PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Spotlight

exodus42
2006-08-07, 05:18 PM
It would be nice to have a fanfic or photostrip spotlighted once a week like the caption contest only make it a story-go-round, have people start of a story and others finish it it could work or be total disaster. That's the fun of it.

To start off-

Setting: Cybertron, energon bar. late.

Characters: Hot Rod, Goldbug, Grimlock, and the newly revived Starscream.

HR sitting at bar with Goldbug
HR: I was leader of the Autobots once.
GB: We know, can't you think of anything else?
HR: Well how would you feel if get job only to lose it to the old guy because he came back from the dead?
Grim: Heh, heh, lose job to deadbot Hahhaha
GB: Hey isn't that Starscream over there passed out? I thought he was dead too. This is creeping me out.

Denyer
2006-08-07, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by exodus42
It would be nice to have a fanfic or photostrip spotlighted once a week Yeah, I'll look into that for the creative section... shouldn't be too hard, just case of queuing up some favourites and letting the script run... I honestly don't make enough of the creative section, and it could also do with streamlining to make adding new content more straightforward. The only issue is time.

Caption contests? Not keen, because they tend to just bring out the most immature tendencies in people.

Live "add a few lines" fanfic? Been done a few times in the TF forums, and of course there's the RPG, which is all that sort of thing.

Aardvark
2006-08-08, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Denyer

Caption contests? Not keen, because they tend to just bring out the most immature tendencies in people.
That's you, that is... ;)

You could try it out in the trivia section and see how it goes. It would at least breath some sort of life into an otherwise "dead" section. (Must remember to make a Beast Wars picture quiz… :)

Cliffjumper
2006-08-08, 05:22 PM
Caption Contest? Bit Seibertron.

Merry-Go-Round? Only takes one dickhead to **** it up, would lead to childish crap. Also, only those participating (not usually many) actually read the things. Best kept on the forums.

exodus42
2006-08-08, 05:40 PM
I guess it might be too chaotic fro some, just thought it would be fun for everybody. Although you're right it does take only one bad piston to sieze a motor.:smokin: