PDA

View Full Version : Avatar problem

Cliffjumper
2006-10-10, 02:00 PM
My staff avatar isn't showing up properly. Can someone fix this for me? :( :( :( :( :(

Anyone else finding this forum a nice, chilled-out, relatively prick-free answer to GD of late?

inflatable dalek
2006-10-10, 04:22 PM
You mean apart from the threads that turn into twisted attempts to make peeps think they're Brend alt-Id's?

StoneCold Skywarp
2006-10-11, 09:56 AM
Which eventually become really un-funny?

As for the 'Staff' avatar, I'm not keen -- too much screen kibble

Denyer
2006-10-11, 10:16 AM
It's a bit too large...

For now, adding stuff to people's personal titles means that they can't later change them and retain the additional HTML, and the template only has access to the usergroupid.

Some sort of indicator's helpful for newbies, or at least might dissuade a few from running their mouths / indicate for readers that information posted isn't from a random source.

Making a vector image as the starting point might keep things clear when it's downsized. Will fish out a CorelDRAW CD later.

Cliffjumper
2006-10-11, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
dissuade a few from running their mouths

*is busted*

Denyer
2006-10-11, 02:13 PM
I was referring to the newbies...

Cliffjumper
2006-10-11, 02:31 PM
Oh. So I can keep running my mouth and trying to convince unwitting dupes that I'm staff? k3wl O_O/ (it's a frog, waving, obviously.)

Denyer
2006-10-12, 05:23 PM
Well, you can try. Think of it as having a slightly weaker poker hand...

Cliffjumper
2006-10-12, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
Well, you can try. Think of it as having a slightly weaker poker hand...

Yes... it could be a challenge!

Boo hiss for making it more than the normal avatar width, though :( I mean, it looks fine, but it's going to be very difficult to fake...