PDA

View Full Version : IDW Comic Reviews

Zudo Bug
2007-04-06, 04:39 PM
When are going to get a review section for the IDW comics much like the Marvel and Dreamwave ones?

I say this because the IDW comic section will soon look very cluttered if IDW keep on releasing about four comics a month.

Denyer
2007-04-07, 01:27 AM
It's already fairly cluttered. I prefer information heavy pages, but could also do with knocking together things like a basic FAQ with just a reading order and how things fit together. Am probably going to chip in with the one Richter and Beachcomber are doing at the IDW forums at the moment and work off that, when I get a block of time. And split the long general TF comics FAQ into company-specific pages.

When we do "guide" pages for IDW they probably won't have reviews or goofs attached in the same way as Tom's Marvel/Dreamwave ones, just summary / appearance / release date information, because there's a bunch of us reviewing.

Cliffjumper
2007-04-07, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
And split the long general TF comics FAQ into company-specific pages.

Only if you do a Blackthorne section, I'm not having that lumped in with Marvel just because it was out the same decade. Not unless you merge IDW and DW together :p

Yes I am working on it, but #2 hurts my brain :(

EDIT: Incidentally, I'm pretty sure we could get away with hosting the 3D series as scans. Well, I'm planning to anyway...

Notabot
2007-04-07, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
#2 hurts my brain :(
:laugh:
Juvenile, I know. But that's golden.

Denyer
2007-04-07, 03:25 PM
Could file Blackthorne in with oddments such as the profiles.

Could do with a books sub-section, as novels are notching up a bit now.

Could actually have a dedicated Devil's Due section if anyone particularly cares...

Cliffjumper
2007-04-07, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Denyer
Could actually have a dedicated Devil's Due section if anyone particularly cares...

Let's not go mad here... Blackthorne were a random company who ended up making a few TF comics due to some random licensing loophole, and no-ne really cared. That's about 15 times more significant than Devil's Due's output...

inflatable dalek
2007-04-07, 04:18 PM
Their output is significant because I review it.