PDA

View Full Version : A question about proportion.

Civ
2004-02-27, 09:14 PM
I found this odd that a lot of the comic readers seem to complain about Pat Lee's proportional capability when drawing Transformers. I'm a little curious as to what you guys mean and to hopefully see some examples to illustrate your point, just so us non-comic readers have some idea of what you're talking about.

bluekatt
2004-02-27, 09:35 PM
pat lee makes his transformers look very puffy and bloated with rounded edges as if they have been nibbeling steroids
im quite sure other wil elobrate on that and post some pics as well

Hound
2004-02-27, 09:36 PM
Does someone have a pic of the Autobot cover of DW TF: G1 vol.2 mini that they can post?

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-27, 09:38 PM
http://tfarchive.com/comics/dwcovers/tf_g1_2_issue_1_autobot_front_cover.jpg

http://tfarchive.com/comics/dwcovers/tf_g1_2_issue_1_autobot_back_cover.jpg

That one?

bluekatt
2004-02-27, 09:38 PM
you mean G1 vol 1 issue 1 ?
yes i have that and i can scan it
and im beaten to it !

Hound
2004-02-27, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by fort_max
http://tfarchive.com/comics/dwcovers/tf_g1_2_issue_1_autobot_front_cover.jpg
Yes, this what I'm talking about. Take a look at Bumblebee, one foot is as big as the rest of his body, it's ridiculous. Then there's Prime, ugh!

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-27, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by bluekatt
and im beaten to it !

Only because it's on this very site.:D

bluekatt
2004-02-27, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by fort_max
Only because it's on this very site.:D

figures

:glance:

on the cover of the first miniseries trade peperback prime looks quite puffy as well

Arcee
2004-02-27, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Hound
Take a look at Bumblebee, one foot is as big as the rest of his body, it's ridiculous.

Yeah, and have you noticed how Prime's crotch is, erm, emphasized in this pic (though that's also his b/c of his stance, not just the proportions)? It's almost obscene. :p

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-27, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Arcee
Yeah, and have you noticed how Prime's crotch is, erm, emphasized in this pic (though that's also his b/c of his stance, not just the proportions)? It's almost obscene. :p

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

Anybody else get the feeling that Pat Lee has an inexplicable attraction to Prime?

Strafe
2004-02-27, 10:02 PM

You know I had never noticed until you said that.

Now everytime I look at that pic, I can't help but notice it.

Thanks for ruining my innocence.

Dead Man Wade
2004-02-27, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Strafe

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*wipes away tear*

Hoo-boy. Thanks, I needed that...

Bombshell
2004-02-27, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Strafe

You mean you had innocence to begin with?

Civ
2004-02-27, 10:20 PM
Ah ok, I see what you guys and girl/girls mean. BTW, who's that little orange bot behind Bumblebee and in front of Prime? Is that Wheelie? I don't recognize him.

Ultimate Weapon
2004-02-27, 10:55 PM
That picture is definetly gay, in the colorful sense.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gay

bluekatt
2004-02-27, 11:20 PM

urgh thanks for pointing that out
i feel soiled enough already just by looking at that cover now

Cliffjumper
2004-02-27, 11:39 PM
The orange guy could be anyone... I'm sure someone said who, but I can't remember [a Pwerdasher or something?]. I think, though, the cover for that one was actually done for the promo for the Sarracini Vol. 2, the one with a totally different plot that was alluded to in the Vol. 2 preview. When it switched to "War & Peace", the foreground images were remounted.

The originals used for early promotion, shortly after the Op poster ad which still credited Chris: -

http://tfdatabase.com/comic/guide/g1/apoc/v2-1auto.jpg

http://tfdatabase.com/comic/guide/g1/apoc/v2-1con.jpg

For perspective, check out Megatron's left leg as opposed to his fusion cannon, and Bruticus & Menasor.

Civ
2004-02-27, 11:41 PM
Since when did Megatron start carrying a pea-shooter? :D

Cliffjumper
2004-02-27, 11:48 PM
Since some wanker at Wizard decided Pat Lee was talented enough to hype.

Civ
2004-02-27, 11:51 PM
I just noticed this. Is that Grimlock in the Decepticons picture? The gray guy carrying a sword looks a lot like Grimlock.

Ozz
2004-02-27, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Civ
Is that Grimlock in the Decepticons picture?

Yes.

Nevermore
2004-02-28, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Civ
I just noticed this. Is that Grimlock in the Decepticons picture? The gray guy carrying a sword looks a lot like Grimlock.

If you remember, in G1 vol. 1 Grimlock deserts the Autobots. Maybe Saccarini planned for him to become a Decepticon full-time? G1 vol. 2 #1 has a weird scene that sees Grimlock suddenly coming back to the Autobots (and with a Decepticon symbol on his chest, although he had just ripped off his Autobot logo in vol. 1).

Civ
2004-02-28, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Nevermore
If you remember, in G1 vol. 1 Grimlock deserts the Autobots. Maybe Saccarini planned for him to become a Decepticon full-time? G1 vol. 2 #1 has a weird scene that sees Grimlock suddenly coming back to the Autobots (and with a Decepticon symbol on his chest, although he had just ripped off his Autobot logo in vol. 1).

Ok, but I don't read the comics, so I didn't know he deserted them.

Cliffjumper
2004-02-28, 12:29 AM
Lucky you... Grimlock's been diabolically represented.

Arcee
2004-02-28, 12:52 AM
The way he's drawn Megatron makes me weep. And not the good kind of weeping.