PDA

View Full Version : IDW get the Star Trek license... possible TF crossover?

Denyer
2006-10-10, 02:03 AM
Probably not, but the article does talk about handling licensed properties, so I'm sticking this one in the news forum.

http://idwpublishing.com/titles/startrek.shtml

Although considering they managed to get the CSI folks and a bunch of comics creators to agree to a miniseries (Dying in the Gutters) I wouldn't rule out a TF crossover.

Thanks to Commander Shockwav for the link.

This is also an excuse to link to this, which is one of the first TF humour fics I read...

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/8157/st-tlg07.txt

So, what would you like to see in a TF/Trek story, or wouldn't you?

another tf fan
2006-10-10, 03:34 AM
Oh man that would be so cool. How about a TNG transforming Enterprise and transforming DS9. Humans in the 24th century helping future versions of well known Transformers.
:D

DCJosh
2006-10-10, 03:51 AM
i once designed a transforming NCC-1701A

xD

Cliffjumper
2006-10-10, 02:36 PM
Oh ****. I mean, you might think it's unlikely. But IDW have already shown they have absolutley no idea what to do with Evolutions. It's just going to be crossovers, isn't it?

COMING SOON FROM IDW COMICS
TRANSFORMERS/ANGEL #1!

You know, it could just be Angel, but he could have a transforming car. The "twist" could be that the Ark crashlands in Wolfram & Hart, and the Transformers become stationary and stuff. Better than "Hearts of Steel" already, though.

inflatable dalek
2006-10-10, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
So, what would you like to see in a TF/Trek story, or wouldn't you?

If Peter David wrote it. Of the Trek comics I've read his are the only ones that are worth more than just Kitsch value.

Cliffjumper
2006-10-10, 04:08 PM
In all seriousness, I just can't quite see it working. Not sure why, I just find them irreconcilable (sp?). I think transforming starships wouldn't work for Transformers (why would they need a crew?) and I don't think a meeting of cultures would really work (the Enterprise has taken kickings from less threatening things that a bunch of Decepticons). Plus the Star Trek vibe is about People Getting Along, more or less, while the Transformers vibe is about Robots Kicking The Crap Out of Each Other, more or less. Can you imagine the Enterprise and the Autobots teaming up to beat the living daylights out of the Klingons and the Decepticons? Or Picard mediating a peace deal to end the Transformers civil war?

Plus can you imagine the dire "Leonard Nimoy was in both" in-'jokes'?

inflatable dalek
2006-10-10, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Plus can you imagine the dire "Leonard Nimoy was in both" in-'jokes'?

And Starscream. And Seaspray. And half the sound effects...

A team up against the Borg or some sort of bigger threat would be the most likely direction no doubt. Or have Kirk trace V'Gers course back to Cybertron?

Hell, Kirk would try to shag Arcee wouldn't he?

another tf fan
2006-10-10, 11:24 PM
Wasn't the Rubik's cube a borg vessel transformer?

Tetsuro
2006-10-11, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by another tf fan
Wasn't the Rubik's cube a borg vessel transformer?
Borg cube transforms...into... a slightly different kind of cube!!! :eek:

inflatable dalek
2006-10-12, 03:45 PM
Thinking about it, Nightbeat would actually fit into Angel or even 24 fairly easily. "So Optimus was the mole all along..."

Tetsuro
2006-10-13, 08:12 AM
Actually, I could imagine a story where decepticons use the borg as a weapon of some sort.

inflatable dalek
2006-10-13, 02:42 PM
How about a TOS/Dreamwave crossover?

Kirk: Dear...GOD! What... are THEY SPOCK?

Spock: Most illogical Captain, these robots have no sense of scale or proportion, it's as if they were drawn by a absolute hack.

Kirk: Bone's... What do we... KNOW about this... PAT LEE?

McCoy: Damn it Jim, I'm a Doctor, not a Porsche dealer...

another tf fan
2006-10-14, 12:43 PM
How bout pichard and riker are star trekin across the universe when they meet up with a horde of human space pirates. the two get into a dogfight until the Enterprise is boarded.

the reulting battle causes both ships to be out of control and they are pulled into a nearby planet's gravity well. both ships crash on the surface of cybertron.

the humans all survive and continue battling each other on cybertron with the help of it's inhabitants, the autobots and decepticons, with the enterprise crew and the autobots teaming together and the pirates working with the decepticons.

it's all gravy after that...
ok IDW i gave you the premise, make it happen ;)

Tetsuro
2006-10-14, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by another tf fan
How bout pichard and riker are star trekin across the universe when they meet up with a horde of human space pirates. the two get into a dogfight until the Enterprise is boarded.

the reulting battle causes both ships to be out of control and they are pulled into a nearby planet's gravity well. both ships crash on the surface of cybertron.

the humans all survive and continue battling each other on cybertron with the help of it's inhabitants, the autobots and decepticons, with the enterprise crew and the autobots teaming together and the pirates working with the decepticons.
That's the exact same way the TFs ended up on earth. :glance:

another tf fan
2006-10-14, 01:58 PM
freakin duh...

Heinrad
2006-10-14, 03:48 PM
Actually, a transforming Enterprise image exists. The character designer for the original Dirty Pair anime is, apparently, a huge Star Trek fan, and managed to sneak a transformation sequence into one of the OVA episodes. It's displayed on a viewscreen, supposedly showing a children's TV show.

Blink and you'll miss it.

But yeah, a crossover is unlikely. Unless Nightbeat does actually join, say, CSI or Grimlock goes and beats the hell out of the Klingons.......

Actually, Nightbeat on CSI would be kind of neat......