PDA

View Full Version : [RID,UT] Inferno replace Red Alert

Transfannabeel
2004-02-15, 11:23 PM
It seems to me Inferno replaced Red Alert. All Inferno does is stay at the base and sends the other autobots information.

archie321
2004-08-23, 02:22 AM
?
what happend 2 blurr

Lambda prime
2004-08-23, 04:12 PM
and now he's dead... Kidding of course.
Anyway Inferno may well be Smokescreen/Hoist.... Face fits. What do you guys think? If not he will resurface with the other Armada bot's in Cybertron.

archie321
2004-08-23, 07:45 PM
he cant be smokescreen because somescreen is one of the alternators.

archie321
2004-08-23, 07:51 PM
:D
i just found out that
Rodimus is inferno's brother

Lambda prime
2004-08-23, 09:01 PM
well duh Smokescreen gets reformatted and renamed Hoist who may well get reformatted again and renamed Inferno (although in Micron Smokescreen was Grapple and Hoist was Super mode Grapple). Somehow I don't think the alternators Smokescreen is the same as Armada Smokescreen. Also your right, Rodimus and Inferno are brothers pity the cartoon has never elaborated on this, also Rodimus has a very high rank for a foreman to Omnicons.

archie321
2004-08-27, 12:27 AM
Somehow I don't think the alternators Smokescreen is the same as Armada Smokescreen.

true, oh so true!:D

Rookwise
2004-09-07, 01:47 AM
Apparently Inferno is reformatted into Inferno Volt (Superlink)/Grapple (Energon)

Darth Shrapnel
2004-09-07, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Rookwise
/Grapple (Energon)

Roadblock.

deej
2004-09-07, 04:14 AM
I really wish I could understand japanese, instead of having to wait for WPP to release the subbed SL eps.... Be interested to see what Inferno Volt looks like (the toy).. I wasn't all that impressed with Inferno as a toy to begin with (still bought him anyway..)

that said - Am I the only one who thinks the Superlink names are still infinately better than Energon? I still think Grand Convoy sounds muuuuch better than Optimus Prime.. Same with the whole Nightscream/Starscream thing - sets the character apart from the traditional Starscream cliche'd persona & stops any stupid "he's not like G1 SS!" debates....

Lambda prime
2004-09-07, 08:12 AM
Grand Convoy
Hot shot
Inferno
Skyline
Roadbuster
Rodimus Convoy
Red alert

Galvatron
Mega zarak
Snowstorm
Irontread
Shockfleet
Nightscream
Laserwave

As a whole maybe less appealing, but individual names are better. Pity they didnt rename Mirage Tidal wave, frigate or storm front or something.

Rookwise
2004-09-07, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shrapnel
Roadblock.

Thanks for correcting me on that. Last I heard it was going to be called Grapple which was a while ago.

Deej, some pictures of the rebuilt inferno can be found on Remy's site:-
http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act253/

I heard that Inferno changes sides in Energon and is later found out and Megatron destroys him. The autobots then rebuild him. Is this true ?

deej
2004-09-07, 03:33 PM
not quite..

*spoilers*

in one of the eps after the 'bots chase Galvatron/Megatron into the Swirly vortex of funk, they manage to capture Laserwave again & chain him up (again) & leave Inferno to guard him.. long story short, Inferno ends up getting kidnapped by the 'cons & Galvatron/Megs attempts to reprogram his spark to make it a 'con spark.. he suceeds, but Inferno fights it & struggles between his Autobot & Decepticon programming.. Longer story short, Convoy/Prime asks Inferno to let the 'con signal show thru, so it'll attract megs/galvy & co to come collect him & therefore ambushing him..

doesn't quite go to plan & Inferno ends up drifting in space into the sun/alpha Q (don't ask) & disintigrates.. or something to that effect.. his spark gets collected by Jetfire who returns it to Cybertron & thus Inferno Volt is born & in fact turns up in the first ep we see Omega Supreme in action (who may I add kicks much ass!)...

I've probably bollocksed that up, owing that there aren't subbed versions of the eps this takes place in yet & my japanese sucks.. but that's more or less the gist of events :)

Lambda prime
2004-09-07, 05:41 PM
bot captured and tortured by cons, bot escapes, bot now has dark side, bot wrestles with consciece then gets toasted in the sun. Old story.
Its all a bit too familiar as its this point in the series where it happened to Smokescreen in Armada.

Rookwise
2004-09-07, 08:56 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Deej.

Does remind me of the smokescreen senario. Also the Rhinox senario in BW. Any more patterns occuring ?

Lambda prime
2004-09-07, 09:25 PM
Dinobot died in episode 35 of Beast Wars, Smokescreen was destroyed in episode 33 of Armada, Inferno episode 32 of Energon. And all three are resurrected in one form or other. Difference is Dinobot had a bit of substance in his character, we knew nothing about Smokescreen he was just a tough orange crane, and the same can be said for Inferno.

SoundCrush
2004-09-07, 09:32 PM
But back to the whole Did-Inferno-replace-Redalert-issue, I personally think that Inferno just took over part of Redalert's job and that this new character, Tow-line, will fulfill the presence of Redalert by becoming the medic and take Redalert's look and, hopefully, stotic attitude.

deej
2004-09-08, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Lambda prime
we knew nothing about Smokescreen he was just a tough orange crane, and the same can be said for Inferno.

We probably know even less about Inferno - he's just always been there.. we know he's somewhat of a sharp-shooter, we know he's somewhat old-school as far as experience goes.. but other than that, he just seems to get used as pants or top for Hotshot, who'd long abandoned him for the greener pastures of Team Rodimus by the time the whole Kidnapping/torture thing happened...

gee hotshot's such a whore :D

archie321
2004-10-26, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by deej
not quite..

*spoilers*

in one of the eps after the 'bots chase Galvatron/Megatron into the Swirly vortex of funk, they manage to capture Laserwave again & chain him up (again) & leave Inferno to guard him.. long story short, Inferno ends up getting kidnapped by the 'cons & Galvatron/Megs attempts to reprogram his spark to make it a 'con spark.. he suceeds, but Inferno fights it & struggles between his Autobot & Decepticon programming.. Longer story short, Convoy/Prime asks Inferno to let the 'con signal show thru, so it'll attract megs/galvy & co to come collect him & therefore ambushing him..

doesn't quite go to plan & Inferno ends up drifting in space into the sun/alpha Q (don't ask) & disintigrates.. or something to that effect.. his spark gets collected by Jetfire who returns it to Cybertron & thus Inferno Volt is born & in fact turns up in the first ep we see Omega Supreme in action (who may I add kicks much ass!)...

I've probably bollocksed that up, owing that there aren't subbed versions of the eps this takes place in yet & my japanese sucks.. but that's more or less the gist of events :)

*little spoilers*

actulaly megatron makes him a decepticon then he eventuly dies.(inferno)
and it's ROADBLOCK!
:mad: god that gets me mad!

deej
2004-10-26, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by archie321
*little spoilers*

actulaly megatron makes him a decepticon then he eventuly dies.(inferno)
and it's ROADBLOCK!
:mad: god that gets me mad!

No, it's Inferno Volt. I don't watch Energon.

Slugslinger_Energon
2004-11-01, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by deej
not quite..

*spoilers*

this is in english now, i saw it on the tele last week :D

his name is roadblock and he's like white and black

btw any idea why rodimus has been repainted and renamed something else as well? :/

Darth Shrapnel
2004-11-01, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Slugslinger_Energon
this is in english now, i saw it on the tele last week :D

his name is roadblock and he's like white and black

I think you need to get a color TV, because he`s yellow.

Originally posted by Slugslinger_Energon

btw any idea why rodimus has been repainted and renamed something else as well? :/

Simply put; to sell more toys.

dedicon
2004-11-01, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Lambda prime
bot captured and tortured by cons, bot escapes, bot now has dark side, bot wrestles with consciece then gets toasted in the sun. Old story.
Its all a bit too familiar as its this point in the series where it happened to Smokescreen in Armada.

change cons to quintesons and u get exactly what happened to prime in g1

Lambda prime
2004-11-01, 12:52 PM
Notice who did get redecoes? ShockBlast (sorta), Landmine, Cliffjumper, Ironhide, Jetfire and Megatron. also to a lesser extent hotshot, Inferno, Starscream. Do you think it was the writers intent? were they ultimately relevant to the ongoing story? Well, in a way more so then Armada, the Autobot ones had no point at all.