PDA

View Full Version : First look at US Alternators Silverstreak

Nevermore
2004-04-06, 06:33 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/article1778.html&mode=nested

Courtesy of TFW 2005.

Wow. Looks almost like the Japanese version. Good work.

Bombshell
2004-04-06, 06:42 PM
Me like. :)

Denyer
2004-04-06, 06:51 PM
Nice, but I don't really like the red. Otherwise it'd be a good base for a Prowl (which we probably won't get due to two existent uses of the mould.)

Sir Auros
2004-04-06, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
Nice, but I don't really like the red. Otherwise it'd be a good base for a Prowl (which we probably won't get due to two existent uses of the mould.)

Yeah, but wouldn't it be nice to get a Prowl version of the Tracks mold? Wouldn't be unheard of either since many jurisdictions are using Corvettes and Camaros for their slicktop cars...

deej
2004-04-06, 08:44 PM
Hey - it's another Subaru, so it gets two thumbs up in my books :)

Denyer
2004-04-06, 08:47 PM
Be a bit of a weird body shape, but if they make it, I'll look at it...

Sir Auros
2004-04-06, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
Be a bit of a weird body shape, but if they make it, I'll look at it...

It could certainly work, as I said, some jurisdictions have them as semi-inconspicuous cars.

another tf fan
2004-04-06, 09:16 PM
I like the new wing and new wheels. The red intercooler looks less realistic than the silver one on smokescreen. I vote for Tracks to be prowl... I have seen no USA jurisdictions using import cars for police cars. Buy American, I guess.

MathewsJ1
2004-04-06, 09:51 PM
Prowl is a cop car. Lets go with a normal but still cool cop car. In order to have him be the real deal he's gotta be a Crown Vic.

Dinobot
2004-04-06, 09:58 PM
I like it. Nicer than Smokescreen IMO.

Windrazor
2004-04-08, 01:35 AM
Hmm.. ok.. it looks identical to Smokescreen, cept its repainted. I'm not either enthused or disappointed since I knew its what it would look like. Except his gun.. well.. a red gun? umm.. I thought they would have made it grey and black too.. oh well.. Whats up with the steering wheel being on the right side of the car? If its an American Car, it should be on the left side. Figured somebody would screw up somewhere...

As far as a Prowl.. Yeah.. I could see them making it a Ford Crown Victoria.. but lately, alot of Sheriffs and Highway Patrol men have been using a Chevrolet.. I just can't remember the name.. but it looks sort of like a Malibu. I think that car would fit Prowl better. Plus it would be in the same size range as the other cars, instead of a Crown Victoria which is like driving a boat... especially if you take the sway bars off.. heh heh.. shhh..

Warcry
2004-04-08, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Windrazor
As far as a Prowl.. Yeah.. I could see them making it a Ford Crown Victoria.. but lately, alot of Sheriffs and Highway Patrol men have been using a Chevrolet.. I just can't remember the name.. but it looks sort of like a Malibu.
They're using Impalas, probably. Cops around here have more than one Impala in service.

Windrazor
2004-04-08, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Warcry
They're using Impalas, probably. Cops around here have more than one Impala in service.

That sounds about right.. I would rather them make a Prowl out of an Impala than a Crown Vic.. but.. thats just my personal opinion.

another tf fan
2004-04-08, 07:46 AM
IMO the Impalla is one butt ugly car, so are caprices and crown vics. Prowl is better as a sports car turned police vehical. How about a 350z prowl or the vetter idea was great. A camaro would have ben cool, but they stopped making it.

MathewsJ1
2004-04-08, 01:00 PM
The Crown Vic is awesome! Check out the performance specs on a police package Crown Vic and it is amazing. The Impala is a budget trimmer. The CV is a far superior car. Impalas only got them beat on price and gas. Has any one ever checked out the black heavy duty rims on the Vic? Heavy duty ramming bumpers? 500 horse engine? The Impala is like an economy car nowadays.

Cyberstrike nTo
2004-04-08, 01:17 PM
Very cool looking. :cool: :cool: :cool: