PDA

View Full Version : [OOC] Talking Point - Redemption Aftermath

AWF Press Office
2005-03-09, 01:11 PM
Our February PPV is in the books (albeit the books published in March), and this is your chance to tell us what you thought.

Hark back to your predictions in the other thread... what did you get right, what did you get horribly wrong?

And don't forget to vote in our Redemption Match of the Night poll!

(blah blah, strictly ooc, blah blah, hairdrier in the bath, blah)

Galvatron91
2005-03-10, 12:18 AM
I know this is out of character, but I would like to personally take a moment and thank the writer of my match. It was one of the best written matches that I feel my character has been involved with in some time. The restarts, the flow, the reversals and most of all, the ending...all very well done and an excellent conclusion to a feud with a great opponent like Divebomb...

Also, to the staff members of the AWF who give up their time without much compensation, thank you for your hard work. We had some unexpected snags hit us here with the last ppv and that is bound to happen. I believe we have the best staff we have ever had with the AWF. We are more organized than we have ever been. You guys rock.

To the members of the AWF, I want to thank you for your devotion and your patience. I know sometimes that angles come up that you don't always like, but understand that we are trying to push certain storylines. We devote the most time to the people who put the most in. So for all of you who stick with us, thank you...and bring some friends! :)

that concludes my touchy-feely crap...I will now resume kicking all your asses!

Tempest
2005-03-10, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Galvatron91
that concludes my touchy-feely crap...I will now resume kicking all your asses!

Kudos Erik, Kudos.

I would like to say that the last PPV was outstanding piece of work by the staff and they all did a great job.

Personally I'm glad how my match turned out. Me and Brave Maxx began at the AWF at the same time and it'll be good fueding with him again, if the bugger shows up in here of course ;).

Of course there was the thong thing from before hand. I know of several members that still get a kick out of that.

Onto Archivemania IV!!

Amarant Odinson
2005-03-10, 04:48 AM
I would also like to thank whoever wrote my match. It was good to see that it wasn't a squash and while I didn't win the match, I think that it did help to elevate me. I'm glad that some of the writers are getting what my character is all about and that's defintely showing in some of the recent matches. Excellent job all around and Archivemainia IV should prove to be interesting.

Divebomb
2005-03-10, 05:07 AM
That was a great show filled with lots of great matches and just like Erik I just want to say to the writer of our match, that you did one hell of a job and it was a great match.

Sixswitch
2005-03-10, 11:37 AM
The writing style in the four way match was different than what I've seen before. I liked it very much though. The writer took care to let everyone know what was going on, in what could otherwise have been a confusing match to read. Well done.

-GB

Ravage
2005-03-10, 01:09 PM
I voted for the World Championchip match. But I could have went with either the 4way, IC or World bout. All were top notch.

CloudStrifer
2005-03-10, 01:45 PM
Yes, I agree with everyone. While I lost, you wacky writers took my belt away in style!

Every thing was cool!

Shockmeister
2005-03-10, 04:58 PM
I voted for the Hardcore Title match for...personal reasons, I suppose you could say.

But to the matter at hand; that was quite excellent indeed, Anonymous Writing Monkeys. Kudos, and please keep it up.

Random Sweep
2005-03-10, 05:18 PM
A pity you can't vote against matches really.

Thundercracker
2005-03-10, 05:49 PM
everybody did good work on this show, i especially liked my match, as well as the game/divebomb match. good job all

Baxter
2005-03-10, 06:03 PM
Brilliant job on the
Pay Per View. My vote goes to
I. C. Title Bout.

-Predaking-
2005-03-10, 07:07 PM
I think the writing has improved immensely since I was last here. Kudos to all the writers. I like how my match went.. thankfully it's not a squash match even though I am now at the bottom of the pecking order. ;)

Ignavus
2005-03-10, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Shockmeister
I voted for the Hardcore Title match for...personal reasons, I suppose you could say.

But to the matter at hand; that was quite excellent indeed, Anonymous Writing Monkeys. Kudos, and please keep it up.

EG: I have incriminating photos of him...

with a monkey...

and a squirrel.

Shockmeister
2005-03-10, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Ignavus
with a monkey...
Really? 'Cuz I thought that was...YOUR MOM!

Oh God, I'm turning into him. Excuse me whilst I throw myself upon G91's Sacrificial Banning Halberd.

Cyberstrike nTo
2005-03-21, 04:53 PM
OOC: It was an ok show not greatest nor the worst.
The truth is that I find myself bored out of my mind with my character's direction: he loses every freaking match.
Well after awhile that gets boring as hell. I know and accept the fact that nobody wins them all but come on guys is it
asking too much for my character to win a few matches? I'm not wanting a winning streak like Goldberg had in WCW because that
gets old too. I want my character to win and lose like everybody else here does.

CloudStrifer
2005-03-21, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
The truth is that I find myself bored out of my mind with my character's direction: he loses every freaking match.
Well after awhile that gets boring as hell. I know and accept the fact that nobody wins them all but come on guys is it
asking too much for my character to win a few matches? I'm not wanting a winning streak like Goldberg had in WCW because that
gets old too. I want my character to win and lose like everybody else here does.

You came here agian in what a month? Expect to lose a few more because thats what we all did. And Frankly your characters direction is gone, I don't know at all what the hell your supposed to be. Your another jobber to me and I can't see you in any other role unless you make your character into something, other than a rich boy. I have gone this whole thing and I have to say even though my character lost, I had fun with the angles and even won some matches. So here is my advice. Get a better character, get a better angle and keep at it because whining won't get you anywhere.

Extreme_Kup
2005-03-22, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Ignavus
EG: I have incriminating photos of him...

with a monkey...

and a squirrel.

OOC: :eek: ............a squirrell? Oh poor Judge Death :(
Anyways I picked the IC title match, it was good :)

Galvatron91
2005-03-22, 12:51 AM

Hard to win a match when you spend more time coming up with crazy ideas involving your character in absurd situations and less time actually working with the feuds we book. You had a chance to have a feud with a top level face and did nothing with it. You made no real effort to give the writers any reason to look at your character with any seriousness. How about for once instead of pouting, you actually put in some effort and work with the feuds that present themselves to your character?

Vin Ghostal
2005-03-22, 06:49 PM
Hard to win a match when you spend more time coming up with crazy ideas involving your character in absurd situations and less time actually working with the feuds we book. You had a chance to have a feud with a top level face and did nothing with it. You made no real effort to give the writers any reason to look at your character with any seriousness. How about for once instead of pouting, you actually put in some effort and work with the feuds that present themselves to your character?

Why do I feel like this paragraph should be posted at the top of the forum, just despite the fact that it was posted by a blockhead?

Cyberstrike nTo
2005-03-23, 10:07 PM

OOC: You do have a point maybe I could've done more in the feud with Y3B but between a terriable thing called a life that keeps me tied up with some very nasty personal problems and when the outcome is so damn predictale it's kind of hard to keep my creative enegry high enough to anything intresting for my character to say when I KNOW that the writers will have my character lose.
Simply put I'm bored with the losing streak that my character is in
that's in a nutshell.
For my character since my return its been lose, lose, lose, and lose some more well I'm sorry that's boring as Hell for me.
*The following is my attempt at satire*
But I do know how to fix this problem!
Lets try having my character win a few matches here and there!
*satire ends*

You see, Erik, I don't want to lose or win all the time; I want to have BOTH wins and losses!
Mix it up some wins and losses more and I'll stop "pouting" (which I'm not from my point of veiw btw) I'm just giving you some much needed advice.

As too spending all my time coming up with crazy ideas and absurd situlations for my character I hate to tell but that's 100%
complete and total BS!
I haven't the time lately to come up with any ideas good, bad, or crazy for the AWF.
The last idea I had was the smashing attempt of the AWF World title belt and that was meant as a way to vent some anger (I was mad at my offline life) if I had known the staff was going to use it I would never sent the idea to you in the first place.
Hell I can count on hand and still have fingers left over the number of times I posted in this forum or sent anybody a pm in the last 60 days.
You see I let you guys come up with all the crazy ideas and absurd situlations that my character have been in as of late.

Also it would be nice if you guys would bring back the previews that ppl can trash talk in I do sort miss those threads.

As I said elsewhere if you don't like my answers, advice, or opinions then don't post these kinds of topics.

StoneCold Skywarp
2005-03-23, 10:57 PM
you bore me
:wtf: :\ :nonono:

Ignavus
2005-03-23, 11:55 PM
Then don't post these kind of threads anymore?

>head explodes<

Writers go to a lot of hard work, and things like this are fun to see afterwards. This way, say DBomb could mock G91 and say "hey, my match got way more votes than yours, sucka!" It's fun. Making fun of people is fun. Especially when it's G91 (just kidding, I love you... please don't smite me).

Just because they open up a public forum, doesn't mean you can use it to air private grievances. They've said it a hundred times - use PMs. Seriously, no reason for you to be doing this again.

Oh, and just for clarification, this is satire:

Ignavus stands on a soap box in the middle of a crowded street. He has a bull horn. Xille is next to him. He looks angry.

"Hey, X! Did your sister clear up that case of VD? 'Cause that was really gross. I mean, I know she's hot and all... but she should really see a doctor about that."

Xille
2005-03-24, 12:41 AM
Isn't this more along the lines of satire?

RJA: Well, America, you've seen their performances... each of these five wrestlers has just performed for you here on stage... now it's time for you to vote.

Text 5555 if you want to vote for Igz.
<A clip is shown of Igz performing "Hit Me Baby, One More Time">

Text 5556 if you want to vote for Xille.
<Xille is shown singing "The Rainbow Connection">

Text 5557 if you want to vote for Judge Death.
<JD's clip shows him merely hissing at the audience>

Text 5558 if you want to vote for Scarecrow.
<Scarecrow performs Tupac's "Changes", complete with a thug look>

Text 5559 if you want to vote for Baxter.
<Baxter tries, but is unable to turn his haikus into songs>

We'll find out tomorrow who's leaving the couch, and who is one step closer to being crowned the AWF Idol winner.

Ignavus
2005-03-24, 12:58 AM
I truly, truly wish I didn't get the reference.

I'm going to kick you next time I see you.

EDIT: Also, you wish you were cool enough to pull off the rainbow connection.

Divebomb
2005-03-24, 02:01 AM
You know Back, like you said. You can count the number of times you have posted and PM'd people in the last 60 days on your fingers. So that really doesn't give us much to work with and I have seen some of the PM's you have sent out and I have got to tell you that they are a little out there. But the thing is they are always the same as the ones you have sent before. I have been here for along time now and over the years your ideas have always had to do with you being among the top of the fed and I have to tell you that it really doesn't work.

Now I know you have been on a losing streak but what do you expect to happen when; 1. You come back after leaving the way you did and then 2. go straight after the biggest guns in this fed. I have watched your character since he got back and the only out there feud you have had was the one with Blaster. I mean sure you knew you would lose but it was what you wanted, a feud with one of the top guns. I mean they tried to set you up with Scarecrow as a tag team, but you went out of your way to break that up.

So now this is where we are. You are complaining about losing and don't like where your character is. Well you have a striaght up feud with Scarecrow going now so run with it. You may not think he's in your league but remember, now that you have come back, you are staring at the bottom of the fed again. You have a second chance at this place, so start fresh and just enjoy the fact that you can participate.

That all this was meant to be in the first place. So relax.

Galvatron91
2005-03-24, 02:10 AM
Shall we run down the list that is your stupid ideas Strike? Wait...no...I don't have all night.

You know what, I'm going to lay it on the line for you. If you don't post because of whatever reason, the writers who get your matches probably aren't going to have you win. This isn't rocket science. Pull your head out of your ass, take out a small loan and go buy a freaking clue! When you start actually posting like other players around here, you'll win a match...until then, accept the fact that you're probably going to end up on the short end of things. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Tempest
2005-03-24, 02:20 AM
KNOW

No you don't. You know its going to be Friday tomorrow,you know that you had a pulse of 57 in the last minute, you know your name, you know your family.

You do NOT know how every single match is going to turn out. As of late I've been doing the same thing as you, jack sh!t, no promo's no real smack talk, no nothing and it's shown for it. I've lost nearly every single match in the last 3 months. But who gives a flying one? This E-Fed was created to have fun, we come on here and smack talk to each other, the better the talk, the better your chances. The Bookers and writers have pulled some spectacular stuff out in the last couple of months, and I bet you KNEW it was going to happen.

I was talking to one of the writers not to long ago about one of my upcoming fueds and I said the EXACT same thing as you. Afterward I realised I was an asshat and realised anything can happen.

Give me a break Strike. If you have a busy offline life then thats fine. If you can't come online, thats fine. But try and do something when you can. But the bookers and writers have had a real hard time of late to get the shows up, cause guess what? They've got real lifes as well. They try hard to keep 30 odd characters going at once. So just remember next time you decided to rant about you not winning at all, just remember this:

"**** off."

EDIT: Wow, three anti Strike posts. Makes ya think ...