PDA

View Full Version : Prototype Pictures of Meister Alternator/Update May 4th: New pics!

Spiderman
2004-04-20, 04:17 PM
In case anyone is wondering what the new Meister Alternator will look like then click here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=753&item=3188987003)
I'm glad they changed the head. Makes him more like Jazz, oops I mean Meister :laugh:

Cliffjumper
2004-04-20, 04:19 PM
Wow, near-identical robot mode layout to Smokescreen. That'll be one less hole in my wallet...

Denyer
2004-04-20, 07:23 PM
If it's released with a white or silver paintjob, I might get it. Black would also work quite well. Anyone recognise the car?

Optimus_Type-R
2004-04-20, 07:30 PM
It also most looks like the RX-8, although I could only be seeing that becasue of what was on Mazda's site a while back...

As for the colour scheme, I don't think they will do a white one, as the RX-8 was never released with a white paint job, so if they have to stick with the car license they I guess we'll be getting a different colour.

Nevermore
2004-04-20, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Optimus_Type-R
As for the colour scheme, I don't think they will do a white one, as the RX-8 was never released with a white paint job, so if they have to stick with the car license they I guess we'll be getting a different colour.

http://fr.cars.yahoo.com/040305/273/3ogxa.html

Denyer
2004-04-20, 07:56 PM
That's nice, and I'm not even much of a car fan...

Optimus_Type-R
2004-04-20, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Nevermore
http://fr.cars.yahoo.com/040305/273/3ogxa.html

Thats fine, but if you check the Mazda website, white isn't a colour that they list.

And yes that is a very nice car.

Transfannabeel
2004-04-20, 09:45 PM
Looks good, not sure if I'll get it though.

Tempest
2004-04-21, 12:03 AM
That IS the RX-8 Prototype model.

That's what is looks like with out any paint what so ever. My guess is that this is either the one we saw from Mazda or one that is being released from Hasbro.

Sir Auros
2004-04-21, 12:06 AM
Why is everyone so confused over the color? When the figure was announced ages ago it was fully colored on the Mazda website as red. Granted, the prototype's color is an odd choice if they're still going with red, I'd still assume it will be red.

Cliffjumper
2004-04-21, 01:00 AM
I thought white-ish was default for prototypes, with the colours then on pre-prod. I know I've got pics of the G2 Inferno prototype, which was red...

Brave Maximus
2004-04-21, 01:22 AM
I don't see why everyone is so confused
The red one that was seen had not been given a name and has a different head from that one. More than likely the Red RX-8 is the Camshaft named in Hasbro's list of upcoming products.

Yes there is a White and black RX-8, it was the prototype\rollout colours. And wow, wouldn't a black and white RX-8 with the head seen on that pic work quite well for Meister\Jazz?

It's not like hasbro has a habit of changing a few things and putting out a repaint (Alternator Smokescreen\Silverbolt, Dead End\Sideswipe ETC).

Or we can wait until it comes out.

As for the transformation scheme - most of the G1 cars shared common schemes (Even when they're not repaints).

Optimus_Type-R
2004-04-21, 01:29 AM
Correct me if I wrong, but didn't Hasbro mention something one their website about the RX-8 a while back and that it was going to be Jazz (Meister)?

Nevermore
2004-04-21, 08:31 PM
Whoever this guy is selling the prototype, he has a long history of selling prototypes, including Alt Tracks, Hound, Streak and Dead End...

Sideswipe
2004-04-23, 08:53 AM
Ill get it because it looks more poseable, more sleek, and more worth my money than smokescreen ever could have been.

Shockwave.03
2004-04-23, 04:50 PM
do you know what i want to see is like Hotrod, Cup, or maybe even Ultra Magnus, now those would be some kick ass toys

Spiderman
2004-04-23, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Shockwave.03
do you know what i want to see is like Hotrod, Cup, or maybe even Ultra Magnus, now those would be some kick ass toys
you took the words right out of my mouth!:D :D

Brave Maximus
2004-04-23, 05:09 PM

Currently for the Alternator\Binal Tech line, hasbro is sticking with real cars in 1\24th scale. While you could do Kup up as something like a Ford F-150 (a PicKUP Truck), Hot Rod would be difficult to make accurate and a Real Vehicle. They also have to deal with the licencing issue and most vehicle companies don't want the flame pattern across the hood and doors (Hence Tracks being void of these things).

As for UM - should we stick with 1\24th scale and use say, 20th Ann Prime as the cab, manage to get a trailer that looks accurate and forms armor for him...... The thing would be HUGE and cost a small fortune. Best you'll get for that is a white and blue painted 20th A Prime (or the scaled down version Takara is producing)

Shockwave.03
2004-04-23, 07:06 PM
noway, shure he would be a little bit bigger then the rest, but in the cartoon, he stood just as tall as some of the Gesalt, how cool would that be to be able to put the other ones on his trailer

and i think hot rod would be not as hard as you think, all they could do is make a lambergine form of him, thats what i thought he was anyway, and the flames are kick-ass, but only on him

Spiderman
2004-04-23, 08:35 PM
noway, shure he would be a little bit bigger then the rest, but in the cartoon, he stood just as tall as some of the Gesalt, how cool would that be to be able to put the other ones on his trailer

and i think hot rod would be not as hard as you think, all they could do is make a lambergine form of him, thats what i thought he was anyway, and the flames are kick-ass, but only on him
Again the idea rocks!! :D

Dead Man Wade
2004-04-23, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Spiderman
Again the idea rocks!! :D

...despite the fact that the plan has more than a few flaws.

The fanboys had a nervous breadown over Tracks. How do you think they're going to react to a flame-less, Lamborghini (sp?) Hot Rod.

Cliffjumper
2004-04-23, 10:39 PM

Unless Takara have managed to invent actual working subspace, it's unlikely if Magnus was slightly larger than the others that they'd be able to fit on his trailer... The buzzword, again, is 1:24 scale vehicle modes. The truck carrier mode would be in the same scale as the Alternator cars. But the robot mode would be twice their size, minimum.

Brave Maximus
2004-04-24, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Unless Takara have managed to invent actual working subspace, it's unlikely if Magnus was slightly larger than the others that they'd be able to fit on his trailer... The buzzword, again, is 1:24 scale vehicle modes. The truck carrier mode would be in the same scale as the Alternator cars. But the robot mode would be twice their size, minimum.

Thank you cliffjumper. And this is why we keep him around - to point out things ;)

Nevermore
2004-04-24, 03:41 PM
And he's selling another (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=753&item=3189766314) prototype...

Nevermore
2004-05-04, 06:49 PM
Fourth (I think) prototype auction with replaced new pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=753&item=3191213163&rd=1

Shockwave.03
2004-05-05, 04:50 PM
dang it looks so F#$KINg kick-ass!:D