PDA

View Full Version : [Original RPG] The future of the Beast Wars

Warcry
2007-04-19, 03:22 AM
As you might have noticed by now, we've put the Beast Wars RPG on an indefinite hiatus.

The staff have had a great time running the game, and we love all of you who've participated in it. The problem is, though, that there's not very many of you. The regular players in the BW game right now are outnumbered by the members of the RPG team who play, and that's just no way to run a game. :(

So.

This is where you guys come in. Right now we've only got four (!) non-staff players actually taking part in the game. If anyone out there has been thinking about signing up but never got around to it, now's the time to let us know. If you don't...well, if you don't, there won't be a Beast Wars game for you to sign up for anymore.

I'm sure those of you who've taken part in the BW game will have something to say about this, and we'd like to hear what you've got to say. Speak up in here and maybe we'll be able to think of a few ways to get things going again. :)

I hope we can manage to keep this thing alive, but if we can't...well, it's been fun while it lasted. :)

tahukanuva
2007-04-19, 10:35 AM
Wow, I didn't see this coming. I mean the Beast Wars game's been stagnant before. I guess you're right about the non-staff though. Don't forget to add Brave to that once he comes back.

To be honest, I enjoy the Beast Wars game more than the G1 game, so I'd be extrememly disappointed should it be shut down.

oscar
2007-04-19, 07:17 PM
I also liked the beast wars rpg better than g1.Hate to see it go:(

Aero Blade
2007-04-20, 12:22 AM
Wel this is exactly what you guys need to be doing, letting us know there's still interest and support for the game :)

If there's enough people still around that want to play the game, we'll be able to get it started up again. This thread's here to help keep inventory of that. So if there's any more of you who want to join the game or don't want it to go, give us a holler.

Warit00
2007-04-20, 03:04 AM
Could someone fill me up about what to do or not to? (aside from the rule) eg. Where to show up or not to.

Aero Blade
2007-04-20, 03:28 AM
Think you need to clarify on the 'where to show up' part. Not sure I follow what you're asking about.

Warit00
2007-04-20, 03:56 AM
Where to introduce your char(s).

verytired
2007-04-20, 01:37 PM
Lets see...

Stasis Pod opening amidst the ruins of the Island wreckage (see thread for details)

Stasis Pod opening some where else

If you wanted to start with a character that had been played and then dropped, then we can work out where they were hiding :)

And of course, with Mod approval, there are more "Character" based ways of joining the game (example: Depth Charge), which you can develop with one of us...

Of course, there's always the Cybertron thread, if that is still a viable option.

tahukanuva
2007-04-29, 06:35 PM
So, is it dead? Or are you going to give it another chance? I don't want to lose both my Deathies.

verytired
2007-04-29, 09:46 PM
The lack of response isn't looking too good fellas: I'm gonna call the Governernor and see if Ican delay the execution till sometime after Reclamation.

But you guys can help out a bit: drum up some interest, get some more players involved and eager for some Beast Wars action! This thread has only got 3 non staffers rooting for it so far, get some more peeps here!

optimusskids
2007-04-29, 10:46 PM
I think it had the makings of a nice little RPG

it got me interested in the whole idea of Beast Wars.

Ravage
2007-04-30, 03:27 AM
Sorry got home from work. I need to get more active again myself.

verytired
2007-05-06, 11:23 PM
I'm on a Recruitment Drive.

And this is Serious: anyone that has shown calbre in the G1 Game will get a semi threatening, semi beggin letter to get them to Prehistoric earth. I will also be PM anyone who has played, including my wife, to save the game. If you know how desperate this makes me, then please, help: Anyone and Everyone, send out a call to arms. If you know someone who's got a talent for this they aint using, strongarm them here.

Beast wars will not die.

(Oh my, that last sentence is pretentious... :wtf: )

God Jinrai
2007-05-07, 12:57 AM
... phases. it happens. if it goes... it goes. the problem with running 2 rpgs on the same board is that the attention span gets further divided, and as such, further diminishes the desire to "do"...

I guess I'm the prime (no pun intended) example...

I started gung-ho into beastwars, as PRIMAL, no less.. and now I'm relinquishing him because I've no interest anymore... I've killed off Starscream, and will be leaving th G1 game soon enough as well... I guess it's just what happens when you end up drowning yourself in the games... ya lose the capacity to really function as you need to in-game.

Reflector
2007-05-07, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by verytired
If you know someone who's got a talent for this they aint using, strongarm them here.

http://tfarchive.com/community/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=6461

verytired
2007-05-10, 12:04 PM
Anyone else!!?

Halfshell
2007-05-10, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Reflector
http://tfarchive.com/community/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=6461

I'm so taking out a restraining order.

Lemme have a think. I'm phenomenally out of practice.

tahukanuva
2007-05-10, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by verytired
Anyone else!!?

I've already pm'd Aardvark, he wished us luck, but said he w/couldn't come back. :(

verytired
2007-05-10, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by tahukanuva
I've already pm'd Aardvark, he wished us luck, but said he w/couldn't come back. :(

Snap: also gave somethig short of a begging letter to Slartibartfast and Zigzagger.

zigzagger
2007-05-11, 12:59 AM
I'm still putting it into consideration. Plus, I know very little about most of the characters, aside form what's was on the DVDs, and the background stories, so it may be awhile (plus, half the reason why I have only one character, that being Ratchet, is due to it being more flexible with time). I'll see what I can do, and I'll let someone know, at some point, what my plans are.

Warcry
2007-05-11, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Brendocon
Lemme have a think. I'm phenomenally out of practice.
Does anyone around here actually remember Brend playing, or is it just a myth that Flec likes to perpetuate?

Seriously, though, we'd love to have you. :)

Originally posted by zigzagger
I'm still putting it into consideration.
And the same goes for you. :)

Halfshell
2007-05-11, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Warcry
[B]Does anyone around here actually remember Brend playing, or is it just a myth that Flec likes to perpetuate?[/b

I was Thundercracker and I was awesome.

Seriously, though, we'd love to have you. :)

You and every chick on the planet.

zigzagger
2007-05-11, 08:25 AM
And the same goes for you. :)
That desperate, eh?
Of course I'm kidding, you know. Everyone knows a play a brilliant Ratchet.

At any rate, I had a question regarding the the current storyline. Obviously, it's in hiatus, but is plan to continue with the current storyline, or are you folks planning on starting all over again with a brand spankin' new episode?

verytired
2007-05-11, 10:48 AM
I was thinking that we'd have the current events come to some form of cliffhanger off screen, and then when we start the game again there'd be a nice starwars style summary flying across the screen for everyone.

Aero Blade
2007-05-15, 03:04 AM
I'd just motion to continue where we left off (seeing as how that seemed to be going an interesting route) but that's still up for debate right now as far as how it'll get going again.

verytired
2007-05-15, 08:52 AM
We can start the game from a somewhat interesting place, but I don't feel that starting from the point we left would be good for encouraging new players, esp if we're entertaining the idea of new ones.
My idea'd be:
Half the preds at the Darksyde, including Megatron and his protohuman captive
The other half enroute from the Island wreckage
The Unicorns making camp outside, itching to get in and get the humie back
Prety much all the Maximals back at the Axalon, getting a good debriefing

Aero Blade
2007-05-15, 06:58 PM
Think there's been some mild confusion. What I meant was about the same thing, keep the original story line and move the time around a bit possible. When someone refers to starting over or chosing a new starting point, that brings about thoughts of a new plotline, which shouldn't be done with such an interesting one going already. ;)

verytired
2007-05-16, 12:11 PM
Ah, cool.

oscar
2007-11-22, 05:17 AM
So whats the plan is it going to be brought back?

Chip1123
2007-11-22, 04:29 PM
i'll play if it is brought back. i wasn't here when it was canned...

Warcry
2007-11-23, 05:06 AM
There's no plans to bring the BW game back for the moment, but if enough people speak up we'd be willing to consider it. :)

For my part, I'd love to bring 'em back, but last time around we didn't exactly have that many players interested.

Aero Blade
2007-11-23, 05:16 AM
Well we did have a fair number of interested players, but they kept dissapearing on us without notice...

The moral of the incident - if you're gonna leave, please for the love of Primus let us know!!! Unnanouce absenteism or outright leaving can really throw things off.

verytired
2007-11-24, 02:08 PM
I'd come back for Beast Wars, to be honest: loved the game, and had a blast playing as Megatron and Fractyl.

Warcry
2007-11-24, 07:08 PM
Bring Anne-Marie back with you and you've got a deal. ;)

With the amount of interest this is generating, it's starting to look like a distinct possibility. I don't see us starting up another RPG in the middle of the final exam/holiday season, mind you, so January is probably the earliest we'd be able to do anything.

The more folks that speak up in favour of it, the better the odds that it'll happen. So if anyone else out there would like a BW game, let us know! :)

verytired
2007-11-24, 11:37 PM
Bring Anne-Marie back with you and you've got a deal. ;)

I'll do my best: she's still kind of living with Baby Number 2 stuck to her chest. Damned kid really just won't let go... :mad:

Warcry
2007-11-25, 06:08 AM
Yeah, for the first year or so kids just look at their mom and see a walking refrigerator, eh? ;)

She could always type whilst feeding him. :glance:

Silverline
2007-11-26, 07:28 AM
Now that I've found the archive again (no thanks to my computer ending up with slag as a power supply) I'd love to join up with the Beast Wars RPG, that is, if and when it is revived. However, all things considering, I'm getting in late in the game, so I'm probably going to be as clueless as Silverbolt first was in the original series!

verytired
2007-12-01, 01:58 PM
She could always type whilst feeding him. :glance:

She saw that and said she'd be willing to give it a go :)

So, does this thing have enough interest yet?

Chip1123
2007-12-01, 04:33 PM
and the answer is.... ???

Heinrad
2007-12-03, 08:16 PM
Unicron.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :D

Clogs
2007-12-03, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Heinrad
Unicron.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :D

Gotta love that :angel:

I'd have a go at BW. Rather liked it. And Waspinator...

Bartmanhomer
2007-12-03, 10:27 PM
Let's give Beast Wars RPG a try.

13thScorpio
2007-12-04, 08:47 PM
I'd certainly be willing to go for a revival of the Beasties RPG.BW's is my favorite out of all of them.And I did miss it when it was still around....

Magnaboss and/or Cheetor.:D

Warcry
2007-12-04, 09:23 PM
Well, they do say the customer is always right...

The staff will sit down and figure out if it's feasible or not. We should have a vague, non-committal answer for you in a few days. ;)

Silverline
2007-12-05, 01:27 AM
Lol, Non-committal. Either way, I'll just be waiting her for the hopeful revival of the RPG. Until then, gotta figure out what my beast form should be.

Chip1123
2007-12-05, 04:08 PM
same same. can we create our own character?

verytired
2007-12-05, 11:54 PM
The rules from the last time where a little sketchy, but basically boiled down to everyone playing as established characters for a while before getting in the fan chars. Don't know if that's what the staff will go for this time, but I'd be behind it.

Silverline
2007-12-21, 05:18 AM
Using already created characters is actually better, since everyone knows how the character will act and catch the player when s/he isn't playing the Transformer right. (Not to mention easier then coming up with an original transformer using a beast mode that hasn't been taken already).

In that case, just who is taken and who is available?