PDA

View Full Version : New Universe toys

Spiderman
2004-02-26, 03:32 PM
Hasbro has released some pics of new Universe toys. See 'em for your self here (http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/energon/pl/PAGE.news/ID.1009/dn/default.cfm)

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-26, 04:05 PM
What is Fireflight a repaint of?

Cliffjumper
2004-02-26, 04:25 PM
BM Nightcruz.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-26, 04:27 PM
I see. Universe is just all about Beast Machines isn't it?

bruticus-kaos
2004-02-26, 04:32 PM
like the repaint on strika :cool:

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-26, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by bruticus-kaos
like the repaint on strika :cool:

Pity the mold is crap.

Bombshell
2004-02-26, 04:38 PM
Well, it's official. Hasbro has begun to use the crappy molds for Universe.

Windrazor
2004-02-26, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by fort_max
I see. Universe is just all about Beast Machines isn't it?

Not necessarily. Depth Charge is from Transmetal Beast Wars. There's been a few RID repaints like Inferno and Red Alert. King Atlas is from a Japanese Transformers line (I forget the line).

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-26, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Windrazor
Not necessarily. Depth Charge is from Transmetal Beast Wars. There's been a few RID repaints like Inferno and Red Alert. King Atlas is from a Japanese Transformers line (I forget the line).

I know, but there have been an inordinate number of toys from Beast Machines used.

Let's compare, shall we?

Beast Machines-Nightcruz, Strika, Obsidian, Tankor, Tank Drone, Blackarachia, Battle Unicorn
Beast Wars-Depth Charge, Optimus Primal, Tigerhawk
Beast Wars II/Neo-Striker, Guiledart
RID-Prowl, X-Brawn, Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus

Then there's MW Sandstorm and Dai Atlas.

As you can see, they've used more BM molds than anything else.

Windrazor
2004-02-26, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by fort_max
I know, but there have been an inordinate number of toys from Beast Machines used.

Let's compare, shall we?

Beast Machines-Nightcruz, Strika, Obsidian, Tankor, Tank Drone, Blackarachia, Battle Unicorn
Beast Wars-Depth Charge, Optimus Primal, Tigerhawk
Beast Wars II/Neo-Striker, Guiledart
RID-Prowl, X-Brawn, Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus

Then there's MW Sandstorm and Dai Atlas.

As you can see, they've used more BM molds than anything else.

Okay.. well here's what I've got so far...

Minicon: Firebot, Gunbarrel, Makeshift, Prowl, Thunderwing, Terradive (All Armada)

Basic: Fireflight (BM), Magna Stampede (BM), Ultra Magnus w/Ironhide(RID w/G1), Optimus Prime w/Prowl (RID w/RID), Stockade (BM)

Deluxe: Autobot Ratchet (RID), Blackarchnia (BM), Dinobot Striker (BW Neo), Dinobot Triceradon (BW Neo), Inferno (RID), Nemesis Strika (BM), Prowl (RID), Reptilion (BW), Roulette (RID), Shadow Striker (RID), Sideburn (RID), Sideswipe (RID), Silverbolt (BW), Skydive (BM), Skywarp (BM), Snarl (BM), Sunstreaker (RID)

Mega: Whirl (G2-Europe)

Ultra: Depth Charge BW), King Atlas (G2-Europe), Optimus Primal (BW), Razorclaw (BW), Ruination (G1), Tankor (BM), Obsidian (BM)

Super: Optimus Prime (RID), Ultra Magnus (RID)

(Collected from www.bwtf.com and www.transformers.com)

G1 = 2
G2-Europe = 2
Beast Wars = 5
Beast Wars Neo = 2
Beast Machines = 10
Robots in Disguise = 13
Armada = 6

Total of 40, I'd say that so far there are more RID figures.

Alpha Trion
2004-02-26, 08:35 PM
Hey, another Firebot repaint! I'm definitely looking forward to buying Fireflight for the sole purpose of getting the yellow Firebot.

Dinobot
2004-02-26, 09:07 PM
Fireflight looks quite nice, not so sure about Obsidian though, although I do like the Decepticon insignia on his chest.

Pun-3X
2004-02-28, 06:33 PM
Okay, there was something that was making me scratch my head, and I figured out what it was.

Fireflight is Rid-Nightcruz.

Nightcruz is a repaint of BM-Spystreak.

Still leads back to Beast Machines, but that's the original name.

Windrazor
2004-02-29, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Pun-3X
Okay, there was something that was making me scratch my head, and I figured out what it was.

Fireflight is Rid-Nightcruz.

Nightcruz is a repaint of BM-Spystreak.

Still leads back to Beast Machines, but that's the original name.

Yeah.. sorry bout that.. I took the 40 known Universe toys thus far, and tried to find the first toyline it was created in. Thats why when I first heard Fort Max call Fireflight, Nightcruz, I had to sit back and think too because I thought it had another name. Then I dug up my Beast Machines boxes and found Spystreak. Same thing goes for the toys I mentioned as Being G2-Europe. King Atlas was first known as Crash in the G2-Europe series. Whirl was first known as Storm in the G2-Europe series.

Wildfire Herald
2004-02-29, 07:36 AM
At least they're using (for the most part) cool BM molds. I like the Spy Streak mold, the Tank Drone mold isn't bad, I've never owned Battle Unicorn, so at least there's one new mold out there for me to get. And I gotta say, as much as you guys hate Minicon repaints, I love Minicons :D :D

Pun-3X
2004-02-29, 09:44 PM
I didn't like the Unicorn from BM much, and it still is only so-so looking in Universe.

What I AM paying attention to is the fact that this mold was limited in release (ie: lots of people suddenly wanted it). I'm holding on to hope that MAYBE they'll do the same thing for Energon Magnus and give it another chance.

*sigh* Maybe...

who cares?
2004-03-01, 01:03 AM
those are cool, i want the strika repaint, by the way, does any one else have a two left handed depth charge, because i do, and if you know it's value, reply.

Cliffjumper
2004-03-01, 01:09 AM
King Atlas was first known as Crash in the G2-Europe series. Whirl was first known as Storm in the G2-Europe series.

King Atlas was Skyquake in the Europe series, not European G2. Whirl was Rotorstorm in the Europe series, not European G2.

Windrazor
2004-03-01, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
King Atlas was Skyquake in the Europe series, not European G2. Whirl was Rotorstorm in the Europe series, not European G2.

The place that I got my information for those names were in "The Unofficial Guide to TRANSFORMERS 1980 Through 1990s" by J.E.Alvarez. Where are you getting your information?

Alpha Trion
2004-03-01, 04:40 AM
Proof that those toys were released in G1 in Europe can be found in Transformers Generations, which was published by Takara, so it's official.

Cliffjumper
2004-03-01, 05:05 AM
The place that I got my information for those names were in "The Unofficial Guide to TRANSFORMERS 1980 Through 1990s" by J.E.Alvarez. Where are you getting your information?

From the pics of MISB pre-G2 European examples, from owning Rotorstorm at the time myself, from the testimony of many European fans... a brief history for those of you following something as flawed as the Alvarez book...

1990 - Transformers tanks in the USA, but still doing fine in the UK and much of Europe thanks very much, so we get lots of nifty reissues and some new Action Masters.
1991 - More European exclusive reissues and European exclusives.
1992 - Ditto, and at the end of the year G2 hits the States.
1993 - As well as selected US G2 toys, the UK receives a few more exclusives, and all the exclusives from 1992 are reissued in G2 packaging.

As for the names, that just goes to show the level of research that went into some areas of that book...

http://tfdatabase.com/temp/rotorstorm_mib.jpg

Windrazor
2004-03-01, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Proof that those toys were released in G1 in Europe can be found in Transformers Generations, which was published by Takara, so it's official.

Where can I find the pictures for those? I've never seen that book which is why I first knew about them from the G2 European series from the book I have. Is it a book that can be purchased thru say amazon.com? I'd be interested in getting it. Otherwise, is there another website out there that has pictures of them readily available? Thanks.

Cliffjumper
2004-03-01, 04:44 PM
I think you can only get it from Amazon Japan, or websites that import it [sadly with a fair mark-up]. I think it's becoming quite scarce. There are scans on my site [see sig], but you need a Yahoo! ID.