PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave One-Shot IDW Cover Art

Commander Shockwav
2006-05-26, 12:57 AM
http://idwpublishing.com/news/dujour.shtml

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

That 's how Shockwave should look.

No offense to Don, but his Shockwave somehow misses that classic Shockwave feel from the Marvel run. This image by Raiz captures it perfectly.

Can't wait.

Denyer
2006-05-26, 01:13 AM
Have we seen Don's Shockwave for this continuity?

Springer007
2006-05-26, 03:21 AM
i like shockwave and all, but seriously, the character in my view was too submissive to megs. but maybe there is a backstory or something to "why" he was submissive lol

Darth Zax
2006-05-26, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Springer007
i like shockwave and all, but seriously, the character in my view was too submissive to megs. but maybe there is a backstory or something to "why" he was submissive lol

you should really, really read the early marvel G1 comics...
and the ones near the end.

inflatable dalek
2006-05-26, 11:40 AM
That looksy worryingly like Penis Shockwave (though it's hard to tell from that angle)...

Cliffjumper
2006-05-26, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Darth Zax
you should really, really read the early marvel G1 comics...
and the ones near the end.

And anything other than Seasons 1-2 of the cartoon, TBH. Shockwave as "The Schemer" is pretty much the most frequent representation of the character so far.

Direct to image link, for those who don't want to wait six years for the IDW page to load: -
http://idwpublishing.com/news/artdujour/adj0525.jpg

A bit too much detailing on the image for my liking. Nice big chunky toy design though, and a sensibly proportioned head - too many people cock up Shockers' head size, and either make him a pinhead, or make him look like he has another torso stuck on his neck.

Commander Shockwav
2006-05-26, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
too many people cock up Shockers' head size, and either make him a pinhead, or make him look like he has another torso stuck on his neck.

Man, I hate when they do that. :wall:

Prime Maximus
2006-05-26, 03:56 PM
I think it looks sweet. I can't wait until I see it in color and my question would be is would these one shot stories of these characters be in relation to what is going on currently? I'm sure the reasoning to these stories is so we have a better understanding of these characters when they appear in the ongoing.

DCJosh
2006-05-26, 07:17 PM
all the one-shot stories fit into continuity with everything else IDW is doing [Infiltration/Stormbringer/Escalation etc]

inflatable dalek
2006-05-26, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Commander Shockwav
Man, I hate when they do that. :wall:

I suspect bias.

jhlucas
2006-05-26, 10:34 PM
I like it, but it's kind of a boring pose for a cover. When I think "Shockwave", Mark Bright's cover to the original Marvel series #5 forever seared him into my mind as "bad-a$$".

kupimus aka(clocker)
2006-05-30, 12:49 PM
the shockwave oneshot looks really cool, but i was just wondering if the nightbeat one-shot is a 100% certainty

Denyer
2006-05-30, 05:09 PM
According to Furman at the Bristol Expo, yes.

Cliffjumper
2006-05-30, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
According to Furman at the Bristol Expo, yes.

Did he say who wrote the UK G2 stuff this week as well? ;)