PDA

View Full Version : Unicron Vs The Death Star

Sades
2004-02-23, 02:36 AM
I'm serious. C'mon, we have a slew of newbs in here...

Who do you think would win?

Am I banned now? :(

edit: Shoot... I shoulda made this a poll!!

Hound
2004-02-23, 02:37 AM
I hate you :glance:

Sades
2004-02-23, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Hound
I hate you :glance:

That doesn't answer my question....

Arcee
2004-02-23, 02:45 AM
The Chaos Bringer, hands down.

You aren't really serious, are you? :eyebrow: :p

Sir Auros
2004-02-23, 02:46 AM
Y'know, that question has been warned against ever since I remember entering the TF messageboard scene in early 2000 and I've never once seen it asked...

Cliffjumper
2004-02-23, 02:48 AM
The Death Star was taken down by Mark Hamill. Twice. The Death Star sucks.

Denyer
2004-02-23, 02:49 AM
The answer, of course, is the promoters.

Hound
2004-02-23, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by pseudonymous
That doesn't answer my question....
That is a very astute observation...

Sades
2004-02-23, 02:54 AM
Er... actually, I think I may have asked it once before, now that I think about it.

Cliffy's got a point there...

Amarant Odinson
2004-02-23, 03:32 AM
My girlfriend doesn't watch Transformers at all and even she said that Unicron would win. And considering that Orson Wells was 3 times the size of Mark Hamill??? Yeah, I'm going with Unicron too.

Blitzwing 2
2004-02-23, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Sir Auros
Y'know, that question has been warned against ever since I remember entering the TF messageboard scene in early 2000 and I've never once seen it asked...

Same here. I even remember reading from a online guide to Transformers not to ask Unicron vs the Death Star/M Bison/etc since most of them dengenerated into gigantic arguements.

Cliffjumper
2004-02-23, 04:21 AM
The problem stems from the fact they both occupy different universes, and there's no hard data which can form a comparison... it's a more heated version of superheroes v Transformers as more people have an opinion. It always boils down to TF diehards claiming Unicron would win, and SW fans [is there a collective name for these bastards? Lucasites?] claiming it's the Death Star...

All that said, I'd easily side with Unicron. He's more versatile [he can transform], shown to be more powerful [he could really tear the DS in half before it charged up], less fragile and has the advantage of being a single sentient being, rather than a big ship staffed by second-rate British actors dependant on the actions of its crew, who were by-and-large rubbish.

My best mate used to live next door to Dave Prowse.

Warcry
2004-02-23, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
The Death Star was taken down by Mark Hamill. Twice.
Not true. The second time it was taken down by Billy Dee Williams, Dennis Lawson, and some sort of mouse-like puppet wearing cowboy clothes.
Which is, when you think about it, much, much worse.

RID Scourge
2004-02-23, 06:46 AM
:laugh:@Warcry's post.

Anyway, I'd kick both of their asses.

Ozz
2004-02-23, 09:19 AM
Unicron's also much bigger, isn't he?

So Unicron, unless Strafe comes with his Star Wars encyclopedia and proves otherwise. ;)

King Fargo
2004-02-23, 10:18 AM
Simple fan logic.

The Death Star was destroyed by a Mark Hamill character.

A Mark Hamill character was beaten by characters played by Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith.

Unicron can step on Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith.

Winner = Unicron.

Cyberman
2004-02-23, 11:12 AM
The question is - would a single shot destroy Unicron? If not, hed win. Hes faster, though at first hed be the one who had to approach, thus giving them the time to fire.

Civ
2004-02-23, 02:50 PM
**dumps trash can load of rotting raw meat over pseudonymous**

I hate the term "newb," ever since I started playing Diablo 2.

As for Unicron vs. The Death Star, Unicron would win hands down. The Death Star was the size of a moon whereas Unicron was bigger than most planets. The Death Star could only shoot a large green beam and send out TIE fighters. Unicron could take sh*tloads of punishment, battle a whole planet full of Transformers, and the only two things that actually hurt him were Hot Rod crashing a space ship through his eye (a space ship about the size of an Imperial Star Destroyer mind you) and the Matrix.

Unless that Death Star beam could take out Unicron in one shot, Unicron will go munchie munchie on the Death Star.

Skywarp18
2004-02-23, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Amarant Odinson
My girlfriend doesn't watch Transformers at all and even she said that Unicron would win. And considering that Orson Wells was 3 times the size of Mark Hamill??? Yeah, I'm going with Unicron too.

Not To nitpick but Its Welles Not Wells

i only know because Welles is my last name too

Cliffjumper
2004-02-23, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Skywarp18

i only know because Welles is my last name too

Not to nitpick, but it's "Not to nitpick but it's Welles, not Wells. I only know because Welles is my last name too."

Typos happen. Deal with it.

Sixswitch
2004-02-24, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Skywarp18

Ah, but you are nitpicking. Saying you're not doing something doesn't make it true.

-Ss

Triggerhappy-1986
2004-02-24, 09:03 AM
Unicron would win hands down. For a start, he'd attack it from the reverse, thus rendering the Super-laser useless.

Also:
A laser fired from a TF in any G1 Episode/Comic, levels or almost completly levels a 5-storey building. Only Turbolasers can in the SW universe can do this. Suffice to say, if you build both levels up, the SW Super-Laser wouldnt even damage Unicron - It couldn't hurt him.

Winner: Unicron.

Simple - End of Thread :p

Cyberman
2004-02-24, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Triggerhappy-1986
Unicron would win hands down. For a start, he'd attack it from the reverse, thus rendering the Super-laser useless....

Im quite sure they could rotate the Death Star. Unicron is too big not to bee seen a long time before he appears.
(Unless youre a species of living robots on a planet called Lithone - then youll only see him when hes tearing your planet apart - although you DO have space ships...)

Tempest
2004-02-24, 01:23 PM
I'm no SW fan boy, but the only reason the Death star was distroyed was because the Rebillion had the plans and knew exactly to hit it. If they didn't have those plasn then it would of mattered, I mean the outisde of the Death star looked like the armor could with stand quite a bit of punishment. also it had lots of mena inside that could of been sent into unicron.

Hard call.

Skylinx
2004-02-25, 03:19 AM
unicron would win without a doubt, but i wonder how he would fare against the Beast Planet from Shadow Raiders, since both of 'em are huge enough to eat planets, (being the Beast planet bigger than unicron probably since "he" could swallow them whole).

Warcry
2004-02-25, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Tempest
...also it had lots of mena inside that could of been sent into unicron.
What the hell are stormtroopers going to do to Unicron? I mean, unless one of them happens to have the Matrix. And even if they did, it's not as if they'd even be able to lift the thing, let alone open it...

eternalshades
2004-02-25, 06:04 AM
give each one a thermal detonator and it could get...interesting.

Now the big question is.

Is the dark side of the force similar in power to the matrix.

Cause if vader and the emperor are onboard, they might have just got a small chance.

Warcry
2004-02-25, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by eternalshades
Is the dark side of the force similar in power to the matrix.

Cause if vader and the emperor are onboard, they might have just got a small chance.
No. That's been tried before, more or less (Thunderwing/Dark Matrix). Remember, in the realm of evil, Unicron has no equal. To beat him you'd have to use Light powers Now, maybe if the whole Jedi Council put their minds to it they could take him down.

Civ
2004-02-25, 01:23 PM
There's no way stormtroopers could hurt Unicron severely enough to destroy him. Those "pincers on cables" would shred them before they even got a chance to activate any thermal detonators. Even if the thermal detonators go off, what are they the explosive eqivalent of? A land mine? If Unicron could take a whole planet exploding in his mouth (Moonbase 2) without getting a scratch, what chance does a thermal detonator have?

onearmedrich
2004-03-04, 05:35 PM
"The Death Star was the code name of an unspeakably powerful and horrific weapon developed by the Empire. The immense space station carried a weapon capable of destroying entire planets"

"The Death Star was a battle station the size of a small moon. It had a formidable array of turbolasers and tractor beam projectors, giving it the firepower of greater than half the Imperial starfleet. Within its cavernous interior were legions of Imperial troops and fightercraft, as well as all manner of detention blocks and interrogation cells. The Death Star was spherical, and dark gray in color. Located on the Death Star's northern hemisphere was a concave disk housing the station's main laser weapon."

The second Death Star was much larger, and had more firepower, if they had managed to get a shot in, unicron would have been toast! However unicron must be able to bi-pass radar etc if he could "sneak" up on the moonbases and that other plant etc!

Ultimate Weapon
2004-03-04, 06:07 PM
I have suggested many times that Unicron does indeed scramble space radars when in close proximity. However we are taking about space here people. Unicron cant just simply walk over and smash. Think about how close he was to Cybertron. Yet it took him till the end of the movie before he was close enough to transform and move in for the kill. Remember the death star has scouts so I'm guessing that Unicron would either be spotted or have to deal with these scouts ie launching Sweep ships.. Remember people this is not some death match in a ring this is outer space and the laws of physics must be obeyed.

onearmedrich
2004-03-04, 11:04 PM
Also Unicron didn't deal very well with small, fast and agile attackers, so with the TIE fighters et al the Death Star might have a distinct advantage over Unicron since Unicron had only himself! However this would be cancelled out if the TIE fighters weren't powerful enough to do any damage to Unicron, maybe his only weakness was his ass? As exploited by the dinobots?

Garrason
2004-03-04, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Cyberman
Im quite sure they could rotate the Death Star. Unicron is too big not to bee seen a long time before he appears.
(Unless youre a species of living robots on a planet called Lithone - then youll only see him when hes tearing your planet apart - although you DO have space ships...)

now lets at least be fair and remember that Unicorn did come at them from between there two stars so they would have had to be looking at there own sun in order to see him ..... how often do you look at the sun to see if any thing is coming?

Now Clifjumper and Jazz going holy crap where did that come from?? OK who was supposed to be looking for the shuttle to come back?

Uh the other thing ....I am not touching:p

Strafe
2004-03-04, 11:49 PM
Oh for ****'s sake the Death Star is 140 km in diameter, while Unicron is a Saturn sized planet.

This shouldn't even be a contest.

And no, the DS Superlaser won't do anything meaningful. Unicron (comic) shrugged off the combined firepower of billions of Transformers, a race designed to destroy Unicron, like it was nothing.

Ultimate Weapon
2004-03-04, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Strafe
Oh for ****'s sake the Death Star is 140 km in diameter, while Unicron is a Saturn sized planet.

The death star is quite capable of taking out Saturn.

Edit> And I had no idea Unicron was as big as Saturn. Where is this info from? I thought Cybertron was the size of Saturn. And when Unicron was in Robot mode he was only the size of the radius. Naturally he would be bigger in bot mode so his planet mode would be smaller.

Cliffjumper
2004-03-05, 12:37 AM
Unicron's about the size of Cybertron, which in the comics was the size of Saturn.

And Unicron dealt quite well with "small, agile fighters" in TF:TM, the writers of season 2 just ignored it. He also had few problems with smaller attacks [most of whom could eat and spit out Tie Fighters] in US #75.

RID Scourge
2004-03-05, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
The death star is quite capable of taking out Saturn.

Saturn's mostly gas. Unicron's a giant, metal behemoth. The Death Star doesn't stand a chance.

King Fargo
2004-03-05, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by onearmedrich
...maybe his only weakness was his ass?

What are you saying? Bite his colossal metal ass? :p

onearmedrich
2004-03-05, 11:02 AM
Be slighty objective in your analysis, if the Death Star could destroy planets, made up of miles of dense materials, then surely it would be able to defeat Unicron, who was not as dense as a planet. If the laser was to hit Unicrons acid bath, then Unicron would be destroyed from the inside out!

Cliffjumper
2004-03-05, 11:57 AM
Yeah, if a laser could go round corners.

angloconvoy
2004-03-05, 12:17 PM
I know I've seen this question asked a few times before. I've always reckoned comic Unicron would have it hands down, but Cartoon Unicron (the one which was naught but the toy of an ugly midget-monkey) would be a fair match, at least. Plus, cybertron didn't seem all that big in the ultimate doom.

Cliffjumper
2004-03-05, 03:08 PM
Yeh, the cartoon one's a bit more even betting... in US #74, Unicron clearly has some stealth power, more so even than in TF:TM. Also with Unicron, the only thing that's proven to have any significant effect on him is the Matrix... I'd put forward that the Transformers assembled in #75 would be a match for the Death Star, and they only distract him [and mainly because he's up for a fight, and rather wants to be distracted].

Sixswitch
2004-03-05, 03:16 PM
Well, if the only thing that can destroy Unicron is the Matrix, then that makes it kinda obvious, doesn't it?

-Ss

Fireflight
2004-03-05, 04:19 PM
Not really, as the Death Star doesn't exist in the same universe the "only thing that can destroy me is the matrix" statement isn't really applicable.

Personally I think Unicron would win, he seems quite agile in robot mode and though I know little about Star Wars the Death Star doesn't seem like a weapon system capable of tracking a rapidly moving target, it wouldn't be all that difficult for Unicron to get out of its fire arc then rip it apart from the rear.

Cliffjumper
2004-03-05, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Fireflight
Not really, as the Death Star doesn't exist in the same universe the "only thing that can destroy me is the matrix" statement isn't really applicable.

If you follow that thinking through to its' conclusion...

Besides, it's not a massive leap of logic. Hugely powerful energy weapons have negligible effect on Unicron. The Death Star has one hugely powerful energy weapon and some cannon fodder.

Computron
2004-03-05, 04:44 PM
out of interest what would you say the difference in firepower would be from a cybertron powered Galvatron and teh Death Stars main weapon as Galvatron was unable to kill him even after plugging himself into Cybertron.

Also didn't comic Cybertron have numerous giant lasers (thinks Quake and a few others who were stepped on/ melted???)

RID Scourge
2004-03-05, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by onearmedrich
Be slighty objective in your analysis, if the Death Star could destroy planets, made up of miles of dense materials, then surely it would be able to defeat Unicron, who was not as dense as a planet.

How do you figure? He was made of metal. It's hard to think of something denser than that. He may have been more or less hollow, but the DS probably couldn't penetrate his armor, which would have been thick.

If the laser was to hit Unicrons acid bath, then Unicron would be destroyed from the inside out!

Not really. Chances are that he would have a containment system on the rare chance that his acid vat ruptured.

Hound
2004-03-05, 10:48 PM
Theoretically Unicron wouldn't have to even go near the Death Star to bring about it's destruction. He had the ability to see things anywhere and the ability to create minions to do his bidding. Cyclonus could surely take out the Death Star as easily as Luke Skywalker...

Also Unicron could hide behind a planet waiting for the Drath Star to get close enough for him to strike. There are many different possible scenarios that would give Unicron the advantage.

The only way to make it truly fair is to place both within striking distance of the other and prepared to fight. That would be a tough call...

Ultimate Weapon
2004-03-06, 03:25 AM
http://ashcampbell.esmartweb.com/unicrondisaster.gif

Arcee
2004-03-06, 04:20 AM
What's a red x got to do with it? :p

One aspect we haven't even touched upon yet is whether the Force would have any effect on Unicron. What if Vader or the Emperor or another powerful Force user was on the Death Star?

Hound
2004-03-06, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Arcee

One aspect we haven't even touched upon yet is whether the Force would have any effect on Unicron. What if Vader or the Emperor or another powerful Force user was on the Death Star?
What was it Vader said about the force n the Death Star? I think Vader or the Emperor might tip the scales.

Computron
2004-03-06, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Hound
What was it Vader said about the force n the Death Star? I think Vader or the Emperor might tip the scales.

It was answered before, read the whole topic you idiot, admins, fire this lazy mod and apoint me instead ;)

Originally posted by Warcry
No. That's been tried before, more or less (Thunderwing/Dark Matrix). Remember, in the realm of evil, Unicron has no equal. To beat him you'd have to use Light powers Now, maybe if the whole Jedi Council put their minds to it they could take him down.

Ultimate Weapon
2004-03-06, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Arcee

It was my custom pic of the death star blowing up Unicron. Yet I have no hotlinking site for it to be shown.:(

Hound
2004-03-06, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Computron
It was answered before, read the whole topic you idiot, admins, fire this lazy mod and apoint me instead ;)
No, you idiot! The quote I'm looking for is "Do not be too proud of this technilogical terror you've created. The power to destroy planets is insignificant next to the power of the Force." Or something like that, and nowhere in this thread is it stated. Moron...

You can go back to BW/BM now...