PDA

View Full Version : Cybertron Deluxes + Mini-Con Tiny Tins

Nevermore
2005-10-30, 02:48 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread85124.html

According to the assortment number, they're store exclusives.

UPDATE:

They're Wal*Mart exclusives (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread82300.html).

Cyclone_X
2005-10-30, 04:22 PM
mm, Hasbro is abusing the customers IMO, if you want the minicons you have to buy those deluxe again (in case you bought them already, which isnt for me)

ravimus prime
2005-10-30, 04:34 PM
whats a tiny tin.............seriously

Darth Zax
2005-10-30, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by ravimus prime
whats a tiny tin.............seriously

it's basically a mini-con or RiD spychanger with an die-cast box compartment.

Justin
2005-10-30, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Darth Zax
it's basically a mini-con or RiD spychanger with an die-cast box compartment.

They serve as neat little places to put ugly energon weapons/combiner parts or many loose G1 pieces. They look kind of neat to have around, but they are sort of a screw job since you can't just buy the minicon teams you want without buying them seperately.

Seerus Nalaius
2005-10-31, 04:48 AM
Yay, more meaningless releases that maybe only one or two people will buy! Way to go Hasbro! :wall:

RID Scourge
2005-10-31, 02:45 PM
Well, I can understand them wanting to get rid of overstock. It's a shame they couldn't just donate them to some children's charity, and write it off in their taxes. There's a lot of kids, who probably would love a transformer, but can't afford it.

Originally posted by Cyclone_X
mm, Hasbro is abusing the customers IMO, if you want the minicons you have to buy those deluxe again (in case you bought them already, which isnt for me)

Well, it's not like they're entirely new molds or anything. In fact, the last time I went to the tru near where I grew up, they had dozens of the skyboom minicon tiny tins.

Soundblasterock58
2005-11-02, 07:34 PM
Actually this a pretty good idea, since I missed Hot Shot the first time around.

Thefallenone
2005-11-08, 12:34 PM
they look alright to me (just gotta hope they get sent to the UK)

Nevermore
2005-11-21, 03:05 PM
More pics.

http://www.16bit.com/

Thefallenone
2005-11-22, 08:57 AM
wicked;)

chimung
2005-11-22, 04:40 PM
They just won't let those damned molds die!
Edit: I'm all for re-releases, but HOW many times have we seen the same minicons? This is just re-Goddamned-diculous!

Darth Zax
2005-11-22, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by chimung
Edit: I'm all for re-releases, but HOW many times have we seen the same minicons? This is just re-Godd#mned-diculous!

amazing how someone can get so worked up on tiny pieces of transformable plastic that come for free with bigger pieces of plastic. if you don't like it, don't buy it.

unless the mafia forces you...

RID Scourge
2005-11-22, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by chimung
Edit: I'm all for re-releases, but HOW many times have we seen the same minicons? This is just re-Goddamned-diculous!

You do realize that new molds are expensive, right? Hasbro has to come up with some way of making a profit in order to justify making new molds. Otherwise, we won't get any new molds, and transformers will be no more.

ravimus prime
2005-11-22, 05:44 PM
i don't think too many people will be buying the mini-cons this time round

RID Scourge
2005-11-22, 06:48 PM
Perhaps. Wave three is supposed to be new sculpts. I, for one, am hoping they eventually release the three that come with the giant planet figures, as I've decided not to get them. They take up too much space. Unless they come up with something super sweet, Primus will prolly be the last biggie I get.

chimung
2005-11-22, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by RID Scourge
You do realize that new molds are expensive, right? Hasbro has to come up with some way of making a profit in order to justify making new molds. Otherwise, we won't get any new molds, and transformers will be no more.

Then why don't they at least do something like alter some of the long forgotten and hard to find Micromaster molds to have that lil powerlinx point and sell those as Minicons?

I mean if they can take Armada Blurr, and actually make him LOOK like Blurr through a little remolding, surely they can do what I suggested on the cheap.

RID Scourge
2005-11-22, 09:53 PM
Chances are they don't have those molds anymore. If molds, such as the dinobots, which were used in G2 were lost, I don't think the micromasters stand much of a chance. They also need to justify the cost of the molds they are currently using, or we'd have ended up with an endless line of RID, which, while I didn't mind while it lasted because a lot of the molds were ones I didn't have, would eventually get boring if there were no new molds or only remolds.

EDIT: Also helps cybertron deluxes if someone sees that they come with a nifty little buddy for free.

Bountyhunter
2005-11-23, 01:26 PM
Chances are they don't have those molds anymore. If molds, such as the dinobots, which were used in G2 were lost.

Morons, how can you lose the molds for some the most popular figures you've made. I missed that whenit came out thanks for the info. I hope the at least got rid of who ever did that. But in a large corporation those responsible are pobalbly releasing mini-cons right now.

RID Scourge
2005-11-23, 02:26 PM
Thing is, they didn't think they'd ever use them again, so they didn't take care of them, and they degraded over time. The ones we've seen reissued were molds that somehow survived storage and were able to be cleaned up enough for a release.

the GHX
2005-11-23, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Bountyhunter
Morons, how can you lose the molds for some the most popular figures you've made. I missed that whenit came out thanks for the info. I hope the at least got rid of who ever did that. But in a large corporation those responsible are pobalbly releasing mini-cons right now.

the figure are popular NOW, the few survivor (in our memories) of old series ... in the past, they weren't aware of the fact that Grimlock (for example) will became such a popular figure (mind, figure, not character) and do not plan to keep safe the mold for be released 15 year later

ANYWAY, i'm against every attempt to release countlees time a figure, and ..... why Hasbro repaint every single figure at least once? Armada repaint in Energon, Energon repaint in Cybertron, plus half of a series composed of repaint of the major character from the same series. Damn WHY? Not to mention how many times they repaint the Star f******* Saber ... www.tfkenkon.com for reference

RID Scourge
2005-11-23, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by the GHX
ANYWAY, i'm against every attempt to release countlees time a figure, and ..... why Hasbro repaint every single figure at least once? Armada repaint in Energon, Energon repaint in Cybertron, plus half of a series composed of repaint of the major character from the same series. Damn WHY? Not to mention how many times they repaint the Star f******* Saber ... www.tfkenkon.com for reference

They have to do it in order to make a profit on the mold. Otherwise, no new molds.

the GHX
2005-11-24, 11:15 AM
They have to do it in order to make a profit on the mold. Otherwise, no new molds.
just to be clearer, Star Saber was repainted
in black (http://tfkenkon.com/collection/part3/act65/index.php)
3 more times (http://tfkenkon.com/collection/part3/act66/index.php)
one more time (http://tfkenkon.com/collection/part3/act71/index.php)
plus, the Energon remold.. total 7 different saber * 3 Minicon = 21 toy including 15 repaint :( :(

The last 3 series are composed most of repaint ... ok, they probably have to repaint, but, why only one day later? And why each single figure, and not only a few number of good figure? I Have to be happy?

Thefallenone
2005-11-24, 11:21 AM
i wish i had all the Star Sabre repaints/molds <i have Original clear Blue, Dark Sabre US, and Energon Sabre)

the GHX
2005-11-24, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Thefallenone
i wish i had all the Star Sabre repaints/molds <i have Original clear Blue, Dark Sabre US, and Energon Sabre)
Nooo Thefallenone, you haven't all, only the Sabers released in US ... if i remember correctly the other repaint are Japanese market exclusives - can someone confirm, please? - me lucky, i'm not japanese and/or completist collector ...

Thefallenone
2005-11-24, 12:16 PM
actually i'm a Londoner (UK):p

RID Scourge
2005-11-24, 05:59 PM
just to be clearer, Star Saber was repainted
in black (http://tfkenkon.com/collection/part3/act65/index.php)
3 more times (http://tfkenkon.com/collection/part3/act66/index.php)
one more time (http://tfkenkon.com/collection/part3/act71/index.php)
plus, the Energon remold.. total 7 different saber * 3 Minicon = 21 toy including 15 repaint :( :(

The last 3 series are composed most of repaint ... ok, they probably have to repaint, but, why only one day later? And why each single figure, and not only a few number of good figure? I Have to be happy?

Most of those are Takara. They're repaint happy. I'm also under the impression that little things, like minicons are very popular, since they seem to give them away all the time, and produce a trillion versions of them in booster sets. In fact, I bet there's probably 36 minicons for every Japanese citizen.

Darth Zax
2005-11-24, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Thefallenone
actually i'm a Londoner (UK):p

thanks for pointing that out, i really have no idea where this place called "london" is.

Nevermore
2005-11-24, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Darth Zax
thanks for pointing that out, i really have no idea where this place called "london" is.

I'm certain he had to look it up himself first.

the GHX
2005-11-25, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure, but London must be very close to US in the mind of Hasbro Markenting Dept .... and (lucky Londoner) far enough from Japan " :) " Hi Zax

Darth Zax
2005-11-25, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure, but London must be very close to US in the mind of Hasbro Markenting Dept .... and (lucky Londoner) far enough from Japan " :) " Hi Zax

Hi Zax? do we know eachother? or in the case you're just saying hi and ignoring everyone else: hi. :D