PDA

View Full Version : [Original RPG] Attack of the Clones?

secretcode
2007-08-03, 12:31 AM
I've recently been bouncing ideas around with the mods, mainly Reflector and Heinrad, and all my actions with Bugbite, Bumblebee, and Devastator have all been used to set forth a path to a possible sidestory.

I also what to know if anyone else has ideas about this, so I am posting a portion of what I've stated so far on this thread.

-----------
All of this was done out of Bugbite's free will. Gigatron has no idea of Bugbite's urges to become a leader.

As you may know, Bumblebee was kidnapped and his programming was used to finish Bugbite's unfinished programming. Bugbite used this as an experiment to finalize his cloning procedure.

Bugbite then kidnapped Devastator and knocked him out with an EMP, and then stuck a mind control device full of nanobots on him. When the device began to smoke, nanobots were realized and began to copy data stored in the Autobots (the ones in battle with Devastator) memory banks. He did this to start phase 2 of his plan.

DECEPTICLONES. Bugbite is attempting to clone Autobot soldiers, and using them to defeat the Autobots and Decepticons.

About the copies, they are just copies, meaning they have no sparks. Once they are dead, that aren't going to come back (at least I won't bring them back).

#1 I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to be controlled, hopefully the mods can figure it out.

#2 I don't want to make copies of those who already have copies running about, meaning that a Prime clone won't happen.

#3 The only 'bots I plan on cloning are Powerglide, Brawn, Prowl, Warpath, and maybe Hot Rod for the main clones. Other clones are just drones (IT RHYMED!) meaning that they may be mass NPCs

CLONING EFFECTS------------------
The copying process for the clones has different effects. Very rarely does it cause spark damage as seen in Bumblebee. Some might experiance a mind link with the clone, others might be able to control the clone, or there could be no effect whatsoever.

Anyway, Tell me what you guys think!

barricade818
2007-08-04, 04:16 PM
I don't know if this is a good idea. First of all, it's bordering on the edge of creating a new faction. Second, it might make things a little confusing. Also, it doesn't seem like a good idea to take on both the Decepticons and the Autobots at the same time.

secretcode
2007-08-04, 08:27 PM
That's why he is going to be stopped. Bugbite will first attack the Autobots, but he will be stopped after some effort.

barricade818
2007-08-04, 09:53 PM
Now you're talking. This might be a little interesting. Watching an Autobot kill their clone will be pretty sweet. If you need any help with this, just send me a PM.

Warcry
2007-08-05, 03:09 AM
This plotline would have a lot more impact if we hadn't done something almost exactly the same in the Battle of Kalis (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38030) a few months ago. Hot Rod even melted a couple of his own clones during the fight.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea (because it's not, not at all) but the timing isn't all that great for those of us who's been here more than a couple months.

zigzagger
2007-08-05, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Warcry
This plotline would have a lot more impact if we hadn't done something almost exactly the same in the Battle of Kalis (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38030) a few months ago. Hot Rod even melted a couple of his own clones during the fight.

(off-topicness...sort of)
That was such a fun thread (even if it wasn't finished properly :(). The conversation between Ratchet (me) and Perceptor (slarti) will always be one of my favorite moments. Though, the battle between Ratchet and Wrench (Ratchet's clone, played by very tired) was a very intense moment.

Oh, sorry....resume topic.