Where vessels glide
in silky waves and of gold
deep in the gulf such planet lies

Surrounded by this universe
of love and hate
confusion breaks through and dwells.

Cast a spell, from the old magic book.
Scatter pearls, in the black magic box,
something strange will happen, it will take you so far.
So try...We can fly, we have wings, we can touch floating dreams.
Call me from so far through the wind in the light.

Someone came from the dark over from the stars.
Protecting my heart from crying.
Taken back by surprise my traveller returned.
What went wrong? Why did he change?

The Dai Atlas Shuttle had just finished it's third massive accelleration, this time around Neptune. Using the massive Gas Giant to continue their accelleration out of the Sol system. With a quick burn and adjustment, Dai Atlas pointed them on an intercept course with Nebulos. At current speed, it would take them several days to reach the planet. But Dai Atlas knew that things were a little differnet once they reached open space. With out gravity or solar wind affecting things, he would be able to cut that time in half.

The G forces subsided and his enertia dampeners sighed in relief. He activated the artificial gravity in the shuttle and his voice came over the comm:

"We're leaving the Sol System. It'll be several hours before I need to do another burn like that, so feel free to move around and what not. I'll inform you before the next one."

Speeder hopped out of the Micro Master chair, and streched. His old joints popping and crackling at the hours of inactivity that went with leaving the Earth and traveling to the outer reaches of the solar system.

Warcry
2005-06-10, 08:02 AM
Hot Rod didn't get up. Instead, he stared out the nearest viewport. It had been a while, he realized, since he'd last seen the stars from a spacecraft. When he'd been Rodimus, he realized, he'd constantly been hopping from one planet to the next. At the time he hadn't given it much thought, but now that his duties kept him tied down to one planet for long stretches he realized how much he missed the travel.

I guess it's true what the humans say...you don't know how much you care about something until it's gone...

That phrase, he realized could be applied to more than one thing he had grown acustomed to in those days.

Recoil slowly stood, his stomach more than a little unsettled by the heavy Gs they'd been pulling.

Chromia
2005-06-10, 11:25 AM
Chromia leaned back in her chair and smiled. She loved flying.

Sometimes I wish I had flight capability....To be able to soar through space without needing a ship....

She scanned the cabin around her. Hot Rod was looking out the window as well as many of the others. Recoil had gotten up and was walking around. Bluestreak was.....

Well, he was still in his corner.

Since she now had a few days to kill, she took out a data pad and started to go over some old files.

Leaving the other femmes on the old outpost had given her more freedom than she was used to, even with having Blurr tag along. But, she still had responsibilities to attend to......

However....

She looked back over to where Bluestreak was muttering to himself about Praxus.

Praxus. She shuddered slightly as the memories came back. Luckily, she wasn't from Praxus and had been far away when the news came in about the attack.

But she had been one of the ones who had gone in after to help look for survivors......Only they never found any.

She put her file away and edged closer to him.

"Bluestreak? Are you okay?" She asked softly.

Heinrad
2005-06-14, 07:11 AM
Tracks yawned. It was the down side to interstellar travel, as far as he was concerned. It was boring. Driving was fun. Flying was fun. Getting a good detailing was certainly fun.

Part of him had been sorely tempted to volunteer for what he'd done the last time somebody was going on a long, interstellar trip. Unfortunately, the copying equipment and the crystal technology had long ago been lost.

So, he was stuck here.

On the up side, there was a whole planet full of people who hadn't yet been introduced to the beauty of his vehicle mode. This, of course, would soon be changed.

MirageHoundFan
2005-06-14, 02:09 PM
After a few moments of silence, the silver and black gunner slowly looked up at Chromia, a haunted look in his optics, then repeated "Couldn't save them, couldn't help them, shuttle exploded, fire and pain, just like back home"

Chromia
2005-06-14, 02:32 PM
Oh, this doesn't sound good for the mission....

Chromia looked at the younger bot with a combination of pity and shock.

She sat down next to Bluestreak and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I know. I remember what happened there. But what happened wasn't your fault. There was nothing you could have done. Trust me."

She smiled at him...

"Now, we need you to hold it together for the mission. Alright? I know it's hard, but I'm sure you'll do fine."

MirageHoundFan
2005-06-14, 02:44 PM
Bluestreak started shaking for a moment before he tensed like he was getting a grip on himself, then he reached over to give Chromia's hand a grateful squeeze and slowly rose to his feet, moving to take one of the proper seats.

Warcry
2005-06-15, 03:47 AM
Recoil headed over towards Spoilsport.

"Am I just getting old, or is this whole space travel thing a little bit rough on us Nebulans?"

Hot Rod shook his head, forcing away his reverie.

Standing, he headed towards the cockpit, to talk to Dai Atlas. Then, realizing how silly that was (the entire ship being Dai Atlas, and all...) he just called out generally.

"Dai, you don't happen to have a training droid onboard, do you?"

Brave Maximus
2005-06-15, 04:14 AM
Dai Atlas' voice came though the comm:

"I keep a few aboard. But they only get used in base mode. Considering the size of the space in here* - I doubt the others would apreciate you fighting on their laps."

Speeder looked over at Recoil:

"I think it's just part of getting old. Every time he does one of those high speed things, I feel my joints start to seize...."

*(OOC: Dai Atlas isn't all that big inside for shuttle mode. Think of him as a Leer Jet for Transformers.)

Chromia
2005-06-15, 04:32 AM
(ooc-I'm assuming everyone can hear the comm)

Chromia listened as Dai replied to Hot Rods question and smiled inwardly.

Kid's getting restless already. Well, at least we won't have to worry about him slacking off, I guess.

As Bluestreak wandered off to find a comfortable seat, she also overheard Speeder...

"Yeah, I know how you feel."

She said to him.

"I love to fly, but sometimes the takeoff's are a real pain."

Random Sweep
2005-06-15, 06:52 AM
Spoilsport gave a friendly chuckle at Recoil's question.

" Well you ARE getting old " Spoilsport joked " But lets just say that I hope there isn't too many more high G burns like that again ".

Sureshot nodded as Hotrod asked about the training droids.

" I know what you mean. I could use a little target practice " Sureshot said " But I don't think Dai wants a few new veiw holes hehe "

Sixswitch
2005-06-15, 09:00 PM
On Nebulos

A sleek blue and white craft hovered over an enormous dig site. It looked more like a quarry than an archeological excavation, but such was the extent of the ruins that were being unearthed, such large scale digging was necessary.

Below the craft, a team of Nebulons were attaching cables to a huge rock. The other ends of the cables were attached to the craft above.

"This is so demeaning, for someone such as myself," Highbrow grumbled.
"Yeah, well you're lucky to be here at all," the Nebulon in the cockpit replied with a smile.
"Lucky? As if there was any doubt that I would be here."
"Doubt? You called the head of the Nebulos Science Academy a half-witted buffoon. You're lucky you're not stuck polishing the N'yato Messa."
"Well he is a half-witted buffoon."

"You'll get no arguement from me," Gort replied with a grin. If he were honest with himself, Highbrow's outburst had come as something of a relief. The man in question was one of those academics all too convinced of their own superiority.

"It was so much easier when we were fighting the hive," he thought, but immediately felt sickened by the thought. That wasn't true. Many of his friends... Many of his family had died in the rebellion. But at least back then he had been active. He'd been granted a seat on the Council for his role in the rebellion, which had meant long hours of sitting on his rear, being bored.

It had at least been useful in finding out about this dig though. Ever since he'd met the Autobots, and become a Headmaster, he had been fascinated by the Transformers, and Highbrow, with his enormous penchant for talking, coupled with a vast knowledge of Cybertronian history had proven a goldmine for his eager mind. And now, the possibility was that ancient Cybertronians had come to Nebulos, and he was here, at the dig. Despite Highbrow's complaints, Gort knew that his partner was happy to be here too.

"Haul away," came a crackling voice over the radio.

Slowly, Highbrow's rotors hoisted the heavy weight below out and away, revealing a perfectly round hole, that descended into the bowels of the earth. Nebulon scientists had been unable to figure out the purpose of the hole when it first showed up on their seismic scans, and hoped that the imminent arrival of a team of Autobots from Cybertron would shed some light on the mystery. Gort, on the other hand, hoped that he'd get to reunite with some old friends, and comrades.

Warcry
2005-06-16, 03:48 AM
Hot Rod shrugged.

"If you say so, Dai. The Dinobots never minded that, though..."

He looked over his shoulder to Sureshot. "Our Nebulans wouldn't like it too much either. What with the suffocating and all."

Recoil shrugged to Spoilsport.

"I know what you mean. And unfortunately, unlike our Micromaster friend," he glanced back at Speeder, "I can't just get new joints plugged in when mine start to go."

Chromia
2005-06-16, 10:50 PM
Chromia went over and sat by Pincer.

She had pulled up several files on Nebulos before leaving, but had the feeling that she was....missing something. Not wanting to go into any situation unprepared, she decided to gather as much information before they landed.

"Excuse me, Pincer? Since you are the resident scientist, and seem to be very knowledgeable about this "Hive". Would you care on bringing me up to speed, so to speak?" Se asked him.

Brave Maximus
2005-06-19, 04:15 PM
"Alright Lady and Gentlemen," Dai Atlas' voice broke through the din of Conversation, "We've just cleared the system and are in open space. I'm prepairing for one final burn. Please take your seats - and I'll get us to Nebulos."

Once again, the shuttle started to rumble, as the main engines came online.

"Here we go again...." Speeder said, a bit dismaly...

Chromia
2005-06-19, 10:36 PM
Chromia leaned back in her chair as Dai advised.

"So.." She asked Pincer..."Exactly how far is it to Nebulos?"

Heinrad
2005-06-20, 06:42 AM
Tracks: -takes his seat, wondering how well maintained the Nebulan roads are-

Amarant Odinson
2005-06-20, 07:52 AM
Pincer braced himself for the burn and turned to Chromia.

"Actually, I've never been to Nebulos before. So I don't know much about the planet, the people, the Hive or how long it will take us to get there. The last of your questions will be answered when we arrive. As for your other questions, I'm just ready to absorb all of the knowledge possible.

While learning about the culture of the planet will be most benefical, I'm especially excited about what new and wonderous discoveries lay ahead in the Ancient Cybertronian temple."

MirageHoundFan
2005-06-21, 03:24 PM
Bluestreak turned to face away from the others, half-listening to what they were saying and staring out of the window, his whole body tense.

Chromia
2005-06-22, 03:22 PM
Chromia listened to Pincer's reply.

"I see. Well, do you have any theories yet? I mean, about who may have built it?"

Amarant Odinson
2005-06-22, 06:18 PM
Pincer answered back to Chormia.

" At this point in time, no. The only information that I've seen, is what Dai Atlas has given me to look over and right now, there just isn't enough evidence to support any hypothethis. We'll just have to wait see at what kind of evidence presents itself as we explore the site to get a better idea of what or who was involved in the temple's construction."

Brave Maximus
2005-06-23, 06:24 AM
"Enertia Dampeners to maximum. Artifcial Gravity off and power diverted to main engines. Here we go....."

The Main engines of Dai Atlas' shuttle mode flared brilliant white and the shuttle began to accelerate. The stars at the side of the shuttle began to blur as the shuttle found a tachion eddy (Tachions being a theoretical Faster-Than-Light particle, and the only way this massive ship is getting to Nebulos in the near future) and was dragged along, faster than light.

Inside the shuttle though, Speeder hadn't made it to his seat in time, talking a bit too much. He floated into the air when the Artificial Gravity cut out and started to fly backwards as Dai Atlas lurched forward:

"This isn't good......." was all that the Micro Master could get out....

Chromia
2005-06-23, 07:14 PM
Chromia was pushed back into her seat as the G-forces intensified. However, just out of the corner of her optics, she saw Speeder fly past.

She reached out as far as she could in an attemp to snag the micromaster.

"Hey! Speeder!"

Warcry
2005-06-24, 05:45 AM
Not having enough time to find a seat, Hot Rod grabbed an overhead beam and held on tight as Dai Atlas thrusted forwards.

Recoil managed to strap himself into a Micromaster-sized seat just before the shuttle's artificial gravity cut out, his face looking as if he was going to be sick.

MirageHoundFan
2005-06-25, 09:55 AM
Bluestreak glanced away from the window for a second, noting the lack of gravity due what had happened to the others and braced himself, leaning back into his seat, then turned his attention back outside.

Heinrad
2005-06-25, 03:49 PM
Tracks: -braces himself slightly, also reaches out a hand to help grab Speeder as he flies by-

Brave Maximus
2005-06-25, 08:58 PM
Speeder reached out his hands and grabbed Chromia and Tracks' hands. Floating verticle for a few moments, before Dai Atlas' voice broke through:

"We're exiting the Tachion Stream. I'm going to have to hit the reverse thrusters to avoid getting sucked into the gravity well. It's only going to be 2 - 2.5G's - so nothing big."

The ship's speed dropped, pretty much instantly. Speeder was thrown from his impression of Superman to the front of the cabin. He was unable to hold the other two transformers hands and hit the floor, rolling in a little ball. He finally stopped at the front of the cabin, upside down.

"Are we there yet?" Was all the Micro Master could say, in a ferlorn voice.

Chromia
2005-06-27, 03:05 AM
As the g-forces ramped down, Chromia got up out of her seat and went over to Speeder, who was still in a heap at the front of the cabin.

She picked him up, dusted him off and placed him on his feet.

"You alright?" She asked him.

Brave Maximus
2005-06-27, 11:24 PM
Speeder kind of rolled over and looked up at Chromia, a wry grin on his face, as his optics began to clear:

"I'm getting to old for this..... sort of stuff." He stood up slowly and nodded to the femme.

"We're ready for Planet fall now. This is the easy part though." Boomed the Powered Master's voice over the comm.

Dai Atlas locked in a location near the dig sight and pulled his nose up as he entered the upper atmosphere. The shuttle rumbled a little bit - but the enertia dampeners could handle this a lot better than they did faster-than-light speeds. Once they were into the Troposphere, Dai kicked in his Anti-grav Generators and the turbulance was gone. While he began to pull a series of tight turns and banks, the cabin's systems (Artificial Gravity, Enertia Dampeners and Anti-Grav thrusters) kept those inside pretty stable.

After two mintues, Dai Atlas started his landing run, turning off the Artificial Gravity and gently landing. As his engines and hull cooled and hissed - the Cybertronian Commander lowered his troop bay doors, letting in the Nebulan air.

"We're here. Everyone out so we can get started."

Chromia
2005-06-28, 04:05 AM
Chromia stood back up and headed towards the open doors.

She turned to make sure the others were following....

Warcry
2005-06-28, 04:30 AM
Hot Rod followed Chromia out, taking in the scenery.

A lot different from the parts of the planet that I've seen, he mused. Drier. Dustier. Tracks is gonna just love it here...

He glance towards the distant dig site, his optics barely able to make out anything at this distance. The cavalier's vision enhancement visor slid down over his optics, enhancing the distant image. He could make out vehicles moving around, including one that looked rather familiar. Smaller figures that looked like Nebulans moved around the excavated area as well.

Neat.

Recoil moved off the shuttle with the others, his right knee popping slightly.

I'm too old for this...

Heinrad
2005-06-28, 05:00 AM
Tracks: -stops in the shuttle doorway, taking in the scenery, sighing, mentally lamenting the impending damage to his paint job from small rocks, the damage to his suspension on the rough terrain, the tactical part of his mind wondering how the air intakes for his jet turbines will react to the dust, steps out of the hatch- "No paved roads?"

Brave Maximus
2005-06-28, 05:22 AM
Speeder stepped out of Dai Atlas and instantly brought out his large sniper rifle. He pulled out the clip, checked it's charge, then slapped it back into place and armed the large weapon.

Holding it at the ready, he scanned the imediate area then turned and looked up at Tracks:

"Apparently not. Now we get to see what's under that pretty blue paintjob." He said with a wink - knowing the larger Autobot was rather vain about his paint.

"Still, no hostiles that I can detect. What do you think Hot Rod?"

Heinrad
2005-06-28, 05:54 AM
Tracks: -still worried about the dust- "More blue. But my finish may well be ruined. The CR chambers can fix the damage, but the finish never looks right..........." -sees Highbrow in the distance, sighs again- "Flying rocks. Flying dirt. Flying in dirt..... My, what an interesting planet........."

Warcry
2005-06-28, 06:15 AM
Hot Rod turned to Speeder, his red-tinted visor retracting.

"Everything looks clear on my end," he said. "But Tracks is griping loud enough for the entire planet to hear, so we should probably stay on guard."

Random Sweep
2005-06-28, 07:12 AM
Sureshot walks to the Hatch with Spoilsport on his shoulder.

" Ahhh its good to be home " Said Spoilsport.

Amarant Odinson
2005-06-28, 09:20 AM
Pincer got off hesitantly and looked around. He wasn't sure as to what to expect but so far...."I could learn to like it here." He quietly replied to himself.

MirageHoundFan
2005-06-28, 11:39 AM
Upon leaving the ship, Bluestreak paused in the entrance, looking around before moving to join the others, speaking up quietly "So this is Nebulos"

Having gone into semi-retirement at the time, he had only heard stories about it from those who had become Headmasters and Targetmasters.

Chromia
2005-06-28, 01:53 PM
Chromia lagged begind the others as they milled around. Scanning the area for unfriendlies, she also checked her weapon, and kept it close at hand.

She made a wide circle around the group as she mentally mapped out the area.

Everything looks alright. No hostiles. And it looks like theres already an Autobot at the site. Well, lets go see this temple...

She made her way to Hot Rod's side...

"Everything looks okay for now. How about we head on down there?"

She pointed towards the site in the distance.

Heinrad
2005-06-29, 04:21 AM
Tracks: -shrugs, transforms to vehicle mode, and cautiously makes his way towards the dig site, trying not to hit any suspension mangling or alignment destroying bumps on the way-

Warcry
2005-06-29, 05:41 AM
Hot Rod shrugged.

"Sounds like a plan, Chromia. We'll go as soon as everyone is rea-"

He broke off, glaring at Tracks' rear bumper as the egotist zoomed off.

"Take Bluestreak with you and stick close to him," he told the femme, sighing, "and remind him that we have to stick together. We don't know the lay of the land yet, and I don't want anyone getting lost or ambushed."

The cavalier shook his head, not blind to the irony that he of all people was admonishing someone to be careful.

"I'll follow with the others in a minute."

After glancing at Sureshot, Spoilsport, Recoil and Speeder, he turned to Pincer.

"Can you make the trip down their on your own, or are you going to need a lift?"

Brave Maximus
2005-06-29, 09:18 PM
Dai Atlas transformed into Robot mode, and the look on his face was not the most happy it had ever been.

"Generally I thought waiting for orders was the next point of business. My second thought was that 7 Transformers heading into a civilian encampment with weapons drawn would be bad for diplomatic relations.

"So, as there's no discernable Decepticon energy signals, please put away your weapons - we don't need to spook the locals after the last time we were here.

"Second:
Highbrow, This is Dai Atlas. We're on Planet, less than 2 klicks away from the dig site. Tracks and Bluestreak are heading down as an advanced party, we'll be following shortly. Meet us at the entrance to the dig so we can get a handle on the situation."

He looked at Hot Rod:

"Right now, this isn't a Military Operation, and we're going to need all the civilian support we can get. We're going to play it cool, see how the Nebulans feel, then deploy accordingly. I'm going to be spending time at the Nebulan High Council - when I'm gone, I need you here to keep a level head."

Chromia
2005-06-29, 09:41 PM
Chromia sighed as she watched Tracks speed off.

She turned back to Hot Rod

"No problem sir. Bluestreak..."

She motioned towards the other bot,

"You're with me. Let's go make sure pretty boy doesn't cause any problems."

She gave Hot Rod and Dai a short salute, transformed into her alt-mode and took off after Tracks.

Warcry
2005-06-30, 04:55 AM
Hot Rod nodded to Chromia as the femme headed off after the wayward Tracks, then glanced up at Dai Altas.

"You do realize that some of us have weapons we can't put away, right?"

He nodded to Dai's instruction.

"Sure. I can do that."

Amarant Odinson
2005-06-30, 08:02 PM
Pincer just smiled and replied. "If you wish to head up without me, that fine, Hot Shot. I'd rather travel with Dai Atlas and Highbrow anyway so that I may be able learn more about what the local experts have already discovered at the dig site and what hypothesis they may have reguarding the temple."

He turned to the Autobot commander and added " I mean, if that's alright with you sir?"

Brave Maximus
2005-07-01, 03:33 AM
Dai Atlas nodded to Hot Rod, then began to walk to the dig site. While it was a distance off, the giant Autobot's steps were gaining ground quickly. Speeder had transformed and was heading to the site, trying to catch up with Tracks.

Talking to Pincer, and who ever followed as he walked, Dai Atlas' voice rumbled:

"Unfortunatly, you'll probably know more than I do Pincer. I never had contact with the Matrix during my time as the Cybertronian Supreme Commander, and Cybertron was destroyed long before that. A lot of history was lost then. But we looked forward to rebuild. That is partially why this mission is so important - to know more about our past. But right now, it's to keep an ally happy."

Warcry
2005-07-01, 04:21 AM
Hot Rod shrugged, then transformed to vehicle mode and zoomed off towards the dig, leaving Pincer with Dai Atlas.

Heinrad
2005-07-03, 04:35 AM
Tracks: -finally rolls to a stop at the dig site, satisfied that he'd managed not to warck himself up on the way there, stays in cehicle mode, sensors looking at the archaeological dig team, wondering when somebody will notice him, and waiting for the inevitable crowd to gather-

Chromia
2005-07-03, 11:44 PM
Chromia arrived at the site right behind Tracks by only a few minutes.

She transformed back into her bot mode and glared at him.

"Tracks! What's the big idea? You were supposed to stay with the group. Hot Rod and Dai sent me here to make sure you stay out of trouble."

Then, deciding to mess with the self proclaimed poster boy for beauty, she added...

"And besides, you should see your rear panels. They got awfully scratched up on the way down here. You're going to need a whole new paint job!"

Now...lets see him panic over that one... She thought inwardly with a chuckle....as she waited for Bluestreak to catch up.

Brave Maximus
2005-07-04, 03:38 AM
The work on the dig site slowed to a crawl, with most of the workers either not paying attention to what they're doing or stopping completely as the blue Corvette drove up to the site. Weither they believed the vehicle was good looking or not was moot. It was completely alien and considering the soil they were standing and what they were uncovering - it made them take pause. By the time Chromia rolled up, the only things working were the Ex-Hive machines - dutifully moving bolders and clearing mounds of Earth.

Speeder was next on the scene, Transforming and whistling a little as he looked around. He spoke to the two Autobots already on the scene:

"It does look like something you'd find in the Depths of Cybertron. We even had a few VERY old buildings like it on Micro. They were from the founding of the coloney though......"

On the horizon the huge form of Dai Atlas, with Pincer, became visible, not that far off.

As they approached, a small delegation of Nebulans started to approach the first group of Transformers (Tracks, Chromia and Speeder). They didn't have an official look - but the dirt covered look of an archiologist (the many pocketed vest with brushes and the like were a dead give away). The woman leading the group paused 20 feet away from the Transformers and asked:

"Can I help you?"

Warcry
2005-07-04, 04:28 AM
Earth: Pacific Ocean

A large, cylindrical tube burst forth from the sea. As the waters rippled around it, a large black-and-grey vessel shot from it. Lifted by tongues of blue flame, it climbed unceasingly towards the sky.

The Flamberge had launched.

Bridge, Flamberge

Spinister checked his display boards, then tabbed the intercom button on the captain's chair's armrest.

"We've cleared the upper atmosphere," he told the crew. "Hyperspace in thirty seconds."

Passenger Hold, Flamberge

Singe looked around at the various Nebulans and Decepticons who filled the hold, trying to predict which ones would be the most useful on the mission. Hairsplitter, for his part, couldn't wait until he could unstrap and mingle with his erstwhile shipmates.

Dig Site, Nebulos

Hot Rod saw a group of Nebulans approaching the three Autobots who had arrived at the site. The cavalier increased his speed slightly, wanting to arrive before anything...untoward happened.

"Calm down," Recoil, seated in the young Autobot's passenger seat, said. "They're not going to start a war if you leave them unsupervised for ten seconds."

"Tracks just might," Hot Rod said seriously.

"You're too hard on him," Recoil said. "Just because you can't stand him doesn't mean he's a bumbling incompetent."

Hot Rod didn't answer with anything more definative than "Nnnn."

optimusskids
2005-07-04, 06:28 AM
Monzo eyed the shell nervously and took a swig from his hip flask. He still didn't know where they were going but it involved leaving the earth . Which meant it was going to be Cybertron or Nebulos or maybe somewhere he'd never heard of.

He unsubspaced a piece of steak he'd obtained earlier and offered it to the shell. He didnt want it getting hungry not while he was strapped down next to it helpless.

"here ya go fang some nice steak"

Random Sweep
2005-07-04, 08:46 AM
Nebulous

After taking a few moments to let Spoilsport a few moments to take in the veiw of his homeworld, Sureshot transformed and revved his engines.

" Time to go buddy " he said.

" Sure thing " Spoilsport replied as he lept into Sureshots drivers seat and Sureshot sped off towards the dig site.

Flamberge

Scalpel gripped the hand-hold on the chair he was seated in, in anticipation of the comming voyage. He may be a scientist and mey not get out of his lab much, but Scalpel new very little that he enjoyed more than space travel.

Heinrad
2005-07-04, 09:06 AM
Tracks: -had he been in robot mode, he'd have given Chromia a withering look, focuses his attention on the woman leading the archaeological expedition- "Greeting and salutations. We're the Autobots. My name is Tracks, the witty femme is Chromia, and the smaller Autobot is Speeder. We recieved a call from someone named Galen about this temple you've uncovered, and we've come to help you."

Ravage
2005-07-04, 11:05 AM
Quake held onto his seat and waited for hyperspace. Tiptop and Heater both sat strapped in waiting for the ride to really start.

MirageHoundFan
2005-07-04, 02:04 PM
Distracted by looking over the new landscape, taking it all in, Bluestreak barely heard the others' comments.

Then he was pulled away by the sound of Chromia calling his name, and turned his attention to the femme as she transformed and headed towards the dig-site.

Following her example, he revved his engine and took off after her, chuckling slightly as he arrived in time to hear Chromia winding Tracks up.

Infecticon
2005-07-04, 08:49 PM
Flamberge

The shell took the steak the prey offered it, happy for anything to take it's mind off weither or not there would be good hunting where ever they were going. Carnivac on the other hand, sat back and planned on enjoying the ride.

optimusskids
2005-07-04, 09:43 PM
Monzo sighed in relief as the shell ate the steak maybe that would keep it quiet.

He spotted a familar face

"Hey Hairsplitter where are we going on this mission do you have any idea."

Warcry
2005-07-05, 04:32 AM
Dig Site, Nebulos

Hot Rod hit his brakes as he roared up beside Chromia and co., taking great care to 'accidentally' send a cascade of dust in Tracks' direction. The cavalier transformed, coming to rest on one knee with an unhemletted Recoil perched on his shoulder. He kept quiet, not sure what the other Autobots had told the Nebulans. Part of him keenly remembered the welcoming he and his friends had gotten the last time they'd shown up unexpectedly in the Nebulan backwoods.

At least these guys don't seem to have energy bonds...

Recoil, for his part, looked down at the Nebulans and hoped idly that no one recognised him. While his celebrity status might help the mission, he'd hoped to have a few hours on-planet before he was mobbed by autograph-seeking fans.

Hairsplitter looked over at Monzo, then smiled as he recognised his fellow Nebulan.

"What, no one told you? We're going home!"

He paused as the tone of the ship's engines grew to a high-pitched whine, then dropped to a low drone as the hyperdrives engaged and propelled the ship forward at hundreds of times the speed of light.

Spinister's voice came over the comm.

"We've entered lightspeed. Estimate arrival at Nebulos in two hours. You may unbuckle your restraints."

Hairsplitter eagerly did just that, hopping out of his seat and heading towards Monzo.

Singe unbuckled, but didn't immediately vacate his chair.

Brave Maximus
2005-07-05, 04:55 AM
The female watched as the red and yellow transformer changed shape and kneeled with a Nebulan on his shoulder. Despite being a student of the sciences and not one for popular sports, it was impossible to miss who was on his shoulder.

She nodded upwards at the Nebulan, but said nothing more at the moment - she had much more important things to deal with.

"My name is Dr. Skanda and I am head archeologist here. I certianly know who the Autobots are - and recoginze your faction symbols. It would be hard for any of my people to forget the Transformers.

"Minister Galen told us of your immanent arrival, though I am not sure what it bodes. If you'll accompany me to the....."

"I have a few concerns that need to be delt with first." Came the booming voice of Dai Atlas, just walking into hearing range. The Nebulan Archeologist raised an eyebrow at his comment.

Dai Atlas walked into the group and nodded at the female, before taking a knee, trying to bring himself as close to her height as he could, respectfully.

"The situation back on Earth, as well as other developments in the universe warrent caution. We don't know if the Decepticons or worse are going to show up. For the saftey of your team as well as my crew, I want to set up a secruity perimiter. How strong is the roof of the building?"

Dr. Skanda looked up at the Cybertronian with very unammused eyes:

"It's been under 200 feet of dirt for longer than any of you have been around, and looks to be in as good shape. When you're done taking over my dig site, meet me at the front entrance to the temple." She then turned and began to walk back down to the dig.

Speeder looked up at the Powered Master:

"That could have gone better....."

"This needs to get done, for their safety as much as ours."

Dia Atlas stood up and took a quick look at the temple site, his mind running through senarios:

"Sureshot, Spoilsport and Tracks, Head up to the very top of the building - you should have a good vantage point from up there. Tracks, you can also intercept any flyers.

"Speeder and Bluestreak, mid level on the temple provide more cover support. There also looks to be possible openings up there.....

"Chromia, Hot Rod, Pincer - you're with me, we'll provide assistance on the ground.

"Now, lets see what kind of secrets this temple has....."

optimusskids
2005-07-05, 06:22 AM
Monzo looked stunned .

"really back home Nebulos ."

then his face filled with a shifty low cunning look.

theres a coupkle people who are looking after my bars and nightclubs that are going to get a shock then . When there "Silent Partner turns up.

He waved to Hairsplitter

"so what have you been up to friend."

Weirdwolf unbuckled and stretched.

"any one movie want to see yes . Read back now I have and looks like is loosely based on us . Good job Ratbat never got into the movies I can see him selling our copy ights for a load of Energon. Can see it now 1000's of transforming wolf toys with detachable heads."

shudders at the thought

"what a fate for a warrior "

Heinrad
2005-07-05, 07:53 AM
Tracks: -gives a martyred sigh as dust and dirt cascades over his body, mutters- "Blasted youth element...." -transforms, sees some techs over by the Hive equipment- "I'll be right up there, Dai." -heads over to the techs, gets down on one knee- "Could you gentlemen help me with something?"

Warcry
2005-07-05, 08:21 AM
Dig Site, Nebulos

Hot Rod stood and followed Dai Atlas, clamping down on a bout of criticism of the the larger Autobot's highly martial command technique.

Hairsplitter shrugged.

"Same as usual, Monzo...hiding from Spinister and trying to keep Singe from getting himself killed."

He sighed heavily.

"And I can tell you that I'm gonna have a hell of a time doing that second thing when we get home..."

Singe stared out the window, watching the stars fly by and thinking of what he'd left behind on Nebulos...and what he'd have to do when he got there.

MirageHoundFan
2005-07-05, 11:26 AM
"Yes, field commander" Bluestreak replied, pulling the supplies he had brought from Fort Max out of sub-space.

Kneeling on the ground and lying it in front of him, the grey and black Autobot opened the portable storage device and checked his inventory, a selection of weapons and attachments that betrayed him as a gunner or a sniper.

Chromia
2005-07-05, 02:05 PM
Dig Site, Nebulos

Chromia nodded at Dai Atlas and took a step closer to him and Hot Rod. She watched the Nebulan female as she walked away.

Well, doesn't she look happy to see us.....

optimusskids
2005-07-05, 02:56 PM
Monzo nodded

"left a bit of unfinished business behind did he. Well if he needs any help my contacts hopefully are still good, I have my sources who see the law as a very rough guideline if you see what I mean , they can get hold of most things.

Whats Spinster like then , I just talk back to wolfy ,if he gives me any stress he's ok for a poetry spouting , book loving yoda don't tell him i said so ok. He's alright when it comes to a fight straight in teeth and claws and thats what counts . Watch out for Carnivac's shell though ,its a viscious monster believe me.

Monzo thinks a bit and lowered his voice to a whisper

" though the big tin can might have been drugging me last mission theres big gaps in my memory. Na it was probably something to do with Carnivac I dont trust him."

AngelOfDeath124
2005-07-05, 10:08 PM
Upon hearing that they had entered hyperspace, StarBlade removed her restraints and got up. She hated being stuck in one spot, unless she was set up to snipe something. Looking around at the group assigned to this mission, she spotted a few Nebulons. A few steps took her to where they were.

"Pardon me for intruding," StarBlade said to Monzo and Hairsplitter, "but I know very little about our destination. Could either of you fill me in?"

Random Sweep
2005-07-05, 10:35 PM
" Roger that " Sureshot aswered Dai-Atlas

Brave Maximus
2005-07-05, 11:53 PM
Speeder transformed and headed down the pit. He arrived and looked up at the rather large looking temple. He started to climb the first level of scafolding, needing to go up nearly 12 human stories to reach the first plateau.....

Dai Atlas walked slowly down the embankment, letting the female Nebulan get farther ahead of them, to give her time to cool off. His voice rumbled as they walked along:

"No one wants to see a war return to their planet. But, we need to be prepaired incase there is persuit. It is an unfortunate necessity."

A male Nebulan in grey overalls and carrying a tool belt was working on one of the machines while it worked, seeming to adjust a few thing with it's pressure and grip. He saw Tracks walk up and looked over from his work:

"What can we do for you?"

Chromia
2005-07-06, 02:17 AM
Dig Site

"I understand." Chromia answered Dai.

"I wouldn't want to bring them any problems either, but do you think the Decepticons even know we are here?"

She looked up at the larger Autobot as they walked towards the dig site.

"To be honest, from what I've seen so far, these people would have no defenses against them."

Her hand clenched unconsiously as she thought of her weapon that she had tucked away into her supspace compartment.

What I wouldn't do for my femme team.... She thought to herself...

Warcry
2005-07-06, 03:41 AM
Dig Site, Nebulos

Hot Rod walked with Dai Atlas and Chromia. Recoil, still on his shoulder, listening to the femme's pesamistic evaluation of the Nebulan defences.

"You weren't here the last time the Decepticons showed up," he told her. "A handful of Nebulans, my resistance cell in fact, managed to take a dozen Autobots prisoner within an hour of their ship crashing. The Hive managed to grab ten Decepticons easily enough, too. My people will be able to take care of themselves, unless Gigatron sends a Warworld after them."

Hot Rod shook his head.

"Don't even joke about that. One was more than enough."

Chromia
2005-07-06, 03:54 AM
Dig Site, Nebulos

Chromia listened to Recoi with a look of surprise...

"Really? I didn't know that. Within an hour, huh?" She looked over at Hot Rod with a small smile.

"I have to admit, I'm impressed. And I didn't mean to offend you, you know. But I guess I'm just used to looking for cracks in the system, so to speak."

Warcry
2005-07-06, 04:34 AM
Dig Site, Nebulos

Had he been a human, Hot Rod would have blushed as Chromia glanced at him. As it was, he still managed to look a bit chagrinned; after all, he'd been one of the Autobots to get trussed up by a rag-tag band of Nebulan rebels.

Recoil shrugged. "No offense taken. Besides, it's been so long since I've been home that I'm not really qualified to comment on the state of our defences either."

Hairsplitter glanced back over his shoulder to assure himself that Spinister wasn't in the room, then shrugged.

"To be honest, he's kinda creepy, Monzo. A bit of a fanatic, and he wouldn't take too well to back-talk. He could always find a new gun, after all."

He glanced over to Carnivac's shell, repressed a shudder, then glanced up to StarBlade.

"I suppose we could. What do you want to know?"

AngelOfDeath124
2005-07-06, 04:41 AM
StarBlade smiled some, an odd gesture from the assassin, but she was grateful for any information.

"Well, I'm afraid to say I only know of Nebulos from hearsay mostly, so I know next to nothing. Any information, like terran, weather, what the people are like, and what help, and what hinderence, we can expect from both allies and enemies."

optimusskids
2005-07-06, 06:30 AM
Monzo nodded,

"I guess I'm lucky , none of them are likely to destroy there own head , 'cept maybe Fangry but he was always a lil , you know. "

He turned to Starblade

" well let me think we're probably going to be based round the capital which is the biggest city weather round there is fairly mild this time of the year except the big storms we have every 10 years or so.

Cities on the edge of a flood plain , with a tributary of the main river running through the middle up into the hills just behind the city.

Who do you think will be in charge nowHairsplitter still those Skrating liberals ?"

Warcry
2005-07-06, 06:59 AM

Hairsplitter nodded.

"Yeah, probably. It's been ten years, but I'd be really surprised if the Hive had managed to build up support again after Zarak went so far overboard with the whole 'enslave the peasants with robots' thing..."

The Targetmaster shook his head sadly. He'd told Lord Zarak from the beginning that slavery was a bad idea, but the political overlord hadn't been inclined to listen to a mere aide to the Hive's environment minister.

Ravage
2005-07-06, 01:30 PM
Tiptop had to growl about Nebulos.

"It's a dump!" He interjected into the conversation about the planet. Still bitter over his fall from grace.

"Bah, I made a nice profit while I was there." Heater smiled as Tiptop punched him in the shoulder.

optimusskids
2005-07-06, 04:06 PM
Monzo looked at Heater hope your mates havent been selling that stuff in my clubs again."

He glared

" I got meself a monopoly."

Ravage
2005-07-06, 05:27 PM
heater smiled slyly.

"I am sure if they have been we can tip some of the profits to you."

optimusskids
2005-07-06, 07:12 PM
Monzo nodded

"wet my beak , now youre talking my language."

He turned to Hairsplitter

" ya got to be real subtle like get them dependent on you like introduce something they cant do without. Then become the only supplier. My old Nan she used to say Monzo you catch more skretle flies with honey than vinegar."

Infecticon
2005-07-06, 08:01 PM
After taking off his buckle, Carnivac took off them off his shell. The pretender shell got off the seat and openned up. Carnivac transformed and entered the shell. After it closed up around Carnivac, he stretched.

AngelOfDeath124
2005-07-06, 11:38 PM
StarBlade nodded.

"What about the people? I understand that there are really two factions, one that supports the 'Bots, and one that supports us."

Warcry
2005-07-07, 05:01 AM

Hairsplitter shrugged. "The problem with that, Monzo, is that Spinister makes it his business to never need anyone or anything. The guy doesn't even have any personal belongings."

He looked up at StarBlade.

"I'd be happy to give you a bit of a description of our society, but would you two mind if we continued the discussion in the mess hall? I haven't eaten in twelve hours, and I'd like to fuel up before I drop dead."

Ravage
2005-07-07, 05:08 AM
Heater smiled.

"Yes Monzo, your high enough on my list of people if there is enough of a profit I would surely share my benefits from my dealings." He then looked out a window to see the lightstreaming by.

Quake was daydreaming about what he would get to blow up.

Heinrad
2005-07-07, 05:09 AM
Near Temple Site:

Tracks: -transforms to vehicle mode, then to flying car mode, the black beam gun the only thing keeping him unsteadily balanced- "Can you rig stronger filters for my air intake ports? I've got turbofan jet engines, and the air seems to have larger amounts of particulate matter than the filters that are in there now can safely handle."

optimusskids
2005-07-07, 06:23 AM
Monzo nodded
"food sounds like a good plan , I can't wait to have a nice juicy squill Steak with fried trivels once we touch down . You know what Hairsplitter if we find the time we'll go to one of my clubs and go to the restaurant area and you can have anything you want from the menu free."

MirageHoundFan
2005-07-07, 01:24 PM
Having checked his supplies were still in good condition, Bluestreak closed the container, then picked the thing up, tucking it under one arm and headed over to the temple, following Speeder down into the pit.

AngelOfDeath124
2005-07-08, 01:59 AM
StarBlade smiled some and nodded.

"Not a problem."

optimusskids
2005-07-08, 06:23 AM
Weirdwolf set up the movie for any who cared to watch it

"Nebulos did say you . Looks like I was wrong Carnivac we going to that slagging planet are ."

Infecticon
2005-07-08, 08:57 PM
Carnivac turned and looked over a Werewolf. Then Carnivac opened a commlink to Werewolf and said " It's just a planet...Hopefully this time, no one will have to pick up any more 'souvinors'."

optimusskids
2005-07-08, 09:03 PM
Weirdwolf growled in assent

"cant see Spinster forcing someone to bond with a squishy , hey like you to be first pretender headmaster yes . Am sure Monzo has some friends yes, well aquantances uhh asociates."

Brave Maximus
2005-07-08, 11:54 PM
Dai Atlas walked with the other Autobots around him down to the dig site. For the most part, this kind of debate was good for the troops, as it wouldn't affect their response....

"No one wants to bring a war to another culture. This case is worse as we would be bringing a war back to these people. I have no doubt that they can defend themselves. I'm not asking them to. If there is a Decepticon team following us, and we would be fools not to believe there isn't, then it is up to us to prevent our war from returning. We are the first and only line of defense here. We cannot allow our species to......."

"Please don't tell me you were going to say 'Interfere with the Nebulans' Mr. Dai Atlas. From the looks of this temple, it seems that you've been doing it since the beginning."

The Autobots had reached the base of the temple - and Dai Atlas looked at it in wonder. The first level was built large enough that he could enter the main doors and have room to spare. Dr. Skanda was right - there was no reason for the Nebulans to build something of this size.

"There are 4 tears, though some one your size would only be able to fit in the first two. Even your friends, well most of them, would have difficulties in the middle two levels. And it appears that the top two were designed specifically for Nebulans. We can't access any of them yet - and there's always the danger of a Hive trap. There also appears to be several sub-levels." The Doctor said in a matter of fact voice. She didn't seem to want to acknowledge that there might be violence at her dig site.

"What do you need us to do Doctor? We're here to provide what ever asistance you need." Dai Atlas said.

"Well you can start with the main doors. We can't seem to budge them."

Dai Atlas turned to look at the main doors. Very intricatly designed, with carved lines all over the place. His eyes kept trying to come back to certian sections of the design - but he couldn't piece it together.....

"Pincer, Chromia See what you can do.

Speeder scrambled up the side of temple to the third level. Still quite a ways down from Sureshot - he was now above ground level, and had a decent view of his surroundings. He started to look at the temple wall, and noticed an indent. As he scrapped at it, it kept going in, he could find 3 of the edges - but the one at the top continued too far for him to reach.

"Hey Blue! Give me a hand here for a second!"

The Nebulan technician looked at Tracks for a moment with a weird look. Then turned and started rummaging through a supply container, grumbling to himself:

"We had that kind of problem with your buddy over there. Couldn't fly for more than 10 minutes without his rotors clogging up.... Here we go!"

He pulled out two bright orange filters to fit over Tracks intakes.

"Now, they ain't pretty - but you won't crash...."

Chromia
2005-07-09, 12:14 AM
Dig Site

Chromia looked up in awe at the temple before her...

"Of course, sir" She replied to Dai

Now.......okay.......um.....yeah.... She thought to herself.

Not being a scientist, her own proven and most reliable method of entering a building that was locked up this tight, was to simply blast open the doors.
But, she was pretty sure that the Nebulans wouldn't approve of this method.

She walked up closer to the doors, looking for......well, anything that would give an indication on how to get in.

She chuckled and nodded to Pincer.

"So, I suppose saying 'Pretty Please' is out of the question?"

Warcry
2005-07-09, 05:54 AM

Singe sat back and watched the movie.

Hairsplitter headed into the stairwell.

"I like the sound of that, Monzo. I'll have to make sure we get the chance to get out for a while."

Dig Site, Nebulos

Hot Rod marvelled at the massive temple doors, glad that he wasn't in command, and thus had the time to appreciate the beauty of the strange world.

He watched as Chromia looked around for some form of ingress. He frowned.

Couldn't hurt to ask...

"If you're beyond worrying about damage," he said to the Nebulan scientist, "lightsabres are a good way to open uncooperative doors."

He held his left hand out, palm up, and the metallic hilt of his energy blade appeared with a flicker of subspace energy.

optimusskids
2005-07-09, 07:31 AM
Monzo followed Hairsplitter clompping on his crutches behind him.

Ravage
2005-07-09, 12:20 PM
Quake really wanted to say. "Are we there yet?" But decided against it.

He stood up and walked to a holobay and started to practice his shooting so he could really bust things up the moment he got a chance.

Chromia
2005-07-09, 02:09 PM
Dig Site, Nebulos

Chromia heard Hot Rod's offer to 'open' the doors. She turned to him and laughed softly.

"I was kind of thinking along the same lines. But, I'm almost positive that they'd like to keep the temple in one piece for now, and...."

As she was talking, she had placed her hand on the door. As she did, a previously hidden pannel lit up and glowed brightly with the Autobot symbol. She saw the light from the corner of her optic and turned back to the door...

"Wow..uh..what did I do!?"

She yanked her hand back as there came a loud gringing noise from the bowels of the temple, and a seam appeared in the door that gradually opened the massive doors.

As the doors opened she backpedeled to where Dai and the others were.

"Okay, uh, sir....door opened."

Heinrad
2005-07-09, 03:03 PM
Near Temple dig:

Tracks: -slightly distressed that they clash with his colorscheme, but willing to 'take one for the team', as it were- "Thanks. They will work quite well." -switches back to vehicle mode, backs away, shifts into first, turns so he can get a clear runway, roars forward, switches back to flying car mode and lifts into the air, banking around and flying towards the tiop of the temple-

Infecticon
2005-07-09, 03:52 PM
" You are more likely to become the first pretender/ headmaster" Carnivac said to Weirdwolf " My shell would probably eat my head if I tried it."

optimusskids
2005-07-09, 09:21 PM
Weirdwolf chuckled

" I dont think i could survive Monzo & a shell as well ."

he paused

"eat head you do say the idea has possibilities yes ."

He turned and shouted to Monzo just before he disappeared into the stairwell

"going we are to Nebulos and know you what is on Nebulos headmaster technology and millions of potential candiates , think you about that should yes ."

Warcry
2005-07-10, 04:23 AM
Dig Site, Nebulos

Hot Rod watched as Chromia managed to accidentally open the door, then shrugged and subspaced his weapon.

"Well, if you want to do things the easy way..."

Starwell, Flamberge

Hairsplitter looked back at the hobbling Monzo.

"You know, your armour's servos should be able to compensate for your leg wound a bit."

optimusskids
2005-07-10, 07:57 AM
Monzo stopped in his tracks as his brain processed Weirdwolfs words.

"the slagging Bafsteraungleheim , he's gonna replace me I knew it ."

He turned to Hairsplitter

"looks like heads are replaceable too , maybe we should pay a visit to the Ministry of Science and make the technology "obsolete "or even better wipe their computer files with a virus umm any of the nebulans with us know anything about computers ." he queried

He heard Hairsplitters remarks

"thanks there mate ."

He adjusted the armour controls

"much better now."

Warcry
2005-07-10, 08:30 AM
Stairwell, Flamberge

"Good," Hairsplitter said when Monzo adjusted his armour. "It'll heal faster if the armour is taking most of your wieght."

He frowned, trying to think if any of his fellow Nebulan Decepticons had tech skills. "I don't think we've got any computer experts onboard," he said. "It probably wouldn't be a problem, though. I probably still have a few friends at the Ministry; I could call in a favour or two."

He shrugged.

"If that doesn't pan out, you've probably got a few...disreputable people working in one of your clubs. Someone who'd be willing to set off an EMP inside the Ministry headquarters building for a few thousand shanix."

Emerging onto deck three, the Targetmaster headed into the mess hall and steered himself towards the freshly-installed, Nebulan-sized food dispensors.

optimusskids
2005-07-10, 09:00 AM
Monzo nodded

"sounds like a good plan , lets keep it between the 2 of us though. Best not let the R.o.b.o.ts know , they might not approve."

Random Sweep
2005-07-10, 03:56 PM
Flamberge

Scalpel unhooked from the datajack and frowned

Why is it that no one ever seems to archive all the important information.

looking over Scalpel spoke to Singe .

" Are there any negative side effects when your power output reaches maximum? " he asked.

Dig site

As he reached the top of the temple, Sureshot noticed that a portion of the roof was covered in debris.

Unable to resist his curious nature, Sureshot uncovered what seemed to be a deep running shaft.

" Dai " Sureshot radioed " Not sure if it means anything, but there is a shaft running down from the top of the temple a couple of feet wide "

Infecticon
2005-07-10, 08:07 PM
Carnivac shifted his head so that one of his optics followed Monzo and the other Nebulon as they left.

AngelOfDeath124
2005-07-10, 10:33 PM
StarBlade followed behind the two Nebulans, carefully not listening to their conversation. She was more interested in the society of their world, and what kind of problems she and the team would be facing.

optimusskids
2005-07-10, 11:37 PM
Monzo clomped over to a food dispenser his limp markedly improved and pulled up a chair.

Warcry
2005-07-11, 05:17 AM
Mess Hall, Flamberge

Hairsplitter scrolled through the dispensor's menu, then frowned.

"Only human foods, of course. We'll have to stock up on some of our cuisine when we get to Nebulos."

After selecting a hamberger and some barely-adequate human ale, he turned to Monzo. "Of course, of course. I'm pretty sure they can spell, though, so we'd have to be a bit more secret than that."

He looked back up at StarBlade. "So...you wanted to know about our political factions?"

Singe glanced over at Scalple.

"None that I've ever noticed," he said. "I suppose I might give myself a sunburn, though."

Heinrad
2005-07-11, 05:44 AM
Tracks: -switches back to vehicle mode just as he hits the top of the temple, hitting the brakes and skidding to a stop next to Sureshot, transforms to robot mode- "What did you find?"

Random Sweep
2005-07-11, 05:56 AM

" Intersting.... : said Scalpel lost in thought once more.

Dig site

Sureshot looked up as Tracks arrived.

" I'm not sure Tracks " Sureshot answered " Looks like some sort of exhaust system, but I can't see too far down "

optimusskids
2005-07-11, 06:31 AM
Monzo thought for a while

"do you speak Nebulan from the region of Yawron." he queried

He then settled down to let the more intelligent betterspoken Hairsplitter do the talking

MirageHoundFan
2005-07-11, 04:05 PM
Temple

"Sure, Speeder" Bluestreak called, sticking his supplies in sub-space and moving to the micromaster's side "What do you want a hand with exactly?"

AngelOfDeath124
2005-07-11, 10:29 PM
StarBlade carefully seated herself on the floor next to the table the Nebulans had picked.

"If you have that knowledge, I would appreciate hearing it."

Warcry
2005-07-12, 05:34 AM
Mess Hall, Flamberge

Hairsplitter frowned. "Can't say that I do, Monzo."

He took a bite from his burger, then looked up at StarBlade and started to speak.

"Well, I haven't been home for a few years, but I've made sure to keep tabs on all the news coming out of my homeworld. We have quite a few small political groups, but there are two major factions. The first is a large coalition of liberal-minded groups. Their membership runs the gamut from outright communists to centre-left populists. Mostly, they're united by their support for the Autobots and their desire to stay in power.

"The Hive, as you may know, were the ruling faction on Nebulos when my people made first contact with the Transformers. The Hive is our primary right-wing political group, but most of their support dissolved after that manic Zarak decided to enslave the population with robotic drones. Hive support was growing last I heard, though...something about a corruption scandal among the Liberals. That was almost a year ago, but if things are still swinging that way the Hive could be a very useful ally."

If his tone was any indicator, Hairsplitter wasn't particularly fond of either faction.

optimusskids
2005-07-12, 08:43 PM
Monzo shuddered.

"politics is a dirty business most of my criminal friends wont touch it , nothing like good honest crime. Where we only betray each other if theres a real good reason , not for political point scoring. There is honour among thieves , people stay bought you know what I mean. It was politics that ruined wrestling politicians fixing it there way, for cash instead of letting it be a good honest fight . Thats when I packed it in and opened my first club. Wanted me to lose to some amateur light weight . I have me honour , me reputation to consider so i fixed the fixer know what ya mean.

PoorHairsplitter he was a civil servant , he had to work with the Slistering Scroggles , no escape for him , he was forced to work with them."

AngelOfDeath124
2005-07-12, 09:45 PM
A peculiar smile showed on StarBlade's visage for a moment, then faded.

"So, we only have to worry about the liberals who have allied themselves to the 'Bots. Do either of you think they could be a threat?"

Warcry
2005-07-13, 05:14 AM
Mess Hall, Flamberge

"Civil service paid a whole hell of a lot more than crime back in those days, though; the Hive treated us well." Hairsplitter shrugged. "And it's not as if you never had to deal with the politicians, Monzo...after all, you were one of the first people Zarak asked about binary bonding."

The Nebulan looked up at StarBlade.

"I wouldn't say we have to worry about the liberals too much. They're a peaceful bunch, and not likely to start a war with the Decepticons. At worst, they'll try to buy us off."

optimusskids
2005-07-13, 06:41 AM
Monzo nodded

" You civil servants had it sweet, guaranteed pension , nice offices, etc etc

Zarak could be umm persuasive , he hinted it would be in my best interests. Dont know why he wanted me in particular. He gave me details of a raid on one of my clubs , 5 minutes after it had started.

It was one that I didnt officially own so It didnt damage my reputation , he made out he was going to give me the information earlier but it got delayed somehow. I could take a hint I knew it was in my best interests if I didnt want the police all over me like atheletes foort. He turned out to be a power crazed loon anway. Don't know why he thought he needed the extra pressure. The power and glory were fairly attractive.
THats politicians for you manipulating people twisting things.

But then I didnt realise I would end up with a poetry composing intellectual , always with those strategy books, who couldnt string 2 words together in a proper order. Dont think Wolfy was too keen either in retrospect. I think it was one of those you you and you , you've volunteered deals.

Anyway thats all in the past , here I am now

Brave Maximus
2005-07-13, 12:09 PM
"What in the blue rings........" Exclaimed Dr. Skanda. "How did you people do that?!? You're at my dig less than 10 minutes, and the place is already in an uproar."

She looked into the massive, dark opening, and with out missing a beat, began to call out:

"Devi, Hanuman, bring those lights in here! Indra, Surya, follow behind us and document everything with the vid corders - no one is to start examining until it's been documented first! Varuna, get your teams ready - we're heading into the first level. Everyone becareful - this was Hive Territory, they may have had traps." She then looked up at the Autobots: "Well, what are you waiting for? Lets see what, how did the human expression go, see what kind of 'Pandora's Box' you've opened!" And the Nebulan Archeologist headed into the black.

Dai Atlas Cocked an "eyebrow" and actually smiled:

"Well, you heard the lady - Hot Rod, you're on Point, becareful of any traps. Pinser, you follow with the good doctor, be sure to point out anything that may be amiss. Chromia, you bring up the rear - keep them safe. I'll be in, within a few nano's...."

He then took a step back, and looked up, trying to see Sureshot:

"Sureshot, any idea where it leads? Is it big enough that you can fit down it?"

Speeder looked up at Bluestreak and smiled:

"Seems like there's some sort of opening here - might be a door way or a window, it's packed with dirt, higher than I can reach. Can you clear some of it out, and see if it's a possibility?"

Chromia
2005-07-13, 02:56 PM
"Yes sir" Chromia said to Dai, and gave him a quick salute.

As she watched the Nebulans go into the opening, she mumbled...

"And trust me, I'm not touching anything else."

Warcry
2005-07-13, 08:02 PM
Dig Site

Hot Rod shrugged, then walked carefully over the threshold of the temple. Once inside, he realized how dark it was; the Nebulans' lights didn't illuminate much at all. He drew his lightsabre once more, igniting it. The room was illuminated by a sickly yellow glow.

Hot Rod looked around at the ancient, crumbling structure of the temple, then started to make his way deeper into the chamber.

"Now this," he said, "this is just plain creepy."

Random Sweep
2005-07-13, 10:35 PM
Sureshot looked at the hole and chuckles to himself.

" Might be a tight fit Dai " he said " if I had a cable I coulf lower Spoilsport down... as long as he removes his armour "

Brave Maximus
2005-07-14, 12:02 AM
"And would Spoilsport be willing to do this?" Dai Atlas asked. He began to quickly look around the site, seeing if anything would work as a winch and pully system.....

Chromia
2005-07-14, 12:34 AM
Dig Site

Chromia looked around the interior of the chamber with a curious look.

This is interesting....I've never seen...Oh Slag!

She stopped and pulled out a recorder to start taking a detailed scan of the area.....

Wow, Chromia...forget why you're here? She bereted herself internally.

Random Sweep
2005-07-14, 07:44 AM
Sureshot looked at Spoilsport who was shaking his head in a silent NO!

" Of course he will " Sureshot replied.

MirageHoundFan
2005-07-14, 07:55 PM
Temple

"Sure" Bluestreak replied, reaching over the other mech to feel the soil, then moving from behind Speeder to beside him as the gunner began digging at the soil in the opening, dirt showering down around them, some falling into the pit below.

After a little while, the grey and black Autobot's digging had revealed a door that led to a darkened passageway.

Heinrad
2005-07-15, 04:17 AM
Top of temple:

Tracks: -looking down the hole- "What if we just dropped a light down in there, to see how deep it is?"

Brave Maximus
2005-07-15, 05:14 AM
"Good idea Tracks - it'll give us an idea of how much cable we need for Spoilsport." Dai Atlas called up to the two Autobots on top of the temple.

Speeder looked up at Bluestreak with a mischevious grin:

"Now that's interesting - care to see where it goes?"

Warcry
2005-07-15, 06:18 AM
Dig Site

Hot Rod strode toward one of the chamber walls, then ran his free hand across a pattern that he found carved in there.

Frowning, he took a closer look at the 'pattern'.

Ancient Cybertronian, he realized. And me without the Matrix...

As it was, he could only make out a few words.

"Holy warrior," he muttered to himself, tapping the first character. "Or paladin?"

"You can read that?" Recoil asked incredulously.

"Only a little," the cavalier replied. "I picked up a bit of it when I was Rodimus, but mostly I relied on the Matrix to translate it for me."

"A shame," Recoil said.

"Yep," Hot Rod agreed as he frowned at the other letters.

"Fallen," he whispered. "Great battle. Temple...or tomb? Holiness."

He shook his head.

So a holy warrior fell in a great battle, and his tomb was raised here? Assuming I'm reading this 'chicken-scratch', as humans call it, right, anyway...

Other words followed, but he could only make out one of every four or five glyphs.

optimusskids
2005-07-16, 01:10 AM
Monzo tucked into his meal

" I cant wait to have some proper nebulan food again "

He said to Hairsplitter

AngelOfDeath124
2005-07-16, 01:14 AM
StarBlade, seeing that the two Nebulans were going to be busy eating, stood carefully and with a nod of thanks to the two, returned to the main room. Taking a seat, the assassin closed her optics and waited, resting.

Chromia
2005-07-16, 02:05 AM
Dig Site

Chromia crept up behind Hot Rod as he translated part of the message and recorded what he said..

Holy warrior? Hmm...

She thought as he read part of the incription...

I wonder who it could possibly be talking about? She continued as he read a few more words...

There was something......not familiar, but....something about the place. It was nagging her in the back of her mind....

"Hot Rod," she asked him in a soft voice,

"You said that you can still remember some things from when you had the Matrix. Does any of this look familiar?"

As she said this, she felt her circuits on edge.

Maybe it was the sheer size of the place, or the fact that it was Cybertronian, and yet not.

Warcry
2005-07-16, 05:42 AM
Dig Site

Hot Rod jumped at bit when Chromia said his name, then was immediately ashamed of it.

Some warrior you are...

"It's...a little familiar. But I don't think any of the Matrix bearers whose memories I had ever saw anything like it." He shook his head. "I know, that doesn't make much sense. But I get the feeling that it's older than even the oldest ruins I've seen on Cybertron."

Mess Hall, Flamberge

Hairsplitter waved to the departing StarBlade, then choked down another bite of the hamberger.

"I know what you mean, Monzo. If I'd have known about the kind of slop that the humans pour into their bodies, I would have jumped ship..."

Spinister's voice filtered over the intercom.

"Five minutes to Nebulos orbit," he said. "Prepare for reversion to real-space."

MirageHoundFan
2005-07-17, 08:01 PM
Temple

"You sure that we should" Bluestreak replied, peeking into the corridor "I mean it's awfully dark, do we have a source of light we can use if we do go down there? What if we break something?"

Brave Maximus
2005-07-19, 01:25 PM
Speeder smiled that devil-knows-all smile at Bluestreak:

"Of course we have a light source, we're both Autobots, aren't we?" With that, the Micro Master transformed into car moded and hit his high beams, illuminating a little bit into the entrance and the hallway.

"If you worry too much about what might or might not happen, nothing will ever get done. As the humans say He who hesitates is lost. Besides, if we break something, we can say it was like that when we found it. They are 'ruins' after all." and the little sports care slowly began to drive into the temple.

Dai Atlas watched as the crew dissappeared a little farther into the temple, and mentally hoped that they didn't get themselves into trouble. He looked up to the top of the temple, and worried for a moment as he couldn't spot Speeder or Bluestreak:

I hope the old man isn't causing trouble again.....

Finally, he called up to Tracks and Sureshot:

"How are things coming along up there?"

Dr. Skanda walked along behind the Autobots, her camera moving back and forth, recoding the important panneling details, as well as what the young Autobot was saying.

"So, you are conferming that this is Ancient Cybertronian written in this temple Hot Rod?"

From behind the Nebulan Doctor, there came the sound of stone rubbing on stone and then a hummm. Dr. Skanda turned on her heel to see a young Nebulan boy holding a huge lighting asembly. His foot was in a depression in the floor, something small enough for only a Human\Nebulan to activate.

The boy looked up with stark terror on his face: "It wasn't me...." was all he could manage.

Chromia
2005-07-19, 03:26 PM
Chromia whirled around at the sound, and started at the young boy who had activated.....

...what?

She took a step in his direction intending on snatching him up and getting him out of there.....

Heinrad
2005-07-19, 05:55 PM
Top of the temple:

Tracks: -calls back down- "Um..... none of us actually has a light to drop. Anybody down there have one?"

Warcry
2005-07-20, 05:56 AM
Inside the Temple

Hot Rod turned to Dr. Skanda.

"Yeah," he said. "It's ancient Cybertronian, alright."

He was about to say more when he heard the commotion caused by the young Nebulan. The cavalier took two steps, then dropped to one knee. The action put him directly between the Nebulan doctor and the humming noise.

His lightsabre swung up into a defensive position, and he started to charge the capacitors for his wrist lasers.

Mess Hall, Flamberge

Hairsplitter was almost thrown out of his chair as the ship lurched.

Seconds later, Spinister's voice came from the nearest loudspeaker in a ship-wide broadcast.

"We have arrived in Nebulos orbit. All hands report to the passenger hold for briefing."

The Nebulan crammed down the last of his hamburger, then headed for the door.

"We'd better get going, Monzo."

Singe, who hadn't moved from his seat since the ship blasted away from the Nemesis, simply shrugged and stayed where he was.

optimusskids
2005-07-20, 06:41 AM
Mess Hall

Monzo finished his steak and grabbing a drink to take with him. Followed Hairsplitter out the door,

Chromia
2005-07-20, 03:03 PM
Inside the Temple

As Hot Rod put himself between the Nebulan and the source of the noise, she ran over to the child and grabbed him up.

"Hot Rod, do your sensors pick up anything? I'm drawing a blank here."

Brave Maximus
2005-07-20, 08:07 PM
As Chromia lifted the young man off the pressure switch, the stone rose back up and into place, almost in-distinguishable from the other stones, save being a flat grey colour as opposed to the beige\brown of the other temple stones.

The humming grew louder, until finally, a large metal claw broke through one of the undecorated pannels of the wall.

The interior calm of the temple was shattered by the intrusion of one of the Hive's destroyer robots, it's tracked base moving it between Hot Rod and Chromia. It's tentilces writhering around, seeking targets. (http://www.bwtf.com/gallery/g1rebirth2/aar?full=1)

One of the technicians used the machine\crane he was operating to lower a crate beside the two Autobots on the top of the temple:

"They're chemical illumination sticks. Crack the seal and mix the chemicals - They'll glow for hours and are about half as brite as our lamp units" he called over the radio.

"Dai Atlas, this is Lead Counciler Galen. I'm getting reports from our monitoring stations that another craft has just entered orbit. Are you expecting friends?"

The Powered Master looked up into the sky, trying to locate the object with his sensors and responded over the comm:

"No, Counciler - we're the only Autobots comming. Notify me if they attempt planet fall or communication."

Random Sweep
2005-07-20, 10:24 PM
Dig Site

Knowing that he couldn't avoid the issue any longer, Spoilsport removed his Targetmaster armour and using his enhanced strength slowely made his way down the chute...

Flamberge

Eager to study the planet where such advances had been made, Scalpel sat awaiting the Breifing.

Heinrad
2005-07-20, 10:33 PM
Top of Temple:

Tracks: -flicks a thumbs up to the crane operator- "Thanks!" -opens the crate, pulls out a handfull of the chemical lights, cracks and shakes them, and drops them down the hole, watching them as they fall.....-

Chromia
2005-07-21, 02:34 AM
Inside the Temple

Chromia gasped as the machine made it's way into the chamber.

What in the pit is that!?

Without waiting for Hot Rod to answer her, she pushed the Nebulan behind her and pulled her rifle from it's subspace pocket.

Taking carefull aim, as to not damage the Temple, she fired a few shots at it's treads. When that didn't work right away, she called out toHot Rod.

"Hey Hot Rod! Use your saber on it's flank. Right behind the treads!"

She backed away from the machine as it closed in on her and the smaller Nebulan....

What I wouldn't do for a good old fashioned bomb right now....

Ravage
2005-07-21, 03:58 AM
Quake heard the annoucement and ran.

"Finally, maybe I will get to blow something up!" He thought out loud running to the breifing room. Tiptop and Heater following behind him.

Warcry
2005-07-21, 05:51 AM
Inside the Temple

Hot Rod gaped at the machine for a moment, then snapped back to reality when Chromia spoke.

"Yeah. Sure."

He leapt forward from his crouching position. As he did so, Recoil transforming into weapon mode and landed in his outstretched right hand. He fired, sending a burst of hydrochloric acid flying towards the spot where one of the machine's limbs met it's body.

Landing less than half an arm's length from the machine, he swiped his sabre down towards the machine's flank.

Hairsplitter strode into the room and found a seat.

Moments later, Spinister arrived. The commander quickly headed towards the front of the room.

(OOC: Aero Blade and Arcee, are you guys going to be active for the next while? That'd really effect my mission planning...)

Brave Maximus
2005-07-21, 01:49 PM
The lights that Tracks threw down the hole tumbled past Spoilsport and seemed to fall forever into the pitch. There was a breif flicking of light as well as them, then they stopped, just barely pin pricks of light to the advanced Autobot sensors....

As Speeder slowly crept into the tunnel, he breifly spotted a flash of green light at the top of the tunnel and watched it move to the bottom then dissappear.

"What in the Pit was that?"

The machine roared out against the attacks. It's heavily armed treads reflected Hot Rods lightsaber attack.

The tenticled arm sizzled a little where the acid started to melt it. While it fused together the first few segments - it's limb was still viable.

It swatted out with one of them, attempting to entangle Hot Rods's Arm. The other limb surged forward, a strike aimed at Chromia's chest.

MirageHoundFan
2005-07-21, 04:01 PM
OOC: Sorry for not posting for a bit

Dig Site

Bluestreak watched Speeder enter the tunnel and shifted nervously for a second, then sighed in a "you win" way.

"Wait for me" the gunner called, transforming, then following the other mech inside, his head-lights illuminating the tunnel, then he paused "What was what?"

Chromia
2005-07-21, 04:56 PM
Inside the Temple

The tentacle smacked against Chromia and flung her into the wall. She managed to wrap herself around the Nebulan instead of crushing him.

She got to her hand and knees, and yelled to him:

"Go! Get out of here! We'll cover you!"

As the Nebulan fled the room, she picked up her rifle from the ground and got shakily to her feet. Clearly angered she spaced her rifle and took out a larger weapon.

"Alright. I've had enough of this....."

She knelt and raised the gun to her shoulder and aimed down it's barrell and fired...

>>thwack, thwack! thwack, thwack! <<

She watched as her shots make only small pits in the machines armor.

You gotta be kidding me.....

Another tentacle swept in her direction, so she ducked, spun on one knee, and brought her gun up again to fire at it's base.

Nothing is making a dent in these things! Wait....

She looked behind her to make sure Hot Rod was still in one piece. He was, and giving the other machines a good workout.

She stowed her gun and pulled out one more item. Cradling it, she called out to him...

"Hot Rod...

Duck and cover, kid!"

With that she pulled the fuse on the small thermal detonator and rolled it to the base of the closest machine....

Brave Maximus
2005-07-21, 08:54 PM
The explosion rocked the machine, and while it did only superficial damage, the sheer force of it knocked the front end up. Momentum met resistance by the treads, and for a moment, it seemed to precariously balance on one end, before gravity had it's say. The machine flipped over backwards. The free tenticle trying to right the machine.

If Speeder were in Robot mode, he would have shrugged his shoulders:

"No idea kid - lets go see what's in here......"

As they went deeper into the tunnel\passage way, Speeder detected a faint smell, something familiar, yet distant. His high-beams spread out a bit as the passage way opened up into a large chamber......

Heinrad
2005-07-21, 10:07 PM
Top of the Temple:

Tracks: -slowing counting to himself, stopping when the glowsticks hit, blinks- "We're going to need a lot of rope....." -takes a three more handfulls of glowsticks, cracks and shakes them, then drops them down the hole-

Random Sweep
2005-07-21, 11:37 PM
Climbing back out of the hole as Tracks dropped some more glowsticks down, Spoilsport sat on the edge an blew out a whistle.

" Gonna need a LOT of rope " he said.

Warcry
2005-07-22, 07:10 AM
Inside the Temple

Hot Rod tried to slash off the mechanical arm that had entangled itself around him, but before he could he was tossed backwards by the detonation of Chromia's grenade. He slammed hard into a nearby pillar, Recoil and his lightsabre falling from his grip along the way. An electric snap filled the room for a moment as the energy blade's safety cut in and deactivated it. As it extinguished, the light in the room faded markedly.

Despite having flown perhaps fifty metres from where he had been, the machine's tenticle was still wrapped tightly around his right arm. The cavalier snorted, then threw the severed limb off into the nearest corner. As he pushed himself up to his knees, Hot Rod's optics struggling to find focus. They corrected themselves after a second, though, and he glared at the now-exposed belly of the attacking machine.

Time for the big guns...

A crackling sound filled the room as a large weapon emerged from subspace into Hot Rod's waiting hands. Nearly as long as he was tall, the photon eliminator was something of an anachronism; it had been his main rifle during his days as Rodimus Prime, but as Hot Rod he found it too bulky and powerful to use in most circumstances. Right now, though, he needed all the kick he could get.

Hot Rod steadied himself as best he could, then aimed the photon eliminator towards the middle of the tipped-over machine and pulled the trigger.

If this doesn't stop it, nothing will...

Spinister took his position at the front of the room, then glanced over his troops.

"I hope you all took advantage of our trip to refuel, because we'll be seeing action right away."

His gaze fell on Tracer first.

"It's time for your first duty as my subcommander. The Flamberge's sensors have detected Autobot lifesigns in an isolated area of the planet, but they can't pinpoint the location. Take StarBlade, Scalpel and Thundercracker down to the surface in our small shuttlepod. The cloaking device will protect you from scans while you search for the enemy. When you find them, find out what they're up to. If the opportunity arises, try to capture one of the Autobots for..." he glanced towards Scalpel, "...interrogation."

He glanced towards the other, as-yet-unassigned members of the crew.

"While you harrass the Autobots, the rest of us will land the Flamberge very publicly in the main square of the Nebulan capital city. Hairsplitter, Monzo and Heater will attempt to contact the remnants of the Hive while Weirdwolf, Quake, Singe, Tiptop and myself confront the Nebulan government and terrify them into submission."

AngelOfDeath124
2005-07-22, 01:04 PM
StarBlade listened silently to the orders. As one of the gvroup of four being sent to discover what the Autobots were up to, she knew she'd end up, one way or another, sniping someone. This would either be a good mission, or she'd regret coming along very quickly....

Brave Maximus
2005-07-22, 08:21 PM
"Who know's what that..... there goes some more....." the Micro Master Sniper commented to Bluestreak as they continued into the temple - another set of lights flickered by. "Hey Blue, Transform and see if we can both shed some light on the subject."

The Nebulan who had fitted Tracks with the air filters used one of the machines to lift him to the top of the temple. There he watched the Autobots cracking the glow sticks and throwing them down the hole:

"You look rather perplexed? Or are you just bored?"

Hot Rods shot to the Hive machine hit it in the large square exaust port. With in a few seconds the machine was smoldering and it ceased it's struggling. Dr. Skanda walked out from behind a pillar:

"Well, that was interesting. Everyone, please avoid doing that again?"

Heinrad
2005-07-22, 08:47 PM
Top of Temple:

Tracks: "We need a lot of rope or cable. There's something down at the bottom, but it's a long way down."

Chromia
2005-07-23, 02:52 AM
Chromia nodded to the Nebulan scientist.

"Well, sure thing. I don't have a problem if the machines don't. "

She went over to Hot Rod, assesing any damage her grenades might have done.

"Hey, are you alright? I was kinda hoping you weren't going to be in the blast radius. "

She looked over at the smoking remains of the machine.

"But, good work on that thing. Now, do we continue? Or what?"

Warcry
2005-07-23, 06:31 AM
Inside the Temple

Hot Rod was knocked backwards by the recoil of his huge weapon, but even lying on his back he knew it had been destroyed. Subspacing the photon eliminator, he pushed himself up to his feet and retrieved his lightsabre. Nearby, he could see Recoil scrambling to his feet in a similar manner.

"I'm fine," he told the seemingly-appologetic Chromia. "A little thing like a hand grenade isn't enough to get through my armour."

He glanced towards the far end of the chamber, where a narrow corridor seemed to lead off deeper into the temple.

"We continue," he said, "of course."

We've come this far. No sense in turning back now...

Aero Blade
2005-07-23, 09:57 PM
As they recieved their orders from Spinster, Tracer returned slightly disapointed look. "Just capture one? That's no fun." He'd rather nuke the entire lot of them, but orders were orders, ad he wasn't one to disobey.

Tracer turned to look at his newly asigned troops, nodding slightly to them. No, they certainly weren't the guys he used to be teamed with, but then again those three would've also tried to fight with him for the command position he'd recieved. He silently reveled in it for a moment, then motioned to StarBlade, Scalpel, and Thundercracker. "Well, come on you three, let's get going."

((ooc: Okay, so who wants to pilot our shuttle? ;) ))

AngelOfDeath124
2005-07-23, 11:05 PM
The femme assassin stood and looked at her team leader. Not someone she was familiar with, but new things always come up when one returns after so long. With a sort-of salute to the mission leader Spinister, StarBlade nodded to Tracer.

(No thanks, boss. StarBlade just follows orders, so long as she gets to shoot things:))

Infecticon
2005-07-24, 06:26 AM
Looks like someone forgot I'm on this mission too, Carnivac thought with a bit of amusement. The pretender waited for a few moments before asking Spinister " And what would you like me to do?"

MirageHoundFan
2005-07-25, 11:24 AM
Dig Site

"I don't need to transform to provide light" Bluestreak replied, moving around Speeder, still in vehicle mode and flared his head-lights up at full power, lighting up as much of the chamber as he could.

Random Sweep
2005-07-25, 10:04 PM
Flamberge

Closing his datapad, Scalpel stood and followed Tracer.

Ravage
2005-07-25, 11:37 PM
Quake smiled.

"Sweet I get to blow stuff up! I'll blow stuff up real good!" He cheered grabbing Singe and waiting to leave.

"Good luck buddy!" He shouted to Heater who just nodded.

"Don't get yourself blown up." Heater laughed knowing that Quake was pretty damn good at breaking things into submission.

optimusskids
2005-07-26, 10:49 AM
Monzo : good it will be to back home be. Slagit i'm even starting to talk like that hunk of junk.

Weirdwolf glared at his headmaster from his position slightly behind and to one side of Monzo .

Chromia
2005-07-27, 02:08 AM
Inside the Temple

Chromia nodded at Hot Rod and continued behind him.

"Of course, but, I hope you don't mind if I keep my weapons out."

Brave Maximus
2005-07-27, 10:27 PM
"BY PRIMUS!!!!!" the Micro Master Sniper called out in absolutle shock.

A vetran of many wars and conflicts, he was used to seeing the results of war in all it's horrible shapes and sizes. But what he saw when Bluestreak turned on the extra light turned his fuel processor. This was unlike anything he had ever seen.

The hallway (which it was obvious that it was now) opened into a huge domed room. It obviously took up quite a bit of the 3rd and 4th floors. And the architecture was different from the outside of the main floor (that Speeder had seen). At one end, raised off the ground, was a dais and the ruins of a very ornate throne. As Speeder looked around, he finally realized that it was a collosium type area, with bench seating all around, and those seats were built for Nebulans......

Speeder had not taken this as a collosium at first - but as a torture chamber for mechanoids. In the middle of the circular room were the strewn body parts and limbs of hundreds of differnent types of machines. In some areas there were humanoid robots frozen at the point of killing each other. The floor was stained almost black in mech fluid.

Speeder Transformed and backed out of the room, opening his comm to Dai Atlas:

"Sir, we've got a problem. This is deffinatly not something the Kids should see. Send that Nebulan Doctor up here as soon as you can, I'd love to get her oppinion on this......."

Speeder then turned and looked up and Bluestreak:

"Kid, are you ok?"

Dai Atlas frowned. Speeder's voice had never had that tone in it, the entire time he knew the bot. Something was wrong. The Powered Master opened his comm:

"Hot Rod can you send Dr. Skanda back out here please. Speeder's discovered...... something he wants her to take a look at. On another note, you're in charge of the team now. I may have to leave shortly - keep exploring but keep the site safe."

Chromia
2005-07-27, 11:27 PM
Chromia listened to the message that Dai sent.

After he was done she turned back to Hot Rod.

"What do you suppose they found?"

She was getting very twitchy, and that normally meant that they were heading into trouble....

Over the years, she had learned to trust herself on this.....

Warcry
2005-07-29, 07:05 AM

(OOC: I knew I was forgetting someone...)

Spinister turned to Carnivac.

"You will remain onboard the ship in case one team or another requires emergency backup or extraction. Your shell, however, may accompany the Nebulans on their mission if it is capable of operating at such distances."

Inside the Temple

Hot Rod glanced back at Chromia.

"I wouldn't have it any other way..."

He frowned as Dai Atlas' comm came through.

"Roger that, Dai. I'll send her out, and we'll keep exploring while you're gone."

He looked down to Dr. Skanda.

"Could you head back outside for a minute? It sounds like they've found something they need your opinion on..."

MirageHoundFan
2005-07-29, 05:07 PM
OOC: Will post for my other characters next time I'm able to, on Monday, promise

Dig Site

Bluestreak just stared at the contents of the room in silent horror.

Suddenly he was back in his home-city of Praxus before the big attack, faint screams hitting his audios as he huddled, terrifed, under a pile of rubble, silently praying to Primus they wouldn't find him.

Then Speeder's voice cut through his thoughts and he turned his head-lights off fast before he latched onto the first thing that came to mind, the darkness and began babbling about it, trying desparately to take his mind off what he had seen in that room and the memories it brought flooding to the surface.

Infecticon
2005-07-29, 09:29 PM
Flamberge's Passenger Hold

After briefly nodding to Spinister, Carnivac took a few minutes to think about the pros and cons of letting his shell go with the Nebulons. In the end, Carnivac descided that it was probably better if the shell stayed with him. After all, the Pretender had never tested how much distance he could put between them.

Brave Maximus
2005-07-31, 04:33 AM
If anyone was looking at Dr. Skanda when Hot Rod gave her the message, they would have seen her roll her eyes - a sure sign of her being less than ammused.

"Make sure you record anything. If you can read anything important, call me..... imediatly!"

She turned on her heels and started to stalk out of the temple. She paused and looked up at Chromia

"You, Blue. I need you to give me a lift and help me out."

Speeder looked at Bluestreak, and saw him get that far away look. From deep down inside, Speeder pulled out the voice he used when he was a sniper instructor:

"Bluestreak - out here, Now! I need you to keep an eye out. I've got a feeling we're going to be seeing some action soon - and I need your eyes and mind sharp. Set up a sniping position there:" the Micro Master points to the corner of the temple - somewhere that would give the best field of view, "And let me know if you see anything strange or out of the ordinary."

The Nebulan technician pulled out a PADD and nodded to himself.

"We've got a crane with about a thousand feet reach of cord on it. I've requested that it be moved over here. We were using it to move bolders out of the hole. The down side is - it's really slow. If you get in trouble down there, there's no way to get you up quickly....."

Chromia
2005-07-31, 11:18 PM
Chromia looked down at the smaller Nebulan...

Blue....? Suuuure... She tried hard not to smirk at the woman.

"Of course, Doctor. And my name is Chromia, by the way. Now, what do you need?"

Heinrad
2005-07-31, 11:42 PM
Top of Temple:

Tracks: -nods, looks over at Spoilsport- "Well? Would you want to go down?"

Random Sweep
2005-08-01, 12:55 AM
Spoilsport looked up at Tracks with an unimpressed look.

" Would you like someone to run a key along your finish? " he complained " But I guess I'll do it anyway "

Brave Maximus
2005-08-01, 06:47 AM
Dr. Skanda looked at Chromia:

"It's a way to the outside of the temple. You could start by giving me a lift. You do transform into a vehicle or something, right? Beyond that - You seem to handle stress well, and while the red kid keeps going in the temple - I have no idea what's up stairs, and I want someone who won't get me killed with me."

The massive crane assembly arrived and the technician hooked up a harness to it and smiled at Spoilsport:

"Is the wor... I mean bai..... I mean adventuror ready to head down?"

Random Sweep
2005-08-01, 08:59 AM
Spoilsport narrowed his eyes at the Technician for his last remark

" Just gimme the damn rope " he laughed.

Brave Maximus
2005-08-01, 09:35 AM
The technicial handed the Target Master the harness to put on, with a smile and good natured laugh.

Chromia
2005-08-02, 02:08 AM
Chromia nodded at Dr Skanda.

"Ah, I see. And yes, I do transform into a vehicle. And I also have some extra armor plating that sounds like it's about to come in usefull. Here:"

She transformed into her alt mode and opened a door for the Nebulan..

"Hop on, and point me where you need to go."

As she waited for her to take a seat, she opened a comm channel to Hot Rod..

"Hot Rod, I'm taking Dr Skanda to where Bluestreak and the others are, Contact me if you need me..."

Random Sweep
2005-08-02, 07:19 AM
Slipping on the harness, Spoilsport then kicked his legs out over the edge of the hole and gave the technician the thumbs up

MirageHoundFan
2005-08-02, 11:35 AM
Dig Site

Still babbling, Bluestreak snapped to attention at the undertone of Speeder, then slowly stopped talking to reply "Yessir"
With that, the Datsun backed out of the room, heading back up the tunnel as he switched his head-lights on.

Reaching the ledge, he transformed and edged out to the nearest corner, getting his rifle out, then fitting a long-range view-finder to the top of the barrel before opening a comm-channel to Speeder and waiting....

Warcry
2005-08-03, 04:33 AM
Inside the Temple

Hot Rod nodded to Chromia.

"Be careful," he told her. Then, after a second more musing, he added, "I don't know what the rest of this place looks like, but when I go deeper my comm signal might not be able to get through the rock. If you can't contact me, take command until Dai gets back and don't come after me."

Spinister waited for Tracer's team to depart, so that he could take the Flamberge down towards this world's capital city.

Chromia
2005-08-03, 05:18 AM
Inside the Temple

Don't come after me....

Chromia digested this for a moment...

That wasn't likely to happen, and she was not the kind to ever leave a comrade behind, orders or no orders. But, this wasn't the time to argue.. She'd deal with that later.

"Yes sir." She replied. Then directing her comments to Dr Skanda...

"Well, lets go."

optimusskids
2005-08-03, 06:30 AM
Weirdwolf padded up and down restless and ready for the off.

Chromia
2005-08-04, 11:59 PM
Inside the Temple

Chromia and Dr Skanda rolled quietly through the corridors, to where Speeder was....

Chromia opened a comm channel to him:

"Speeder, give me your coordinates..."

Brave Maximus
2005-08-05, 01:36 AM
"I'm on the 3rd level of the Temple, Chromia. Blue's on the outside with a Rifle. Double check to see if he's ok on your way in - he was pretty shaken up by what's in here."

Speeder stood half way down the tunnel, to about where the light was. He adjusted the Scope on his rifle, and it flickered into image intesifying Night vison. The room flared into life in black and green and white. His frame shuddered at the sights......

Dr. Skanda, sitting in Chromia, looked out as they moved out of the temple and commented, in a half joking tone:

"What? Are all you Transformers blue? First Highbrow, then you and now someone else......."

The Nebulan technician sent a message via his PADD to the operator of the massive crane mechanisim and then started to gesture with a few hand signals.

Slowly the Nebulan Target Master lowered down the hole it was pitch black, only a few feet in, with only a tiny glow at the bottom of the shaft, and a dwindling light at the top.

The technician looked up at the two Autobots as Spoilsport lowered into the hole:

"So, what do you guys figure you'll find down there?" He was only half paying attention, until a thought crossed his mind: "He's got some communication gear, right?"

Chromia
2005-08-05, 04:03 AM
(ooc-I'm already in the Temple...)

"I think I'm right above you, Speeder. And I'll check on Bluestreak if I see him..."

She ended the comm..

Talking to Dr Skanda, she replied...

"No, not everyone is blue. I do admit, I like the color myself. But red is also a nice color..."

She thought of Ironhide wistfully...

"Anyway, I think we're here..."

They entered the chamber beside Speeder. Chromia transformed to allow the doctor to exit, and.....

Felt the energon in her coolant tubes run cold....

Primus............no..........it.....it can't be...............

She slowly transformed back into her bot mode and took a few steps slowly foreword...

With a look of horror etched across her face she whispered...

"It's.....a pit."

Brave Maximus
2005-08-05, 04:43 AM
Even Dr Skanda was taken aback by the sheer brutality of it. She walked down from the upper echelon of the stadium style seating. It was almost pitch black in there, but she could make out the shapes of the destroyed robots:

"An accurate description. And I have a bad feeling what this place is. Chromia, do you have some light we can shine on this place?"

Speeder walked in to the lower arena area, keeping his scope on the new arrivals so he could see them.

(OOC: Kup1 - PM forthcoming :) )

Random Sweep
2005-08-05, 05:01 AM
Descending at a steady pace, Spoilsport came to a section of the Chute which seemed to have a grill along the side. The grill was sloped enough to prevent a decent visual on the room it serviced, but Spoilsport could make out the lower legs of Speeder .

" Who goes there! " he said theatrically

Atop the temple Sureshot nodded at the technician, One of the advantages of our pairing, we can keep in contact fairly easily over short distances.

Brave Maximus
2005-08-05, 05:16 AM
Speeder whirrled around and half pulled the trigger before his memory banks recognized Spoilsport's voice and relaxed his finger.

"Son, you just about bought it!" the Sniper shouted at the grate: "Didn't your momma give you any common sense? I could have......" The rest continued long after Spoilsport had lowered past the point of hearing.

Dr Skanda and Chromia on the other hand, had a birds eye view of a very irate Micro Master.....

"Well, that's good at least. Means we'll know if he gets into trouble."

The Technician's PADD beeped at him and he looked down at it:

"Passing 850feet. Wait, the operator says he's getting slack, he must be at the bottom."

Random Sweep
2005-08-05, 05:26 AM
Nodding silently, Sureshot gave a thumbs up to the technician.

Despite Speeders words, Spoilsport couldn't help but chuckle as he made his way down the chute, which by the sudden lack of echo, he realised, had opened up into a much larger room.

after descending what ended up being quite a long way furthur, Spoilsport finaly touched bottom and started to undo his harness.

Warcry
2005-08-05, 05:33 AM
Inside the Temple

Hot Rod reached the end of the hall and found himself inside a much smaller chamber than the one he'd entered the temple through. Shining his lightsabre on the walls, he saw that they were filled with yet more writing.

He frowned at the nearest set of glyphs.

"Down...lever...here. Hmmm..."

From the floor, Recoil made a pensive noise. "An elevator switch, maybe?"

"Probably," Hot Rod told him. "But how do we make it work?"

The Nebulan shrugged. "We Nebulans tend to like very literal puzzles. So if we were involved..."

"Then pressing the glyph for "here" should open the elevator shaft?" Hot Rod finished. "Well, it's worth a shot, anyway."

Hot Rod moved closer to the wall, the firmly pressed on the brick that housed the "here" glyph. It slid backwards into the wall, but for the moment nothing happened.

"That was-"

He broke off as a grinding sound came from the floor underneath him.

"Oh, slag."

The floor panels beneath him slid away, and Hot Rod fell into darkness.

Chromia
2005-08-05, 01:29 PM
Dig Site

Chromia faintly heard Dr Skanda asking for more light, but she was rooted to the spot as she continued to stare at the scene below.

Even without light, her optics were using other ways to process information, and her memory banks were filling in the rest...

She shudderd...then tore her gaze away.

"Yes...more light. I'm sorry. Here..."

She took a handheld light from her subapace pocket and held it high....

Although she already knew what she was about to see.

Heinrad
2005-08-07, 12:16 AM
Top of Temple:

Tracks: -peering down the shaft- "See anything down there, Spoilsport?"

Warcry
2005-08-07, 06:57 AM
Inside the Temple

Hot Rod fell for what seemed like an eternity, but in reality it was only a few seconds. When his back slammed hard against a stone floor, he let out a low groan.

Pushing himself up to a kneeling position, he heard Recoil call from high above, "Are you alright?"

"More or less," the cavalier replied. "As alright as I can be without knowing where I am, anyway."

After he had assured himself that all of his parts were where they should be, he transformed to vehicle mode and activated his headlights.

He stared at the now-illuminated room in awe.

Orbit

The Flamberge broke orbit, heading down towards the Nebulan capital.

(OOC: Tracer's team can depart whenever Aero Blade has the time, but I've got to get the other operations moving more quickly. :) )

Brave Maximus
2005-08-07, 12:22 PM
"Great, just great...." Dai Atlas' sensors had read the Decepticon Ship heading down near the capital. With in a few seconds he was running and a few seconds more found him airborn and in shuttle mode, heading for the Nebulan Capital.

"I know what this place is. Or at least, I fear I do....." Dr Skanda exclaimed. She typed a few things into her PADD and then looked up at Chromia:

"I've ordered some more lights - they'll bring them in where Speeder came in from..... oh. Speeder! Don't move too much, there's probably traps and stuff down there!"

The Sniper nodded up, his rifle ready just in case.....

Chromia
2005-08-07, 03:28 PM
Dig Site

Chromia stood stiffly as Dr Skanda ordered more lights. She personally wasn't looking foreword herself to seeing more of the area. She'd seen to many ones just like it in the past.

Seeing Speeder raise his rifle higher, she said to him,

"I'm afraid that won't do you any good here. And she's right. This place will be riddled with traps. They were to prevent....."

She edged foreword and whispered, "....Escapes."

Aero Blade
2005-08-08, 01:20 AM
((Alright, can't wait on Thundercracker's player any longer. Gotta move things along))

Arriving in the shuttle bay with his troops, Tracer lead them to the shuttle that had been assigned to them. Once everyone was onboard, Tracer took a spot at the navigation controls, preping their ship for launch.

"Scalpel, you take the sensors consol and look for the Autobots; Starblade, you're weapons control; Thundercracker take the cloaking controls."

Warcry
2005-08-09, 07:10 AM
Inside the Temple

Hot Rod's visual sensors tracked around the section of wall that his lights had illuminated.

What he saw was a story.

He couldn't read it. Not all of it, anyway, but he recoginsed enough of it to know that it was a much-longer version of the inscription that he'd seen near the entrance. The text seemed to go on forever, stretching far away from the beams of his headlights.

Something else caught the cavalier's attention, something shiny and metallic. He felt a growing exitement, but it waned slightly when he realized that the object was just his lightsabre.

Transforming to robot mode, he picked it up and ignited it. Using the energy blade as a light source, he headed to the beginning of the wall-carved story and started to read.

Nebulan airspace, nearing the capital

The Flamberge's sensors detected the approaching Dai Atlas, but calculated that the vessel would have time to secure a landing location before the Autobot could intervene.

Spinister cast sidelong glances at [b]Quake and Weirdwolf.

"Make certain that you and your partners are ready for their assignments," he said.

optimusskids
2005-08-09, 09:34 AM
Weirdwolf

"am ready mission for Sir."

He turned and glared at Monzo

"get over now here yes ."

Monzo looked sullen but slowly limped ever so slightly over.

MirageHoundFan
2005-08-09, 12:38 PM
Dig Site

Still on guard-duty, Bluestreak had noticed Chromia enter the tunnel, then the gunner sat down, leaning his rifle against the wall as he got a small Cybertronian container of Energon out, opened it and sipped at it, his optics scanning the nearby area for any signs of trouble.

AngelOfDeath124
2005-08-09, 01:07 PM
StarBlade nodded to Tracer and took position at the weapons control. Not something she was used to, but she'd done it a few times before. She focused on making sure the weapons were operational, then waited for launch.

Chromia
2005-08-09, 01:52 PM
In the Temple

As Dr Skanda busied herself, Chromia took another step foreword to get a better look of the.....Pit.

As she did, she stepped over a stone that was marked with a yellow glyph. When she reached the edge of the seating, an entire row of the stones set into the wall all around the pit began to glow with a yellowish light.

First with a soft glow, and then Chromia stepped back in surprise, crossing the same stone and they began to alternate with a stronger light, yellow, then red, then back to yellow...

"Oh.." She said to herself.... "This doesn't look good..."

Finally a low whine filled the area, and Chromia turned to leave the seating area, the entire chamber was flooded with a strong harsh light, and three cables snaked out of the high ceiling to grab her.

Chromia struggled with them for a moment as she was lifted off of her feet and thrown into the center of the pit.

She tore on of the cables free, and looked back up at Dr Skanda and Speeder...

"Speeder! Stay back! It recognizes Transformers...Get...."

She was cut off as one of the cables snaked it's way across her mouth and held her to the ground. One of remaining cables suddendly sprouted a saw blade that whipped it's way towards her face.

She ducked it at the last second, and tore it from the end of the cable. Struggling to her feet, she finally removed the last one...and a piece of her armor plating from her neck.

She made a move to draw her rifle, when the ground beneath her feet opened up and she fell into the darkness......

Brave Maximus
2005-08-09, 03:25 PM
Speeder raised his Rifle, but not in time. Chromia was doing just fine with the booby trap up where she was - until the floor came out from under her - literally.

Speeder made an attempt to start up, but the Nebulan scientist held her hand up and Speeder stopped:

"Unless you've got about 200 feet of rope hidden on you somewhere, I don't think we can help her at the moment. We're going to have to wait to see if she contacts us at the moment. There's just too many traps for your kind in here. It's not specified to Transformers - but any sort of mechanical life. This was an arena where the Hive fought using Mechanical Proxies and their mental powers. This is where the first Lord Zarak took the throne. Head outside, I'll see what I can do." Dr. Skanda explained to the Micro Master.

With reluctence, Speeder nodded and headed out the tunnel as Nebulan Techs came in.

They know what they're doing, I guess. More than I know anyway......

He walked up to Bluestreak, but before he could comment - his comm went off:

Dai Atlas was flying low and fast, but not fast enough. There was no way he could make it to the capital before the ship landed. Instead he opened his comm to Galen:

"High Councilor Galen. My sensors indicate you've got a Decepticon War Ship landing in the capital - I am en route, but will not arrive before they land." His voice was cold and irritated. Not at the Nebulan - but at his own inability to be there first.

"We've spotted him Dai." Galen responded, with the coolness of a born leader - matching Dai's intensity. "Civil Defense is prepaired. If they make a hostile move - it won't last long."

"Roger that Galen. I'll meet you at the LZ."

The large Autobot then opened a different comm system:

"Contact Speeder, Zone Master encryption Mika, Alpha, Tango, Romeo, India, Xray on narrow band LOS and full ECM:

Comm scrambled, full security protocol and channel open

1 Raptor, many possible hatchlings. Unknown intent - keep your optics open."

With that, Dai Atlas continued on his way to the Nebulan Capital

Speeder closed his comm with a sigh, and opened up a small, local channel to all the Autobots:

"We've got unfriendlies on-planet. Numbers are unknown - but they've got a ship. Probably a warship, and heavily armed and armoured. No idea how many troops. Everyone keep your Optics open for a possible attack."

Warcry
2005-08-09, 08:07 PM
Inside the Temple

Hot Rod read over the glyphs for a second time, unable to believe exactly what they said.

This is like something out of mythology, he told himself. Although he couldn't read all of the words, what he could read was more than enough to send a shiver through his body.

The story was essentially the same as what he'd seen on the upper level, but this version was written like a religious text. References to obscure parts of Cybertron's mythology abounded. One paragraph told the tale of Primus and Unicron, of how they fought for millennia and of how Primus eventually came to create the Transformers. After that, it told of a great warrior, a servant of Primus who had gone out in search of Unicron's heralds but had been slain by them on this very planet.

It told of many other things, but what most interested Hot Rod was a solitary glyph set into the wall, several metres away from the end of the text. The glyph, or rather, the word it represented, send a fresh shiver through him.

During his time as Rodimus Prime, as he had studied the prophecies of the Chosen One, he had come across that glyph far too often. It was a modified version of the regular word 'chosen', and it was only ever used in one context. It referred to him, the Chosen One, the one who touched the Matrix and was remade in the image of it's creator.

Even more disturbing was what accompanied the glyph. An arrow, pointing downwards.

Whoever wrote this wants me to explore the bowels of this place, he realized. Well, far be it from be to disappoint a bunch of long-dead religious zealots...

Hot Rod moved deeper into the temple, trying to find another trick floor...or preferably, a stairway.

"We'v...ndlies on-plan...t. Numbers are unk...got a ship. Prob...arship, and heavily armed and...any troops. Everyone keep...s open f...attack."

Recoil tapped at his earpiece as the garbled transmission came through, frowning.

The stone is already interfering with comm signals, even this close to the doorway. Wonderful.

"Hot Rod, did you catch that?"

No reply echoed up from the pit that the cavalier had fallen into.

"Hot Rod?"

Even better...

Nebulan Capital

The Flamberge flew over the city, creating a sonic boom that shattered windows and damaged buildings. It decelerated, then positioned itself over a large public park. Activating it's landing thrusters, it decended to the ground.

Spinister turned to his team.

"We have arrived."

Pressing a button, he lowered the ship's main ramp.

optimusskids
2005-08-09, 08:42 PM
Weirdwolf padded over to the ramp

"won't Autoscum here be coming investigate to yes?"

Random Sweep
2005-08-09, 11:33 PM
Scalpel frowned at Tracer\ but took the assigned seat.

Doesn't this kretin realise that I am a scientist and interrogator, not a radar limpet.

Dig Site

Sensing his parners saftey, Sureshot turned to Tracks

" Spoilsport is ok, I think he is pretty far down and can't hear us though "

Temple

Spoilsport picked up one of the glow sticks and begain to search the walls of the chamber

Chromia
2005-08-10, 02:42 AM
Inside the Temple

Chromia opened her optics and realised three things...

1) She was flat on her back.

2) It was very dark.

3) She had no idea where she was....

Ah.....Well, that could have gone ...better.

She scrambled to her feet, and lit one of her portable lamps.

She looked around at the space she was in, and frowned.

She tried to open a comm to any of the others on her team...

"Hot rod"

"Speeder? "

"Bluestreak? , Hey, anyone read me?"

Ravage
2005-08-10, 03:46 AM
Quake smiled and looked at Tiptop who nodded.

"Finally I get to blow something up!" He cheered and transformed into tank mode Tiptop transformed and landed on top of Quakes cannon and waited to exit and wipe out anything stupid enough to be in his way.

Infecticon
2005-08-10, 04:09 AM
" Good hunting" Carnivac said to Weirdwolf, getting ready to walk over to the shuttle's controls as soon as the other Decepticons and Nebulons were off on their part of the mission.

Warcry
2005-08-10, 05:06 AM
Nebulan Capital

Spinister stalked down the ramp, with Singe on one shoulder and Hairsplitter trailling. The latter started to look around, trying to get his bearings so that he would know where he should lead his group of Nebulans.

optimusskids
2005-08-10, 06:17 AM
Monzo limped down the ramp and glared at the surroundings. He limped over to join Hairsplitter,"

Weirdwolf padded down the ramp. He turned and looked at Carnivac

"Thank you much very mate pack, yes. "

AngelOfDeath124
2005-08-10, 10:15 PM
StarBlade followed behind her teammates. She was slightly quicker on the draw than most, simply because she was more used to combat on the run then face-to-face combat. Optics flicked back and forth, looking for hostiles, waiting.

Brave Maximus
2005-08-11, 12:42 AM
If Starblade was looking for 'hostiles' they weren't that hard to spot. On the outside of Freedom Memorial Park - 7 heavy machines rolled up - each of obvious Hive design though modified and repainted in the new national Nebulos Colours. They ringed the park, and the Flambrige - but moved no closer.

At the front of the park, looking in on the Decepticon forces, a man walked out. He was waring normal clothing, nothing fancy, but a medallion around his neck and the way people treated him, suggested he was more.

He spoke through the parks PA system:

"Decepticons. This is High Councilor Galen. State your business."

ETA 2 Minutes........

The Powered Master pushed his engines to the maximum and beyond.

Chromia
2005-08-11, 01:14 AM
In the Temple

Chromia waited for a response and decided that one wasn't coming...

I must be too deep for the comm...Okay...lets see where I am...

Holding the light above her, she walked slowly into the darkness....

..right into a wall.

Hard.

Primus! well, at least no one saw that one...

She put her hand on the wall and started to feel around for a trigger or anything, and found a small, almost hidden lever.

Hesitently she pulled it down, and jumped aside as a portion of the wall slid aside.

She debated for a moment and then stepped through it, only to have the wall close behind her, and another section of the floor fall out beneath her.

Not again!!!

She slid through a small chute into another room that was also dark and landed on her backside...

Hard.

Ohh, this is starting to get old really fast....

However, she saw a light moving not too far away. One that looked familiar, and beside it was....

"Hot Rod?"

Aero Blade
2005-08-11, 01:41 AM
Tracer realized his crew probably was just about as uncomfortable in their ship possitions as he was, not being much of a pilot either, but he hoped with their possitions they'd have enough knowledge to run their spots with minimal problems.

Tracer noted the appearance of the Nebulans, but didn't give them too much consideration asside from a wary eye. "We'll let the crew on ship deal with them. We need to locate the autobots, not waste time on fleshies, but deal with them if necissary," Tracer noted to Starblade.

Once they had everyone settled and the stealth mechanisms on the shuttle had been activated, Tracer guided the shuttle out of the Flamberge slipping around the farside of the nebulan troops and begining to head towards their destination. Once they were safely en-route, he adressed the rest of the crew. "Alright, if anyone has any unique ideas on how to tackle the Autobots, let's hear it. And is there any particular type of autobot you want us to snatch?" He said specificly to Scalpel.

Heinrad
2005-08-11, 02:36 AM
Top of Temple:

Tracks: -straightens, starts looking around, activates commlink- "I read you, Speeder, but you're really breaking up." -deactivates commlink, pulls his black beam gun and brings his overhead laser cannons on line, starts scanning the skies as he heads over to the edge facing the clearing facing the roads, starts looking for Decepticons-

Ravage
2005-08-11, 03:22 AM
Quake decided to hold his fire. Well until someone else started to shoot. Then if something got blew up. Opps.

Warcry
2005-08-11, 05:06 AM
Capital City

Spinister casually glanced downward at Galen, showing absolutely no concern for the Nebulan military vehicles who had arrived on the scene.

"Our business here," he said in a calm, reasonable tone, "is our own. If you or your people interfere in it, I will be forced to take action that both of us will regret. On the other hand, if you leave us alone we will go about out business and leave your world in peace. I have no desire to slaughter innocent Nebulans. I respect your people."

His optics darkened.

"But make no mistake. If the Nebulans interfere in our business or aid the Autobots against us in any way, the Decepticon Empire will carry out a holocaust against your people. My orders are clear," he said, "and so were the contingency plans that will be carried out if my crew fails to return."

Hairsplitter glanced over at Monzo, then Heater.

"So much for quietly slipping into the city," he said. "You guys think we can slip out and do our job while the big guys have the army's attention?"

Beneath the Temple

Hot Rod's search for a means to get down to a lower level was interrupted when a feminine voice called out to him. For a short, irrational moment, he thought that Arcee had somehow followed him here. He shook the ridiculous thought away, though.

"Chromia?" he called.

The cavalier closed with the femme, his lightsabre illuminating her features. He noticed her somewhat banged-up appearance.

Another trick floor, I'll bet...

"I thought I told you not to follow me..." he said with a smile.

Inside the Temple

Recoil started back towards the entrance, hoping to get a signal though.

"Speeder, do you read me?"

Ravage
2005-08-11, 05:16 AM
Heater nodded.

"If the local police are as dense as they were back in my dealing days, I think we would be fine." He said looking down an alleyway.

optimusskids
2005-08-11, 06:04 AM
Monzo nodded

"That should work , although we could do with finding some clothes. Something to make us less conspicuous."

Brave Maximus
2005-08-11, 08:09 AM
"The second you try something, Decepticon, you'll have me to answer to"

Dai Atlas transformed to robot mode, weapons not drawn, his arms across his chest and slowly lowered to the ground, allowing the Nebulans to move out of his way.

Galen stayed where he was, his voice was amplified by the machines speaker system:

"Any attempt at a hostile action on the planet of Nebulos will be met with full military force. The Nebulan government has requested Autobot assistance in an internal matter. But your war is not welcome on this planet. Is that understood?"

"Just barely Recoil" Speeder responded to the Nebulan Target Master. "What's up?"

Infecticon
2005-08-11, 09:47 AM
Flamberge

" Your welcome" Carnivac said to Weirdwolf.

Chromia
2005-08-11, 04:39 PM
Beneath the Temple

Chromia looked up at Hot Rod from where she sat in the ground and shook her head...

"Very funny, kid. I wasn't following you...."

She scrambled to her feet and brushed herself off.

"But, it seems that whoever built this..thing, seems to want to keep us together."

She looked around for a moment, then remembered her previous experiences with an Arena similar to this one.

"It's possible that it's tracking us....Maybe leading us somewhere?"

AngelOfDeath124
2005-08-11, 09:49 PM
StarBlade nodded once to Tracer, having no problem dealing with the Nebulans should they turn hostile. She quietly listened to the threats going back and forth between Spinister and the gold medallion-wearing man until the Autobot made himself known. The assassin, seeing he had no weapons drawn, refrained from drawing her own, simply waiting to see which side blinked first.

Warcry
2005-08-12, 04:46 AM
Capital City

Spinister gave Dai Atlas a contemptuous glare. However, he didn't dignify the Autobot's self-important declaration with a response. Instead, he turned back to Galen.

"You brought the war here," he said with equal (albeit small) amounts of frustration and pity in his voice. "By inviting the Autobots, you have all but assured that your world will become a battleground. I strongly suggest that you don't do anything to make your situation any worse. Taking military action against us will accomplish nothing aside from the meaningless death of countless Nebulan sodiers.

"Furthermore, you do not speak for your entire race. There are many groups here who would welcome a Decepticon presence. If you and your government truly believe in the civil liberties that you have instituted, then you will make no attempt to stop us from speaking with them."

That said, he returned his gaze to Dai Atlas.

"And you...what could your faction possibly stand to gain that justifies endangering the Nebulan populace like this? The Autobots, who claim to be the protectors of all life..." He shook his head in disgust. "This is the second time your people have put the lives of the Nebulan population at risk. You sicken me."

His voice remained calm the whole time he spoke. Although some traces of emotion could be heard in his voice, the Targetmaster was firmly in control of them.

Hairsplitter gave Monzo a sidelong glance.

"I don't know about you, but I tend to wear clothes under the armour...that metal can get damned cold."

Seeing Dai Atlas arrive, he shrugged.

"Something tells me that no one is going to be looking at us for the next few minutes..."

Beneath the Temple

Hot Rod shrugged.

"There's worse people to be entombed with, I guess..."

He considered her suggestion that something might be monitoring them, but shook his head.

"I'd have a hard time believing that anything would still be working in such an old building. I guess anything's possible, though..."

He pointedly didn't mention the disturbing symbol of the Chosen One that he'd seen. It would only confuse the femme...and besides, the last thing he wanted to do was discuss his connections to a bunch of ancient prophecies that he only half-believed.

"I was looking for a passage leading farther down," he said. "Have you seen anything like that?"

Temple Entrance

Recoil sighed.

This isn't going to go over well...

"I've lost Hot Rod," he told Speeder. "The kid managed to fall through a trick floor of some kind. He was talking to me for a while, but either he wandered off or another booby trap got him."

Ravage
2005-08-12, 05:52 AM
Quake thought to himself.

"Wow Spinster is smarter than I thought!" As Tiptop would have smacked him if he could.

"Be quiet your thinking outloud again!" his targetmaster partner said trying not to laugh.

"Oh! Sorry!" Quake waited, hopiing to be told he could open fire soon. All of this trying not to blow things apart was causing him to be more twitchy than normal.

Heater looked at the group.

"Hmm well I have a hideout around here. I am sure I have plenty of clothes for the lot of us." He said looking at the group.

Random Sweep
2005-08-12, 06:15 AM
Making his way around the huge chamber, Spoilsport came across some strange markings.

Putting his hand close to the marking set off a burst of vapor that hit him in the face.

Taken back a few steps by the suprise, but otherwise unharmed by the vapors ( which were neutralized by his inbuilt filters ) Spoilsport steped back up to the markings, which were now shown to be on a small panel which had swung open when the vapors poured out.

Inside the panel was a small switch which the nebulan flicked.

In a flash the huge chamber ( which was even bigger than he first thought ) was illuminated and a giant door began to open on the far wall.

Turning around just as the lights died off again, Spoilsport made his way by the light of the glowsticks back towards the door....

Chromia
2005-08-12, 12:48 PM
Beneath the Temple

"Further down?" She asked him. After thinking for a moment, she shook her head.

"Not that I've seen, why?" Chromia stepped closer to where Hot Rod was reading the ancient writing.

"Have you been able to read any more of this?"

MirageHoundFan
2005-08-12, 05:32 PM
Dig Site

Hearing Speeder's transmission, Bluestreak put his flask of energon down and reached for his rifle, glancing at the Micromaster and inquiring "You want me to take a sniper's position away from the temple, in case they come in this direction and someone needs to stop 'em"

Warcry
2005-08-13, 05:27 AM
Capital City

Hairsplitter nodded to Heater.

"Sounds like a plan. Lead the way."

Beneath the Temple

"I can read a bit of it, Chromia," Hot Rod said vaguely. "Enough that I've got a good idea that whatever we're looking for is still below us."

Heinrad
2005-08-13, 08:42 PM
Top of temple:

Tracks: -frowning- "I don't see anything yet, Sureshot." -looking around- "I hate to say it, but we're awfully exposed up here. We need cover of some kind." -looks over at the Nebulan with the crane- "Is there anything we could set up as cover up here?"

optimusskids
2005-08-13, 10:37 PM
Monzo nodded

"yes after you."

Ravage
2005-08-13, 11:41 PM
"Alright." Heater said.

"Just if anyone talks to me let me do the talking." He said and they started for Heater's "Hideout".

Warcry
2005-08-14, 06:12 AM
Capital City

Hairsplitter followed Heater, trying to attract as little attention to himself as he possibly could.

Brave Maximus
2005-08-14, 09:40 AM
As the lights went on in the basement, the temple itself lit up for a few seconds. The entire temple illuminated for a breif moment. Unfortunatly, that was all the power that was left. A moment after everything flickered to life, it was plunged into darkness again leaving the temple a silent tomb again.

"Great, more surprises" Speeder sighed.

"Recoil, Chromia dissappeared in much the same way. We can't spare any more troops from the front line to go looking for them. If you want to investigate - go a head. Use an Ion pulse if you find them - two if they are in trouble. That should be able to be detected through what ever this thing is built from."

Speeder looked over at Bluestreak:

"Yeah, head out to see what you can see. Stay within 500 metres of the excavation site and keep in constant comms."

Nothing good can come of this, I hope Dai's fairing better

"I am the fairly elected leader of this planet and represent the majority of the citizens. They have the right to speak their minds - but there will not be insurections by reminant Hive factions. Peace is our objective here - and peace is all that we will allow." Galen said to the Decepticon forces. "It is you who have the choice to bring this war back to Nebulos. If you are peaceful, and do not raise your weapons - you will not be harmed."

Dai Atlas' fingers dug into his arm. His first instinct was to pull out his rifle and level this pretentious Decepticon right there. But this was not his planet, and Galen wanted to give talking a chance. Dai Atlas knew that it would not end well, but he respected the Nebulos' leaders wish........ For now.

Ravage
2005-08-14, 11:39 PM
As Heater walked down an alleyway to his "hideout" a street thug came out of a side street.

"Hey man what you doing in this hood!?" *Yes I am assuming that Nebulous has homies as well*. Heater paused and looked at the thug.

"You know man you got to pay the toll!" He thug yelled out as Heater grabbed him by the throat.

"Look you annoying punk, why don't you leave before I burn a hole the size of your head through your midsection." He growled as the thug turned white in the face then wide eyed.

"Yo yo yo, Heater is that you!?" The thug asked.

Oh great this is so not what I need now. Heater sighed.

"Yes, yes it's me. Why do you ask?" He said annoyed.

"Man you came back to retake the hood right?! I mean the police have really busted this place up since you left man!" The thug explained rather rapidly.

"Ok, ok, well you know right now I am a bit busy with my assoicates here. So I would really appreacate it if you would you know leave." He said trying not to draw any more attention than he needed to his comrades.

"Ok man! But you take care and if you need anything man you say so." The thug said running down the street.

Heater looked at the rest of the group.

"Well it would seem I am missed. Anyway we have more important things than to do deal with this fools. My hideouts about a block from here anyway." He said and continued to his hideout.

Chromia
2005-08-15, 03:36 AM
Beneath the Temple

"Oh, I see." Chromia answered Hot Rod.

She stepped closer to the writing on the wall....

Running her hand over it, she saw some similarities to one of the older writing styles from Cybertron.

"Can you tell why they built this yet? Or..."

She looked closer, trying to read any of them, but had no luck.

"Or how long it's been here?"

Warcry
2005-08-15, 06:00 AM
Capital City

Spinister replied calmly to Galen.

"Your air of superiority is misplaced, fleshling. Your predecessors siezed power in a bloody armed insurrection against Lord Zarak, who, lest we forget, was the fairly-elected leader of Nebulos. Your position is hypocritical, considering that your government frequently persecutes innocent Hive members. Arresting and interrogating them without evidence, accusing them of being terrorists solely because they don't subscribe to the same political ideals as you do."

He glanced to Singe out of the corner of his optic, thankful that his morose partner had spent most of the trip reading Nebulan news feeds and had thought to summarize them.

"Not a hallmark of a free and just society."

He gestured to the various Nebulan military vehicles that surrounded the park.

"If you truly wish for peace, then remove your military blockade and allow us to conduct our business. If not, then attack us now and show your people how hollow your government's promises of freedom truly are."

That last comment was tacked on for the benefit of the various news crews who had arrived to film the confrontation. If he couldn't convince the Nebulan leader to behave reasonably, the least he could do would be to tarnish his image with the electorate.

Hairsplitter forced back the urge to discharge his arm-mounted laser into the punk's guts. He continued to follow along behind Heater.

Beneath the Temple

Hot Rod jumped as the lights flickered on, but recovered his composure quickly. Something in a far corner of the room caught his attention, but the lights died again before he could see what it was. As they deactivated, he answered Chromia.

"The 'why' is pretty easy," he said. "This whole place is a tomb for some sort of holy warrior. As far as the 'how long' goes, no clue. But just from the look of the place, it would have to be hundreds of thousands of vorns old at least."

He turned a bit, heading towards the oddity that he'd seen.

Outside the Temple

"I'd love to, Speeder, but Nebulans aren't really built to withstand hundred-foot falls."

Recoil shrugged, then leaned against the outer wall of the temple and shunk to the ground.

MirageHoundFan
2005-08-15, 06:08 PM
Dig Site

"Yes, sir" Bluestreak nodded, keeping the comm-channel he had opened to Speeder earlier open, then slinging his rifle over one shoulder before climbing down the side of the temple.

As soon as his feet touched the ground, the gunner moved out, stopping 500 metres from the temple and using the cover of some nearby trees as he watched and waited.

Chromia
2005-08-16, 01:40 AM
Beneath the Temple

"Holy Warrior?" Chromia asked him.

"Why does that sound...familiar?"

As the lights flickered on and off, she jumped and drew her weapon.

While she scanned the room, she saw Hot Rod walking towards something in the corner....

Walking up to him, she put a hand on his arm.

"Wait. It could be another trap...."

Heinrad
2005-08-16, 02:19 AM
Top of Temple:

Tracks: -sees Bluestreak moving out, looks back over at Sureshot and the Nebulan Crane Operator- "Really, guys, we need some kind of cover up here. Otherwise, they'll clear us off with a strafing run."

Arcee
2005-08-16, 03:01 AM
Thundercracker was seated in the shuttle with Tracer's small crew. "I suggest we do what we always do - take out the biggest threats first," he said.

((OOC: I'm back, please forgive my absence - I had a busy time. Catching-up for my namesake and Thrust to follow.))

Warcry
2005-08-16, 05:15 AM
Beneath the Temple

"It could be," Hot Rod conceded. "But the traps have kept us going downwards so far, Chromia. I think whoever designed this place wanted us to find whatever's down there."

Either that, or they're luring us into a killing field. Prob'ly shouldn't worry the femme with that thought, though...

Random Sweep
2005-08-16, 06:31 AM
Scalpel looked curiously at the radar screen as a blip showed up moving away from the anchient temple.

" Tracer , Look at this. " he said.

" You are probably right Tracks " Sureshot said, pulling a photon rifle out of subspace " But I don't see too much cover up here. "

Aero Blade
2005-08-16, 07:58 PM
Tracer took a moment to check out the screen Scalpel had indicated, then let out a low chuckle.

"Well, looks like an Autobot decided to make things easier for us. Why don't we go say 'hello' to him?" Tracer said, changing their shuttle's course to intercept.

Heinrad
2005-08-16, 08:37 PM
Top of Temple:

Tracks: -motions towards the crane- "I was hoping we could move some boulders or something similiar up here with that. Then we could take cover behind them."

AngelOfDeath124
2005-08-16, 09:30 PM
StarBlade, listening to Tracer and Scalpel, moved to see what they were looking at on the radar. Seeing a lone 'Bot-blip on the screen, she grinned evilly.

"What an easy target... Do we capture him, or what, boss?"

Chromia
2005-08-17, 03:45 AM
Beneath the Temple

"I suppose, however..."

She primed her rifle, and stepped up to his side.

"I dont know about you, but I'm getting tired of this place making the rules. "

She paused, and then continued.

"I'm not sure if you knew this, but....I've, I was once...."

She sighed.

"When I was younger, I was forced to fight in an Area. Just like this one. And I want to know how one of these places ended up on a planet like this."