Nevermore
2005-01-30, 09:38 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread66790.html

No pics yet.

edit:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread66866.html

the_escaflowne_2k
2005-01-30, 02:53 PM
Can't wait to see what it is, plus as Windcharger is on general release in the UK it should mean that the repaint should also be released (hopefully) which will be cool.

Sir Auros
2005-01-30, 03:41 PM
Guess I should've ordered two of those replacement gun barrels...

RUNAMOK
2005-01-30, 04:10 PM
eny geuses who the remold could be?

Transfannabeel
2005-01-30, 06:34 PM
A yellow windcharger remold. Wonder who it could be.

Rookwise
2005-01-30, 09:07 PM
Yellow remold
Hmmmm
Dragstrip ???
Bumblebee :eyebrow: :laugh: (can't see that one)

The only other one I can think of is Sunstreaker (hope not)

RID Scourge
2005-01-31, 03:20 AM
That's cool. If it's a Decepticon, I'll get the takara version, since they have the long barrel.

just get the massage...

Yes, please. I could use one on those days when my left shoulder acts up.

Nevermore
2005-01-31, 11:03 AM
It is a Decepticon.

A Decepticon without a gun.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread66866.html

Halfshell
2005-01-31, 12:18 PM
Yellow! I hope it's called Rumble. Just to complicate things even more.

I'm serious.

Knightdramon
2005-01-31, 01:36 PM
As one of the members noticed there...

doesn't his head remind anyone of Megatron? He looks almost the same, although...Megs in yellow, with two shields...never.

Except for the head, it looks like Dragstrip is the second stunticon to be reborn [I thought it was going to be breakdown ala wheeljack but...even takara plays games with us]

RID Scourge
2005-01-31, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Nevermore
A Decepticon without a gun.

Now, that's just lame. I'm guessing this is just the US version. I hope the Japanese one has the gun.

Sir Auros
2005-01-31, 03:27 PM
I may seriously consider waiting for the BT version...or I may just get a repro part for this one too.

I also think the head looks like Megatron, but I'd be surprised if they did make a yellow Megatron.

Denyer
2005-01-31, 03:58 PM
The guy's reliable, but the paint looks a bit weird in the photos.

Nice redesign.

Could this be a deliberate misinformation, and we're seeing Megatron? The head is, as said, very Megs-ish...

Sir Auros
2005-01-31, 05:07 PM
Weird as in like it's been photoshopped or done poorly to mislead us or weird as in it's just weird to see a paintjob that's made to look dirty?

2005-01-31, 05:15 PM
personally i think it looks awesome. the dirty paint job totally rocks!!! besides, racecares aren't supposed to look all clean after a run. i would have perferred smokescreen to be a little dirty too since he is a rally car and drives on dirt tracks. hopefully it gets named dragstrip, i can't really imagine anything else. gonna have to get 2 gun barrels though. Awesome re-tool!

Denyer
2005-01-31, 05:16 PM
The grain looks a bit digital... so does the logo, but I think that's just the light and the cut-n-paste job that's been done on the background. The 'dirt' will probably be more understated in-hand.

Nevermore
2005-01-31, 05:24 PM
P.Prime is 100% reliable. He provided us first looks at countless new toys.

About the "dirty" look, that might be one of Hasbro's "THIS IS NOT A FINISHED TOY" markers.

Denyer
2005-01-31, 05:48 PM
Anyone can be reliable until they're fed disinformation. If this did turn out to be Megatron, I could see how there'd be a bit more security than normal...

I hope they don't change the colours, personally. I prefer this to Windcharger in some ways, although it's annoying that the releases are staggered (especially in the UK) so that it's difficult to pick and choose which version of a mould you pick up.

Sir Auros
2005-01-31, 05:57 PM
I like the dirt effects, but the yellow just doesn't do much for me. I'd be more interested in something like Silverstreak's paintjob or something a little darker and Decepticonesque.

Denyer
2005-01-31, 06:13 PM
Wouldn't fit Drag Strip very well, would it? Which 'Con would you assign to the mould, with that colour scheme?

Halfshell
2005-01-31, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
Wouldn't fit Drag Strip very well, would it? Which 'Con would you assign to the mould, with that colour scheme?

Barrage, Weirdwolf, Detour. Works for me as Drap Strip. But I do so hope it's Rumble...

Denyer
2005-01-31, 06:57 PM
I was thinking more who'd fit with a darker colour or silver.

Weirdwolf?!

Halfshell
2005-01-31, 07:04 PM
Ah, right. Read the entire thread, Brend.

Weirdwolf's yellow...

Of course we could be swerved entirely on it. A good chunk of the Tracks BTs are yellow, whilst half the Meisters are red... just because this one's yellow doesn't mean all of them will be.

Sir Auros
2005-01-31, 07:04 PM
Well, the silver would obviously work well for old bullethead, but I can't think of a specific Decepticon who'd fit with something dark. Would be more pleasing to the eyes than yellow and we already have Swindle for our yellow Decepticon needs.

Rumble or Frenzy would certainly fit with darker colors.

Denyer
2005-01-31, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Sir Auros
we already have Swindle for our yellow Decepticon needs. He's more of a tan colour, and he'd be on the reserve list even if I was trying to collect the set of Alternators...

I don't particularly like rally driving, but they're a bit more interesting than some of the single-colour "road legal" designs.

Rumble would be interesting, but Windcharger is already black and red. Lilac... eh, I dunno. And there's already quite a few red and blue designs.

Because the 'Con ranks have black, yellow, yellow it seems odd now, but there'll be more released. And there's numerous reds amongst the 'Bots.

Halfshell
2005-01-31, 09:47 PM
ecause the 'Con ranks have black, yellow, yellow it seems odd now, but there'll be more released.

Black (Dead End)
Yellow (Swindle)
Black (Jaguar)
Blue-ish (Shocklaserblastwave)
Yellow (whoever this is)

To be pedantic... which I always find fun. ;)

Baxter
2005-01-31, 10:36 PM
It's a nice piece, but the "dirt" effects scream one thing to me, street drag racer.

Something straight out of The Fast and the Furious. :rolleyes:

Sir Auros
2005-01-31, 11:54 PM
He's more of a tan colour, and he'd be on the reserve list even if I was trying to collect the set of Alternators...

He may look tan in photos, but I can assure you that he's quite yellow.

Transfannabeel
2005-02-01, 12:11 AM
Wow! I really like this remold. I'm going to be buying thsi one for sure.

DEVATICUS-PRIME
2005-02-01, 12:12 AM
Well first off look at the decals on this cybertronian tires or something like that. Come on look at smokescreen not one of his decals is bogus. These cars are modeled after existing cars right and existing companys. I would have to say it's a good photo job or a really good kit bash either way it does look good

Denyer
2005-02-01, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by The HeartBrend Kid
Black (Jaguar)
Blue-ish (Shocklaserblastwave) Was thinking Drag Strip lined up with those Auros can lay hands on in his neck of the woods. Is kitty out?

But yeah, there's another black there, and Shockers isn't going to shake the palette up much.

Anyone reckon we'll see a racing green in the line? Orange cars aren't seen much, either, and this emphasis on red/blue/black/silver is going to make things pretty dull if they keep sticking to single-colour designs for the most part. Unless we get some non-car designs, anyway.

Ultimate Weapon
2005-02-01, 12:40 AM
I can't think of any orange Transformer cars off-hand. Technobots?

Denyer
2005-02-01, 12:51 AM
There's a bloody awful G2 one, IIRC. Might have been called 'Gobots' or 'Skram'... can't remember exactly, and tfu.info has no bandwidth until tomorrow.

Rookwise
2005-02-01, 12:59 AM
There's a bloody awful G2 one, IIRC. Might have been called 'Gobots' or 'Skram'... can't remember exactly, and tfu.info has no bandwidth until tomorrow.

Axelerator Windbreaker (was the figures US name. Can't remember its UK name) was orange in G2

Clay
2005-02-01, 01:04 AM
Maybe we can have the Hardee's car again. What was his name... Windbreaker or something?

EDIT: Great minds think alike, I guess... :D

Reflector
2005-02-01, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Rookwise
Axelerator Windbreaker (was the figures US name. Can't remember its UK name) was orange in G2

Aye, as was Gobots. I think the Euro one was red...

Greaser was orange too. And Backstreet. Hasbro knows how the fans have been foaming for an Alternators Backstreet.

The head is, as said, very Megs-ish...

Yep, but don't forget Dead End and Swindle. Too early to say much, I think.

Anyhow, Dragstrip/Who-Have-You looks sweet. It might just be that specific picture, but he looks much better proportioned than Windcharger. I'm certainly waiting for this one.

(As an abrupt aside to Auros' stump obsession - is it unreasonable to think that Windcharger, being given deliberate upgrades in his new body, would be granted an external magnetic field projector so as to quit knocking himself out? Can't say why this guy has no gun [and I sure hope that changes] not knowing the character, but I do hope my supposition can quell the neurosis a little. ;) )

Rookwise
2005-02-01, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Reflector
Aye, as was Gobots. I think the Euro one was red...

The only TF I remember with the name Gobots was part of the baby pre school TF line which was red and blue/green.

The Windbreaker figure I'm thinking of came out alongside Rapido, Zap, Tornado, Snipe/Afterburner, Terradive etc just before G1 ended. They were repackaged when G2 started.

Windbreaker's name was slightly different in the UK but I can't remember what it was. I used to have the figure as well.

Sir Auros
2005-02-01, 02:57 AM
Some pictures of Windbreaker here (http://tfarchive.com/toys/generationtwo/g2_windbreaker.php) ..

Rookwise
2005-02-01, 04:18 AM
@ Sir Auros

Thanks. Thats the one I'm thinking of. What was its UK name ?

Brimstone
2005-02-01, 09:20 AM
So...thinking about possible "original" Autobots this was supposed to be (aside from the ones already mentioned). It does have a bit of a Bumper look to it. Also, it seems to share some similarities to Blurr (minus the head crown thing). But both of those have the helmet thing and a chin block...although only Bumper has a visor.

Of course...comparing it to Windcharger (G1) this head looks more like Windcharger than Alt Windcharger's does. :)

Fizzle is another interesting choice...but all it really has is the forehead visor thing.

Of course...there's always the fact that the body looks just like Counterpunch. heh heh

Nevermore
2005-02-01, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by DEVATICUS-PRIME
Well first off look at the decals on this cybertronian tires or something like that. Come on look at smokescreen not one of his decals is bogus. These cars are modeled after existing cars right and existing companys. I would have to say it's a good photo job or a really good kit bash either way it does look good

*sigh*

This is coming from P.Prime, who
a) brought us "first looks" at Shockblast, in-package Ravage, in-package Windcharger, in-package Wheeljack, in-package Shockblast and many, many other prototypes, test shots and leaked in-package samples
b) should really, really know the difference between a kitbash and a genuine proto.

I really love how with every new proto, there's always someone who insists it's fake, despite it coming from the same source as the previous ones.

Speaking of, there are more "easter egg" decals:

"Thrust Power"
"Dinotron Racing Fuel"
"Hyperlinq Racing"
"Cybertronian Radials"
"Destron Oil"

Originally posted by Brimstone
Of course...comparing it to Windcharger (G1) this head looks more like Windcharger than Alt Windcharger's does. :)

Please don't attempt to compare of Alt Windcharger's head to G1 Windcharger. His Japanese name is "Overdrive", because that's who he is supposed to.

Brimstone
2005-02-01, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Nevermore
Please don't attempt to compare of Alt Windcharger's head to G1 Windcharger. His Japanese name is "Overdrive", because that's who he is supposed to. No s**t Sherlock. I said the head on "Dragstrip" looks more like the head of G1 Windcharger than Alt Windcharger's head did...digging on the fact that they should have stuck with Overdrive for the Alternator name because he looks nothing like G1 Windcharger (which, as you pointed out, is because the head was obviously sculpted after G1 Overdrive).

Do you always have to be so condescending? :(

Tempest
2005-02-01, 01:31 PM
If it is Drag-Strip then it would mean that both him and Dead-End are re-paints of cars that were originally red!

"OMG'ed itz de conspircy theory!"

Looks kick ass if you ask me.

If it me or is the gun/shield different from the Windcharger one? The WC one had the ltwo little bump were the barrel was supposed to be, this one doesn't have it. And if you askm me it does look like a weapon ... kinda like phaser weapon ...

dedicon
2005-02-01, 01:31 PM
Um,back to topic, I usually hate yellow in my Tfs, but this one is awsome. I don't care if this is Megatron, Dragstrip,Gobot,Dark Bumblebee, Swindle revisted, Yasser Arafat, Muhamad Kadafi or Kicker.

He looks awsome and that's that! Thus, he shall enter my collection....YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSs

EDIT: This was written before Tempest posted. Apperantly, he got back to topic before i did.:eyebrow:

RID Scourge
2005-02-01, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Tempest
If it me or is the gun/shield different from the Windcharger one? The WC one had the ltwo little bump were the barrel was supposed to be, this one doesn't have it. And if you askm me it does look like a weapon ... kinda like phaser weapon ...

Nope. He's just holding it backwards. The bumps are still there.

Nevermore
2005-02-01, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by RID Scourge
Nope. He's just holding it backwards. The bumps are still there.

Exactly.

Cliffjumper
2005-02-01, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Rookwise
@ Sir Auros

Thanks. Thats the one I'm thinking of. What was its UK name ?

Zap, IIRC.

Sir Auros
2005-02-01, 09:53 PM
If they'd just remold the damn engine, it wouldn't look so ridiculous, but the fact that a part is very clearly missing is what's really lame...though not having a weapon at all isn't much cooler.

AsteriskPrime
2005-02-02, 08:12 PM
I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but for those of you in anticipation to find out who it is, expect to be sorely disappointed if this is accurate.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=pr276

Rookwise
2005-02-02, 08:24 PM
Alternators - Decepticharge - S2000

:confused: :confused: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :confused:

Who was called this in G1 ???? I don't remember seeing anyone by that name before.

malcos
2005-02-02, 08:26 PM
That is one seriously crap name - I pray to god that it isn't true.

Dead Man Wade
2005-02-02, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by AsteriskPrime
I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but for those of you in anticipation to find out who it is, expect to be sorely disappointed if this is accurate.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=pr276

It's BBTS. At this point, it doesn't matter what they put up, I'm not believing it until it's posted somewhere a little more reliable.

Roadstripe
2005-02-02, 09:05 PM
Quoth Rookwise:
Alternators - Decepticharge - S2000

:confused: :confused: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :confused:

Who was called this in G1 ???? I don't remember seeing anyone by that name before.

No one was. It's probably meant to be short for "Decepticon Wingcharger". This only means that BBTS doesn't know the name either.

DEVATICUS-PRIME
2005-02-03, 04:01 AM
Look I'm not saying P. Prime is wrong I. I like the look of it but based on this line of T.F.'s they are supposed to be earth based companys and earth based cars. I personally have never bought cybertronian tires or destron oil for my vehicle. I like it, I like alternators, I just don't believe they would start making up names for companies that don't exist.

Nevermore
2005-02-03, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by DEVATICUS-PRIME
I like it, I like alternators, I just don't believe they would start making up names for companies that don't exist.

Take a close look at Side Swipe's, Dead End's, Hound's or Swindle's tires then...

AsteriskPrime
2005-02-03, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by fort_max
It's BBTS. At this point, it doesn't matter what they put up, I'm not believing it until it's posted somewhere a little more reliable.

I did say "if," did I not?

Brimstone
2005-02-03, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Roadstripe
No one was. It's probably meant to be short for "Decepticon Wingcharger". This only means that BBTS doesn't know the name either. I think Roadstripe hit this nail squarely on the head.

BBTS is just trying to be clever. :)

DEVATICUS-PRIME
2005-02-04, 12:37 AM
Sorry Nevermore point taken and conceded. I'm kinda upset, I was really into them not making stuff up but I guess you can't pay eveyone for there indorsment. Well looking forward to seeing this model