PDA

View Full Version : Alternators Silverstreak/Smokescreen comparisons (protos)

Nevermore
2004-03-08, 07:11 PM
http://community.webshots.com/album/123993184eyPHEb

Whew. They sure didn't just repaint Smokey and change the head...

Brave Maximus
2004-03-08, 07:33 PM
Wow, a good chunk of remolding there. Looks almost like 2 seperate molds based on the same car. I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be. As you feared, I though they were just going to slap a new head on there.

I'm impressed.

Ultimate Weapon
2004-03-08, 07:44 PM
Looks the same to me. *shrugs*

Brave Maximus
2004-03-08, 07:53 PM
Basically yes, same design and transformation scheme. But every part is different (well almost) a different mold and pattern than smokescreens. I like the head design too. I wonder if they'll do a Prowl and what he'll look like

The Wild One
2004-03-08, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Brave Maximus
Basically yes, same design and transformation scheme. But every part is different (well almost) a different mold and pattern than smokescreens. I like the head design too. I wonder if they'll do a Prowl and what he'll look like
A new formula 1 racer would be nice.

The Dark Optimus Prime
2004-03-08, 09:13 PM
wow thanks for the pics, i was having trouble comparin them just lookin at them sepertaly, before i honestly didnt see a resemblence in the vehicle modes between the two. but now i do. so i am happy with the way they did it and the fact that hasbro was smart enough to do it similar and different at the same time, now if only we could do something about them keeping names....hhmmm