PDA

View Full Version : Board slow?

Cliffjumper
2007-07-29, 05:25 PM
Is it just me, or does the board seem a bit slow at the moment? For about three days, it's taken about 30 seconds (yeh, doesn't sound like much, but it really is when you think about it) for every single page on this place to load - not just when I first get here, but every time. I don't seem to be having the problem on any other site on the internet. Tried clearing the cahce and cookies, none of which seem to work. Anyone esle having this? Or that can fix it for me?

redman prime
2007-07-29, 06:10 PM
i was thinking that last night.. it seems like the "thanks for posting" page is up for a good 20-30 seconds.
meh, i thought i was just drunk

StoneCold Skywarp
2007-07-29, 06:13 PM
Generally speaking site back-ups are done on a sunday (early hours Canadian time) so it affects us in the UK/Europe as it's when we're likely to be around.

Should be okay now though...

slartibartfast
2007-07-30, 08:27 AM
Help ! I'm being punished for all the mean things I've been posting recently !

I'm sorry :(

Cliffjumper
2007-07-30, 04:05 PM
Nah, still treacle-slow here... which is prety damn weird, as nothing else I've tried has been (including the Tranfans board... are we still on the same server as there?). Gonna give Spybot a run, but I'm really stumped on this one...

Cliffjumper
2007-07-31, 02:47 PM
Hmmm, funnily enough, that seems to more or less have done it, touch wood...

Heh, even getting nailed by flood control now. Damn board, slow it down a bit!

StoneCold Skywarp
2007-07-31, 08:22 PM
bizarre, transfans is hosted by Brendan, yes, so generally speaking if we're ****ed, they're ****ed too