PDA

View Full Version : New BTR Energon Sets

Spiderman
2004-02-26, 02:20 AM
According to http://www.tfw2005.com/ new Energon BTR sets will be released. Heres' the article.

Hasbro's answer to the very popular and formely undisputed king of building blocks (see LEGOS), Built to Rule, continues with brand new products not only for Transformers Energon, but also GI Joe!

The following figures are confirmed for a release in the Built to Rule Energon series thus far:

- Optimus Prime w/ trailer
- Scorponok
- Ironhide
- Starscream

The basic sized figures are of the Armada origin and are Mini-Cons. They come with a "battle station" of types, which is more like a missile firing station. Check out the upcoming Mini-Con releases to BTR:

- Inferno
- Skyblast

We hope to have pictures of these upcoming Built to Rule figures soon!

Alpha Trion
2004-02-26, 03:25 AM
Here's hoping these ones are better than the Armada sets. It should be interesting to see how they do Scorponok and whether or not Prime's 4 little buddies are in the trailer.

Windrazor
2004-02-26, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Here's hoping these ones are better than the Armada sets. It should be interesting to see how they do Scorponok and whether or not Prime's 4 little buddies are in the trailer.

No kidding.. The Armada BTR sets were a nice start. The vehicle forms looked.. well.. not to bad.. I'd say pretty okay.. and the faces looked great.. but the rest of the robot form looked pretty bad.. It was as if they all went from 3 dimensional to 2 dimensional.. or That they basically drew a 3D picture and then cut it out and stood it up. I'd like to see how Optimus Primes Trailer will look.

KillTheKids
2004-02-26, 07:33 PM
I'm more exctied about the minicons. I love minicons and bases, so even if its BTR I should still be happy.