PDA

View Full Version : Atari Transformers site wins Internet Award

StoneCold Skywarp
2004-05-12, 05:30 PM
Following is the transcript of the e-mail the team received. I have to openly admit that I visited the site myself yesterday concerning a query I had and found it to be gorgeous to look at.

Dear Laura and the Transformers web team,

Having evaluated your website named: Transformers

URL: http://www.atari.com/transformers/

We are pleased to announce that this site has been selected to receive the FWA Site Of The Day (SOTD) Award for 12th May 2004.

FWA is an industry recognised award program and is one of the World's Top Awards.

We are rewarding websites who use cutting edge technology, together with inspirational ideas, that lead the way for future generations.

This is an excellent web presence for the latest Transformers game from Atari. Using the latest web technologies to utilise the full potential of the internet, this site boast an innovative and progressive design that seamlessly incorporates video, sound & FX and awe-inspiring 3D to create an intriguing and unique surfing experience. We are confident that the target audience will be more than impressed with their time spent on the Transformers website and, overall, we found this site to be very progressive and we are pleased to feature Transformers at FWA.

The site is displayed and linked as the "Site Of The Day" and will
remain so for approximately 24 hours and will continue in the "Winners" window for up to 1 month before being archived. It will also enter the contest for Site Of The Month.

You can also find the site listed in our "Directory" in the "Promotional" section.

A new award graphic will be available soon to coincide with the launch of the new FWA website, should you wish to display one. Previous winners will be made aware of the new graphic and how to obtain one as soon as it is available.

Congratulations and we'll be looking forward to your future projects, which I hope you'll keep us informed of.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards

Rob Ford
FWA General Manager

FWA ==> www.FavouriteWebsiteAwards.com

Keeping you inspired since 2000

Macromedia.com: "Links to the best websites containing Macromedia Flash and Shockwave content."
Yahoo.com: "Favourite Website Awards - when it comes to Flash style, they have the newest in new."

Windrazor
2004-05-13, 03:48 PM
Uhh.. FWA award? Never heard of it... I'd like to say Congratulations to Atari for receiving that.. but with all these awards out these days.. I almost wonder if it was someone with a lot of free time on their hands that was just a big TF fan.. Such as if I was to mail em and say .. hey.. you get the EWA (excellent website award). Favorite Website Award? Oops.. I mean favourite.. (they must be canadian).. Well.. anyways.. from the commercials for the game.. it looks great.. I can't wait for mine to come in the mail.!!!!

Denyer
2004-05-13, 04:42 PM
Sound like self-proclaimed irrelevants to me...

Site appears to be built in Flash, so I'm avoiding it on principle. People who can't code and can't design for standards shouldn't be working commercial sites.