PDA

View Full Version : Ironhides Ghost is a putz.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-27, 06:56 PM
Yeah, so I was bored. I went over to Transformers Network, and was reading the Library of Info. I decided to toss in a few of my own comments (the ones in italics, for those who were wondering...).

Dark Awakening Episode Review and Background Info

Well here it is, the review of one of the most arguably best

'Most arguably best'?

TF episode in the TF gen one universe.

Cause, you know. That’s just so hard.

Background Info
First I'd like to start off with some background. This episode is actually recycled from a old Superfriends cartoon complete with a floating Masoleum in space and everything. Cartoons are like that alot. For example there was a G.I.Joe episode called "The Viper" that was used again for a Animaniacs cartoon. Various writers cross over into other series and sometimes bring their ideas with them.

This episode is good. Not only is it good, it's actually great. The animation is rather sloppy, done by the company I love to hate- Akom, the Korean based animation company that did the worst animated TF episodes of all time like City of Steel, The Core, 5 Faces of Darkness, etc. Nelson Shin who is the producer for the Transformer cartoon is the president of the board of directors for Akom so he got first dibs on season 3 episodes for his company. Too bad as I would rather have loved to see Toei Doga or Loeash inc. do this episode. But since Akom is the cheapest, they won.

This episode actualy aired early in the season 3 lineup. First there was Five Faces of Darkness pts 1-5. Then a week of season 2 reruns. Then the Killing Jar was aired. Then Dark Awakening. This was BEFORE Hasbro made the descion to bring Optimus Prime back in the two part Return of Optimus Prime that came at the end of season 3 and was a sequel to this episode. Then this episodes continuity is bumped from the beginning of season 3 to the end of season 3 right before The Return of Optimus Prime pt 1.

This is one time in Transformer history that I am willing to overlook the sloppy animation of this episode due to the fact that it has a very dark and interesting story.

Wish I could overlook the shoddy grammar and pointless ‘insite’ of this review. But hey…

The Episode Review
The episode opens up in deep space with the Autobots Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Arcee, and Kup with Spike and Daniel in a Autobot shuttle under attack from the Steelhaven with Galvatron at the helm.

Wow. Now that was a run-on.

I wonder just how the Autobots got into deep space to begin with?

Because, as we all know, the Autobots are notorious homebodies, not given to gallivanting across the universe.

Where were they going? Were they ambushed then strayed off course?The Decepticons are shooting at them wildly. Their ship gets hit blowing out a engine. We have seen this scene before and the follow-up. In case you didn't recognize this, it's straight from the Empire Strikes Back in which the Empire is shooting at the Millenium Falcon and they go into the asteroid field to loose them.

Yeah, George Lucas is the only person to ever think of using that particular plot device. Sure.

Well the Autobots head for the asteroid field and inside the Steelhaven we overhear a conversation between Galvatron and the Quintessons. The Quints lead Galvatron to the Autobots to destroy them. Galvatron gets rather upset because he knows the Quints are using him just to destroy the Autobots. He ends up blasting the monitor which I would guess gets the other Decepticons upset since they are the ones who has to repair it.

Um….okay….

"Lauch torpedos!" Galvatron screams. Photon torpedoes simliar, but less neatly animated, from Tf the movie fire and zoom in on it's target.

Like in the movie, the Autobots prepare for "emergency seperation" which all Autobot shuttles have to seperate the main cabin from the rest of the ship. The rear of the ship explodes and Cyclonus screams out "The end of Rodimus Prime!". Galvatron is not so easily fooled

...twice…

as he wishes to exaimine the wreckage.

The Autobot escape pod looks alot different from the one Ultra Magnus and the others used in the movie to land on Junkion.

And there’s no way it could possibly be a different ship.

In fact this one looks really off considering the front of the ship should look exactly like the front of the Autobot shuttle since that's where it came off of. But here it has huge glassy windows and the front is configured differently.

"Without communications it could be months until we're found" Magnus says.

What? Months? Let me get this straight. What kind of emergency escape craft is this anyways? One that has NO communications whatsoever?

Eh. Lowest bidder, and all that.

What genius thought up that?

The same one that thought Primacron and Kremzeek were good ideas?

And why would it take months until they are found??

Dramatic tension?
The power of myth?
Incompetent subordinates?
Shoddy writing?

Later on the Autobots build a shuttle from scratch and spare parts and get back to Cybertron in record time. Is the junk shuttle the Autobots built better than this emergency escape pod? The Autobots detect something big and set a course to dock there.

Back at the Steelhaven, we see the ship, a couple of Sweeps and Dirge, Thrust and another Dirge flying beside it. My guess is that one of these "Dirges" was suppose to be colored like Ramjet. Ramjet and Dirge are often confused together by Akom in the third season like in Five Faces of Darkness pt 5 when Magnus destroys two Dirges when Dirge and Ramjet attacked him.

"There's something big out there!" scourge comments.

"Alter course to intercept?" Cyclonus asks as Galvatron nods approval.

Back to the Autobots in their useless escape pod.

Now, wait. A minute ago you were talking about the ‘junk shuttle’ they built.
Tip: Invest in some writing classes.

They see the huge , silent, and floating Masoleum. The music here is perfectly matched for the scene which gives it a creepy feeling as they get closer to it.

"I hope to never see it again" Rodimus says grimly.

Was there ever a time that Rodimus was anything but grim? I'm just asking.

The Autobots are aware of it but the humans ,Spike and Daniel, know nothing of it. Why is this? Maybe Daniel i can understand but Spike? Spike is the Ambassador for Cybertron and Earth according to episode Madman's Paradise. Spike grew up with the old guys on Earth and fought along side of them through thick and thin. He even saved the planet himself along with Carly in Desertion of the Dinobots two part episode. Didn't he attend any of the Autobots funerals?? Like Ironhide, Ratchet, Prowl, Wheeljack, Mirage, etc.

This is the same series that has characters forgetting things like the Matrix of Leadership. You know, unimportant stuff.

The Autobots dock and get out inside which has a sealed air environment

‘Sealed air environment’?

since Spike and Daniel do not blow up and can breath just fine.

Damn.

The Autobots start walking and Daniel trails off by himself for a look around. He walks past the crypts of Ironhide, Rachet, Prowl, and Huffer which he says Huffer's name aloud with a obvious sigh since he knew Huffer well.

Then without warning a undead Optimus Prime is seen from behind him.

An undead robot?

Strange that Optimus Prime in that scene has spider webs all over him. Very strange. Also the damage that Prime has to his body does not match to the damage that was inflicted upon him by Megatron at Autobot City. His left portion of his face is torn away some. When did that happen and how?

Continuity errors? In the Generation 1 cartoon? I am shocked and appalled. Why has no one spoken of this before?

Daniel sees him and freaks out. he goes running and runs into a tomb of a nameless dead autobot. The dead Autobot falls out and almost lands on him which would have been funny. There has been some confusion over the idenity of this Autobot that falls out of the tomb. This Autobot is not Brawn, Huffer, Windcharger or anyone. He is a nobody that the animators at Akom just made up. The script said "Have a Autobot that looks battered fall out of a tomb" and the animators just created him on the spot. Spike said the Masoleum was "as big as Manhattan" which means there are probably thousands of dead Autobots in there. Daniel freaks out and runs into Rodimus Prime. Daniel tells the others that he just saw Optimus Prime alive.

Rodimus wants to check Optimus's tomb but the others are a bit hestitant. "A waste of energy" Kup says which is odd since all it takes is just to remove the lid of his coffin. How much energy could that possibly waste? Rodimus removes the cover for Prime's coffin anyway and sees that Prime is indeed not there.

What happens next is a bit wierd.

And the ‘undead’ Optimus wasn’t?

Rodimus looks back suddenly and yells "Decepticons!" Why?

Cause there were Decepticons?

There was suppose to be a blast noise coming from the docking area of the Masoleum but Akom forgot to put one there making this scene rather confusing.

Yeah, that’s what did it.

Nonetheless Galvatron and the Decepticons open fire on the team of Autobots. We watch as two Sweeps get hit and blow up.

Okay so two Sweeps just died. Well two other Sweeps died in Ghost in the Machine. And another died in Five Faces of Darkness when Wheelie shoots him in the face. And another Sweep died in the movie after Grimlock blasted him. And possibly another one(although it can't be certain) died in Dweller in the Depths. But that's at least 6 Sweeps to date that have died which means somebody somewhere must be making more since that is not how many we had to start with in the movie. In fact in episode Call of the Primatives, we see two Sweeps that introduce themselves as "Sweeps 6 and 7 reporting for duty". 7 Sweeps? Only two were created from kickback and Scrapnel. Now we have 7?

Unicron said ‘an armada’. What kind of armada would it be if there were only two?

Galvatron transforms and with one blast, destroys their shuttle. Lets' see Megatron do that! heh.

Cyclonus transforms and we clearly see his gun come in from subspace in a white shimmering glow.

Arcee gets blasted in the knee while protecting Daniel

I knew there was a reason I hated her…

and the other Autobots fall back through the "veil of remeberence" which looks like cotton candy gone crazy. The Autobots are now at the mercy of Galvatron and his minions when Galvatron gets blasted out of nowhere.

"Decepticons! Leave this place or die!" the undead Optimus Prime yells out and opens fire hitting Galvatron in the chest again. The Sweeps retreat while Cyclonus drags his fallen leader out as the Autobots charge onward.

I guess this is a good a time as any to point out that Arcee has the wrong gun. It looks alot different here than the one she used in the movie. And the one she uses in 5 Faces. As well as the one she used in Dweller in the Depths. all her guns look similar but are still different models. In Five faces pt 1 she even has a hip mounted holster to place her gun into that we never see again.

The Autobots drive the Decepticons off. Now they turn and see their old leader Optimus Prime standing before them. Rodimus wnats to give the Matrix back. Why? doen't he wonder why Optimus is alive?

Yeah, why doen’t he wonder? Maybe because Rodimus was a twit?

And what's funny is that Rodimus's chest lights up to open up. The fire symbol on his chest is apparently the acess hatch to the Matrix.

"He's just a little shook up. You'd be to if you were dead for years." Hotrod says. Years? Since Transformers the movie took place it has only been one year.

Kup inquires about Prime's death and why he is still alive.

Glad someone finally decided to.

"Darkness....cold. And then light" Prime answers. What? Didn't Prime clearly say in the movie he was going to be "One with the Matrix"? And didn't Rodimus see Optimus and speak to him when he was IN the Matrix in Five Faces of Darkness pt 4? So how can Prime be in two places at once? And not to mention we see Prime come out of the Matrix in the Burden Hardest to Bear when Galvatron opens it.

"Must complete plan.." Prime stammers. The Autobots see that Prime has built a escape shuttle by cannoblizing spare parts from the masouleum barge.

"This is yours" Rodimus says as he gives the Matrix back to Prime.

Twit.

"No! ...Noooo!" Prime screams but Rodimus for some reason still gives it to him.

Twit.

"Alright! Hotrod is back" Hotrod says as he shrinks back from being Rodimus Prime. Sorta like he did in the Burden Hardest to Bear"

"Forgive me" Prime says quietly as he takes his rifle out and blasts away at them all. Where did he get his rifle from? He just pulled it out of nowhere kinda like Bugs Bunny pulls his carrots he eats from behind his back. This "behind the back" syndrome has been seen before. Jazz in Starscreams Brigade reaches from behind him to get his blaster to fight Starscream and the Combaticons. Octane in Starscreams Ghost when under attack by Cyclonus and the Sweeps reached from behind his back to get his gun as well. Really crazy stuff.

Yeah, loopy stuff, like holsters and compartments in their back. These are robots that transform into cars, and you’re having trouble with where they’re pulling guns from? Potser.

Prime then sets a collision course for the Masoleum to collide with a local star. Prime then escapes on his shuttle. Something odd here , is that when Prime blasts away from the floating barge, there are sparks shooting out from the side of it as if it just recived major damage. What was that from??

Maybe the fact that it was cobbled together from spare parts? I’m just asking.

I might as well point out that during this entire episode Prime is badly miscolored like he is in all of Akom's episodes. For some crazy insane reason they like to color his back white when it's suppose to be red like they did in The Core and The Rebirth. Also his top portion of his helmet is white and sometimes grey when it's suppose to be blue like the rest of his head. Not to mention that Prime no longer has the Matrix cover in his chest like he did in the movie.

Ultra Magnus, Hotrod, and the others awake from Prime's shooting rampage to find them selves in deep crud as they are about to die.

They’ve just been shot at by their former leader, and they’re just now in ‘deep crud’?

Back on Cybertron Optimus Prime is explaining how the Quints attacked and killed Ultra Magnus, Hotrod, Arcee, Kup, Spike and Daniel to a group of Autobots that consist of Perceptor, Springer, Grimlock, and Skydive.

Why aren't there more Autobots present?

Maybe there was a commute. Traffic. Since the Cybertronians are generally able to make it somewhere under their own power, I doubt there’s a light rail system.

After all the greatest Autobot leader of all time has returned from the dead. I think THAT might spark some interest.

Nah. Not really.

I also wonder...just how did Prime explain to the Autobots on Cybertron about how he is still alive? There is no mention of any excuse Prime gives on why he is back from the dead.

Upon hearing the death of Daniel, Grimlock goes crazy.

"Me Grimlock stomp Qunit's fat into ground! Bah ahhhhhhhh ahhhhhhh!"

‘Stomp Qunit’s fat into ground’. ‘Bah ahhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh’. The only thing worse than the dialogue itself, is getting it second hand.

which is the last thing Grimlock ever says in the TF gen one since he never appears again in the Return of Optimus two part episode or the Rebirth trilogy.

"We will moblize all our forces against the Quintessons" prime says as his eyes glow.

The eyes glowing is something that we see alot in the first two seasons of Transformers. But it only occured twice in season three and never in season four. Here when Prime's eyes glow and when Rodimus's eyes glow in Five Faces of Darkness after he short circuits himself.

Springer vows revenge on the Quints for Arcee's sake. This is the only time we see a hint of a romantic attachment bewteen the two. In the Transformer Universe by Marvel comics it says she is attracted to Hotrod however.

"The entire Autobot fleet moves to attack us" One of the Quintesson judges says.

What? Since when do the Autobots have a fleet now? A few episodes ealier in Grimlock's New Brain we see that Grimlock had to build a shuttl just to get off Cybertron since they didn't have any...and now the Autobots have a flagship and fleet?

I’m gonna have to go with ‘Shoddy writing’, again.

Back at the Masoleum, we see that the Autobots have also built another shuttle out of scrap. Gee, that was fast!

See now, this is the right time to bring up the junk shuttle. Not way back when they’re still floating around in the escape pod.

They take off right as the Masoleum crashes into the red star. They make it back to Cybertron and the engines don't brake fast enough so they crash almost killing Snarl in the process.

Rather cool that Sludge and Snarl make appearances here since they are invisible for pretty much the entire run of season 3. Sludge shows up in Webworld, Grimlock's New Brain and in Call of the Primitives and Snarl is just in the latter two.

We see next the Autobot "fleet" flying through space. Very funny here as I count 15(yes thats 15! Aierlbots flying outside of the main flagship. Well call me stupid but I didn't know the Autobots had 15 Arielbots! Gotta love those guys at Akom...

Yeah, well, someone who spells ‘Aerialbots’ differently every time he types it doesn’t really have any right to judge.

"That planet is the new base for the Quintessons" Optimus Prime explains. Don't the other Autobots around him wonder how he knows this info since he's been dead for a year??

These are the cartoon Autobots. They were only intelligent when it helped the story.

Blurr makes his report that Kup and the others are safe and on Cybertron.

"They're alive" Perceptor exclaims. In this scene if you look to Perceptor's right you see Blaster and Jazz standing there. Jazz is slightly miscolored a light blue tone.

"Another Qunitesson trick!" Prime says trying to exlplain away Blurr's report.

The Autobot fleet moves into postion. "Perhaps we should seek some cover" one of the Qunits say. "No! Place your fate in our defense systems" replies another Qunit which is a reused line from Five Faces of Darkness when Rodimus and the Autobots attack Cybertron to rescue Spike, Ultra Magnus , and Kup.

And I’m assuming it didn’t work out then, either.

The battle begins. Nameless Autobot gunnery crews get blasted. Outside we see arielbots, powerglide, and skyfire getting blow to peices.

Remember: Capitals are your friend.

These really aren't them of course.

Shocking revelation.

Just more "random autobot fighters" that the script says and Akom just pulled their character model sheets and drew them in. In fact in the very next scene we see 3 Arielbots who were just destroyed outside are now inside operating gun ports.

Ultra Magnus and the others are now coming in the Interceptor to stop Prime. They get shot at which makes a big hole in the shuttle and they get sucked into space which means there must have been a atmosphere inside the shuttle for them to get sucked out.

I wonder why they brought Spike and Daniel along? They might get killed like just now. They were safe on Cybertron so why bring them into more harm's way?

Let’s face it. If I were Ultra Magnus, I’d have put Daniel in as many dangerous situations as possible. Just in case.

Perceptor positively identifies the Autobots that are floating in space and has some other Autobots rescue them.

Why is Perceptor the only one capable of identifying them? These are all characters that have had close personal contact with Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod, and the rest, and it takes Perceptor to say, ‘Oh, yeah…That’s them’?

"96% that this discovery will only confuse the Autobots more" one of the Quints say. Why? Wouldn't rescuing the true articles and having them explain the situation only bring things back to normal like it does?

See, but you’re assuming a lot about the intelligence of the characters in this series. Which, as we’ve already established…

"Rodimus is alive!" Wheelie says. Technically thats Hotrod, not Rodimus. Spike is riding on the back of Kup which is odd since Kup has a compartment for humans to sit in with seats.

Hotrod bashes down the command center doors and he and Optimus fight.

During this fight , Prime has a errie flashback to the Quints operating on him turing him into a zombie. What they say makes no sense at all...

"And some lingering remnants from his memories and personality remain" one of the Quints says. What? So when a Transformer dies then some of their personality and memories remain inside the dead body?

Considering that Transformers (especially in the cartoon) are nothing more than robots programmed to be able to think and feel, I’d say it’s entirely possible.

But Prime said he would be one with the Matrix! "But with our circuit implants he(Prime)

Thanks for clearing that up.

would be mindless, a robotic zombie." another Quint says.

"Matrix makes me too strong!" Prime says which is true since the Matrix did make Scourge stronger in Burden Hardest to Bear and Hotrod became Rodimus who was stronger.

You were on the debate team, weren’t you?

Optimus and Hotrod continue to fight and Prime get his left arm torn off. In the end, Prime overcomes his Quintesson programming and gives the Matrix back to Hotrod.

The other Autobots rescue Hotrod(but not Prime?)

He still owes them money.

and evacuate the ship as the Quintesson's guns tear it to pieces.

Prime sends the main ship in a collision course into the heart of the Quint forces.

"Till all are one" he says which is one of the few times that phrase is mentioned in the season 3 episodes. Galvtatron says it in Burden Hardest to Bear and that's it. The flagship gets ripped to peices and blows up. The animation is rather sloppy

As opposed to the stellar animation throughout the rest of the episode.

as the ships blows up and the star goes nova at the same time.

"This nova will be his memorial" says Rodimus Prime.

The Autobot fleet moves out as a image of Prime is seen amoung the stars. Then fades to black. If you have the second version of this, the narrator says "Is Optimus Prime really dead? Find out tommorrow in the Return of Optimus Prime."

Well there you have it. One of the best Transformer episodes ever.

?????????

Very nicely written

?????????

with a darker tone that you would not have seen in the first two seasons. Overall I'd give this four stars just for the creativity.

?????????

The animation rather drags but I guess that's a minor point. Dark Awakening is a classic to be remembered.....

I suppose the major problem I have is this: If this guy is supposed to have worked on the original series, why does everything he writes sound like something one could get from a Season 3 box set and fifteen minutes online?

Putz.

Grandmaster Shockwaeve
2004-02-27, 07:23 PM
Season 3 began in 2006, so that part is valid at least. I'm sure someone else here can explain why in Japan it was called "2010."

Not the best review I've read...

What? Since when do the Autobots have a fleet now? A few episodes ealier in Grimlock's New Brain we see that Grimlock had to build a shuttl just to get off Cybertron since they didn't have any...and now the Autobots have a flagship and fleet?

No, not shoddy writing... at least not on Zalewski's part... it seems Ironhide's Ghost has forgotten his third paragraph by this point.

For the record though, I would agree with the "best episode ever" and "very nicely written" parts.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-27, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Season 3 began in 2006, so that part is valid at least. I'm sure someone else here can explain why in Japan it was called "2010."

See, I was under the impression that Season 3 was five years later. If that's not the case, I apologize.

No, not shoddy writing... at least not on Zalewski's part... it seems Ironhide's Ghost has forgotten his third paragraph by this point.

For the record though, I would agree with the "best episode ever" and "very nicely written" parts.

When I said 'Shoddy writing', I was referring, to a lesser degree, poor scripting, but mostly the lack of continuity from episode to episode.

I wasn't real impressed with that episode, so...

bluekatt
2004-02-27, 07:42 PM
*picks self up from the floor *
..okay i stopped laughing now
you really should email him that updated review
and why do i get the feeling its written by a bloody 15 year old ?
it oozes clearasil

Arcee
2004-02-27, 08:22 PM
The dead Autobot falls out and almost lands on him which would have been funny.

...only if it had squished Daniel. ;) Oh, and - everyone who could write better than this in 8th grade raise their hands!

Only two were created from kickback and Scrapnel.

Who is this "Scrapnel" dude he's speaking of? :p

I guess this is a good a time as any to point out that Arcee has the wrong gun. It looks alot different here than the one she used in the movie.

The horror! How dare she change her weapon! :p

Springer vows revenge on the Quints for Arcee's sake. This is the only time we see a hint of a romantic attachment bewteen the two.

I believe it was implied as early as in the movie, but what do I know? ;)

"Another Qunitesson trick!" Prime says trying to exlplain away Blurr's report.

The Autobot fleet moves into postion. "Perhaps we should seek some cover" one of the Qunits say. "No! Place your fate in our defense systems" replies another Qunit

How about learning to spell "Quintesson"? It's not that hard, really. :rolleyes:

The flagship gets ripped to peices

"I before E, except after C!" Really, this thing practically mocks itself.

I suppose the major problem I have is this: If this guy is supposed to have worked on the original series, why does everything he writes sound like something one could get from a Season 3 box set and fifteen minutes online?

Exactly.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-27, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Arcee
...only if it had squished Daniel. ;) Oh, and - everyone who could write better than this in 8th grade raise their hands!

*raises hand*

How about learning to spell "Quintesson"? It's not that hard, really. :rolleyes:

Yeah, though that wasn't quite as irritating as his constantly typing 'Arielbots'. What is this, 'The Little Mermaid'?

Really, this thing practically mocks itself.

Yeah, almost too easy, isn't it?

EDIT: BTW, Arcee, meant to mention that I like your new sig pic. That's just funny.

Arcee
2004-02-27, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by fort_max
EDIT: BTW, Arcee, meant to mention that I like your new sig pic. That's just funny.

Thanks!

Grandmaster Shockwaeve
2004-02-27, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by fort_max:
I wasn't real impressed with that episode, so...

Yeah, preferences vary, although I do agree that lack of continuity sort of spoiled that episode, mostly when they rolled out TROOP.

On another note, I definitely have more respect for Antoni Zalewski than to believe this ;) :

The script said "Have a Autobot that looks battered fall out of a tomb"

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-27, 08:59 PM
Yeah, preferences vary, although I do agree that lack of continuity sort of spoiled that episode, mostly when they rolled out TROOP.

Definitely.

On another note, I definitely have more respect for Antoni Zalewski than to believe this ;)

Yeah, that struck me as pretty crappy, even for Gen 1.

Warcry
2004-02-28, 04:51 AM
Season 3 began in 2006...
Nope. Season 3 began in 2005 (see: FFOD intro). It later continued on into 2006 (if Big Broadcast is to be believed).

Grandmaster Shockwaeve
2004-02-28, 09:28 AM
Mmm, you're right... I remember now how one of those Season 3 summaries they had later on incorrectly said that FFOD took place in 2006... seems I've remembered the error better than the real thing :o

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-29, 05:02 PM
Okay, well, I didn't realize that it was one year's difference. Comments have been changed to reflect that, as well as because I thought of a couple of other things I wanted to say.

Dead Man Wade
2004-03-16, 09:38 PM
Okay, I was bored, so I did the same thing with his review of 'Carnage in C-Minor'. Thought I'd be nice, and put it up elsewhere and then just link to it. Ain't I nice?

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/depth_charge/IG.html

There you go.

Arcee
2004-03-16, 10:38 PM
Wouldn't comparing 'Carnage in C-Minor' to the Holocaust fall under Godwin's Law?

Dead Man Wade
2004-03-17, 12:46 AM
I'm not sure.

I know it's a stupid comparison, but I don't know that it's Godwin bait.

Nevermore
2004-03-17, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by fort_max
Okay, I was bored, so I did the same thing with his review of 'Carnage in C-Minor'. Thought I'd be nice, and put it up elsewhere and then just link to it. Ain't I nice?

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/depth_charge/IG.html

Well, well, look what we got here:

This episode actually has aproximately the same amount of mistakes as any other episode. But what makes this bad is the mistakes this episode makes are far more obvious and glaring than the rest.

Anyone get a strange feeling of déjà vu? Well, I do:

From Zobovor's bloopers page (http://zobovor.tripod.com/carnage_in_c_minor_bloopers.html):
Many fans consider this to be the worst Transformers episode ever produced, usually citing the numerous mistakes in the animation. In point of fact, there aren't any more animation bloopers than your average post-movie episode. But the ones that are there--the really glaring gaffes--are the ones that stand out in people's minds...

Decide for yourself...

Cliffjumper
2004-03-17, 01:09 AM
Zobovor plagarising Ironhide's Ghost?

Seriously, though, while I think IG seems to be an idiotic fantasist, that isn't all that close, it's simply a basic observation on the episode. They're even worded differently. It's like I'm plagarising whoever if on my site I mention that "Bird of Prey" is a Maltese Falcon pastiche...

Garrason
2004-03-17, 01:15 AM
Galvatron’s latest pot smoking scheme.
I seem to rember somthing from psy 101 in collage that people often see in the actions of others the things they do themselves.....:p somthing to think about

Nevermore
2004-03-17, 01:17 AM
Well, my point was mostly that IG's "insider information" is hardly that much "insider" since Zob had made the very same statement ages ago, just worded differently...