PDA

View Full Version : New Energon Bio Cards: Jetfire And Ironhide (UPDATE) Scorponok and Optimus Prime Bios

Bombshell
2004-02-06, 05:22 AM
To follow up on my earlier announcement that the Deluxe Energon toys would get bio cards, now the Energon Megas are being released with them. Below are the bios for Ironhide and Jetfire. No word as yet if any other characters will have bio cards.

126: IRONHIDE
Quote: "If trouble doesn't find me, I''ll find it!"
Ironhide is a young and reckless recruit. He is a good fighter but lacks the discipline and experience of his Autobot elders. Able to Powerlinx with Jetfire, Ironhide can crunch Decepticon metal with the best of them. His powerful laser cannon is a feared weapon by his enemies. With a little guidance, he is sure to become seasoned warrior.

127: JETFIRE
Quote: "Eat my vapor trail!"
Jetfire is a skilled and professional Autobot soldier who has fought alongside Optimus Prime in many battles. He likes to come across as carefree among his Autobot comrades but is down-right serious when fighting Decepticons. He can transform into a powerful space shuttle and is able to powerlinx with Ironhide. A great teacher in the ways of battle, Jetfire has vowed to shape Ironhide into a seasoned warrior like himself.

Xanticus
2004-02-06, 12:05 PM
I can't wait 2 pick those 2 up

Sideswipe
2004-02-06, 12:19 PM
WTF!!!!

I thought this is meant to be homage to G1, but Ironhide is young???

Wasnt he meant to be one of the oldest in the old series???

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-06, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Sideswipe
WTF!!!!

I thought this is meant to be homage to G1, but Ironhide is young???

Wasnt he meant to be one of the oldest in the old series???

Yeah, well. Armada and Energon have both taken characters and raped them rather unceremoniously (not that the original cartoon didn't do a good job of that, too).

Bombshell
2004-02-06, 11:52 PM
Figured I'd post this here instead of making a new thread.

123: Optimus Prime
Quote: "Those who threaten peace will fall in pieces."

Optimus Prime is the powerful and courageous leader of the Autobots. Along with his incredible strength, he possesses great wisdom and believes that freedom is the right of all sentient beings. He has vowed to fight against the evil Decepticons in their quest to plunder Earth of its vast Energon resources. Always in favor of peace, Optimus Prime will not hesitate to use his great powers and vast arsenal of weapons to stop Megatron and the Decepticons from threatening the universe.

-----

128: Scorponok
Quote: "If I do not crush you with my claws, I will finish you with my sting!"

Scorponok is a power-hungry warrior who believes that he is the rightful leader of the Decepticons. He can back up this claim with a three-mode arsenal and a nasty attitude. In scorpion mode, beware of his huge mechanical claws and Energon stinger. In vehicle mode, Scorponok is a powerful jet and construction vehicle with a talent for destruction. Megatron beware! This dangerous Decepticon is coming for you.

RID Scourge
2004-02-09, 03:40 AM
Got any pics of 123 OP?

fourth_heir
2004-02-09, 09:02 PM
"If I do not crush you with my claws, I will finish you with my sting!"

Is it just me or has the quality of personal mottoes gone completely down the pan over the last few years?

Bombshell
2004-02-09, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by fourth_heir
Is it just me or has the quality of personal mottoes gone completely down the pan over the last few years?

I don't think it's you. Most of the quotes since RID haven't been that great.

Windrazor
2004-02-10, 07:22 AM
Hi.. I'm new here, and I have a boner to pick with you. Well.. not really.. but.. first off.. i was kind of curious how to change my picture thing.. I think you call it a avatar.. or identitar or something.. cuz I have a picture of Botcon Windrazor that I'd like to make as mine.. anyways.. I wanted to reply to the Energon Bio Card things.

The Energon Bio Cards that you are receiving in your Energon toys, are actually a continuation of Transformers Armada Collectors Cards made by Fleer. The packs can be purchased at places like Walmart, where they sell them for $1.99 for a pack of 5 cards (kind of expensive if you ask me). Anyways, on the back it gives the websites of www.fleer.com and transformers.com but I haven't seen the cards on either website yet. Also it lists what cards are available: REGULAR SET: 84 Character Cards * 36 Puzzle Cards, 1:1 Pack * 1 Checklist Card, 1:6 packs * 1 Transformers Energon Preview Card, 1:4 packs * PARALLEL SET: 122 Gold Parallel Cards, 1:1 Pack. INSERT SETS: 10 Transformers Armada Posters, 1:9 packs * 9 Autobots/Decepticons, 1:6 packs * 12 Transformers Armada Comic Art, 1:9 packs * 8 Transformers Flappers, 1:18 packs * 50 Transformers Armada Sketchagraph, (Each is a 1:1) * Pat lee Transformers Armada Autograph, numbered to 700 * Overal odds of finding an insert card are 1:2 packs.

The Energon Preview Card has a picture of Energon Scorponok on the front of the card. On the back, is reads:

Transformers Energon
SCORPONOK
Be the first to complete your Transformers Armada card set!
Fleer and Hasbro have teamed up to offer 8 exclusive Combo-Spec Bio cards for Transfomers Energon characters available only in the corresponding Transformers Energon toys! These cards are numbered 123 through 130 and complete the 130-card Transformers Armada trading card set!
Look for the following Transformers Energon cards in these toy packages:
123 Optimus Prime
124 Hot Shot
125 Inferno
126 Ironhide
127 Jetfire
128 Scorponok
129 Megatron
130 Starscream

I also took some pictures.. I only hope they show up, either that, or well.. the links will show up.. so.. here they are.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/windrazors_un4seen_intentions/detail?.dir=/173b&.dnm=a879.jpg
This is the picture of the Energon Preview Card

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/windrazors_un4seen_intentions/detail?.dir=/173b&.dnm=b933.jpg
This is all the cards I have collected so far, and no, I don't have the whole set yet.. grrr..

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/windrazors_un4seen_intentions/detail?.dir=/173b&.dnm=e974.jpg
These are 2 comic art cards (from the comic books)

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/windrazors_un4seen_intentions/detail?.dir=/173b&.dnm=af9d.jpg
These are 2 Armada Poster cards

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/windrazors_un4seen_intentions/detail?.dir=/173b&.dnm=3d7f.jpg
These are listed at AD cards. They have a cool cut out to them, and have a metallic background

Sorry that the pictures are kind of blurry, but I used my webcam.. unfortunately I don't have a scanner.. Well.. hopefully this helps some of you guys out!

Denyer
2004-02-10, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Windrazor
Hi.. I'm new here, and I have a boner to pick with you. Well.. not really.. but.. first off.. i was kind of curious how to change my picture thing.. http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5425

Windrazor
2004-02-10, 08:57 AM
Thanks.. but that wasn't quite what I was looking for. I know that I can make my signature with a picture.. but I was looking to make the icon thingy different.. like where I have the Sideways icon.. or you (Denyer) have the.. umm.. bunny ghost thing with a knife. Can I change it to something else.. such as a picture I have?

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-10, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Windrazor
or you (Denyer) have the.. umm.. bunny ghost thing with a knife.

That's Bun-bun, the mini-lop rabbit.

Read this (http://www.sluggy.com) , it'll help you fit in a bit better. Trust me, I've been reading it since high school (and look how I've turned out :D )

As to the avatar, if you look up at the top, there's a link that says 'Control Panel'. Click on it, then click the 'Edit Options' link. Down at the bottom will be a 'Choose Avatar' button. If you click on that, you can pick from several pages of avatars, or use your own.

Windrazor
2004-02-10, 06:29 PM
Hey.. thanks there Fort Maxx.. thats just what I was looking for.. well not .. a bunny lop or whatever that is.. and I looked at the comic thing about some Vraadafapdofgajh whatever it was and master twins.. and I dont' know what you wanted me to look at it for.. but.. umm.. ok.. but thanks for the avatar info.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-10, 06:41 PM
No problem.

As for Sluggy Freelance, start from the first strip. It's well worth it.

Windrazor
2004-02-12, 09:04 AM
So.. strip first.. read later.. gotcha.. hey.. I just noticed something.. that Galvatron up in the right hand corner.. that looks like the same picture that was in The Transformers Comic Issue 0, like 3/4 through the comic. Cool.. I kinda wished the guy I get my comics through ordered enough so I could have gotten the Galvatron cover as well as the Megatron cover. Oh well.. he gets a lot of good stuff for me.. It's great.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-12, 09:11 AM
That's Cyclonus.

Windrazor
2004-02-14, 11:13 AM
Okay.. something must be seriously wrong here.... I have purchased both Scorponok and Optimus Prime for Energon. I know that I quoted from Fleer trading cards that there was supposed to be a card included that was supposed to mention the quotes, personas, and card numbers 123 thru 130 to finish the set. yet I just opened both Optimus Prime AND Scorponok, and found the bios on the back, and the picture on the front, but no numbers nor quotes.. Is anybody else noticing this? Or just me? I don't see a personal quote anywhere in the instructions, Product Catalog or collectors card thing. Can someone point me to where this is supposed to be?