PDA

View Full Version : Silver Snail gets a G1 Vol 3 exclusive cover

Brave Maximus
2004-02-06, 12:20 AM
Canada's own Silver Snail (located just down the block from Much Music Headquarters and one of my favorite places in T.O.) has gotten their own G1 Vol 3 exclusive cover. This is on top of the Transformerscon exclusive that's coming to Toronto in March.

Check out the Silver Snail Ordering Page (https://www.silversnail.com/shop/index.html) . This is going to be limited to 1000 copies

Bombshell
2004-02-06, 02:36 AM
Yay. Another cover. :\ :(

Hawkeye
2004-02-06, 03:09 AM
oh well......i've been there on my Toronto trip with the jazz band one time its a cool place...what else can i say...uhhh yay canada....

God Jinrai
2004-02-06, 03:52 AM
Downtown Toronto = NIGHTMARE. went up north for a band trip...

Paramount's themepark bit... I couldn't ride the one ride I WANTED to ride, because I WAS TOO DAMN TALL!

all th crazy stuff I saw in vendor booths on the streets in a bus ride to that insane undergound mall was just... freaky...

speaking of said underground mall.... there was ONE comic/gaming shop in the entire place.. ONE! IDIOTS! UGH!

Brave Maximus
2004-02-06, 04:12 AM
I'm not to thrilled with the additional cover - as it's not the best looking one.

Though I do like the idea that the Silver Snail is getting one. Wonder why they rank high enough to get their own cover - other than they are Toronto's pre-eminant Comic store.

As for the "giant underground mall" that's "The Path" and it's not so much a mall, as it is a tunnel system for most of the people in Toronto. It helps them not see the outdoors it's great. Btw - the Eatons centre only has one toy store true. But if you had of headed west from there - you would have hit the treasure trove off good stuff :D

Jetfire426
2004-02-08, 06:02 AM
now how many covers are there for #1?

Bombshell
2004-02-08, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Jetfire426
now how many covers are there for #1?

Six.

1. Regular Cover. (Jazz being held by Bruticus)
2. Heavy Metal War Cover (Battle Scene Bookended by Starscream and Prime)
3. Dynamic Forces Exclusive Cover. (Bruticus reaching for Ratchet, Brawn and Wheeljack)
4. TransformersCon Exclusive Cover. (Dinobots flying through the air ala TF:TM)
5. Sunstorm Incentive Cover. (Only available to those who ordered a certain amount of the regular cover version)
6. This one.

BigMaki
2004-02-08, 01:13 PM
Is the Heavy Metal War cover rarer than the regular cover or did they ship in equal quantities? My shop usually gives me whatever covers they have in, so I'm assuming that it's an equal number. Although they did get more of the Prime cover WW#5 than the regular one, and that one was supposed to be a lot rarer...

Bombshell
2004-02-08, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by BigMaki
Is the Heavy Metal War cover rarer than the regular cover or did they ship in equal quantities?

Well, when I went to get it, they seemed to have equal amounts of both.