PDA

View Full Version : Brawn, in TF:TM

Almagnus1
2002-01-23, 07:46 AM
Hmmm, after seeing brawns sig, i got to thinking (one should never let engineers think too long on a study break in the middle of the night, crazy stuff might happen, such as taking over the world . . . . . . :D maybe he didn't die in the movie, the reasoning behind this is that it looks like the laser path from megatron hit him close enough to the shoulder joint and that it looked like the blast exited low on his left side, making for a very painful, but posibly non-lethal wound (assuming TF anatomy is anything related to human anatomy). To put this in more human terms (so that we can have a clearer picture of what happenned)it looked like the blast would have gone through the chest cavity, and missed the heart, however it still might have punctured the stomach and intestines. A couple things that would be helpful to know is if Megatron's beam spreads at all over distance (this would determine if whether the wound would be conical or cylindricular in shape), and what TF anatomy is really like, so we can determine if the blast hit or missed anything vital. It's just a thought from an overtired engineer, any comments?

Blaster_86
2002-01-23, 07:51 AM
THE TOUGHEST AUTOBOT CAN NOT DIE FROM A BLOODY KNICK TO THE SHOULDER.

Djar][aCho
2002-01-23, 08:51 AM
brawn retired from the series after hearing that his raise in pay was beeing denied due to overpopulation in the cast of TF-- so he took his pension and moved to the bahamas where he still regrets prowl ratchet and Ironhides descicion to contradict the directors ideas .

Djar][aCho
2002-01-23, 09:04 AM
lol!! i just now after having posted read the poll,, hahhahhaha

ThunderCracker84
2002-01-23, 12:38 PM
he died, and so should this arguement

Quickswitch6
2002-01-23, 06:26 PM
He retired from the show.

Shrapnel Clone
2002-01-23, 08:28 PM
Well, I don't think he died from the shoulderwound. His WHOLE BACK being gone might be the reason though....

And if he did not die then, the Decepticons probably played catch with his parts....

And if he did not die then, HOTROD blew him away :D

Jetfire
2002-01-23, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Blaster_86

Yes we know Grimlock cant die froma nick to his shoulder but we are talking about Brawn here.....

RID Scourge
2002-01-23, 09:59 PM
It went through him, probably damaging something important because the wound was smoking, and you can see, that the whole back's been blown out.

Blaster_86
2002-01-23, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1

Yes we know Grimlock cant die froma nick to his shoulder but we are talking about Brawn here.....
A. A quarter of his back was gone NOT ALL OF IT. B. Brawn was the toughest.

Blitzwing
2002-01-24, 01:06 AM
Sorry Blaster, according to the poll, looks like the "toughest" Autobot bit the big one.

Brawn
2002-01-24, 02:28 AM
Hey you guys are talking as if I were dead?

So what if Jetfire Squashed me in the lift shaft...
that doesn't make me Dead

After spending many weeks recovering from my broken legs and headwounds, I decided to go to the Bahamas!!!

As for that psyhic who said I would be dead in 2005, that is a bunch of garbage...

But since the lift accident however I have been left brain dead?;)

Pun-3X
2002-01-24, 09:49 AM
*adds another point to the 'death' toll*

And I have to agree, Grimlock's got more toughness in him than Brawn.

Ultimate Weapon
2002-01-24, 09:58 AM
Brawn: Perhaps I will be the one who rises from the ranks too use the power of the matrix to light our... *OUCH!! aw shit maybe not good bye world

C:\Documents and Settings\weezer1\My Documents\My Pictures\tftm03.jpg

Jetfire
2002-01-24, 03:39 PM

It looks like your totally on your own for this one mate:D

Almagnus1
2002-01-25, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by PaladinPrime
It went through him, probably damaging something important because the wound was smoking, and you can see, that the whole back's been blown out.

Now that i finally have time to watch that clip from TF:TM, it does look like the shot more or less went through his should out his back, more of a horizontal shot, and not like a long vertical one, also, it did look like it triggered some kind of explosion (seperate from the initial shot, which would explain smoke), unfortunately, there is no way to determine how much damage that explosion caused, because of what little there is shown of Brawn, almost all of is back is being obscured by the smoke coming from that wound. This is kind of off the subject, but has anyone else that has been wounded by Megatron survived, whether in the movie or after it?

Ultimate Weapon
2002-01-26, 09:02 AM
Ironhide was shot several times by Megatron and survived only to be finished off by his arm cannon.

C:\Documents and Settings\weezer1\My Documents\My Pictures\tftm05.jpg

"Oh No Not Again"

Blaster_86
2002-01-26, 09:15 AM
I still say megatron missed Ironhide and hit the floor beside him >.>

ThunderCracker84
2002-01-26, 09:19 AM
I still say megatron missed Ironhide and hit the floor beside him >.>

And then there would be a whole in the shuttle floor, making it unable to fly, therefore making the next 10-15 minutes of the movie out of whack, and really screwing up the movie in entirety

And if the fusion blast didnt kill him, then when Hot Rod shot it down and it crashed into the ground, he sure did die. Along w/ Prowl, Brawn, and Ratchet

Blaster_86
2002-01-26, 09:22 AM
I said it before

Shut up TC Let me Dream my Dreams

ThunderCracker84
2002-01-26, 09:23 AM
and like I said, you can dream, but dont try and contradict known facts to the public that knows them

BlueBlaster
2002-01-26, 11:51 AM
The Manuscript says that he dies and the writers say:
-Yes we take the shoulder part so some people will get crazy ideas that he would return!

Redstreak
2002-01-27, 02:56 AM
He's dead, Jim. [/Dr. McCoy]

Hasn't this discussion come this way before? :p

I'm reminded of a poem from Cliffy's sig, I don't remember who originally wrote it;

Your Brawn is dead and no one cares/If there is a hell, I'll see you there!

:D

R.

Houbatron
2002-01-27, 10:49 AM
Bah. Everyone knows Brawn died in GI Joe Issue #142 when he was in the middle of a sub-nuclear neutron implosion triggered by Megatron.

The Green Knight
2002-01-27, 11:02 AM
Brawn is dead. Starscream shot him with Megatron, cutting through Brawn's shoulder and blowing his back out. And after the Decepticons exited the shuttle, it crashed. So it either slammed into the ground and shattered, or it slammed into the ground and exploded. Regardless of which one it did, that was the end of Brawn.

dai-atlas2000
2002-01-27, 12:12 PM
think you forgot to add a "DON'T CARE" option to the poll...

this arguement is as stale as old bread

Houbatron
2002-01-27, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by dai-atlas2000
think you forgot to add a "DON'T CARE" option to the poll...

this arguement is as stale as old bread

Yeah... Why can't people just take something more original, like who changed into Cyclonus...
*gets wacked*

Stormbringer
2002-01-28, 01:47 PM
Yah, the whole lot of em died on that ship! Eh, they were old, they had to make way for new blood like Rodimus Prime and Wheelie.
It was pretty amazing how easily they went down though considering I've seen episodes where Autobots have taken a bigger pounding and got straight back up (Though I thought Prowl's death was particularly cool! :D

Brawns dead and gone, lets move on with our lives :)

Jetfire
2002-01-28, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Stormbringer
Yah, the whole lot of em died on that ship! Eh, they were old, they had to make way for new blood like Rodimus Prime and Wheelie.

And people say change is a bad thing:rolleyes: