PDA

View Full Version : Your theories please

Skyswipe
2004-01-29, 09:31 AM
In Dark Awakening, Rodimus could not beat Optimus because the matrix made him too powerful, yet in ROOP, Rodimus had the matrix back and still couldn't beat Optimus. The only answer I can come up with is Optimus has far more battle experience than Rodimus.

Cyberman
2004-01-29, 09:56 AM
Though I wouldnīt doubt that, I think itīs more on the side of Rodimus. In Dark Awakening(if itīs the one I think), Rodimus was held back by his own fears and restraints.
In RoOP the same could be.

Letīs face it - cartoon Rodimus wasnīt really a good leader, he just wouldnīt use his full potential.
Comic Rodimus did, however. Especially the UK stuff.

Halfshell
2004-01-29, 12:24 PM
Rodimus is a schmuck. End of theory.

Garrason
2004-01-30, 01:51 AM
In Dark Awakening, Rodimus didn't want to be responsable for killing Prime a seckond time. I think that is the real reason he held back. that and bad wrighting.:glance:

RID Scourge
2004-01-30, 03:31 AM
On TROOP, I have three theories:

1. The people, affected by the hate plague did not seem to really have any strategy in their fighting. They just kinda brawled. This was because of the rage, brought on by the plague. Rodimus wasn't thinking, just trying to fight, while OP still had his wits about him.

2. More likely-They had just brought him back, and may have been in the planning stages of PMOP, so they didn't want him to get beat up.

3. Most likely-Rodimus was the bad guy in this ep, and the bad guy never wins. :p

nmathew
2004-01-30, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Brendocon
Rodimus is a schmuck. End of theory.

That, and I'm, well, a badass ;)

None of this will make sence when I change my name back, sigh.

Prime is a smarter warrior, esp. with the hate plague.

Snake
2004-02-02, 03:03 AM
And don't forget how Megatron managed to gun-down Optimus with a tiny pistol, but Galvatron, being much more powerful, couldn't even damage Rodimus' paint job with his laser cannon. I guess he used up all his juice burning Starscream to death.

RED EVIL
2004-02-06, 06:46 AM
1. I think that the metal alloy added to Optimus' body strength in his battle against Rodimus and that Rodimus' mind and body were weakened by the Hate Plague.

2. If you all notice that in TF:TM The pistol megatron used resembled megatron's own transformation mode without the silencer barel,scope,and arm rest; and had the same sound as his fusion cannon. my theory is that the power to use the fusion cannon was in his power chip rectifire which transfered the power to the pistol since his fusion cannon was knocked off.

Strafe
2004-02-06, 06:54 AM
It was a cartoon error. One of many.

Shazam.

Jetfire426
2004-02-06, 11:08 AM
not only was it a cartoon error.. but Rodimus just sucked in general..

RED EVIL
2004-02-06, 08:20 PM
no he didnt, a lot of people think he does b/c of his youth and lack of experiance. how do u all think the young optimus prime acted..... like kup said in burden hardest to bear.... Rodimus was going through the same things that Optimus went through.
Also i think rodimus bloody kicked ass. he was the coolest looking autobot leader to me

RID Scourge
2004-02-06, 09:02 PM
As much as he whined, he always rose to the occasion when it was necessary, and got the job done.

Ultimate Weapon
2004-02-06, 09:03 PM
The gun Megatron used in TF:TM was Shrapnel's. You can see him drop it when prime tries to ram him.

RED EVIL
2004-02-06, 10:19 PM
-PaladinPrime As much as he whined, he always rose to the occasion when it was necessary, and got the job done. -

True

-Ultimate Weapon The gun Megatron used in TF:TM was Shrapnel's. You can see him drop it when prime tries to ram him.
-

U are correct Ultimate Weapon, it was shrapnels hence my theory of megatron's power chip rectire transfering his fusion cannon ability to Shrapnel's gun.

nmathew
2004-02-08, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by RED EVIL
my theory is that the power to use the fusion cannon was in his power chip rectifire which transfered the power to the pistol since his fusion cannon was knocked off.

Interesting and nice theory. I'll go with it:)

RED EVIL
2004-02-09, 04:50 AM
thanks, i have a very creative mind that mixes fact with fiction that actually makes sense