interested, CVG have this as their 'feature' article

Sir Auros
2004-01-28, 10:08 PM
Er, didn't they mean "Unicron" instead of Omnicron, or is there something I'm missing?

KillTheKids
2004-01-28, 10:22 PM
They'd better not change his to Omnicron in energon...

Bombshell
2004-01-28, 10:31 PM
Umm...maybe it was a typo?

cda031076dude
2004-01-29, 03:41 AM
you know they will release it on other consoles or pc eventually...

Sir Auros
2004-01-29, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by cda031076dude
you know they will release it on other consoles or pc eventually...

I'm hoping so...and actually assuming it given the quality of the screenshots...

cda031076dude
2004-01-29, 04:51 AM
yes,everybody knows that pictures that good are wither for the,better,consoles or,pc....argee

deej
2004-01-29, 06:06 AM
actually, I'm guessing those screenies were taken with a camera or screen-capped from a pre-recorded video, rather than a proper screen-capture device like those sites normally use...

And I doubt that it will ever see the light of day on the pc.... The Gamecube maybe, the X-Box less likely... But then again, they did port that fighting game based on the horrid DBZ to the Gamecube, so who knows?

cda031076dude
2004-01-29, 06:32 AM
dude...they said when halo first was released that it was xbox exclusive only...then it was released years later with bonus material on the pc...

gta...gta was supposed to be ps2 only,then years later,if that...it was released on the pc,and then the xbox

several other games were supposed to be certain console only...then they get released on another system or the pc....because the pc supposedly is best played,graphic wise and memory wise on the pc

if the game does good sales,then you know they will use it for pc or some other system

deej
2004-01-29, 06:56 AM
Halo's one of those cases where Microsoft made it an XB exclusive in order to sell consoles - I don't recall ever hearing that they'd never release it on pc (seeing as bungie had the pc code all but finished at the time Microsoft bought them out...)... I'll admit I was suprised when GTA3/Vice City were released on pc, but it seemed to work out alright for them, probably largely because the GTA games are aimed at an older audience & have a lot more of a Mature theme to them... Transformers on the other hand, isn't likely to appeal to as wide an audience (don't kid yourself that they'd do it soley for the fans), because of the simple fact that it's a game aimed at the younger market. However, if that wasn't the case, then why don't you see top-selling console games like Ratchet & Clank, Zelda: Wind Waker (or either of the N64 ones), Conkers Bad Fur day (It's xbox bound tho!), any of the Sonic Adventure games, those horrid DBZ fighting games or even Kingdom Hearts being released for pc ?

Like I said in that other thread you managed to get locked & yourself banned for, what works & sells on a console doesn't always translate into something that will work & sell well on the PC -rRegardless of how powerful the PC is.

cda031076dude
2004-01-29, 07:11 AM
Transformers on the other hand, isn't likely to appeal to as wide an audience (don't kid yourself that they'd do it soley for the fans), because of the simple fact that it's a game aimed at the younger market.

ok,then nintendo,nintendo is a kid friendly system,

basicly,if the game does good,then it might get released on another system

deej
2004-01-29, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by cda031076dude
ok,then nintendo,nintendo is a kid friendly system,

I hope you're not suggesting that the Gamecube/N64 are kiddy consoles?

cda031076dude
2004-01-29, 11:22 AM
nope,i own a gc ,i think it's great and people who think like what you are asking ,don't know **** about a good gaming machine!!

glad you like the gc,some people still think the ps2 is king....king sales wise but that machine is way slower compared to the newer machines

StoneCold Skywarp
2004-01-29, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by deej
(seeing as bungie had the pc code all but finished at the time Microsoft bought them out...)...

uhm, Halo was originally developed for the Mac, it was only WHEN Microsoft bought Bungie that they coded the X-Box/PC version(s)

Sir Auros
2004-01-29, 06:45 PM
Thing about this game is that I haven't read anything explicitly saying it's a PS2 exclusive, so Atari could theoretically release it on any of the systems should they have the interest.

deej
2004-01-29, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
uhm, Halo was originally developed for the Mac, it was only WHEN Microsoft bought Bungie that they coded the X-Box/PC version(s)

I knew it was headed to the mac first off, but I was always under the impression that they had a PC version nearly finished as well when MS bought them ??

and Atari's doing the Energon game? That kinda bodes well then for seeing it on another console (I still doubt it'll ever see the light of day on pc)

cda031076dude
2004-01-30, 12:45 AM
we could settle this by getting the phone number for atari,and then ask atari what sytems it will be available for...emailing them could work too,if you thin they will answer an email...

deej
2004-01-30, 01:18 AM
*shrug*

head over to atari.com...which is owned by..or I should said *is* infogrames... I'm sure there'll be an email address on there you can use to contact them with...

cda031076dude
2004-01-30, 01:41 AM
yeah,they have pleanty of numbers ,but at the moment,i doubt there's anybody at work

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-01, 01:39 AM
Question.

If this game is supposed to bridge the gap between Armada and Energon, why is noone in their Powerlinx form?

Thundercracker1
2004-02-09, 08:36 AM
Because that would make sense, so we can't have that. lol