2006-10-01, 09:08 AM
The weekend before the movie comes out.

In Rhode Island.

At Hasbro's HQ.

WOW.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=111798

Denyer
2006-10-01, 09:13 AM
Hopefully the turnout will justify FP being arsed to assign a team to further summer TF conventions.

Sir Auros
2006-10-01, 04:59 PM
I might actually go next year. It's farther away than this year, but it will actually be during the convention season this time. I'd like to think that Fun Publications came to and realized was a stupid decision it was to have a con during the school year, but my money's on this decision being all Hasbro.

RID Scourge
2006-10-02, 02:36 AM
I have a feeling it was done to milk the movie hype. It's close enough that I'd consider going, but I'm not sure if I'm up to going to conventions anymore.

Michron
2006-10-02, 03:51 AM
Sweet mother of God, I live in Rhode Island that is like a five minute ride from my house .. oh .. oh no I wet the carpet

slartibartfast
2006-10-02, 04:51 AM
hurrah ! everyone round to michron's place ! last one there sleeps on the carpet.

Hound
2006-10-02, 07:17 AM
I've never been that far east. and it's at a time of year that I'd be cool with. I'd go, assuming someone's going that I can share a hotel room with.

Clogs
2006-10-02, 05:31 PM
Too far to walk and I'd just get my feet wet anyway.

Damn. :(

(Never mind, there will be an AutoCon and I can get to that!)

Commander Shockwav
2006-10-02, 11:20 PM
I'm going to try to make it, for the first time in my life.

Jetfire426
2006-10-03, 02:28 AM
wow that should kick ass.. i just came back from this yrs Botcon down in Lexington.. and to meet Peter Cullen was experience i'll never forget... i also had a little talk with him.. that was awesome also...i'll go if Peter Cullen is going to be there.. but if not then i'll wait till it gets closer to INDY again..

numbat
2006-10-03, 05:43 PM
Something tells me that BTCV or whoever I work for then won't be sending a rep...

(And, my fiancee would kill me anyhoo... lol!)

DCJosh
2006-10-05, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Michron
Sweet mother of God, I live in Rhode Island that is like a five minute ride from my house .. oh .. oh no I wet the carpet

guess we all know where we'll be staying xD

Transfan
2006-10-05, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Sir Auros
I might actually go next year. It's farther away than this year, but it will actually be during the convention season this time. I'd like to think that Fun Publications came to and realized was a stupid decision it was to have a con during the school year, but my money's on this decision being all Hasbro.

The main reason for BotCon being in June this year is because FP and Hasbro want to capitalize on the pre-movie hype. And to do so it had to be in June. And it was a JOINT decision between Hasbro and FP. Hasbro didn't have to lean on Brian as you may think

Most likely after this year it'll resume being in late September like before

dedicon
2006-10-14, 12:42 PM
Ill be there! I just confirmed it...my first Botcon AND my first time out of Israel...

See ya there :) :)