PDA

View Full Version : [RID,UT] Episode 4

Strafe
2004-02-22, 01:26 AM
Demolishor is getting some kick ass characterization. I love it.

The Omni-Cons rock, and the return of the Mini-Cons is very nice. Too bad they can't speak still. I guess teh Omni-Con upgrade is a simple voice chip...

A+ Episode. Well done.

Man Demolishor rocks...

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-22, 01:28 AM
Yeah, I've got to agree on Demolisher. And his reaching out to Kicker for help at the end was a nice touch.

Finally saw Powerlinx Ironhide. He looks............about like the toy.:\

Also, enjoyed the Star Sabre acting as a hover board.

FUNNYNAME
2004-02-22, 01:32 AM
I'm just glad that Ironhide got to use the Energon Saber instead of Kicker. I hate that kid so much.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-22, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by FUNNYNAME
I'm just glad that Ironhide got to use the Energon Saber instead of Kicker. I hate that kid so much.

Actually, I'd rather Kicker wield the Saber...and then use it to cleave Ironhide in twain.:D

FUNNYNAME
2004-02-22, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by fort_max
Actually, I'd rather Kicker wield the Saber...and then use it to cleave Ironhide in twain.:D

I'd rather see Tidal Wave, or some other big guy, step on the both of em, or maybe just get eaten by Unicron.

Transfannabeel
2004-02-22, 04:05 AM
I thought it was the best episode in the series so far. I like Demolisher a lot. Cyclonus hasn't changed. I thought the mincons could talk now, but guess not. Iron hide still sucks, doesn't deserve the Sabre. A little bit confuesed about Megatron's sword. Also why did Prime call the mincon Sonar I thought they changed his name. I hope some more characters start appearing.

Zizicez
2004-02-22, 04:49 AM
yeah....er

how did the starsabre get inside megatron?

and why did it change so much

Windrazor
2004-02-22, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Transfannabeel
I thought it was the best episode in the series so far. I like Demolisher a lot. Cyclonus hasn't changed. I thought the mincons could talk now, but guess not. Iron hide still sucks, doesn't deserve the Sabre. A little bit confuesed about Megatron's sword. Also why did Prime call the mincon Sonar I thought they changed his name. I hope some more characters start appearing.

Well.. as far as I was aware, the minicons will still have the same names.. Sonar, Jetstorm and Runway to form the Star Sabre. In the same way that Grindor, High Wire and Sureshock joined together to form Perceptor.. I must say that I like Perceptors components a lot better.. especially the 4 wheeler Sureshock
http://www.bwtf.com/energon/toys/perceptor/sureshockvm.jpg.
Demolisher does seem different.. looking for advice.. about.. whether he should stay with the Autobots or go with the Decepticons... makes ya wonder if he may stay on the Autobot side, sort of like how Dinobot or Black Arachnia switched over.
The thing about Megatrons' sword, well.. I dont' know how it would be IN him.. plus I thought it was basically the dark saber... of course I didn't see all the Armada episodes especially the last ones, so I dont' know exactly what was going on there.. damn work place.. grrrr..

Transfannabeel
2004-02-22, 04:16 PM
Well in Armada I thought there was only the star saber, and the toys of the star saber have different names. I have a feeling that Demolisher will struggle to decide which side he's on. But the dump truck version is a decepticon. Also I wish Wheeljack was in Energon. I hope they add sometime.

Nevermore
2004-02-23, 08:43 AM
Didn't they even call the sword that was found inside Megatron the "Star Saber"? :confused:
And then the Mini-Cons who form the real Star Saber show up. Oh right...

Anyway, liked the episode. And I even start to like Kicker and Ironhide. They start to grow on each other, and they're more useful than Bumblebee & Spike and especially Daniel & Wheelie...

Dragon Warrior Steve
2004-02-24, 12:06 AM
Damn, looks like I missed a damn good episode.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-24, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Nevermore
Didn't they even call the sword that was found inside Megatron the "Star Saber"? :confused:
And then the Mini-Cons who form the real Star Saber show up. Oh right...

Yeah, I wasn't real clear on that either. Hopefully, it doesn't wind up being another 'Leader-1' thing.

Nevermore
2004-02-24, 12:26 AM
You mean like this (http://www.sabrina-online.com/strips/SabOnline252.GIF)?

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-24, 12:28 AM
Yeah, exactly like that.

I love 'Sabrina Online'.:D

Windrazor
2004-02-24, 03:43 AM
You mean like this (http://www.sabrina-online.com/strips/SabOnline252.GIF)?

Oh my.. thats hillarious.. I dunno how you found that one, but nice find.

StoneCold Skywarp
2004-02-24, 06:50 PM

No, they only called it Megatron's Sword, and without access to episodes of Micron Legend we won't know if he wielded one beyond the star saber...

Nevermore
2004-02-24, 07:21 PM
"This is no ordinary blade - this is the Star Saber!" - Alpha Q after he pulled the sword out of Megatron's body.

StoneCold Skywarp
2004-02-24, 07:39 PM
"This is no ordinary blade - this is the Star Saber!" - Alpha Q after he pulled the sword out of Megatron's body.

Oh sod it, I watched it at 11.30pm, exactly before I fell asleep :\

Bombshell
2004-02-24, 07:42 PM
Well, the Star Saber is the sword that Megatron is known for using, so it make sense to call it that, because I doubt that Alpha-Q knows better.

And on the subject of referring to the Energon Saber team as the Air Defense Team, just because the toys say they are new characters doesn't mean that the cartoon has to portray them that way.

In a related incident, I wonder how many people know that Energon/Super Link Hot Shot is not meant to be the same character as Armada/Micron Legend Hot Shot in the Japanese dub.

Same deal here. They just changed the character to someone that the audience would have an easier time identifying with.

Ranma
2004-02-25, 01:36 PM
Maybe this "starsaber" is a fake! really waht if A-Q pulled megatrons armknife (was in his left arms after all) out, upgrading it, and calling it the starsaber when he gave it to scorpononk just for the reason of scorpononk using it to the advantage of getting the rest of the decepticons on their side? and the energonsaber is the real deal.

Windrazor
2004-02-25, 04:40 PM
Maybe its all a big magic show.. or an illusion.. meant to trick all Transformers. Maybe.. its nothing but a newly created sword mirroring the Dark Sabre. Maybe its a new sword altogether. Maybe its not a sword.. maybe its Megatrons' spark on a stick. Maybe the Gold Star Sabre team is an upgraded powerlinxed star sabre where the sabre could be either good or evil depending on who has their hands on it, but at some point, they were able to divide the evil and good parts of the sword, and the star sabre stayed with the autobots, and the dark sabre lingered in megatrons body. maybe.. just maybe.. oh theres so many maybes.

Dragon Warrior Steve
2004-02-25, 11:50 PM
Is there any site that has Episode 4 pics?

Transfannabeel
2004-02-26, 01:39 AM
Well the toys's new name is the energon saber, so the writers might have been looking at that. Or it was must likely a stupid mistake.

Windrazor
2004-02-26, 01:57 AM
It was probably all just a big mistake. Just out of curiousity.. whatever happened to the Skyboom shield? I haven't seen the last episodes of Armada.. but did it get destroyed or something?

Zizicez
2004-02-26, 04:44 AM
I hope not

the Road Assult Team is the best repaint ever and if it doesnt get a representation on the show...

I WILL RIOT!!!

Bombshell
2004-02-26, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Dragon Warrior Steve
Is there any site that has Episode 4 pics?

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&album=Superlink+Screen+Capture/04+Proof+of+Megatron

Strafe
2004-02-26, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Zizicez
I hope not

the Road Assult Team is the best repaint ever and if it doesnt get a representation on the show...

I WILL RIOT!!!

Someone get some ritalin...

Skywarp18
2004-02-26, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Windrazor
It was probably all just a big mistake. Just out of curiousity.. whatever happened to the Skyboom shield? I haven't seen the last episodes of Armada.. but did it get destroyed or something?

well thrust and sideways used the Shield Requium blaster and the Star Sabre to resurect Unicron

last i saw Mirage Downshift and Dirt Boss they were hauling @$$ outta unicrons chest to Optimus and Galvatron could have their final battle

Windrazor
2004-02-26, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Skywarp18
well thrust and sideways used the Shield Requium blaster and the Star Sabre to resurect Unicron

last i saw Mirage Downshift and Dirt Boss they were hauling @$$ outta unicrons chest to Optimus and Galvatron could have their final battle

Umm.. the Requiem Blaster (Space Team) and Skyboom Shield (Road Assault Team) were two different sets of minicons. Or are you saying that somehow they were used together/connected along with the Star Sabre, making that 3 sets of minicons?

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-26, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Windrazor
Umm.. the Requiem Blaster (Space Team) and Skyboom Shield (Road Assault Team) were two different sets of minicons. Or are you saying that somehow they were used together/connected along with the Star Sabre, making that 3 sets of minicons?

If he's saying what I think he's saying, it should read:

Well, Thrust and Sideways used the Shield, Requiem Blaster, and the Star Sabre to resurect Unicron

Alpha Trion
2004-03-01, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Bombshell
In a related incident, I wonder how many people know that Energon/Super Link Hot Shot is not meant to be the same character as Armada/Micron Legend Hot Shot in the Japanese dub.
I've been watching Superlink, and it seems to me he is the same character as Micron/Armada Hot Shot. Do you have any source to back that up?