PDA

View Full Version : Continuity section

tfray
2007-08-20, 05:09 PM
---

Denyer
2007-08-20, 05:12 PM
There's about a dozen different continuities just taking into account the comics... we are going to need at least one for the movie and spin-offs though (not sure exactly how the new animated stuff will tie into that yet.) Reorganisation is definitely on the cards.

tfray
2007-08-20, 05:22 PM
---

Halfshell
2007-08-20, 05:36 PM
The original [gen 1] cartoon is a different continuity to the original comic.

The Gen 2 cartoon is just edited versions of the original cartoon.

The animated movie doesn't fit properly in the continuity of the original comic, whilst Beast Wars is technically a halfway house continuity taking backstory from both the cartoon and the comic.

The Dreamwave "G1" comic is different again, as is the IDW comic.

Then of course we've got the Japanese "G1" stuff...

It's nowhere near as straightfoward as you seem to be suggesting.

tfray
2007-08-20, 06:36 PM
Just do it do the movies and tv series like the title I said it could be called "Continuities TV/Movies". It could just give info to the TV and movies, leave the other things in the continuity out.

Halfshell
2007-08-20, 06:39 PM
If it's leaving things out, then it's not a guide to a continuity.

Denyer
2007-08-20, 06:44 PM
The main problem is that few people find most of the cartoons entertaining enough to write about; we had to bribe DrSpengler with frequent visits to the pony petting zoo...

tfray
2007-08-20, 06:51 PM
Well I would start with the continuity with the TV series and movies (the transformers movies and TV series first) , you could get an inspiration from the transformers wiki.

Halfshell
2007-08-20, 06:52 PM
Why bother, though? I mean all the information is available at the Wiki for those who want to go there.

What you're suggesting doesn't make a lot of sense, and goes against the already existing format. There'd be no content to justify it, and it would be duplicating what's already out there.

tfray
2007-08-20, 07:06 PM
Sorry but I thought would be interested, also when are you going to put info to the 2007 movie.

slartibartfast
2007-08-20, 07:20 PM
http://www.tfarchive.com/common/Image4.jpg (http://www.tfarchive.com/movie2007/)

Cliffjumper
2007-08-20, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by tfray
It could just give info to the TV and movies, leave the other things in the continuity out.

Some of us worked damn hard on the stuff for the "other things", and our comic section is one of the best on the internet. We should "leave... it out" so we can crib some information from the ATT old boys back-slapping project?

Incidentally, I'm laughing about the cartoon and "continuity" being considered compatible terms...

Denyer
2007-08-21, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Brendocon
Why bother, though? I mean all the information is available at the Wiki for those who want to go there.
Reckon it's worth doing a comics wiki specifically for new stuff, actually... more on that when I get back and can talk to the people who'd probably be administrating it, see if they're still interested.

Note to general audience: we are interested in cartoon resources if anyone's up for writing them and they're of a decent standard.

Cliffjumper
2007-08-21, 04:40 PM
I can review the cartoon for you.

Halfshell
2007-08-21, 05:22 PM
My Headmasters glibs are still online somewhere at Transfans.

Admittedly they are basically rephrasings of the episode titles, but that's what makes them so awesome.

inflatable dalek
2007-08-21, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Some of us worked damn hard on the stuff for the "other things", and our comic section is one of the best on the internet.

Mainly because it's about the only one.

Of the top of my head that one that just lists the issues and brief plots is all that comes to mind (Rob Jung?). It's a great shame that the Virgin Guide thing vanished a few years ago.

More seriously though, the comics section is,for m e at least, the unique selling point of the site. Even the parts I didn't contribute to...

Denyer
2007-08-22, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
It's a great shame that the Virgin Guide thing vanished a few years ago.
Er...

http://www.sigmalion.net/tf/virgins/tfuk.html

inflatable dalek
2007-08-22, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Denyer
Er...

http://www.sigmalion.net/tf/virgins/tfuk.html

Yay! It's back. Shame there doesn't seem to be anything new since the last time I saw it (which was before the TF Database went down if memory serves), but good to see one of the first TF sites I discovered is online again.