PDA

View Full Version : Another rumor about the new TF cartoon "Heroes"

Nevermore
2006-12-06, 10:47 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=8996

Keep in mind the source, so... grain of salt and whatnot.

edit:

From another source --

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=117139

inflatable dalek
2006-12-08, 03:15 PM
The way the artical is written makes it look as if the writter has no idea what the names of the two BW "Guys" are...

thunderwing22
2006-12-08, 08:04 PM
I hope that in the new cartoons will have a strong story line. 1.no dumb human behavior or stupid kids I know there will be humans but do it right like g1. 2.maybe put in a couple of old classics tformers for us old fans. 3.strong stories I am happy the bw guys will do this, it is the only reason I personaly am giving it a chance :wall:

RID Scourge
2006-12-08, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by thunderwing22
do it right like g1.

Four words, a letter and a number that really shouldn't be strung together, unless we're talking about the old marvel run.

Kinda like saying "Do 'thou shalt not kill' right, like Charles Manson."

Denyer
2006-12-08, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by thunderwing22
I know there will be humans but do it right like g1. I spent a lot of childhood hoping those characters fell off cliffs...

Tetsuro
2006-12-08, 09:17 PM
Like G1, like Daniel...

Well, maybe if by G1 he means Masterforce, that would be awesome.

The Wild One
2006-12-08, 11:39 PM
The humans in all the series sucked. G1 did the best job. Which isn't saying much. I still would rather have G1.:wall:

Nevermore
2006-12-09, 12:04 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=117139

- Writeup most obese
- Awesome inside sources
- Believe or not

Tetsuro
2006-12-09, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by The Wild One
The humans in all the series sucked. G1 did the best job. Which isn't saying much. I still would rather have G1.:wall:
Well I think Galaxy Force did it nicely. Rather than being a useless dead weight the Armada kids, Coby was more of a throwback to likes of Spike who actually threw themselves in the line of fire for the sake of their robotic comrades. Of course, it was negated by the opposite called Bud, who was nothing but dead weight...at least he wasn't a crybaby like Daniel or Jan, though.

The Wild One
2006-12-09, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Tetsuro
Well I think Galaxy Force did it nicely. Rather than being a useless dead weight the Armada kids, Coby was more of a throwback to likes of Spike who actually threw themselves in the line of fire for the sake of their robotic comrades. Of course, it was negated by the opposite called Bud, who was nothing but dead weight...at least he wasn't a crybaby like Daniel or Jan, though. You do have a point. I think they were both running par for course when it comes to how humans were handled. Just a little better. But the humans annoyed me some in both series.

Springer007
2006-12-09, 11:35 AM
I liked spike around the post TF movie g1, he grew a backbone even more when he took on scorponok and the hive in headmasters! Daniel even seemed to grow a backbone in Headmasters also! But yes, overall, i hate humans throwing themselves into the predicaments they did in early g1, of course i imagine there were smart humans who did their best to get away. but IMO humans in g1 in general were like girls in horror movies, they always took the wrong way when the best way to get away from things was the other direction!

inflatable dalek
2006-12-09, 02:33 PM
Surely super-Chip is the greatest human character ever? Not just in Transformers but all fiction.

Tetsuro
2006-12-09, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Springer007
but IMO humans in g1 in general were like girls in horror movies, they always took the wrong way when the best way to get away from things was the other direction!
You mean like Brawn in the movie?

"Oh crap, decepticons! Oh, I know - I'll run right at them totally unarmed!"

Halfshell
2006-12-09, 06:25 PM
Every now and then I like to watch G1 to remind myself how awesome certain other programs are.

I've watched the three MTMTE eps this evening, and my brain actually hurts from how stupid it is...

Tetsuro
2006-12-09, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Brendocon
Every now and then I like to watch G1 to remind myself how awesome certain other programs are.

I've watched the three MTMTE eps this evening, and my brain actually hurts from how stupid it is...
Such a shame that FFoD managed to be such a big improvement...until "Now, this is a switch that will deactivate every single Transformer in existence".

The Wild One
2006-12-09, 08:27 PM
Hopefully the new series will be based more on "present time," than "sometime in the future."

Halfshell
2006-12-10, 02:19 PM
[Whole series of posts about the 80s fiction removed, due to people making the arguments personal.]

Vanguard - bear in mind that:

1) Transformers comprises more than "G1"

2) "G1" comprises more than a cartoon. I'm pointing this out to you so that Cliffy doesn't have to do it for the millionth time.

[Removed.]

Most of us are able to notice that, in this instance, The Wild One is catching flack, not for being a toon fan, but for being unable to form anything resembling a coherent argument.

Also, you seem to be implying that anybody who dislikes the original cartoon has no place being a Transformers fan. I genuinely hope that isn't your intention, for reasons I shouldn't need to state.

Originally posted by The Wild One
Sorry, not all of us thinks G1 is a complete peace of trash.

That's fine, but your logic for us being wrong about it seems to extend to "RID is worse". If you like it, that's fine, but try and debate the point on a level that actually makes sense. Saying "X is worse than Y" isn't the same as saying "Y is infallible" - it just means that X is worse.

See?

Tetsuro
2006-12-10, 02:24 PM
I haven't seen any of RiD, but I do think Victory is worse than the original American cartoon. If you place the standard on Victory, only episodes like "The Girl Who Loved Powerglide" and "Sea Change" remain sub-par.

I don't really know which one I hate more though, Victory or constantly finding myself reminding everyone how much I hate it...

Halfshell
2006-12-10, 02:26 PM
IIRC, Cliffy likes Victory.

The difference being that you won't catch him saying "G1 was worse" or some other guff in an attempt to justify it as infallible.

Tetsuro
2006-12-10, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Victory's alright, mainly because it's insanely OTT
All I can say is...HOW?

Tetsuro
2006-12-10, 07:55 PM
I thought it was pompous too, but to the degree of :wall: ly annoying.

At least the decepticons in Headmasters offered a genuine menace. The most ridicilously overpowered good guy with a sword, mouthplate and serious honor overdose, and add to that the most inept decepticons ever, you got a TF show that is as exciting as watching paint dry...

inflatable dalek
2006-12-10, 08:01 PM
Myself, I find the idea of an Autobot finding a car attractive makes more sense than Powerglide wanting to jump a humans bones... Even if the car thing is proabbly the TF version of a blow up doll.

Cliffjumper
2006-12-10, 08:05 PM
Compared to, well, all of the other "G1" shows? It's no masterpiece, for sure, but criticising it for the fialings of most 1980s TF cartoons is a bit harsh (for example, in the original show, Prime is ludicrously over-powered - cf. "Divide and Conquer", TF:TM, etc.). I fail to remember when the Destrons in Headmasters were much of a threat - when Sixshot fanwanked Magnus to death? Hardly... When Dinosaurer got tricked into walking on a rope bridge by Wheelie and Daniel? Nope... When they decide to build Megazarak with a built-in weakspot? Uh-uh.

The difference with Victory, really, is that while the good guys are stupidly powerful and the bad guys are powerfully stupid, eventually they get round to doing something about it, i.e. just going and killing them.

inflatable dalek
2006-12-10, 08:08 PM
And Victory had Hellbat. End of argument.

Cliffjumper
2006-12-10, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
And Victory had Hellbat. End of argument.

If you're going to have inept Decepticons/Destrons, they might as well be funny while you're there.

inflatable dalek
2006-12-10, 08:35 PM
Whilst I do think the Japanese shows tend to be overratted, I was certainly never bored whilst watching Victory, despite it being a dodgy pirate copy of the Star TV dub (which in itself is never as bad a people say).

Denyer
2006-12-10, 08:39 PM
What Brend said, except pointing out that G1 Transformers stuff has only begun to be released in the last few years. Any other uses of the term are fanon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanon_%28fiction%29).

I think most of us here like some of the 80s stuff.

Although I am steadily beginning to wonder why I read anything in this forum that isn't connected to comics.

inflatable dalek
2006-12-10, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
I think most of us here like some of the 80s stuff.

Battle Beneath The Ice. It so should have been adapted for the Bay film, you've got an entire city full of roles for Patrick Stewart...

Denyer
2006-12-11, 05:02 AM
Reported post by The Wild One
I believe this post should be deleted as well. It on longer bares any use towards the thread. In fact, it just legitamizes the Trolling that Cliffy perpetrated. And that is hypocracy.
Brend's summarised fairly even-handedly... "generation one" covers more material than the Western TV show (therefore to say someone hates it because they don't like one part is at best a stretch) and "at least it isn't RiD" is a non-argument. A playground one at that.

So, I can either ban you for the "sexual attraction to sport cars" crack and him for the IQ cracks, or leave others to draw a line under it, which they've done.

Tetsuro
2006-12-11, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Compared to, well, all of the other "G1" shows? It's no masterpiece, for sure, but criticising it for the fialings of most 1980s TF cartoons is a bit harsh (for example, in the original show, Prime is ludicrously over-powered - cf. "Divide and Conquer", TF:TM, etc.). I fail to remember when the Destrons in Headmasters were much of a threat - when Sixshot fanwanked Magnus to death? Hardly... When Dinosaurer got tricked into walking on a rope bridge by Wheelie and Daniel? Nope... When they decide to build Megazarak with a built-in weakspot? Uh-uh.
What about when decepticons blow up Cybertron, Mars, kill Chromedome's friends? You know, Headmasters is pretty much the opposite of Victory when it comes to one side being stupidly powerful and the other being powerfully stupid. Decepticons go around and actually kick ass, while Fortress sticks information of his weaknesses on a giant floppy disk...

Well okay, I admit that Victory is only slightly worse than the original cartoon, but at least the original had it's imaginative bits which make it so watchable, whereas Victory is just a cliche after another. And it's especially horrible since the quality is such a heavy drop after the like of Masterforce.

I still wish Star Saber had just died in Zone. That would have made up for all the previous series' shortcomings.

And Hellbat is still only a sorry excuse of a Starscream wannabe.