PDA

View Full Version : Is the kid in TF the movie annoying?

Raven22788
2004-02-20, 03:24 AM
Am I the only Guy who found Daniel increadibly annoying in the movie? He always seemed needy to me (slowed everybody down on the planet of junk) and was never somone who I wanted to see more of. Feel the same way?

Civ
2004-02-20, 03:28 AM
Nope, you're not the only one that didn't care for Daniel. Plenty of people wished Arcee would have let Daniel drop in the movie but unfortunately, the writers didn't want that to happen. Oh btw, welcome to the boards.

Arcee
2004-02-20, 04:09 AM
Welcome to the Archive!

http://www.angelfire.com/stars4/devi/images/dropdaniel.jpg

(The above was my sig a little while ago. :D)

Civ
2004-02-20, 04:34 AM
So, Arcee, why didn't you drop the little puke? :p

Infecticon
2004-02-20, 06:27 AM
It's not just you, Raven...I found Danny boy (and almost all the humans in the Transformer series) to be annoying and generally more then a little useless.

Civ
2004-02-20, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Infecticon
It's not just you, Raven...I found Danny boy (and almost all the humans in the Transformer series) to be annoying and generally more then a little useless.

I found Chip to be particularly useful, at least more so than Carly or Daniel.

Starscream_1986
2004-02-20, 08:57 AM
Chip was just as annoying - He seemed to know too much...
Daniel, yes, he should have died...Damnit, i just want to kill him now, and thats just thinking about it....mind you, he should have died in the Rebirth Part 1, When Snapdragon (was it?) almost bites him in two.

Sparkplug / Spike where annoying as well.....in fact, yes, ALL the human characters where annoying in some way, even the Decepticon allies: e.g. Dr Archiville (or whatever) who, during the course of the episodes he was, had his name pronuced in two differant ways....Make your mind up!!!

anywho...

Welcome to the Archive Raven!

Damnnastykids, wehatesthem, wehatesthemasll!!

Nevermore
2004-02-20, 09:02 AM
Pre-movie Carly was cool. Post-movie Carly suffered from the same sort of "turning an, even if only remotely, interesting character into something totally useless" personality change that turned the Dinobots into cuddly Dinobuddies. :wall:

Starscream_1986
2004-02-20, 09:14 AM
Yeah, i just watched the the five faces of Darkness earlier this morning (again) and is it just me or....is Grimlock a complete Idiot in it? for a start....the Decepticons are damaged and low on energon, thus meaning their weak...
grimlock (pre-movie) wastes nearly ALL the Con's in one episode, so WHY ON EARTH does he get beaten up by Several Damaged Cons using their guns to hit him? WHY?!

And Carly sucked big time full stop - the typical Damsal in distress. Not as pointless as Daniel mind you....but, you can see where he gets it from ;)

Ozz
2004-02-20, 09:43 AM
Dinobots suffered from being constantly locked up in a cupboard. It could affect anybody.

I didn't find Danny-O annoying in the Movie. He just didn't bother me there. Much anyway. In Season 3, there's another thing, he had way too much screen time.

And then came Rebirth....

Triggerhappy-1986
2004-02-20, 10:18 AM
Danny deserved to die, lets face it....we all know he did....and in all truth and honesty, we wish he had!

Damn you Snapdragon! you didnt finish the job! :wall:

Nevermore
2004-02-20, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Starscream_1986
Yeah, i just watched the the five faces of Darkness earlier this morning (again) and is it just me or....is Grimlock a complete Idiot in it? for a start....the Decepticons are damaged and low on energon, thus meaning their weak...
grimlock (pre-movie) wastes nearly ALL the Con's in one episode, so WHY ON EARTH does he get beaten up by Several Damaged Cons using their guns to hit him? WHY?!

Pre-movie Dinobots = stupid but dangerous savages.
Post-movie Dinobots = stupid comic relief.

And Carly sucked big time full stop - the typical Damsal in distress. Not as pointless as Daniel mind you....but, you can see where he gets it from ;)

Not really... It always occurred to me she'd pretty much be able to handle herself. She may cause a mess, but sure she's able to get herself out of it, or at least play an important part in the solution. Remember, for example when she dived down to the Decepticons' base on her own in order to get the immobilizer back?

Triggerhappy-1986
2004-02-20, 11:03 AM
Ah yes, but remember what happened to her shortly after she dived down?

Captured / had to be saved :p

She just struck me as, the TF's needed a female character, she was it - and a typical one at that. She's almost identical to April O'Niell in the Turtles. They could have easily had another TF in here place.

Cyberman
2004-02-20, 02:35 PM
Danielīs not as anoying as the kids in Armada are, IMO.

Rainbow Starscream
2004-02-22, 04:32 PM
After watching the kids in Armada... i don't think Daniel is annoying. :p

Arcee
2004-02-22, 04:38 PM
Daniel's less annoying (relatively speaking) because there was only one of him. In Armada, they could have done with only Rad. But no, they thought, "We gotta add a Latino kid for political correctness! And we need a girl, too! Girls are cute!" So we got Carlos and Alexis. And then they added Fat Kid and Other Useless Kid just because they could. :wall:

Transfannabeel
2004-02-22, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Arcee
Daniel's less annoying (relatively speaking) because there was only one of him. In Armada, they could have done with only Rad. But no, they thought, "We gotta add a Latino kid for political correctness! And we need a girl, too! Girls are cute!" So we got Carlos and Alexis. And then they added Fat Kid and Other Useless Kid just because they could. :wall:

The fat kid is to represent American kids. I thought Daniel should have died in Rebirth too. Also does it make sense that Spike can hold a transformer's gun, it should have fallen on him and killed him.

RID Scourge
2004-02-22, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Arcee
In Armada, they could have done with only Rad.

I dunno. I'd rather have Alexis. Rad's a twit.

Cyberman
2004-02-23, 08:20 AM
Both are okay, at least comparing with el stupido(fatso) and his "friend" or Carlos.
Carlos is the innocent victim IMO - he wouldnīt be THAT annoying, were it not for bad writing.

[edit]Transfannabeel: If the fat one is there to represent american kids, I wonder that thereīs no sue yet - Iīve rarely seen a more stupid/dumb character.

Triggerhappy-1986
2004-02-23, 11:06 AM
There ALL annoying.....

Look at it this way, the shows called "Transformers: Armada" not "Transformers & Kids: Armada"

Theres no need for the kids full stop