PDA

View Full Version : Gigalonia characters in Hyper Hobby and more

Cyclone_X
2005-09-29, 06:54 PM
http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=5073

Zisteau
2005-09-30, 01:58 AM
So we've got Shockblast with a new body, and Mr. Lay-On-My-Stomach Alt Mode. Tepid...

Nevermore
2005-09-30, 07:51 AM
About the names, courtesy of Doug Dlin from ATT:

Wow, that's a multi-layered pun. "Kiru" means "cut" and "buruburu" means "shake" or "tremble." Basically, they're two of the actions performed by an automatic blender. But "Bullbull" also turns into a bulldozer. I guess you could call them "Shakea-bull" and "Cutta-bull" to preserve the pattern.

Back in 1990, there was a Bandai/Sunrise-sponsored TV show/toy line called NG KNIGHT LAMUNE & 40, with a group of robots that were loosely themed on chess pieces and mostly had names related to food. The "bishop" pair were Buruman and Kiriman (effectively, Shaker and Cutter), who combined to form the giant Great Blendon. Note the multiple resemblances in naming.

Hmm...and while I'm at it, I'd translate the cement truck's name as "Blendal" or "Blendar," simply because they bothered to end it in a "ru" instead of a vowel-extender bar. "Mauldive"...is feasible, but it reminds me of the Maldive Islands, which are pronounced entirely differently. Since it's a drilling machine, which are frequently associated in Japanese toy lines with the concept of moles, I'd use "Mole Dive." Of course, then you start getting close to the Pioneer show MOLDIVER... Just my two bits, anyway.

Bluecatcinema
2005-09-30, 10:51 AM
Shockblast with a new body? How d'ya figure that one? Also, anyone notice they didn't mention Mole Dive's ignition gimmick?

Zisteau
2005-10-01, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Bluecatcinema
Shockblast with a new body? How d'ya figure that one? Also, anyone notice they didn't mention Mole Dive's ignition gimmick?

Because it has the exact same transformation with new kibble and colors.