http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread82767.html

Right: Lugnutz (US Road Storm)

Left: ????? (NOT Deluxe Unicron!)

Dennis
2005-09-26, 08:05 AM
the red one looks nice.
Ive never seen the motorcycle before
the grey robot may be a galvatron micro
and the silver and white may be a ultra red alert micro.

Nevermore
2005-09-26, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Dennis
Ive never seen the motorcycle before

As I said, it's the Hasbro version of Galaxy Force Road Storm (http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act373/).

the grey robot may be a galvatron micro
and the silver and white may be a ultra red alert micro.

They are. Hasbro just showed them at BotCon.

SynjoDeonecros
2005-09-26, 11:43 AM
Wait, wait, wait.... they're remaking Unicron as a HOVER TANK?! My god, I thought they were going to redesign his planet mode! Honestly, in my mind, there's only one alternate form that Primus and Unicron can have, and that's as a giant ball of techno terra firma floating around in space...

RID Scourge
2005-09-26, 01:07 PM
I like the red one, especially his lobster claws. :up:

Darth Zax
2005-09-26, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by SynjoDeonecros
Wait, wait, wait.... they're remaking Unicron as a HOVER TANK?! My god, I thought they were going to redesign his planet mode! Honestly, in my mind, there's only one alternate form that Primus and Unicron can have, and that's as a giant ball of techno terra firma floating around in space...

it's not unicron.

SynjoDeonecros
2005-09-26, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Darth Zax
it's not unicron.

I know the toy in the pic isn't Unicron, but sources state that Unicron is supposed to be some kind of tank-like thing (possibly a hover tank) with a big shoulder-mounted cannon on it. Again, I canNOT see Unicron being anything other than a big-ass planet, and I'm betting he'll be called something else, once he's released (at least here in America).

Jaynz
2005-09-26, 03:19 PM
You know, if they were CLEVER.. they could go this route and call him 'Shockaract' ... Since Unicron as anything but a planet is a bit of a 'name dishonor' , and this would be an immense fan-nod, yes?

RID Scourge
2005-09-26, 03:54 PM
Ahhh . . . nothing like the good old "trukk not munkey" argument taking on a new form . . .

Darth Zax
2005-09-26, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by TFVanguard
You know, if they were CLEVER.. they could go this route and call him 'Shockaract' ... Since Unicron as anything but a planet is a bit of a 'name dishonor' , and this would be an immense fan-nod, yes?

now if he were black and named the fallen or liege maximo...

SynjoDeonecros
2005-09-26, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by RID Scourge
Ahhh . . . nothing like the good old "trukk not munkey" argument taking on a new form . . .

Not quite. Y'see, the 'trukk not munkey' argument was pretty much made invalid, since Primal wasn't meant to be Prime, in any context. Also, in the case of Unicron, the guy's such an iconic character, built up with a VERY specific purpose and design in mind (unlike Optimus Prime, whose character format wouldn't necessarilly dictate his alternate form), that molding him into anything BUT the giant planet-former we all know and love/hate would simply make no kind of sense, whatsoever. That, and we already HAVE a Unicron toy; just improve on the design a little, refigure teh gimicks for use with a Force Chip, and there you go!

RID Scourge
2005-09-26, 07:18 PM
Actually, Hasbro owns the name, so they could make a repainted wheelie and call him Unicron, and it would be Unicron because they said so.

The thing is, the story calls for Unicron to be born in a new form. I really can't see Primus or whoever restoring him as the same monster that nearly destroyed cybertron.

SynjoDeonecros
2005-09-26, 07:53 PM

The thing is, the story calls for Unicron to be born in a new form. I really can't see Primus or whoever restoring him as the same monster that nearly destroyed cybertron.

Okay, in that context, I can understand, but still, a TANK?! Even IF it's not the planet-muncher that he used to be, it's STILL an instrument of mass destruction. Why didn't Primus reformat him into something more benign, like a flower, or a rock, or a spare tire? Can't do much terrorizing the universe if you're unable to move and have nothing to attack helpless solar systems with, right?

Knightdramon
2005-09-26, 09:02 PM
Okay, in that context, I can understand, but still, a TANK?! Even IF it's not the planet-muncher that he used to be, it's STILL an instrument of mass destruction. Why didn't Primus reformat him into something more benign, like a flower, or a rock, or a spare tire? Can't do much terrorizing the universe if you're unable to move and have nothing to attack helpless solar systems with, right?

You don't know that Primus reformatted him. And you should better wait until you see the final product in execution. BW Neo Unicron transformed into a dragon, yet nobody complained. Would a tank really hurt?

Furthermore, Unicron was never a "character". If anybody can tell me the reasons behind his destroying the universe and his personal thoughts about it, I'll give you a cookie. Or if you can define him with words like 'arrogant' 'deceited' 'coward'.

Releasing the Unicron toy YET again would be suicide for Hasbro, since you can find the first version of the toy still clogging shelf space. Those who did buy Unicron had two chances to do it, and those who haven't [little children] won't be able to. They have Starscream and Primus in that price range.

I can't wait to see the toy and if it's executed right, I'll buy it in an instance. Some people want a Unicron that won't take up half a shelf...

RID Scourge
2005-09-27, 02:19 AM

I have a feeling that the implication is that he has to still be a source of evil (flower really wouldn't do much evil), just not to the point, where he can destroy the universe.

Darth Zax
2005-09-27, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Knightdramon
You don't know that Primus reformatted him. And you should better wait until you see the final product in execution. BW Neo Unicron transformed into a dragon, yet nobody complained. Would a tank really hurt?

Furthermore, Unicron was never a "character". If anybody can tell me the reasons behind his destroying the universe and his personal thoughts about it, I'll give you a cookie. Or if you can define him with words like 'arrogant' 'deceited' 'coward'.

Releasing the Unicron toy YET again would be suicide for Hasbro, since you can find the first version of the toy still clogging shelf space. Those who did buy Unicron had two chances to do it, and those who haven't [little children] won't be able to. They have Starscream and Primus in that price range.

I can't wait to see the toy and if it's executed right, I'll buy it in an instance. Some people want a Unicron that won't take up half a shelf...

a dragon?! pics?

Knightdramon
2005-09-27, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Darth Zax
a dragon?! pics?

Sorry man...no pics. If you can find a place with screenshots from BW Neo, chances are he'll be there.

SynjoDeonecros
2005-09-27, 02:21 PM

Ah but BW Neo Unicron was first and foremost a PLANET, with a secondary dragon alternate mode. I believe he only used it on the rare occasions that his monstrous Planet or Robot modes couldn't cut it.

As for how he's a character, it's quite simple: He's the most important character in the entire Transformers mythos. In nearly every format of the Transformers storyline, without Unicron to oppose Primus, there wouldn't have even BEEN any Transformers, since his pressence precipitated the need to build them. Even the G1 storyline, which had very little connections between Primus and Unicron, still had the Transformers tied in with the Chaos Bringer in one way or the other. If you can think of Primus as 'God' for the Transformers, then Unicron is most cerrtainly their 'Devil'.

And I was talking about releasing an updated mold of the Armada toy, or possibly a tweaked version of the unreleased BW Neo toy. One of the major complaints was that Armada Unicron was too brick-like and kiddish in its mold, with nearly a deflated-basketball like feel to it. With Primus, they've demonstrated that they CAN make a fairly detailed and accurate ROUND planet form, while still giving us one of the most amazing and well-articulated gadget-laiden transformers so far. Taking the Armada toy and making it more believable and less Duplo in design wouldn't be all that bad.

Finally, my line about Primus reformatting Unicron makes perfect sense, considering what we know of the final plot for the end of the show: Primus is awakened and seals the Grand Black Hole caused by Unicron's destruction; Unicron is reborn in its wake, albiet in a smaller, vehicle mode. Primus would obviously wouldn't let Unicron be remade as the giant planet-chomping rock that he was, or anything that he could easilly build up to his old form from, so forcing a reformat into a less suitable form would make sense. Why something destructive like a TANK, I dunno (maybe to retain at least a little of Unicron's destructive power and ensuring the sanctity of the balance between good and evil?), but you gotta admit, a tank would not be as easy to build his old body out of than, say...an asteroid or something.

Knightdramon
2005-09-27, 02:35 PM
You are reading way too much into it.

I say wait until the figure comes out and then judge everything. It's like complaining that they made Wheeljack a Ford Mustang GT instead of a Lancia Stratos; he's still the same character.

And you could try to read the toy comment. The Unicron mould will not justify the money spend to remould it if it was released again. And Primus is not that well articulated. I personally haven't seen any, ANY poses of him besides just standing or holding one of his hands up.

SynjoDeonecros
2005-09-27, 06:43 PM
You are reading way too much into it.

And you could try to read the toy comment. The Unicron mould will not justify the money spend to remould it if it was released again. And Primus is not that well articulated. I personally haven't seen any, ANY poses of him besides just standing or holding one of his hands up.

There may be other reasons behind that other than lack of articulation. Here's a list of articulation for the figure, from a review of the marketing prototype:

Head rotates right and left
Hips move at the point where the light blue and dark blue meet. His crotch basically.
Arms at the shoulder move both back and forth and out.
Elbows bend and swivel.
Hands do not Rotate like Unicrons. They are fixed. However fingers are fully articulated.
Upper thighs move at hip joint, rotating both front, back, and out.
Knees bend and swivel.
Heels and toes do not move.

Seems like a fairly good amount of articulation for such a big figure, substantially more than say...Supreme Starscream? It may be that, like Unicron, it isn't that stable when put into dramatic poses. Considering his size and (for those dedicated to the cartoon) the sheer lack of movement that Primus DOES (which is, not much), it's no real surprise that that would be the case. It's not that he CAN'T move like that; it's that it's tougher to get him to stand that way

Roadstripe
2005-09-28, 03:06 AM
Unicron has been more of a plot element than a character. In Simon Furman's own words, Unicron's "a force, not a being...Unicron's just there, the equivalent of a planet on which the action is set. It somehow makes him even more monumental once you start thinking of him as a setting rather than a thing." It's the Heralds who put the face on Unicron: the various Galvatrons, Alpha Quintesson, Razorclaw, Shokaract, etc.
In my opinion, Unicron isn't really evil, nor is he just "misunderstood". He's an entity on a level above our basic concepts of "good and evil", but we perceive him as evil because it's easier for our limited little minds to comprehend him that way.

Quoth SynjoDeonecros:
Finally, my line about Primus reformatting Unicron makes perfect sense...Why something destructive like a TANK, I dunno (maybe to retain at least a little of Unicron's destructive power and ensuring the sanctity of the balance between good and evil?), but you gotta admit, a tank would not be as easy to build his old body out of than, say...an asteroid or something. We're all assuming that Unicron has no input into his reformatting. As an entity with power on a par (or greater) with Primus, I'd expect Unicron would do whatever he could to influence his reformatting.

Darth Zax
2005-09-28, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Roadstripe
He's an entity on a level above our basic concepts of "good and evil", but we perceive him as evil because it's easier for our limited little minds to comprehend him that way.

so he's beyond good, beyond evil and beyond our wildest imagination.

SynjoDeonecros
2005-09-28, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Roadstripe
Unicron has been more of a plot element than a character. In Simon Furman's own words, Unicron's "a force, not a being...Unicron's just there, the equivalent of a planet on which the action is set. It somehow makes him even more monumental once you start thinking of him as a setting rather than a thing." It's the Heralds who put the face on Unicron: the various Galvatrons, Alpha Quintesson, Razorclaw, Shokaract, etc.
In my opinion, Unicron isn't really evil, nor is he just "misunderstood". He's an entity on a level above our basic concepts of "good and evil", but we perceive him as evil because it's easier for our limited little minds to comprehend him that way.

There's one thing that I have to disagree with you on: him being 'misunderstood'. Remember, Unicron is the counterpart to Primus, and Primus is considered 'God' of the Transformers, and a benevolent force in the universe. The opposite of that? A MALEVOLENT 'Devil' like force, which is Unicron. It's been clearly established in most all Transformers mythology that Primus and Unicron are mortal enemies, but one is unable to live without the other. Sorta like the relationship between 'yin' and 'yang', with Primus as 'yang' and Unicron as 'yin'. As Primus is the 'creator', Unicron is the 'destroyer'; as Unicron is the 'Chaos-Bringer', so too must Primus be the 'Bringer of Order'. This is why Unicron's been compared to Galactus, but there's one definite distinction between the two: Unlike Galactus, who TRULY acts as a force of the Universe, Unicron acts on his own, with very little (if any) regard for anything other than its own agenda. Galactus would've never created an avatar SOLELY to destroy the one thing that could stop him, nor would he purposefully destroy his avatar's homeworld out of spite if his avatar betrayed him. Also, why would Unicron grow stronger by absorbing NEGATIVE emotions, and purposefully ignite a civil war between Transformers in order to feed on those emotions? Unicron may be a force in the galaxy, but so is evil, and the way that Unicron acts as a character, it certainly looks like he IS that particular force.

Roadstripe
2005-09-30, 02:55 AM
You make a good point. An environment can indeed also serve as a character. Witness the Enterprise from the original Star Trek. The ship was as much as a character as Kirk and company, and it was not sentient as Unicron plainly is. As such, I must concede you the point.

On a more relevent topic, Lugnutz looks good. Almost reminds me of an updated Junkion.

Darth Shrapnel
2005-09-30, 05:11 AM
Sorry man...no pics. If you can find a place with screenshots from BW Neo, chances are he'll be there.

Or just look for pics of BWII Galvatron, since it was his body.

Nevermore
2005-10-15, 09:05 AM
More pics of the mystery hovercraft:

http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=35825

RID Scourge
2005-10-15, 05:16 PM
Ooh! I hope they plan to release him stateside. There are only a few cybertron figures I've been intersted in, and he's one of them.

Nevermore
2005-10-15, 11:31 PM
Ooh! I hope they plan to release him stateside. There are only a few cybertron figures I've been intersted in, and he's one of them.

Uhm, who? The hovercraft?

I'd say since it's a Hasbro test shot, and Takara haven't announced this toy so far (nore have they announced any new molds recently), chances are that this might even be a Hasbro-only release! :)

RID Scourge
2005-10-16, 07:05 AM
Yeah, I figured that since the hovercraft wasn't announced by Takara that it probably wouldn't be released there, but I'm hoping at least for a staeside release. He's a nifty little guy.