PDA

View Full Version : [Original RPG] An Autobot comm network?

barricade818
2007-07-31, 04:50 PM
The Autobots are a super advanced army of giant robots, yet it seems to me like they're lacking in the military intelligence and communications department. So I'm recommending that we get a thread going where we just post comm chatter and stuff that the leaders of the autobot army would want its soldiers to know.

For example:

MM/DD/YY-Name-whom it concerns-Message (i.e.- Calling all autobots in the Iacon area, crisis in city, all available soldiers report to commanding officer for details.)

Of course, we would need to regulate this, like by giving only leaders and high ranking officers the ability to post orders that request or order the autobots to take action or do something. But, other players can post stuff like army wide comm. shatter telling everyone that decides to listen in, that they are under fire or in some sort of crisis and requesting help.

The thread could be considered a giant communications database, that any autobot can link to through satellite (and maybe some equipment) and hear about what is going.

secretcode
2007-08-01, 08:43 PM
Hells yeah. I'm all for it, as it could make disasters and big battles less of a problem (Such as my little Devastator romp, which I kinda let go too far, and it's still going.)

barricade818
2007-08-02, 06:53 AM
All we need is a little mod support, and we can get this thing going. Maybe it will make the army seem more united, cause right now it feels like a bunch of individuals under a common flag.

Heinrad
2007-08-02, 11:53 PM
Well, the Autobots aren't completely militaristic per se, but it is a good idea.

barricade818
2007-08-03, 01:47 AM
They do have a military though, and any military strategist would agree that communication is the key to success.