PDA

View Full Version : [ART] [ART] TF:U Obsidian & Tankor

Jackpot
2004-02-25, 11:28 AM
“Obsidian & Tankor: Deicide Ex Machina”

http://www.olywa.net/jamesan/portfolio/art/obstank.jpg

So in the Universe comic, as well as in their tech specs, Obsidian and Tankor were pretty damn badass. They came from an alternate BMach universe, where they teamed together and overthrew Megatron, establishing their own despotic rule. As Obsidian's tech spec bio put it, "Using Tankor as his enforcer, the former Autobot quelled uprisings with lethal force and held his home planet in an iron grip of fear and tyranny."

Sadly, though, that tale only exists in backstory, so I had no choice but to visualize what had until now been simply words.

Oh, and for reference, here are links to some pages that have their bios transcribed:

http://www.tfu.info/2003/Decepticon/Obsidian/obsidian.htm
http://www.tfu.info/2003/Decepticon/Tankor/tankor.htm

Anyway, comments, critiques, etc.?

- Jackpot

Denyer
2004-02-25, 03:32 PM
Sorry, excuse my general ignorance, but which incarnation of Megatron is that being crushed?

Beautiful framing. Could simultaneously be a comic panel or a clip from an animation still. And, as always, there's enough range in the palette that the highlights really are highlights.

You know what I'm going to ask by now, don't you? ;)

Bombshell
2004-02-25, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
Sorry, excuse my general ignorance, but which incarnation of Megatron is that being crushed?

Season 1 BM Megs. Who else would it be?

Wicked art, BTW.

Arcee
2004-02-25, 08:15 PM
Neat art, me likey! :D

Jackpot
2004-02-26, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the replies, people! I always like to hear what people think.

Originally posted by Denyer
You know what I'm going to ask by now, don't you? ;) Ah, ever so polite. To you, good sir, I grant perpetual display rights to anything I post here. In the future, you need not even ask.

But, speaking of questions, I have one for you and anyone else who's reading this: Can you spot what I hid in the wall-pattern?

- Jackpot

Denyer
2004-02-26, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Jackpot
Can you spot what I hid in the wall-pattern? Turned 90 degrees, the panel on the right looks similar to a side-view of the U.S.S. Enterprise...

Hellion
2004-02-26, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Jackpot

Can you spot what I hid in the wall-pattern?

There's an Autobot symbol behind Obsidian's head.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-26, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Hellion
There's an Autobot symbol behind Obsidian's head.

:eek:

Good eye.

Jackpot
2004-02-26, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Hellion
There's an Autobot symbol behind Obsidian's head. ****DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING****

Like Fort Max said, good eye, my friend! I love the "evil Autobot dictator" aspect of Obsidian's personality, so I figured I'd include a subtle nod to his former allegiance. Arguably too subtle, but I've never really included an Easter egg in any of my pics, so I thought it'd be fun.

Good job!

- Jackpot