PDA

View Full Version : New Hasbro Q&A 01 July 2004 - LOL!

Nevermore
2004-07-01, 04:57 PM
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/energon/pl/ID.1068/PAGE.news/dn/default.cfm

Q: When will the TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS Jeep Wrangler hit store shelves?

A: AUTOBOT HOUND, the Jeep Wrangler is shipping now and should begin to hit store shelves in the next few weeks.

Wow, Hasbro...

http://members.nuvox.net/~sfagan/funny/old/old3.jpg

:laugh:

Bombshell
2004-07-01, 05:27 PM
And now you know why I didn't post this, despite the fact that I saw it an hour ago.

Dead Man Wade
2004-07-01, 05:49 PM
Wow.

That was probably about as worthless as the 'Where can I get Transformers convention exclusives?' thing.

Ultimate Weapon
2004-07-01, 10:56 PM
The way I see it, is that Nevermore just made fun of himself by posting old news.

Bombshell
2004-07-01, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
The way I see it, is that Nevermore just made fun of himself by posting old news.

Well, it's not old news...to Hasbro, anyways.

Preda-bot
2004-07-01, 11:46 PM
DAMN YOU HASBRO!?! STOP POSTING OLD AND WORTHLESS NEWS
AND GIVE US SOMEHING NEW!!! Like comfiring those proto would be
nice.

Nevermore
2004-07-02, 08:41 AM
Firing who?:confused:

Preda-bot
2004-07-03, 12:01 AM
mistype confirming

Denyer
2004-07-03, 12:07 AM
It isn't a good idea for Hasbro to keep people informed via their product website? Most people who visit aren't us. They don't follow developments on a dozen different sites.

Bombshell
2004-07-03, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Denyer
Most people who visit aren't us. They don't follow developments on a dozen different sites.

They should. It's not that hard.

Denyer
2004-07-03, 01:10 AM
For that matter, a lot of the audience aren't fans themselves. They're friends or relatives—Hasbro just want to capture the audience gained by, say, typing "Hound Alternator" into Google. No idea if they succeed, but they can't be accused of withholding product info—and if any fanboys are reading, withholding information about (often stolen) prototypes is a whole different thing, business-wise.

Nevermore
2004-07-03, 08:48 AM
Yeah, but the Q&A section should be for frequently asked questions about the products - sure the "toy XY should be available now" kind of stuff could be included elsewhere?

Reminds me of some fan mail reprinted in a German Punisher issue where someone asks "When will character XY return?", and the answer is "As you might have already seen, he returned in this issue!" That's just... pointless. They could put up a "toys that are in stores now" section on their site instead of answering a question for a single toy in their Q&A section...

As someone at TFans said: Next week we're gonna see "Q: What company currently manufactures TRANSFORMERS toys?

A: HASBRO is currently the leading market company for TRANSFORMERS, as well as the WORLD-WIDE supplier of stock. We have heard rumors of a rogue company in Japan trying to copy our products, but we cannot confirm or DENY this RUMOR."

Denyer
2004-07-03, 04:04 PM
I'm betting it's been an extremely frequently asked question, though, and the toy hasn't reached distribution in a lot of places.

Responding is better for a company than not responding.

Bombshell
2004-07-03, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
I'm betting it's been an extremely frequently asked question, though, and the toy hasn't reached distribution in a lot of places.

And that's why I believe this gets away with acting like it's some kind of news.

RID Scourge
2004-07-03, 06:44 PM
This area's a few months behind usually, which is funny, considering that Hasbro's in RI (I believe-not exactly sure), which is the state right below us.

Preda-bot
2004-07-03, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Nevermore

As someone at TFans said: Next week we're gonna see "Q: What company currently manufactures TRANSFORMERS toys?

A: HASBRO is currently the leading market company for TRANSFORMERS, as well as the WORLD-WIDE supplier of stock. We have heard rumors of a rogue company in Japan trying to copy our products, but we cannot confirm or DENY this RUMOR."

I'll have a heart attack if that ever show up on the Q&A. Lucky, hasbro won't
try to pull that off.

Big Boss
2004-07-04, 08:32 PM
What is it with Transformers now? Does America (Hasbro) still own it or is it owned by Japan (Takara) now?

Nevermore
2004-07-04, 09:58 PM
To my knowledge, the Transformers have ALWAYS been the property of Takara, with Hasbro only being a license holder. Or is it a shared property? Not 100% sure about that. However, Hasbro has at no point been the sole owner of the Transformers trademark.