PDA

View Full Version : New Energon pictures (including Omega Supreme)

Halfshell
2004-02-14, 12:37 PM
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/energon/pl/ID.1006/PAGE.news/dn/default.cfm

Denyer
2004-02-14, 12:46 PM
Looks a bit Tonka-ish in primary colours.

Bulkhead isn't bad, with a distinct anime vibe in robot mode.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-14, 12:48 PM
Yeah, Omega Supreme's kind of ugly. Not really feeling the color scheme. Other than that, he's cool though.

Bulkhead is......okay.

As for Strongarm, isn't it awfully early to be pumping out repaints?

Ravage
2004-02-14, 02:44 PM
I agree hardcore with why are they doing more repaints.

Bulkhead actually looks kinda cool, I dig the AH-64 transformation.

And Omega actually looks sharp in terms of everything but color choice. I love the battleship mode and robot mode and the train mode looks nifty. If only they had picked actual colors.

cap'n
2004-02-14, 02:52 PM
Omega Supreme looks...well... lets just say I am wanting that one so bad I am foaming at the mouth, I mean, it looks like they are carrying on the tradition of the original sorta, he turns into a few vehicles, and a REALLY big robot! at least I hope he's big.
And his Robot mode looks Uber cool!!!!
Springer ain't to shabby either, I can see those two joining my autobot ranks!

StoneCold Skywarp
2004-02-14, 03:10 PM
Omega remind anyone else of Tidalwave?

Halfshell
2004-02-14, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
Omega remind anyone else of Tidalwave?

Aye.

It's the hands.

Cap'n
2004-02-14, 03:52 PM
The BIG Omega Supreme question in my mind is.
"Is he made up of a bunch of smaller components like G1 Omega Supreme was?"
course if you remember G1 Supreme, it was more like transforming an entire playset into a robot, whole lotta peices.

Transfannabeel
2004-02-14, 03:58 PM
Bulkhead looks pretty good. Offshot reminds me of signal flare. Omega also reminds me of tidal wave. I don't like his color.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-14, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Brendocon
Aye.

It's the hands.

The chest is also kind of similar.

Originally posted by Cap'n
The BIG Omega Supreme question in my mind is."Is he made up of a bunch of smaller components like G1 Omega Supreme was?"

Yes.

KillTheKids
2004-02-14, 04:11 PM
Wow, Tidal Wave has become an Autobot! I still like him though.

Bombshell
2004-02-14, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Transfannabeel
Offshot reminds me of signal flare.

That's because he is Signal Flare. The big radar dish thing kinda gives it away.

Bulkhead looks cool. I don't know why we need a repained Strongarm in the line. I might give Omega a chance.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-14, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Bombshell
I don't know why we need a repained Strongarm in the line.

Cause Hasbro just loves whoring out its molds at every opportunity?

Hawkeye
2004-02-14, 05:29 PM
Yeah omega Supreme has a very distinct "tidal wave" vibe to him.

Warcry
2004-02-15, 04:37 AM
Bulkhead reminds me of Rotor Force...I wonder if his propeller shoots off as a weapon?

RID Scourge
2004-02-15, 05:09 AM
I was thinking of that, too.

Strafe
2004-02-15, 05:28 AM
I'm really digging Bulkhead. The rest are iffy.

Transfannabeel
2004-02-15, 05:14 PM
Offshot isn't a very good repaint. I like Bulkhead too, I think I'll wait until omega supreme goes on sale when energon is ending.

Wildfire Herald
2004-02-15, 06:15 PM
That's because he is Signal Flare. The big radar dish thing kinda gives it away.

Bulkhead looks cool. I don't know why we need a repained Strongarm in the line. I might give Omega a chance.

Well, seeing as how on the show it seems that are the Omnicons are just like "clones" as they share the same range of body types, it's actually kind of nice to see repaints. It gives them personality, like a few of them painted themselves differently to stand out from the crowd.

Bombshell
2004-02-15, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Wildfire Herald
Well, seeing as how on the show it seems that are the Omnicons are just like "clones" as they share the same range of body types, it's actually kind of nice to see repaints. It gives them personality, like a few of them painted themselves differently to stand out from the crowd.

True, but I fail to see why they need to resort to doing repaints this early in the line. I mean, I can buy Offshoot since he's a different character, but Strongarm is still the same guy with a different color scheme.

Transfannabeel
2004-02-15, 11:17 PM
Maybe he's the leader of the strongarms, and the rest are his troops.

RID Scourge
2004-02-16, 05:57 AM
True, but I fail to see why they need to resort to doing repaints this early in the line.

They know that the only repaints I'm going to get are of really good molds and ones that i skipped because I either anticipated a better color scheme or I simply didn't like the colors.

In all seriousness, Energon is only supposed to be 29 eps or something like that, so they don't plan on doing too many molds for it.