PDA

View Full Version : [comic] Greatest Decepticon Leader?

Cliffjumper
2004-02-12, 02:18 AM
The candidates:

Megatron
Pros: - Founder of the movement; physically powerful
Cons: - Lacking in the smarts; failed to clamp down on treacherous thoughts
Moment of glory: - inspiring the former citizens of Vos and Tarn to form an army, and laying waste to Cybertron.

Shockwave
Pros: - Powerful, sensible, methodical
Cons:- Not very adaptable
Moment of glory: - nearly wiping out the Earth-based Autobots.

Soundwave
Pros: - Realistic, cunning
Cons: - too concerned with own position, not especially powerful
Moment of glory: - The Dinobot hunt.

Ratbat
Pros: - Intelligent, good at managing resources
Cons: - Weak, given to overcomplicated plans, as bad as Megatron with traitors
Moment of glory: - routing two armies of Autobots on the Moon

Scorponok
Pros: - Powerful
Cons: - Lack of confidence, schizophrenia

Thunderwing
Pros: - Powerful, ambitious
Cons: - Self-centered, given to idiotic plans.

Bludgeon
Pros: - Skilled, cruel, intelligent, good strategist
Cons: - Not very powerful; had unfair advantage in main opposite number being Grimlock.

Denyer
2004-02-12, 02:50 AM
Soundwave, for his unique understanding of his fellow Decepticons. Also probably the best hope of the TFs ever working together for an extended duration.

Bombshell
2004-02-12, 03:23 AM
I'm kinda partial to Shockwave, since he's the one leader I most identify as being able to do something with the Decepticons and actually make it work.

I also like Scorponok, since of all those mentioned, he's the 'con leader who is the most human.

RID Scourge
2004-02-12, 04:13 AM
I say Shockwave. He's my favorite character in the comics.

RED EVIL
2004-02-12, 04:34 AM
Out of that list i would say Megatron b/c he was the founder of the movement. He was stronger than shockwave according to The Comics. He was brilliant to fake his own death in order to rebuild,go back to cybertron, and try to destroy the Autobots and Decepticons. Then join with Galvatron to try to conquer the universe then in G2 tried again to conquer earth and killed bludgeon in the process and took back teh leadership of the Decepticons.

But from out of the list i pick the Alternate reality Galvatron from the US comics. He was brilliant and very strong. He killed Cyclonus b/c Cyclonus was bested by a Autobot. Threatened to kill the Pretender Monsters for Talking back to him. Got the Autobot and Decepticons to engage the battle against Unicron and tried to conquer the universe with Megatron, tried to destroy megatron b4 that. He was brave, smart, cool looking, strong, and didn't care about his troops like all the other Leaders did b/c he didn't ever need any of them, thats why he threatened to kill them all. So if you add Galvy in there i say he was the Greatest Decepticon Leader.

Cliffjumper
2004-02-12, 05:13 AM
Alt Galvatron was also nearly totally outdone by a team consisting of Jazz, Inferno, Getaway, Chainclaw, Guzzle, Crossblades, Spike and Cleopatra Jones...

Bombshell
2004-02-12, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Alt Galvatron was also nearly totally outdone by a team consisting of Jazz, Inferno, Getaway, Chainclaw, Guzzle, Crossblades, Spike and Cleopatra Jones...

To be fair, it was only because of interference from Curly, Larry and Moe...I mean Hook, Line and Sinker.

Warcry
2004-02-12, 05:20 AM
Bludgeon. On account of the fact that he wiped out 95% of the Autobot race (sure, a god undid his work, but still...) and built the Warworld.

RED EVIL
2004-02-12, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Bombshell
To be fair, it was only because of interference from Curly, Larry and Moe...I mean Hook, Line and Sinker.

very true they only won b/c of hook, line, and sinker. those autobots and humans were about to be destroyed by Galvatron and the only advantage that the Autobots and Humans had were destroying Galvatron's army which made no difference in his mind because he didn't care about his army.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-12, 08:11 AM
Shockwave. Pure and simple.

Put Megatron in his place, wiped out all but one of the Earth-based Autobots and used them to decorate his base in that oh-so-popular 'meat locker' motif, used Optimus' head as a paperweight (while keeping him online the entire time), and 'borrowed' the Autobot creation matrix to bolster his army.

Ozz
2004-02-12, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by RED EVIL
He was brilliant to fake his own death...

'I was in bad shape that day, so I miscalculated the distance I need to be from Space Bridge when it was exploding...' Hardly brilliant. And hardly planned.

Soundwave, because he was fooling both Megatron and Shockwave and won the leadership from them eventually, he didn't hestitate to ally himself with Autobots when it was neccesary.

And he looked most sane of all the bunch.

Hound
2004-02-12, 06:30 PM
Shockwavemon, I choose you!

Hawkeye
2004-02-12, 06:53 PM
Shockwave, logically.

Denyer
2004-02-12, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Hound
Shockwave mon Here's tae us; wha's like us? Gey few, and they're a' deid.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Warcry
2004-02-13, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by fort_max
...wiped out all but one of the Earth-based Autobots...
No, he didn't. He took out Prime, Huffer, Ironhide, Bluestreak and Mirage. All of whom were nearly out of fuel. Those five were the ones who got fueled from the Tubes of Transference, so they were the only kills Shockers made. Everyone else (bar Ratchet) was already deactivated.

You know who wiped out most of the Earth-based 'Bots? Prime did, when he ordered them to use the Tubes. Shockers just swept up the pieces.

cronos
2004-02-14, 12:29 AM
That's easy, of course Soundwave!

I always knew it, that hel'be somehow or someday the Leader of the Decetpicon and IT HAPPENED for real in UK comic series.

He had all the necessarely atributs like:

1-good strategist

2-great warrior

3-no fear feeling

4-no mercy

5-a normal mind

6-and a really cool voice!

8-(where's the 7, anyway?) supreme oratoric predisposition!