PDA

View Full Version : [Original RPG] Vote for the next American Idol and/or Autobot Leader

Reflector
2007-06-14, 11:13 PM
So Optimus got shot boom. Hurt bad. Back soon? Not know.

Seriously though, in trying to make the RPG a more democratic entity (and because we were far from a consensus), the staff thought it'd be nice if everybody could help us decide who'll be leading the Autobots while Optimus is incapable. Magnus has the rank, but Grimlock, Fortress, Prowl, and Ironhide are close behind and could find their way into the job. Maybe you'd like to see Hot Rod back in the Hot Seat. Maybe you think we should let reason be bygone and rush Optimus back to health. Maybe you think these are all terrible candidates and would like to submit a write in. Jazz? Ratchet? Nader? The choices are yours and yours alone! [/Olmec]

Anyway, help us out, eh?

verytired
2007-06-15, 01:02 AM
Bludgeon, for that really unexpected twist.

What, you haven't a sense of humour?! :p

Alright then, seriously, bring Springer back: he almost got the gig in a UK what if story...

Aero Blade
2007-06-15, 01:40 AM
I've yet to really decide, but I think we can break the list into two groups - potentially functional leaders and potentially disfunctional leaders.

If you want things to run smoothly until Oppy's back in charge, go for one of the guys with good experience. However, if you want things shaken up a bit, maybe have some fun with getting autobots into trouble, choose who you think would be disfunctional.

For me, that narrows my choices down to Ultra Magnus (functional only on temporary bases) and Grimlock (never functional to begin with. The comics proved that point well...)

I'll cast my vote when I figure out which works best for my schemes, but right now it's a tie between those two ;)

Warcry
2007-06-15, 06:48 AM
I'm furious that Flec didn't take my nominating Smokescreen seriously. ;)

Since he's my guy, I'm kinda obliged to vote for Fort Max. Truth be told, though, that's more of a "get rid of Optimus, he's boring and I hate him" vote than anything else, and I'd be OK with any of the other guys in charge.

Originally posted by verytired
Alright then, seriously, bring Springer back: he almost got the gig in a UK what if story...
Our Springer's in no condition (mentally or emotionally) to be leading the Autobots any time soon. :(

Plus, no one's running him. We're all afraid to because Warp was too awesome at the job.

redman prime
2007-06-15, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Warcry
Our Springer's in no condition (mentally or emotionally) to be leading the Autobots any time soon. :(

Plus, no one's running him. We're all afraid to because Warp was too awesome at the job.

than drag him back. you have the power! you've got the touch!

erm..
well, i wouldn't mind seeing someone out of the blue, maybe Grim cause he's in decent shape?

I don't have any autobots, though. just thought of that.

optimusskids
2007-06-15, 09:21 PM
It would depend what's going to happen next who would be most appropriate in a particular situation.

If we decide to jump forward by 2 years then Prime should be back.

A council might be quite fun rule by committee lots of chances for squabbling ,and politicing.

verytired
2007-06-17, 12:34 AM
Ok, Springers out... Chromedome? The Japanese thought he was pretty hot stuff. Or Grimlock: In Earthforce, End of G1 and most of G2 he proved a good leader, with many of Primes qualities, if a little more pragmatic about his own soldiers.

Now Warcry has him, Cosmos? He is the coolest Mini-bot on the block

slartibartfast
2007-06-17, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by optimusskids
A council might be quite fun rule by committee lots of chances for squabbling ,and politicing.

Warcry
2007-06-17, 04:40 AM
Now Warcry has him, Cosmos? He is the coolest Mini-bot on the block
Hubcap's at least twice as cool as Cosmos.

Heinrad
2007-06-17, 05:30 AM
And now, a Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the Heinrad's Characters Party:

Prime: "Vote for me. I've been here through thick and thin, and with our guts and wits, we will defeat the Decepticons."

Ironhide: "Vote fer me. Ah think Prahme could use a lil' vacation. Not dead, jus' some tahme off."

Hot Rod: "Vote for me. I've got some experience now, and think I can handle the job."

Grimlock: "Me say, Vote Grimlock! Vote for Grimlock put mecha-chicken in pot, bar in every garage. Me lead Autobots to victory over Decepticons! If not vote for me, Me find you and eat you!"

Nightbeat: -holding the microphone, being the announcer for this- "Uh...... right." -clears throat, looks at copy- "Remember folks. Election day is near. Go to the polls and vote. Vote for the Kennedy of you choice, but VOTE!" -scowls at copy- "Kennedy?"

Tracks: "The guy who wrote the copy's been listening to The First Family again."

Nightbeat: "Damn. I knew I should have fed his record player to Grimlock......"

slartibartfast
2007-06-17, 06:24 AM
Hubcap's at least twice as cool as Cosmos. NOOOOOOOOoooooooooo..

Cosmos is in the hands of an evil madmod. What must I do to save him ?

zigzagger
2007-06-17, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Heinrad

Prime: "Vote for me. I've been here through thick and thin, and with our guts and wits, we will defeat the Decepticons."

Ironhide: "Vote fer me. Ah think Prahme could use a lil' vacation. Not dead, jus' some tahme off."

Hot Rod: "Vote for me. I've got some experience now, and think I can handle the job."

Grimlock: "Me say, Vote Grimlock! Vote for Grimlock put mecha-chicken in pot, bar in every garage. Me lead Autobots to victory over Decepticons! If not vote for me, Me find you and eat you!"

Ratchet: Ummm, yeah, Question for each candidate. If you were elected, what do you intend to do about the current state of our medical programs? I mean, equipment is scarce, staff is short - hell, I was the only licensed surgeon for a crew of soldiers during the siege of Kalis. Speaking of which, I had a solider come in the other day - lost a limb in battle - and he couldn't afford the procedure for a prosthetic because of the lack of health care. Cripes man! I mean, for a technologically advanced race, we sure live in 3rd world conditions.

You know what.....screw you guys. You're only here to advance your own interests. Vote for me as Chancellor - and get quality health care programs....and a complementary prosthetic limb for all you veterans out there!

redman prime
2007-06-17, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by zigzagger
Ratchet:and a complementary prosthetic limb for all you veterans out there!

that's the best argument for the party right there.

which sucks, considering....

Ratchet for Steward!
steward of Iacon!

(edit) and upon pondering, i'm still Autobot free.

optimusskids
2007-06-17, 08:24 AM
Cross :"you've always ssssssuspected that your politicianssss are sneaky untrussstworthy thievessss who are always getting hold of thingssss without paying and are in two mindssss about everything depending on who is assssking the question."

Double "yes vote for Doublecross does exactly what it says on the tin."

verytired
2007-06-17, 11:08 PM
Hubcap's at least twice as cool as Cosmos.

LIES! YOU SHAME YOURSELF WITH YOUR LIES!

Woah, got excited there. But, evidence:
[list=1]
Cosmos is in the Cartoon and the Comic, Hubcap aint anywhere to be seen
Cosmos has a unique function; Hubcap is another communications officer...
I have no clue what he looks like, but I know Cosmos looks cooler
Cosmos is miserable and lonely, Hubcap a shameless profiteer (if that isn't a word I just made up)
Um...
Cosmos can see a Bycicle from very far away, according to the Budiansky!
[/list=1]

Heinrad
2007-06-18, 02:17 AM
Nightbeat: "Okay. A couple of posts ago, Ratchet asked some questions, and-"

Minerva: -cutting him off- "I'm not short! I'm as tall as he is!" -pointing at Nightbeat-

Fixit: -poking her in the ankle- "But I am. Now hush."

Nightbeat: -sighs- "Anyway, we put the question to the candidates, and here were their reactions."

Prime: ""I intend to put a program in place to train more medical staff. As well as get Wheeljack some proper medical training." -DING!, followed by Prime sighing and opening his chest panels- "Muffins are done....."

Ironhide: "Ah'm awl fer trainin' new staff, but makin' sure th' 'Cons ain't gonna be able ta hurt us too bad'll hopefully keep awl'a our new medics kahnda bored. So Ah'd balance it b'tween gettin' more doctors'n buildin' up our defenses."

Hot Rod: "I would bring peace in our time, bring this war to an end."

Grimlock: "Hmm. Me have two answers to this. One, fallen warriors WEAK! Deserve what they get! Second, SHUT UP RATCHET!!!!!!"

Nightbeat: -massaging his temples- "Join us again next time, folks. Hopefully our candidates will make more sense."

Aero Blade
2007-06-18, 02:25 AM
Well this is all very interesting, but none of you have yet managed to sway my vote. You guys better quit messing around and start making with the major bribe tactics! I'm gonna need a lot more influencing to figur out where to go, especially with the lot I've got in the game. My boys are really making it hard to figure it out *opens door to voting commity room*

Aero Blade: For the love of Primus, DON'T VOTE FOR THE MEDIC!!! The world as I know it will end with them in charge!!!

Dirge: ...um...well...how do we go about this again...? This wasn't exactly something I'm familiar with...democratic process... The Decepticon empire made things simpler.... *rubs shoulder a though remembering an old injury* ...and more painful...

Wing Saber: I fear I too am at a bit of a loss myself. Having been a statue until most recient times I know nothing of the qualifications of the available candidates...

Breaker: Just save yourselves all of the trouble and just kill all the canditdates. All politics does is screw things up until it breaks down into eventual anarchy later. Might as well make good time and skip to the end.

Wing Saber: *blinks* How did he get in here? This is an Autobot voting area!

Breaker: You need to secure your ventilation system better...

Oy vey. See what I have to contend with? I got enough trouble ust keeping these guys in line without the political prattle. You guys better start stepping up your campains! *goes in and closes door as the arguing continues*

Warcry
2007-06-18, 04:01 AM
Cosmos is miserable and lonely, Hubcap a shameless profiteer (if that isn't a word I just made up)
Hubcap: "See, that right there makes me twice as awesome as any other Minibot around." *looks out at the candidates* "Pay me 10,000 shanix and I'll rig the vote in your favour."

Crosshairs: *grabs Hubcap and drags him away* "Off to the brig you go..."

Fortress Maximus: *watching the theatrics, crosses arms* "You should vote for me because I'm above this sort of petty bickering."

*turns and walks out of the room*

Snarl: "He's not much fun, is he?"

optimusskids
2007-06-18, 08:55 PM
Quickmix : "I'm afraid old chaps that a survey of the prosethic limb stocks show we only have 59 left legs of the following models , 10 Grimlocks, 4 Tracks, 3 Silverbolts, 3 Omega Supreme , 20 Bumblebees. 12 Wheeljacks, 5 Prowl/Smokescreen/Bluestreak, 1 Starscream (don't ask) and 1 Cosmos. Vote for Ratchet to help change this terrible situation.

Squawktalk : "Please vote for me as Autobot Leader I feel I will bring a different perception of the role, I get on well with animals and small children. I have a vast range of stories from myriad s of different cultures and translated from 1000's of languages so should get on very well with the Dinobots, I also plan to ban contact with any humans under the age of 21. I also suggest any technological projects be built in a securely guarded lab facility and not in a random human edifice where they are easily discovered. I also suggest any cassete tape or cassetetape players found in any building associated with Autobots be destroyed totally , present company and autobot trrops excepted if theyr'e still using cassettes in the naughties they're probably not going to be able to build your super duper device anyway. I also plan to make sure enemies are eliminated and not left to fight another day. I wish to remind you of the pedigree of cassetes in leadership positions , Ratbat was very efficent if a touch ruthless, I plan to bring an added warmth and sincerity. I ask you to accept me into your ranks as you did Jetfire before me. I plan to use my language skills to unite various races into a galaxy spanning coalition that can co exist in perfect harmony. Thank you for listening vote team Squawktalk.

BlueSkids
2007-06-19, 10:05 PM
Clank! ' Ultra Magnus hidding in the wardrobe '.

Heinrad
2007-06-20, 01:30 PM
Chromedome: "Isn't Squawktalk a Decepticon?"

Hardhead: "I think so."

Chromedome: "But we can't have a Decepticon as leader. How can you swear vengence over something against your own leader?"

Hardhead: "I really wish you'd stop doing that. Stealing a satellite, killing your friends.... that, I can understand swearing dread vengence over. You swore vengence yesterday againt the company that manufactured your tires because one of them had a hole in it when you put the new ones on."

Chromedome: -shrugs- "What can I say? I'm a tragic hero kind of guy."

Brainstorm: -sighs- "It's a good thing out timeline got phased out of existence, Chromedome. Otherwise I'd try to figure out a way to send you back......" -snorts- "Tragic hero, indeed."

Chromedome: "What?"

Meanwhile, back at Party Central:

Prime: "I've got one vote, while Grimlock, Prowl, and Ultra Magnus all have two."

Ironhide: "Whut're you complain' about. 'Least ya got a vote."

Prime: "True, old friend. Actually, I'm surprised nobody's voted for you."

Ironhide: -shrugs- "Prob'ly figger it'd be lahke havin' you around, only with more of a ak-cent."

Grimlock: "Me always wonder why you talk funny."

Ironhide: "If that ain't th' pot cawlin' th' kettle black...."

Hot Rod: "What I can't figure out is why I've only got one vote. I'm young, I'm new, and I sound like Captain Jack Harkness."

Nightbeat: "Doctor Who version or Torchwood version?"

Hot Rod: "Torchwood, of course."

Minerva: -swooning- "He's got my vote...."

Nightbeat: -scowling slightly- "Stop that."

Hot Rod: "Me?"

Nightbeat: "Yes."

optimusskids
2007-06-21, 05:52 AM
Squawktalk : " a vote for me is a vote for peace, freedom and a rolling programme of sustainable upgrades both physical and weapons related over 3 year period for all interested troops alongside increased investment in medical services. And also a retirement programme for Veterans who muster out with a pension and a small business loan at reasonable rates to help set them up on civvy street."

Sixswitch
2007-06-21, 06:45 PM
Can I vote?

*whistled innocently*

Reflector
2007-06-21, 07:44 PM
I just realized that the title of this thread was "Vor for..." for the last week.

Genius.

redman prime
2007-06-22, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Reflector
I just realized that the title of this thread was "Vor for..." for the last week.

Genius.

sorry, i had noticed that earlier, thought nothing of it.